Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Rooie

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Rooie » ma dec 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Cruijff has asked Hiddink to take on a role as technical manager (not entirely clear, they also suggest it might be a supervising function) according to Dutch media.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di dec 14, 2010 7:53 am

What's Hiddink doing these days?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

acab

Bericht door acab » di dec 14, 2010 11:05 am

Coaching Turkey

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Nice analysis by Ernst Bouwes on the coaching situation: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... pe&cc=5901 Particularly like van Basten's comment at the end of the article. :drecul.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » wo dec 15, 2010 12:31 am

Benji schreef:Van Gaal has stated he's willing to return to Ajax to take control (in what position isn't exactly clear), but only on his conditions. He's even willing to give up his dream to become National Coach again. Quite a bold statement, certainly after his recent (a month ago) statement of never ever returning to Ajax.
Where did you read this?

I'm not so sure what to think of Van Gaal returning. I see the oracle JC has also tossed his hat into the ring to go onto an advisory council with some old players including Aaron Winter.

We have these as possible choices:
1. L Van Gaal
2. G Hiddink (comes JC approved)
3. F Rijkaard (JC would also approve)
4. F de Boer

I don't care who comes in as I think all of them will be fabulous trainers.

But I do think getting rid of the board is more crucial. You get rid of the current board and appoint any of those 4 and we'll be moving back in the right direction.

6 managers in 6 years tells you this board is incompetent.
AJACIED

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo dec 15, 2010 9:02 am

Didn't we already get rid of a bunch of people on the board? Wasn't that part of the Coronel report?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 15, 2010 2:29 pm

aveslacker schreef:Didn't we already get rid of a bunch of people on the board? Wasn't that part of the Coronel report?
Yes, there was a revamping of the whole senior management team and Coronel came on to chair the board. The central issue at present is the lack of representation of former player(s) on the board. I don't think there are any at present (though the issue is who would serve in that position is key).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Provocative piece by Ernst Bouwes on the Van Gaal/Cruyff matter: http://totalfootballnl.blogspot.com/201 ... l?spref=tw I'm not on the ground in Holland and cannot comment directly whether this is or is not a big deal and would appreciate thoughts from others.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo dec 19, 2010 8:45 am

Orange14 schreef:Provocative piece by Ernst Bouwes on the Van Gaal/Cruyff matter: http://totalfootballnl.blogspot.com/201 ... l?spref=tw I'm not on the ground in Holland and cannot comment directly whether this is or is not a big deal and would appreciate thoughts from others.
It's not like this is the first time that an Ajax coach has antagonized Cruijff. Van Basten did, after all. Shame he sucked as coach.

How much longer is Van Gaal at Bayern? I thought he was going to be there a few more years. Who knows how long DeBoer is going to be around.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma dec 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Fronk De Boer,

A fantastic player,one of my all times favourites.He gets my vote to have a go as head coach, I dont think he will take any crap so good luck to him.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma jan 03, 2011 7:33 pm

NOS Studio Sport reports that Ajax and Frank de Boer have agreed to a 3 1/2 year contract. Hennie Spijkerman will be his assistant.

Official:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Finally a decisive move by the Board of Directors!!! Wonder what is in store for Danny Blind?

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma jan 03, 2011 11:02 pm

He'll remain assistant for the rest of the season.

cdnajaxfan

Aron Winter and Bob de Klerk to coach Toronto FC?

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jan 04, 2011 2:33 am

Reports over here are linking my other beloved club, Toronto FC to youth coaches Aron Winter and Bob de Klerk to fill the Coach and Assistant Coach positions respectively. Jurgen Klinsman has been brought in as a consultant for Toronto FC and if this is true, I am already happy with his work. I hate to say it but I hope it is true guys! I hope there could be some Ajacied coming with them! :headbang.gif: :blub.gif:

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer ... 39916.html

http://www.goltv.ca/blog/asifhossain/197/

Any word on it over in Amsterdam?

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Re: Aron Winter and Bob de Klerk to coach Toronto FC?

Bericht door Dubbel » di jan 04, 2011 3:11 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:Reports over here are linking my other beloved club, Toronto FC to youth coaches Aron Winter and Bob de Klerk to fill the Coach and Assistant Coach positions respectively. Jurgen Klinsman has been brought in as a consultant for Toronto FC and if this is true, I am already happy with his work. I hate to say it but I hope it is true guys! I hope there could be some Ajacied coming with them! :headbang.gif: :blub.gif:

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer ... 39916.html

http://www.goltv.ca/blog/asifhossain/197/

Any word on it over in Amsterdam?
:smile-ajax.gif: Yup, I'd read it here:

ma 03 jan 2011, 21:32
Gery Vink gaat Jong Ajax leiden
AMSTERDAM - Naast het aanstellen van Frank de Boer voor de komende jaren als hoofdtrainer heeft Ajax ook wijzigingen doorgevoerd in de technische staf van de jeugdteams. Gery Vink (45) krijgt Jong Ajax onder zijn hoede. Hij vervangt met onmiddellijke ingang Albert van der Dussen en Bryan Roy. Vink is sinds 2006 actief in Amsterdam, waar hij de A2-junioren trainde. Hij was eerder werkzaam als jeugdtrainer bij Vitesse en PSV.

Bij de A1 vormde Frank de Boer met Bob de Klerk tot begin december het trainersduo. Na de overstap van De Boer gaf De Klerk vorige week aan voor een buitenlands avontuur te kiezen. Hij gaat in Canada aan de slag. Dennis Bergkamp en Fred Grim ontfermen zich vanaf komende week over de A1. Bergkamp, die 239 wedstrijden voor Ajax speelde, keerde in 2009 terug in Amsterdam als jeugdtrainer. Hij had de D2 onder zijn hoede met Heini Otto, die dat verder alleen gaat doen.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jan 04, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks Dubbel!

My rough translation says that Bergy is taking over. I'll have my Boss fully translate tomorrow at work for me. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jan 04, 2011 4:31 am

Benji schreef:
Official:
I don't think I have seen him smile like that since 95!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jan 04, 2011 5:41 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:Thanks Dubbel!

My rough translation says that Bergy is taking over. I'll have my Boss fully translate tomorrow at work for me.
All right, all right, I'll give it a shot... Also, apparently Wim Jonk will assist Vink at Young Ajax though the article does not show that. Oddly enough, I found no Dutch sources linking Aron Winter to TFC though there certainly are plenty English pages to be found that do confirm it.

Gery Vink to lead Young Ajax
AMSTERDAM - In addition to signing Frank de Boer as head coach for the next few years Ajax also made changes to the technical staff of its youth teams. Gery Vink (45) will coach Young Ajax. He is the immediate replacements of Albert van der Dussen en Bryan Roy. Vink is coach in Amsterdam since 2006, as coach of the A2-youths. Before that he was youth coach at Vitesse and other clubs.

Until early December Frank de Boer formed a duo with Bob de Klerk at Ajax' A1 youths. Last week, After De Boer's switch, De Klerk notified Ajax that he choses an adventure abroad. He will go to work in Canada. Dennis Bergkamp and Fred Grim will lead the A1 starting next week. Bergkamp, who played 239 games for Ajax, returned to Amsterdam in 2009 as a youth coach. He led the D2 youths together with Heini Otto, who will lead the D2 alone from now on.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » di jan 04, 2011 7:31 am

"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jan 11, 2011 6:33 am

I only just found this out, something that Anas fans wordwide will applaude: Anastasiou named as the new assistant for Young Ajax.
Apparently he got his diplomas in England and he's all set to go! Good luck Yannis!

Afbeelding

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Dubbel schreef:I only just found this out, something that Anas fans wordwide will applaude: Anastasiou named as the new assistant for Young Ajax.
Apparently he got his diplomas in England and he's all set to go! Good luck Yannis!

Afbeelding
Always liked that guy. I remember talking to him at training back in 2003 and thought he was really cool and down to earth.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Kali tihi Yanni!!! We have the same name, so I wish him the best of luck
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice piece by Ernst Bouwes on our former manager Leo Beenhakker: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... er?cc=5901

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di feb 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey! It's our own Menno Pot, "Ajax expert and author," quoted in a nice piece from the Beeb about Jack Reynolds!
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

mako schreef:Hey! It's our own Menno Pot, "Ajax expert and author," quoted in a nice piece from the Beeb about Jack Reynolds!
Oh, and happy birthday!
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie