Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

mistaking a mistake, isn't that doing the right thing?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jan 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Jeroen427 schreef:mistaking a mistake, isn't that doing the right thing?
Smart-ass... Corrected!

So: Verbeek sacked. His assistant Wim Jansen has resigned and technical director Peter Bosz has also resigned. Coach-assistant Leon Vlemmings (who the f*ck?) to do the honours against Heerenveen on Friday.

What a mess over there...

Brilliant.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jan 14, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm with you on this Menno. Sure the guy needs a haircut, but I think he's not a bad coach. Feyenoord are becoming the new Ajax for replacing coaches...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm

DanK schreef:I'm with you on this Menno. Sure the guy needs a haircut, but I think he's not a bad coach. Feyenoord are becoming the new Ajax for replacing coaches...
Haha..

Well he't not a bad coach, but although I think the players are shite, Verbeek made a few erros himself.

He is a real sturdy (is that the correct word) guy. And if you are that kind of character you have to perform or else..... Van Gaal is also that kind of trainer, but at least he became world champion. Same as Mourinho. But Verbeek thought he knew it all, but he doesn't.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do jan 15, 2009 2:46 am

F-word has dumped their coach! REL-E-GATION! REL-E-GATION! REL-E-GATION! I only wish!

One of the guys who shares season tickets beside our season tickets for Toronto FC supports F-word. I can't wait to rub this season in come April!

Here is what the F-word supporters are saying about it:

Verbeek's supporters have blamed the club's poor form on the absence of several players due to injury. Jon Dahl Tomasson, Kevin Hofland, Ron Vlaar, Tim Vincken, Danny Buijs, Denny Landzaat and Jonathan de Guzman have all been out of action with injuries while Tim de Cler only returned to training Wednesday.

Excuses, Excuses...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jan 15, 2009 8:39 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:F-word has dumped their coach! REL-E-GATION! REL-E-GATION! REL-E-GATION! I only wish!

One of the guys who shares season tickets beside our season tickets for Toronto FC supports F-word. I can't wait to rub this season in come April!

Here is what the F-word supporters are saying about it:

Verbeek's supporters have blamed the club's poor form on the absence of several players due to injury. Jon Dahl Tomasson, Kevin Hofland, Ron Vlaar, Tim Vincken, Danny Buijs, Denny Landzaat and Jonathan de Guzman have all been out of action with injuries while Tim de Cler only returned to training Wednesday.

Excuses, Excuses...
Actually I think that is a pretty decent excuse...

As I have said before Feyenoord relegated would be bad for Dutch football (as funny as it would be to us though). No classic??? I mean there is min of 4, probably 6 points a season.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 15, 2009 9:45 am

DanK schreef:Actually I think that is a pretty decent excuse...
Yes, I would say so, too... Although his critics claim that those injuries were down to the fact that drilled 'em too hard. He was too tough, according to some.

I can not judge that, obviously.

I firmly believe they axed a pretty decent head-coach here, and I expect them to appoint a successor who will (after the initial 'shock effect' and promising wins) prove to be a better man for the club than Verbeek.

The likely options are:

Willem van Hanegem
Recently sacked by FC Utrecht. A club legend and one of the last head-coaches to give Feyenoord one of their ultra-rare Dutch championships. The fans love him; he is their Johan Cruijff (kind of). But I don't rate the man at all. I think he's plain dumb, extremely stubborn and impossible to work with. Therefore, I would love it if they go for him.

Ronald Koeman
Currently unemployed after the Valencia disaster. Major Dutch club in distress? Here comes 'The Vulture'. At Ajax and PSV it looked like he did good work in his first season, but that was only because he had quality players. He knows how to get a result with a good side, but he's not a 'builder'. In his second seasons at Ajax and PSV the first cracks appeared and by the time he fucked off through the back door, the clubs (and the first teams) looked like Dresden in 1945. At Feyenoord he won't even have the material to look good in his first season. I expect the disaster to start immediately. Therefore, I would love it if Feyenoord sign him up.

Leo Beenhakker
Reportedly unhappy in Poland and he loves the club. But I can't see it happen. LEo is getting old, he wants to call it a day and he was Feyenoord's crisis manager in a very similar situation once before - and it wasn't a success. I don't think he'll be available again. But what if they land him as a 'troubleshooter'? The upside: it would be a short term solution (and an expensive one) and it won't improve anything in the long run. Going for Beenhakker would kind of prove that they're in panic. The downside: Leo Beenhakker ís a good 'crisis manager' and he' knows how to get a dead horse back on its feet (Beenhakker's 'instant effect' is normally quite good).

Mario Been
Feyenoord's 'Boy Wonder' of yesteryear. The fans adore him and he will coach Feyenoord one day, no doubt about it. He's very succesful at NEC and seems ready for a move to a big club. He seems to Feyenoord's man of preference. But: will he accept the job now? He's having a fine season with NEC, they're still in the UEFA Cup (two matches against Hamburg coming up) and he just extended his deal. If he's smart, he'll tell Feyenoord: get Van Hanegem to finish the season - and I'll accept the job in the summer. I don't expect him to make the move immediately. It would also be a gamble: Been never worked at a major club before and he is a bit of a hype (just like Verbeek was, when he left Heerenveen).

Co Adriaanse
I hope Feyenoord will not be smart enough to call Co. He could get them back on track and I think he would accept the job if they offer it to him. If they go for Co, I would be worried. However, Feyenoord are in panic, the fans are outraged, they support Verbeek and therefore, I honestly don't think the club will have the courage to appoint a born Amsterdammer and 'ex-Yiddo' at this point. Co also has a reputation for being 'not easy'. I am confident that Feyenoord won't have the guts.

It would surprise me big time if they come up with someone else than one out of these five.

Verbeek's assistant Leon Vlemmings (never heard of the good man before) will be in charge for the time being, starting with Friday's away game at Heerenveen. They play Heerenveen twice: for the league on Friday (in Heerenveen) and for the cup on Tuesday (at De Kuip). If Heerenveen win the league game - and take the lead at De Kuip on Tuesday, it will kick off big time over there. 100% guaranteed. The fans will trash the whole place if that happens.

Go Heerenveen! :smallgrin.gif:

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jan 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Go Heerenveen! :smallgrin.gif:

K.
:drecul.gif:

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do jan 15, 2009 8:36 pm

AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Heerenveen 1, feyenerd 0.

After four minutes... :drecul.gif:

(Feyenoord's last win in Heerenveen was in 1998, by the way...)

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 16, 2009 9:35 pm

2-1 Heerenveen now...

Makaay equalised (38'), Pranjic made it 2-1 (43').

Half-time now.

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » vr jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm

3-1 :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jan 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Shock effect: failed.

Afbeelding

:onfire.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Very painful: the away end was full, but they did not celebrate Makaay's equalizer. They didn't even cheer.

Tuesday evening (Feyenoord v Heerenveen for the cup, in Rotterdam) will be... interesting...

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo jan 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Watching the PSV - Roda game. PSV gets a completely undeserved penalty when the ball clearly hits Kah's head in the box (our buddy Wegereef is the ref) only for Roda to march down the field and score immediately after the kickoff.

HAHAHA.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma jan 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Leander's column is good on the Feyenoord debacle this week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... arlaeckens

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma jan 19, 2009 10:44 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Leander's column is good on the Feyenoord debacle this week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... arlaeckens
Thanks for posting.

Anyone know how he was "mercilessly made fun of behind his back during Feyenoord's training camp in Turkey over the winter break"? I hadn't heard of that yet.
AFCA

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Good article that. Interesting point about AZ having statistically the best defence in Europe....at least we now have the best goal though (thanks Gabri)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jan 19, 2009 11:20 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Interesting point about AZ having statistically the best defence in Europe....
I found that amazing so I checked some foreign rankings and found that Manchester conceded 10 goals in 21 games or so, whereas AZ conceded 11 in 18. I don't think this is statistically better, but I may be confused with my math... :pulp.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jan 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Rijkaard ruled himself out of the Feyenoord job according to ESPN. Not sure if he was in the running or if he even wanted it. Probably waiting for a bigger club after his time off (Milan, Man City).

Dutch cup again today, Heerenveen-Feyenoord. Go Heerenveen again! :hupajax.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jan 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Shows Frank Rijkaard has not lost his mind. F-word would be a demotion after winning honors with the Blaugrana.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jan 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef: but I may be confused with my math... :pulp.gif:
Well your Maths can't be any worse than mine and I think you're right. Looks like Leander Schaerlaeckens is worse at adding up than both of us :smallgrin.gif: , especially seeing as neither team conceded a goal at the weekend - he can't even say the stat was from last week......
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jan 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Heerenveen 2 - Fword 0

With about 15 minutes left.

Glad we haven't had a season that bad in awhile.
AFCA

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jan 20, 2009 10:36 pm

3-0 at full time :drecul.gif: , with what looks to be a steady stream of people leaving de Kuip over the last 10 minutes.
AFCA

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jan 21, 2009 10:02 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:3-0 at full time :drecul.gif: , with what looks to be a steady stream of people leaving de Kuip over the last 10 minutes.
0 - 3, to be precise ...... :drecul.gif: :smallgrin.gif: :biggrin.gif: :1evil.gif:

Afbeelding[/i]
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op ma jan 26, 2009 3:56 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie