New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » zo jan 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Was it so that Michael said (when he ended his career) the he regret's it that he never began his European career at Ajax?

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » zo jan 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Daniel_vT schreef:Was it so that Michael said (when he ended his career) the he regret's it that he never began his European career at Ajax?
Not that I know of, but I think it is pretty apparant that Michael favors how Ajax handles their youth. He has stated that Cruyff made the biggest impact as a coach on him, he chose Ajax when he came back from Japan and he tried to emulate the "ajax-way" during his spell as coach of Brøndby. Now whether he was inspired from playing in Ajax or playing under Cruyff in Barca is up for debate, but the 4-4-3 with true wingers, focus on the youth players and a desire to play offenisive possesion-football tells me he shares some of the Ajax-philosophy. This is why I also think that he will recommend Ajax to Andreas over other clubs.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo jan 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Daniel_vT schreef:Was it so that Michael said (when he ended his career) the he regret's it that he never began his European career at Ajax?
Correct.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » ma jan 08, 2007 11:27 am

Just a quick follow-up on Andreas Laudrup. Barcelona has invited both Andreas and hisl elder brother Mads Laudrup to a tryout in connection with a youth-tournament in April.

The article in Danish for those interested and able:

http://sporten.tv2.dk/fodbold/article.p ... 78141.html

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma jan 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Any idea on whether they're going to accept the offer, AFCK?

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » ma jan 08, 2007 9:47 pm

Thomas schreef:Any idea on whether they're going to accept the offer, AFCK?
i don't see any reason why they wouldnt accept the offer for a tryout. They would get a chance to play in Barca for a few days and wear the same shirt as both their dad and met their idol Ronaldinho (according to the article). As far as a move to Barcelona for the Laudrup sons? Well, I certainly don't think the elder brother Mads will go anywhere. He is on contract with FC Copenhagen (who we unfortunately know pretty well by now) and will be unlikely to leave. If nothing else, Im sure there is a hefty price tag on him. As for Andreas, I really don't know. I would love to see him in Ajax, but if Michael Laudrup gets a job in Spain, the family wouldn't be that far away. It's all speculation at this point. Don't forget that Michael had the best part of his career in Barca. He might have warm feeling for our club, but that can certainly also be said for Barca.

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » di jan 09, 2007 11:52 am

afckeeper95 schreef:
Thomas schreef:Any idea on whether they're going to accept the offer, AFCK?
i don't see any reason why they wouldnt accept the offer for a tryout. They would get a chance to play in Barca for a few days and wear the same shirt as both their dad and met their idol Ronaldinho (according to the article). As far as a move to Barcelona for the Laudrup sons? Well, I certainly don't think the elder brother Mads will go anywhere. He is on contract with FC Copenhagen (who we unfortunately know pretty well by now) and will be unlikely to leave. If nothing else, Im sure there is a hefty price tag on him. As for Andreas, I really don't know. I would love to see him in Ajax, but if Michael Laudrup gets a job in Spain, the family wouldn't be that far away. It's all speculation at this point. Don't forget that Michael had the best part of his career in Barca. He might have warm feeling for our club, but that can certainly also be said for Barca.
But Michael always said after his career he despite's he never began at Ajax, so maybe he want's his son(s) to give them that oppurtunity to begin at Ajax..

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Daniel_vT schreef:But Michael always said after his career he despite's he never began at Ajax, so maybe he want's his son(s) to give them that oppurtunity to begin at Ajax..
Read my lips: if Barcelona want those Laudrup boys, we're f*cked.

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di jan 09, 2007 1:35 pm

In no particular order, we need a left winger who can play three games in a row without getting injured, a right-winger who can cross the ball to players on his own team rather than the opposition, a centre-back who knows how to man-mark a striker, a left back who knows how to tackle (does anybody remember tackling? Ajax players used to do it in the 1970's but they've since stopped,) and a goalkeeper who occasionaly prevents the ball from going in the gap between those stick thingys.

Our current keeper seems to think that the best way to stop the football is by using the net.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di jan 09, 2007 5:29 pm

bring back bogdan!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Right... So, because Steks ain't good enough on high crosses we want Boggy back?

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di jan 09, 2007 5:58 pm

If there's anything Steek has gotten better at it's the high crosses.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di jan 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Right... So, because Steks ain't good enough on high crosses we want Boggy back?

K.
Boggy wasn't exactly a star with those high crosses either. If Ajax are going to get someone, get someone who's more talented than Stekelenburg. If there's a big club with serious interest in Maarten, cash in and check over at Celtic if they're willing to sell Marshall for instance.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Thomas schreef:Boggy wasn't exactly a star with those high crosses either.
That's what I was implying, Tomster... ;)

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jan 10, 2007 12:55 am

Thomas schreef: If Ajax are going to get someone, get someone who's more talented than Stekelenburg. If there's a big club with serious interest in Maarten, cash in and check over at Celtic if they're willing to sell Marshall for instance.
The problem is that Marshall doesn't play since for a long time. There is nothing worse to goalkeeper than a bench. His form is totally unknown now, so it could be possible that he won't be better than Stekelenburg.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo jan 10, 2007 9:12 am

Problem with Stekelenburg is that he gives a lot of opportunities away for a rebound. When boxing the ball away it is often through the center, where-as real topkeepers manage to box the ball away to the left or right
I think I lost my fucking headache

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jan 10, 2007 2:48 pm

Problem with Stekelenburg is that the whole Ajax team is a joke.
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jan 17, 2007 10:38 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Problem with Stekelenburg is that the whole Ajax team is a joke.

bingo!

lobont was and is shit. the soft goal king
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jan 20, 2007 9:07 am

According to RTL7 Henk ten Cate wants to buy two Hungarians - Gabor Babos and Csaba Feher.

Babos would be a good sign. I think he will have a chance to become our first goalkeeper. But I'm not sure about Feher...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jan 20, 2007 1:51 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:According to RTL7 Henk ten Cate wants to buy two Hungarians - Gabor Babos and Csaba Feher.

Babos would be a good sign. I think he will have a chance to become our first goalkeeper. But I'm not sure about Feher...
1-this is complete kaka

2-you have got to be kidding! the guy folds under pressure (call him lobont II) and we dont even need a keeper
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jan 21, 2007 10:02 am

Those have got to be the the worst shortlisted players of 2007.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Edgar Davids ---> Ajax?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Yup... All of a sudden the Edgar Davids thing seems to have become very serious indeed. Delegations of Ajax and Spurs in talks as we speak, reportedly...

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 26, 2007 3:33 pm

I've been waiting for that news for ages! I hope that Ajax will have 2 leaders now - Stam as a defender and Davids in midfield. He's totally different than the other players. He wants (I hope he still does) to fight, he's not afraid of a hard play...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 26, 2007 3:47 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:I've been waiting for that news for ages! I hope that Ajax will have 2 leaders now - Stam as a defender and Davids in midfield. He's totally different than the other players. He wants (I hope he still does) to fight, he's not afraid of a hard play...
Can anyone who's seen him play at Spurs lately shed some light on his current form?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr jan 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Davids is hot news at the moment, but there is also maybe another deal comming up: Denny Landzaat from Wigan to Ajax. Landzaat is very unhappy at Wigan and wants to return to the kind of football he likes. Landzaat is a former Ajax-youthplayer.

Things are going fast at the moment! And I must say that I like the names that are being dropped in the press! :yes:

Plaats reactie