General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Just to say that it was a terrible tackle and I only watched it on youtube.Sky would not show it.

As for Wenger wanting Taylor banned, this man is a complete idiot. Last week , when Man U took them apart, one or 2 of the Arsenal players were
trying to kick Nani on purpose and Gallas should have been red carded.
Had one of those intended tackes broken Nani's leg would Wenger have wanted his player kicked out of football!!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 25, 2008 8:02 pm

SPL schreef:...
As for Wenger wanting Taylor banned, this man is a complete idiot....
i admire Wenger for his managerial work, but I totally agree with you. The guy is one of the biggest cry babies in football. Its always the other team that are at fault. Or this player should be banned, or whatever.

I wonder if he was one of those kids that if he was losing would pick up the ball and declare 'its my ball and i'm going home'?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di feb 26, 2008 3:41 am

Horrible tackle that will probably end his career...with him goes away any chances Croatia had of being a surprise in the next Euro...I prety sure Taylor aint feeling to good right now but it was not really intentional...just dumb and clumsy...
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Horrible tackle that will probably end his career...
The press say that he'll be back in around 9 months or so. Apparently a similar injury to Hendrik Larsson's when he was at Celtic....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo feb 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Yep, the injury was not as severe as first reported. It was NOT a compound fracture, but a broken Tib & Fib, and an open dislocation of the ankle.

Still nasty mind you, but providing he doesn't get too many post-op infections he should play again.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr mar 07, 2008 8:03 pm

This story is all over the London News.

Will be very sad if it happens and they are kicked out of football after over 100 years.

Club refuses to pay jailed player

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7280939.stm

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma mar 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Quite a controversy in the Spanish and Italian football press at the moment about an interview with one of the medical advisors to the Brazillian football squad.

In the context of the story surrounding Lionel Messi, who Barcelona have loaded up with growth hormones to help him grow to a size where he could play pro football (hormones that could raise his chances of getting Leukemia by 500%) - this doctor said that the reason that Ronaldo's career has nose-dived so spectacularly at such a young age is that PSV Eindhoven loaded him up with anabolic steroids to help him bulk up when he was a youngster.

As a result of the interview the good doctor has been fired.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma mar 10, 2008 1:20 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Quite a controversy in the Spanish and Italian football press at the moment about an interview with one of the medical advisors to the Brazillian football squad.

In the context of the story surrounding Lionel Messi, who Barcelona have loaded up with growth hormones to help him grow to a size where he could play pro football (hormones that could raise his chances of getting Leukemia by 500%) - this doctor said that the reason that Ronaldo's career has nose-dived so spectacularly at such a young age is that PSV Eindhoven loaded him up with anabolic steroids to help him bulk up when he was a youngster.

As a result of the interview the good doctor has been fired.
We talked about that in previous page, about month ago mate :smallgrin.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mar 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Just watched one of the best 0-0 games I've seen for ages - Crystal Palace v Blackpool and we should have murdered them. The stats say they had 55% possession but that really isn't the story of the game. I can't believe they are up near the play-off positions.

Despite the score (and I have seen some winsthis is probably the best I've seen Blackpool play in ages (certainly without scoring). Lots of passion and commitment and we should stay up.

OPH, you didn't go did you??

Just seen the Ajax score too so a good day for me.......

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo mar 30, 2008 9:15 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Just watched one of the best 0-0 games I've seen for ages - Crystal Palace v Blackpool and we should have murdered them. The stats say they had 55% possession but that really isn't the story of the game. I can't believe they are up near the play-off positions.

Despite the score (and I have seen some winsthis is probably the best I've seen Blackpool play in ages (certainly without scoring). Lots of passion and commitment and we should stay up.

OPH, you didn't go did you??

Just seen the Ajax score too so a good day for me.......
Hi SE6 - didn't go - thought about it and giving you a call but decided that at the moment it would be more exciting for me to plant my asparagus, potatoes and parsnips up the allotment than spending a fortune to watch the Eagles. :smallgrin.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mar 30, 2008 9:43 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
than spending a fortune to watch the Eagles. :smallgrin.gif:
Yeah, £25.00 is a bit steep! Charlton and even Tottenham (in the League Cup) were only £20.00. Still I suppose Simon Jordan needs to pay for his hairspray somehow.... :1evil.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo mar 30, 2008 10:49 am

In De Telegraaf there's a report that the KNVB plans to scrap the post season play-off system for the second Champions League spot from next season. The second placed team automatically qualifies for the qualifying round. There will be play offs for the UEFA Cup.

Good news I reckon...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di apr 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Cracking new entry in our ‘greatest own goal of all time’ competition.

It’s a two legged Hungarian cup match. Fehervar won the first leg 2 – 1.

DVSC are winning the second leg 2 – 1, when this happens two minutes from the end of the game…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l6BHKF4tL0

For fans of the genre, this is the current holder of the honor, scored by good old Chris Brass…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo8FANX7o9U

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Cracking new entry in our ‘greatest own goal of all time’ competition.

It’s a two legged Hungarian cup match. Fehervar won the first leg 2 – 1.

DVSC are winning the second leg 2 – 1, when this happens two minutes from the end of the game…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l6BHKF4tL0
Helluva finish! :headbang.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 02, 2008 1:42 pm

*LOL*

The time makes that one even better... :biggrin.gif:

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo apr 02, 2008 6:52 pm

damn that was sad.....and funny.

poor guy.... :biggrin.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm

So... What is this goalkeeper thinking. Perhaps something like this: "Nice backpass. So, what do I do now? Oh, fuck, that's not a football! It's a hand grenade!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqkScLb ... re=related

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do apr 03, 2008 7:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:So... What is this goalkeeper thinking. Perhaps something like this: "Nice backpass. So, what do I do now? Oh, fuck, that's not a football! It's a hand grenade!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqkScLb ... re=related

K.
yeah..... Did he mysteriously get a new car/watch right after this game as I can't see any other reason for this lol.

Nice One

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr apr 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Ref blasts Dutch bias claim
The referee at the centre of the controversial penalty decision in Arsenal's Champions League clash with Liverpool has dismissed suggestions of bias as "ludicrous".

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ref-blas ... im-109404/

This is totally stupid. For once I am on the referee side. FFS - There was also a Dutchman playing for Arsenal.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo apr 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Not sure what to make of this.
Gunners consider Ajax link-up
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html

Arsene Wenger has revealed that Arsenal could forge a relationship with Ajax from next season...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Arsenal really could just steal all our young kids for nothing!!

dws

Bericht door dws » zo apr 06, 2008 2:33 pm

DanK schreef:Ref blasts Dutch bias claim
The referee at the centre of the controversial penalty decision in Arsenal's Champions League clash with Liverpool has dismissed suggestions of bias as "ludicrous".

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ref-blas ... im-109404/

This is totally stupid. For once I am on the referee side. FFS - There was also a Dutchman playing for Arsenal.
Yeah, he could have given three penalties in the Scotland V Ukraine Euro qualifier but didn't give any .... no Dutchies in that game.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 07, 2008 6:31 pm

The press have started to pick up on our possible partnership with Arsenal.

What do you guys think??

It appears we may get some of their kids on loan or they may just use us to play some South American or African make him into a star and we get nothing out of it.(Alex at PSV went to Chelsea for nothing after 3years at PSV)

If they want any of our first teamers will we end up letting them go on the cheap??

Finally will they start to sniff around our youth system even more than they do now. We have stopped these English clubs by putting 11 young u 17's on contract but I note that we have about 8 kids in the Dutch u15 team , such a partnership will see them trying to steal these kids in another year's time.

So no I do not see what Ajax can get out of this.

PS Just thought of something we will end up with more english kids in our first team than Arsenal, after all the Dutch do learn and speak English very well.Given that the native tongue at Arsenal is french the english kids will
feel more at home in Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma apr 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Honestly, I can't see it being much different than the PSV-Chelsea deal, especially in terms of any benefits we might get. Arsenal is going to be the club with the power in any deals as they are the ones with the money and are playing in a better league. The most benefit I can see Ajax getting is temporary players on loan from Arsenal (like Alex and PSV). In most cases the player would rather be at Arsenal and if they show they are a good player they will be playing in London, not Amsterdam, for the long term. Arsenal has loads of talent, though, and I really think we could benefit from their players, although I'm sure it would only be temporary and couldn't ever be guaranteed.

I would hope Ajax didn't cave in, especially in terms of things like selling players, where we sell to Arsenal just because of a deal rather than going to another team with more benefits for Ajax. Unfortunately, I don't see many benefits for Arsenal other than that and loaning players for experience, which they can already do.

In the end, I don't think I would make too much of it if it happens. More than anything these sort of deals seem like symbolic gestures more than anything, unless there's a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Plaats reactie