Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm

If this is true (and it will be, officially, come Monday morning) I'm taking a year off as an Ajax supporter.

I kid you not.

I will keep my season ticket (cos I don't want to lose my spot in the F-Side), but it will remain unused for a season at least. I will visit De Toekomst for my fix of footie instead: Young Ajax, the A1, just for fun, no expectations, just low-key Ajax football.

I am so fed up with this shit. If we f*ck up against PAOK Saloniki we crash out of Europe. Not just out of the Champions League, but out of Europe. We absolutely have to qualify for the CL and win the Dutch title. But what do Ajax do...? They allow their boss (who was supposed to be the man for the long term!) to walk out of the door, just like that, and push his assistant forward instead.

That's not exactly 'aiming for the top', is it?

If Jol's departure is confirmed on Monday: no Ajax-1 for this dude this season. Fuck it. I'm taking a sabbatical year.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 17, 2010 10:24 pm

SPL schreef:A bid silence from Jol suggests come Monday he will be gone . Fulham and Newcastle want him but both have big debts not much money to spend wont finish higher than mid table and wont see Europe very often other than when he pops home to the Hague for a weekend.

Ajax should ask for the remainder of his contract to be paid up.

He is fed up that Pantelic and Rommedahl have gone and Steks Greg and Suarez are likely to be sold and Urby also will be got rid of. And so far he has no money to buy anyone. Suk and Sulejmani are his only forwards and Sulejmani is injured with CL stating in less than 2weeks .

So it looks like Danny Blind could take over with Frank de Boer assisting and I am sure he will get Bergkamp to assist . Looks like we are back to square one.
Fulham were in relegation trouble just three years ago as I recall. Sure they had a good run last year but where did it get them. They didn't qualify for Europe in the EPL and needed to win the Cup to stay and Europe which they didn't. West Brom and Newcastle are much better than any of the three teams that were promoted last year and how West Ham comes up with any money to buy players (which they are doing) is beyond me. Jol is doing to us just what he did to Hamburg last season. Leaving for "greener" pastures (so in that regard I'm not surprised as what he is doing right now, only angry that he didn't make it clear much earlier. Remember he was the one who instituted the policy of no multi-year extensions for players over 30. That's the reason Pantelic is gone (and where will he be playing this season? Right now nowhere). Rommedahl was going to sign and gets two years in Greece. Who can blame him for that?

I'm sure Ajax will ask for the full amount of money from Fulham. This could end up costing Fulham about €5 M that includes both Jol's new and Ajax-owed salary, hardly a positive for the club.

Are we in a tough spot right now? Perhaps, but I don't see any deals on the table for Steks, Suarez or Urby. Ajax can hold out for the full €20 M for van der Wiel. Van den Boog is doing a good job (remember Jaake and the Coronel report?) in terms of putting the club on solid footing. We can't go to the nearest bank and ask for a €155 M loan to pay players in the way Barcelona can. Nor can we cook books like Madrid and get every Galactico on the planet. We still have some darn good footballers and until the whole team is lost on transfer I will still be there each week watching. (rant over).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » za jul 17, 2010 10:38 pm

The Daily Mirror and The Daily Mail (amongst many others) are saying it's a done deal and Jol will leave with Fulham's pre-season tour of Sweden next Monday. He was indeed in London yesterday to negotiate a deal.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:The Daily Mirror and The Daily Mail (amongst many others) are saying it's a done deal and Jol will leave with Fulham's pre-season tour of Sweden next Monday. He was indeed in London yesterday to negotiate a deal.
In the long run he will regret this decision (maybe even the short run if Fulham are in a relegation battle). Too bad as he could have had a good run in Amsterdam. [added in edit] So his new club finished 12th last season on 46 points. They certainly don't have the quality of the top eight teams (Liverpool and Everton were 7th and 8th!). So maybe they can hold their position or even move up a place, we'll see. I rather suspect that a couple of the teams below them have improved their squads sot it's more likely that they will drop a place or two. Will this be as fun as managing Ajax? I think not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » zo jul 18, 2010 9:53 am

I'm not sure that fun is the point. Jol has always said that he prefers life in England, and that he would return to the Prem when he got the chance - which is why he kept his house in Chingford. I'm still confused about Jol's Newcastle quote though, I wonder if Jol is not using these Fulham stories to force Newcastle's hand?

The Mail on Sunday are saying that Fulham will now sign Zlatan, because Jol and Zlatan have the same agent! Which seems like far-fetched logic to me.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jul 18, 2010 10:51 am

Not again!!! All from the begining..... I just cant stand this constant rebooting since 2003. Cant we just keep a basic team for more than 2 years. We could do wonders. I am very dissapointed
May the Force be with you

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo jul 18, 2010 2:36 pm

SPL schreef:...Looks like we are back to square one.
For how many times, now. It's the mentality of the stinking board -- they don't give a crap about the Ajax legacy, or that what was once a proud and powerful team is now turning into a third-rate has been. All they see in Ajax is a player brokerage firm -- bring up players from the academy and sell them off as soon as they reach their top dollar potential -- don't spend a dime on keeping our best players and don't spend a dime to bring in top players from outside because that just negatively affects the bottom line.

You have to think that Jol must have been totally disgusted with the attitude he was getting from the front office if he left to join a team like Fulham.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm

rjf1 schreef:
SPL schreef:...Looks like we are back to square one.
For how many times, now. It's the mentality of the stinking board -- they don't give a crap about the Ajax legacy, or that what was once a proud and powerful team is now turning into a third-rate has been. All they see in Ajax is a player brokerage firm -- bring up players from the academy and sell them off as soon as they reach their top dollar potential -- don't spend a dime on keeping our best players and don't spend a dime to bring in top players from outside because that just negatively affects the bottom line.

You have to think that Jol must have been totally disgusted with the attitude he was getting from the front office if he left to join a team like Fulham.
I guess I disagree here. You need to go back and read the Coronel report that was done in the last year of Jaake's reign. It was highly critical of the status quo and urged a number of changes. Van den Boog is trying to do the right thing but remember we had some really crappy transfers and contracts issued over the past five years that are still burdening the club (Jol is not immune on this one as he brought in Atouba and who knows when he will be fit to play again). As I noted earlier, this is not a club that can run off to the bank for emergency loans. I think three clubs went bankrupt in the country last year and God only knows how Feyenoord stay afloat. If you have a better way to keep our good players and balance the books let us all know. I've looked at the recent Ajax financials and while the club is not in dire straits, they do need to be cautious with funds until the reach equilibrium.

We are going to continue to see clubs in other countries experience difficulties. Valencia had to sell Villa and Silva because of finances. Mallorca is for all intents bankrupt but I've not seen anything regarding whether they will be able to continue this season. Other than the two Milan teams and Juventus, how many Italian teams can keep their top players. It's an ugly situation out there.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » zo jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Bah Fuck this, i cant think of anything more mature to say at this point
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jul 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Danny Blind, Frank de Boer, none of these are proven managers. Well, Danny Blind has proven himself to be less than good.

Ajax need to be more crafty in getting managers in. When Ten Cate left, Roy Hodgson was coaching the Finnish national team. We could have gotten Hodgson then. But instead the board decided to let Koster manage the team for 8 months (!) while we waited around for Marco van Basten, who was completely unproven. Hodgson ended up going to Fulham two months into Koster's reign. We could have gotten Hodgson as soon as Ten Cate left... He would have wanted to come (he eventually left the Finnish job to go to Fulham, after all) and his salary was affordable, as I'm sure the Finnish national coach doesn't make very much at all. Look at how good he turned out for Fulham. So there are always well qualified managers out there, you just have to dig around. Ajax are too lazy.

A club like Ajax should always be prepared for a manager leaving and have number of names on a list ready, just in case. Who knows what kinds of managers are out there that we could appoint. But no, instead it's Danny Blind, Frank de Boer... jobs for the boys in other words. Same old bullshit.

Surstad

Bericht door Surstad » zo jul 18, 2010 4:30 pm

I guess I disagree here. You need to go back and read the Coronel report that was done in the last year of Jaake's reign. It was highly critical of the status quo and urged a number of changes. Van den Boog is trying to do the right thing but remember we had some really crappy transfers and contracts issued over the past five years that are still burdening the club (Jol is not immune on this one as he brought in Atouba and who knows when he will be fit to play again). As I noted earlier, this is not a club that can run off to the bank for emergency loans. I think three clubs went bankrupt in the country last year and God only knows how Feyenoord stay afloat. If you have a better way to keep our good players and balance the books let us all know. I've looked at the recent Ajax financials and while the club is not in dire straits, they do need to be cautious with funds until the reach equilibrium.

We are going to continue to see clubs in other countries experience difficulties. Valencia had to sell Villa and Silva because of finances. Mallorca is for all intents bankrupt but I've not seen anything regarding whether they will be able to continue this season. Other than the two Milan teams and Juventus, how many Italian teams can keep their top players. It's an ugly situation out there.
....but the problem is that we seem to be still continuing with these crappy transfers, like Ronnie Stam. Has anyone in the Ajax board actually read the Coronel report? :mods.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 18, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm so numb to the stupidity of the powers that be at Ajax and the constant reboots, very good word for the Ajax experience since 2004, as opposed to the footballing ideal of a club capable of the beautiful football that attracted me in the first place, that I'd rather live in my fantasy of flowing football than the reality of an administration doing its best to star in a remake of "Clueless" .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

acab

Bericht door acab » zo jul 18, 2010 5:12 pm

If Jol leaves, he will be "thne ultimate idiot". Dig deal, my favorit Co Adriaanse is free (coaching Quatar olympic team or so :confused.gif:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo jul 18, 2010 6:15 pm

well jol is on bench tonight at porto game so obviously nothing agreed right now between ajax and fulham
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » zo jul 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't get why he wants to go to Fulham? OK, they had a good run in Europa but they will never have a shot at Champions League Football. Maybe money and/or London lifestyle and/or he was having trouble with the Front Office at Ajax? I just don't get this one. Who are we going to get? :confused.gif:

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma jul 19, 2010 1:09 am

acab schreef:If Jol leaves, he will be "thne ultimate idiot". Dig deal, my favorit Co Adriaanse is free (coaching Quatar olympic team or so :confused.gif:
After the way we treated him last time, I would be surprised if he came back.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma jul 19, 2010 11:11 am

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Is it a done deal yet? Ajax seem to want him to stay!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherl ... -to-fulham

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 19, 2010 1:01 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Is it a done deal yet? Ajax seem to want him to stay!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherl ... -to-fulham

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
was just coming here to post this! come on Ajax!!! :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 19, 2010 2:31 pm

One more season here and if we were to win the title then a lot bigger clubs than Fulham would come knocking .He must be desperate to move if he wants to go to Fulham.

I am still not sure who has any money to buy Suarez. Daily Mail suggests Man U wont or haven't the money for a big buy. If he stays what a bonus for us .Even Van Gaal is not sure Greg will go to Munich.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 19, 2010 3:10 pm

SPL schreef:One more season here and if we were to win the title then a lot bigger clubs than Fulham would come knocking .He must be desperate to move if he wants to go to Fulham.

I am still not sure who has any money to buy Suarez. Daily Mail suggests Man U wont or haven't the money for a big buy. If he stays what a bonus for us .Even Van Gaal is not sure Greg will go to Munich.
Nobody has the money to buy Suarez outside of five clubs and they seem to be set right now at forward so he may stay. I have not seen any rumors at all about Stekelenberg but you know that Wenger doesn't like his current set of keepers so it could be that Steks heads out to Arsenal. I think we are also asking €20 M for van der Wiel and it may be that Bayern don't want to pay that much. It will be interesting to see who Jol or Blind or whomever starts in the CL qualifying match, particularly since it doesn't affect their eligibility for CL football with the new club.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma jul 19, 2010 3:47 pm

According various sources, Jol is talking with the Ajax board. Jol is demanding a striker (El-Hamdaoui from AZ (ex-Spurs) is named) and another 10 milion to make other transfers.

Where is the money coming from, you ask? Well... Van der Wiel is on his way to Bayern and there is a fair chance that Suarez also will move (hence the interest in El-Ham).

If Ajax agrees on that, he will stay.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:According various sources, Jol is talking with the Ajax board. Jol is demanding a striker (El-Hamdaoui from AZ (ex-Spurs) is named) and another 10 milion to make other transfers.

Where is the money coming from, you ask? Well... Van der Wiel is on his way to Bayern and there is a fair chance that Suarez also will move (hence the interest in El-Ham).

If Ajax agrees on that, he will stay.
Don't know about van der Wiel any more. van Gaal is quoted today as saying the transfer will not take place and Lahm is his right back this season. Of course that and €5 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » ma jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I really don't know what to make of all this.

Am I angry with Jol? Maybe. Or should I direct my anger towards the Ajax board? Definatly.

Angry with Jol, because all along since the day he took over, I have believed he is using Ajax as a stepping stone, waiting for the first Premiership club to come along and he would be off.

As for the board - It has all been said on here. They don't care about Ajax, just there own bank balance.

Really hope Jol stays, as I rate him highly. But regardless of the outcome of this, it's worrying times ahead at the top.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Mr_Holte schreef: As for the board - It has all been said on here. They don't care about Ajax, just there own bank balance.
I don't understand how anyone can be angry with Van den Boog and the current Board. they are implementing the Coronel report findings the best they can. Remember the Jaake master plan? We would win the Eredivisie 2 of every 3 years and progress to the final 8 in the CL on a regular basis (there was some year even affixed to this but I forget what it was). This is shear lunacy. We are no longer back in the good old pre-Bosman days and the everyone needs to understand this. Until there is some UEFA wide reform of financing clubs (very unlikely as it would be anti-competitive from the players' perspective) we are stuck having to generate revenue from the sales of players.

The only thing that we supporters can do is purchase lots of Ajax merchandise. That is the reality (but even then doesn't add a whole lot to the bottom line compared to Barca, Madrid, ManU, etc who sell lots of stuff world wide).

Surstad

Bericht door Surstad » ma jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm

I don't understand how anyone can be angry with Van den Boog and the current Board. they are implementing the Coronel report findings the best they can. Remember the Jaake master plan? We would win the Eredivisie 2 of every 3 years and progress to the final 8 in the CL on a regular basis (there was some year even affixed to this but I forget what it was). This is shear lunacy. We are no longer back in the good old pre-Bosman days and the everyone needs to understand this. Until there is some UEFA wide reform of financing clubs (very unlikely as it would be anti-competitive from the players' perspective) we are stuck having to generate revenue from the sales of players.
I cannot see how we are implementing the Coronel findings when we are always chasing players from the other Eredivisie clubs. How can it be that clubs like Heerenveen and Twente manages to find the right players even though they are more limited in resources. According to the Coronel report, most of the players should come from our youth ranks and Ajax should only buy players who are either young and talented, or of such quality that they can lift the team to the next level.

Plaats reactie