Kenneth Perez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » di aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm

And it's much better for the teambuilding of the remaning players. Having to look at Perez'face all week, when he is moody isn't that nice. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di aug 05, 2008 6:03 pm

I agree that if the player isn't going to be used in any regard, it's better to get rid of them than keep them around to train with the first selection, or even with the youths.

I think the problem is going to come when we need a player like Perez (less so with the others 'demoted' to the youths as I don't think they're as good), either through injuries or under-performing players. That seems to be how the last few years have gone and it would make more sense to me to keep a player like Perez around (and moderately happy) in the case he's needed.

Of course, I get the feeling van Basten just doesn't rate him at all and will take his chances without him. I do think Ajax (van Geel) has treated him pretty bad. I don't think van Basten is to blame as he had nothing to do with the purchase, and just doesn't think he needs him.

He scored 12 goals in his first year and we decide he's not needed. Then half way through the next season, we decide it's probably better that we have him and not PSV, so we waste a few million in getting him back for half a season. I just hope we aren't kicking ourselves in January again.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm

You can tell players in private that they aren't in your first team plans.

All this is is a big huge "we don't want you" sign for everybody to see. All you are doing is underselling your own players and screwing yourself over in the transfer market. All to make a point to Albert Luque about who's boss.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 05, 2008 6:45 pm

The good news is that I don't think van Basten gives two shits what Perez's agent thinks.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di aug 05, 2008 8:05 pm

Van basten schreef:AGENT HITS OUT AT PEREZ SNUB

Kenneth Perez's agent has expressed his shock at the decision of new Ajax coach Marco van Basten to drop his client from the first-team squad.

Van Basten revealed on Monday that former Denmark attacking midfielder Perez - along with Albert Luque, Jurgen Colin and Laurent Delorge - does not figure in his plans at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Perez's agent Karsten Aabrink claims he and the player are at a loss to understand the decision.

He told AD Sportwereld: "It's madness that you take a player back to Amsterdam six months ago and now handle it like this. Especially when you look at what Kenneth achieved after he returned to Ajax.

"The football world again showed its most ugly face. Incomprehensible."

Perez, who will turn 34 later this month, returned to Ajax in January following a controversial switch to Eredivisie rivals PSV Eindhoven last year.
This fucking marry go round has to stop...why the hell did we give Colin another contract..we all knew it was going to end like this...Why throw Perez in the garbage so soon ? He has proven again and again that he can be a valueble pieace in the ajax eleven...he deserve more respect...shoting the door like that is plain wrong...I dont care if its Van Basten or Blind or whoever...I believe that this is a lack of respect towards some player and it give's the team a bad name..this is not the Ajax way..we should have more class in this type of matters.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di aug 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Yeah, I definately get the feeling, for better or worse, that van Basten is in charge, calling the shots, and doesn't really care what others think. Basically the same as he did with Oranje. It's still yet to be seen if he can produce results, but at least he seems to have a plan, unlike previous seasons.

I completely don't get the Colin thing, though, it seems like the Perez deal last year. I don't know if van Basten was expecting something else out of Colin, which is why he extended, but I don't think anyone else was. So I guess that's another case of thinking we need a player and then don't, which only reminds me of past incompetency and something I hoped was over.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di aug 05, 2008 8:25 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:Yeah, I definately get the feeling, for better or worse, that van Basten is in charge, calling the shots, and doesn't really care what others think. Basically the same as he did with Oranje. It's still yet to be seen if he can produce results, but at least he seems to have a plan, unlike previous seasons.

I completely don't get the Colin thing, though, it seems like the Perez deal last year. I don't know if van Basten was expecting something else out of Colin, which is why he extended, but I don't think anyone else was. So I guess that's another case of thinking we need a player and then don't, which only reminds me of past incompetency and something I hoped was over.
Van Basten said that he for himself wanted to see wether someone should be placed on the transfer-list. That's why Luque thought he had a chance and that's why Colin got a renewed (but poor) deal.

On one hand you can say: it's a waste of money because you know these particular players aren't good enough.
On the other hand: the last seasons had many examples of players just being bought or sold by the Technical Director, leaving the trainer desperate.

Van Basten wants full control and now its a bit pricey, but in the end we will do good.

It is also a HUGE shoutout to Van Geel and all the players that he bought....

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah, maybe Van Geel can buy a few of these tits for Roda...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 06, 2008 11:23 am

The message I get from MVB is that the future of Ajax is bright the future is Oranje!!! Of the 24 players he has listed he wants to keep 15 are dutch, with 12 coming through our youth system (plus of course the 2 Belgiums and Lindgren,although we had to pay to get him back!!!! )

It does seem Perez has been treated a little poorly and he must be confused what with being sold and then bought back 6 months later and now told to train with the kids.!! Of all those listed he would be the one I would want to keep on after all of the 24 players, take out the 2 Spaniards ,and the rest are are all 25 and under with not a lot of experience!!!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks to Benji on the Dutch thread :

KENNETH PEREZ PRESS RELEASE: Shocking Ajax

Ajax keeps on treating Kenneth Perez badly

Decency and moral seem to have left Ajax since Marco van Basten took over.

In spite of the fact that Ajax six months ago persuaded Perez to come back to the club and in spite of the fact that he on several occasions has played very well – sometimes as a captain – Ajax is now going to stop him and keep him from doing his work properly on a high level.

Marco van Basten informed Kenneth Perez at their meeting, that he was satisfied with Kenneths attitude , but that he in the future should practice with the youth team and that he should not expect to play games since Ajax prefer to use only young players in that team.

On the meeting that took place Tuesday night where Kenneth’s agent Karsten Aabrink negotiated with the management from Ajax, both sides agreed that it is a very bad solution for both Ajax and Kenneth Perez that he is going to practice with the youth team. A financial solution should be found to solve the problem.

It is however Kenneth Perez´ firm belief that the new management in Ajax is not going to treat him with decency in this case although Ajax has created the problem.

Some press reports have indicated that Kenneth Perez has caused problems in the dressing room. This is completely untrue and has been denied by the Ajax management at their meeting with Kenneth Perez.

Like Dennis Rommedahl also Kenneth Perez wants to stay in Ajax to fight for a place in the team. Unfortunately this is no longer a possibility when he is forced to practice with the youth team. This may of course also affect Perez´ possibilities to continue to play for Denmark.

The situation for Kenneth Perez is still unacceptable and unclear but First Artists agent Karsten Aabrink is working to solve it.

http://www.firstartist.dk/Default.aspx? ... NewsID=453
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo aug 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Have not commented so far on the whole Perez saga but having read that statement I could not help but do so.

In my personal opinion Perez is not half the player he actually thinks he is. Too many times watching him playing in an Ajax jersey I thought his attitude stunk compared to other less gifted players. They at least showed some fighting spirit, something I would definitely say Perez lacks. Too many times after making a sloppy pass or after losing the ball in possession Perez made no effort to get the ball back or backtrack to cover the situation.

Yes, his scoring record was good but how many of his goals came when we were already well ahead in matches.

As for his agents statement there is one blatent lie in there - he retired from international football in 2006 so what the hell is he on about his continuing opportunities to play for Denmark. Jeez Perez never ever played a full 90 mins for them when he was picked anyway.

My only concern is the success of Ajax football club and if the new boss feels that Perez's influence both on and off the pitch is not what he wants at the club then this is something Perez should be man enough to accept. To me the club is far bigger than one half decent footballer.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo aug 06, 2008 7:02 pm

As with Luque, how hard can it be for these guys to understand that the Ajax that hired him is not the same as the Ajax of today? Van Geel, ten Cate and Fontein are all gone. Coronel, Blind and van Basten are here. So why should Kenneth be surprised that the "assurances" that he received would be valid. The new crew isn't bound by the actions of the old one.

I feel bad for Perez, because he probably should never have left the club in the first place. But he's been around long enough to know how this works.

I, for one, am glad that Marco is showing these overpriced bozos the door. It also helps that he doesn't give a flaming rat's ass what others think.

It's like spring's first sun peeking through the clouds after a long and dreary winter.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Enough of Kenneth Perez part deux. Time to work out a contract buy out .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

dws

Bericht door dws » wo aug 06, 2008 10:49 pm

jamcocteau schreef: Yes, his scoring record was good but how many of his goals came when we were already well ahead in matches.

Just one more goal of that type would have given Ajax the title in season 2006/2007. A few extra minutes per game and Perez may well have obliged with just such a goal.
jamcocteau schreef: As for his agents statement there is one blatent lie in there - he retired from international football in 2006 so what the hell is he on about his continuing opportunities to play for Denmark. Jeez Perez never ever played a full 90 mins for them when he was picked anyway.

Started for Denmark in the May friendly with Netherland.

ps: Thistle in pink :biggrin.gif:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do aug 07, 2008 8:14 am

jamcocteau schreef:In my personal opinion Perez is not half the player he actually thinks he is.
Indeed. The guy has an ego problem. He's bitching now because he is relegated in Jong Ajax, but he would have done the same after 2 or 3 games spent on the bench or in the stand. He was already philosophing about his number 21 from the start ('it doesn't give much hope, etc.')... He should be glad that Ajax tells him now to find him a new club, where he can have the playing time he thinks he deserve.

Still, it must be hard to be kicked out of 2 clubs in 8 months time. But then, maybe you should wonder why...

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » do aug 07, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm a big fan of Kenneth and I'm absolutely gutted at the way this has panned out. It's clear that VanBasten wants to reinstall youth into the Ajax system and Kenneth at 34 is not going to take Ajax into the next lap.

Still VanBasten had no part in Kenneth's first coming and return to Ajax and he has no loyalty to him. It's unfortunate but I think it's best for Kenneth to move on and play out the last legs of his career instead of rotting in the youth team... .
AJACIED

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr aug 08, 2008 6:33 pm

KENNETH PEREZ PRESS RELEASE
Perez goes to the arbitration committee

The general manager of Ajax, Henri van der Aat, indicated last Wednesday that Ajax does not wish to cooperate in finding a solution. Ajax wants to keep Perez to the contract, on the understanding that Perez must join the ‘promises’ team for the remaining term of the contract and will not play any further professional matches.

Marco van Basten declared yesterday to Dutch broadcasting network NOS that “the second team is also professional football, and Perez can simply go to work”. This is in conflict with the truth, shows little respect for Kenneth Perez and is legally incorrect.

Perez challenges the conduct of Ajax and wishes to carry out his profession at the level appropriate for him: in the first team of Ajax.

Consequently, Perez will request that the arbitration committee order Ajax to immediately allow him to resume his training sessions with the first team.

Perez is assisted by the attorneys Frank ter Huurne and Mark Keuss of the Amsterdam law firm Lexence.

Until the oral hearing of the case, no further comments will be given.

http://www.firstartist.dk/Default.aspx? ... NewsID=458
I wonder who is able to decide which level is appropriate for a player, except the coach... I'm curious to know what the arbitration commiytee will say.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 08, 2008 6:50 pm

will be difficult keeping Perez and Luque just training with the reserves.

Perez should just accept his Ajax career is over and find another club asap.

If these 2 are still here come 1 September then Ajax have to buy out their contracts, yes it will cost 3or4 m euros but you cannot keep players like this in the reserves.

I am still behind MVB , the sooner he gets rid of all the dross the better.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr aug 08, 2008 7:03 pm

If these 2 are still here come 1 September then Ajax have to buy out their contracts, yes it will cost 3or4 m euros but you cannot keep players like this in the reserves.
It would have been much easier to keep them training with the first squad and quietly try to flog them to another club.

The current situation has only pissed people off, made other clubs not want to buy the players for any amount of money so, as you say, we'll end up having to buy out the contracts, which is a monumental waste of money.

It's shit man management on all levels from Ajax as usual. I'm an Ajax fan, but if I was a professional footballer I'd think twice before moving to Ajax, to be honest.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr aug 08, 2008 7:06 pm

It's clear that VanBasten wants to reinstall youth into the Ajax system and Kenneth at 34 is not going to take Ajax into the next lap.
Every coach since Morten Olsen was sacked has tried to get rid of loads of players and rely solely on the youth system, based on media-induced delusions of grandeur. You'd think we'd have learned by now.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr aug 08, 2008 7:43 pm

I don't think that when you spend more than 30 millions on buying players, you "rely solely on the youth system". And do you really think that a club would have paid a single € for one of those players ?

And... Perez thought twice before joining Ajax... :wink1.gif:

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr aug 08, 2008 7:57 pm

And do you really think that a club would have paid a single € for one of those players ?
He could have been gotten rid of quietly, with the new club taking over the paying of his salary.

Instead the thing has turned into a circus as usual, and Ajax will end up having to pay off his salary to make him go away.

dws

Bericht door dws » vr aug 08, 2008 10:38 pm

bryan schreef:
It would have been much easier to keep them training with the first squad and quietly try to flog them to another club.

The current situation has only pissed people off, made other clubs not want to buy the players for any amount of money so, as you say, we'll end up having to buy out the contracts, which is a monumental waste of money.

It's shit man management on all levels from Ajax as usual. I'm an Ajax fan, but if I was a professional footballer I'd think twice before moving to Ajax, to be honest.
Bryan, I agree on all three points.

It seems Van Basten's penchant for obduracy is set to continue. I wonder who will be next to fall foul of 'Don Marco'?:huh.gif: :ikbenik.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 09, 2008 10:57 am

I too would agrre on those 3 points. Surely Perz and Luque should have been left in the first team and treated like Leonardo Rommedahl Kennedy
so they could have quietly got another club.

If I were aclub looking at Perez I would now hold fire knowing Ajax will pay him off.

Bad management again. 2 years ago we lost 6/7 players on Bosmans but here we are 2 years later and still being poorly managed on transfers.

On the subject of using kids we have not won the title for 4 years and have in that time wasted a lot of money on moderate players.I do not see anything wrong in Marco now deciding to give youths a chance and he is obviously going to rebuild the team. I was going to say kids do not cost anything but of course Sulejmani and Aissati have.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Four years without a title is what leaps out at me.

I simply don't see current crop of kids changing things. Much better to keep several veterans, I would've included Kenneth Perez before Ringling Bros. Circus blew into Amsterdam again ( I mean, an arbitration committee? W-T-F ?) and blooded the kids slowly.

Ajax always have a spate of injuries and card accumulations during the Eredivisie campaign. Depth of squad is necessity , not luxury. And, I pray, we see more than one or two off in the Beker and UEFA campaigns. Players like Perez and/or Leo and/or Rommedahl and/or Ogararu = veteran depth. Public floggings are not the way to go. Not sure Javier Martina, Mitchell Donald, Vernun Anita are my choices to help close out a match or my choices of who to call when we need a goal. I left out Siem de Jong because he seemed to do pretty well last season. Not bad players, in time perhaps gems , but greener than ArenA grass. I sincerely hope that Ajax will have a number of matches where, leading by several goals, the aforementioned can earn their stripes .

Message to Marco: The kids are alright, but retain some veteran depth !
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten