Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

martinkohout

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door martinkohout » di mei 26, 2009 10:36 pm

For what it's worth, some kind words for Jol (whom they apparently refer to as "BMJ" - Big Martin Jol) from Chris, the fellow who writes the Hamburg SV blog on the Offside.com website:

"I love Ajax too–I’ve spent a LOT of time on business in the Amsterdam area (Koog Zaandijk). Jol was a great skipper for HSV–he got them farther than they had been in 3 competitions and they played exciting, 'pretty' football."

Sounds good to me! :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di mei 26, 2009 11:09 pm

When we was Spurs manager we played the best football we've ever played since I've been a Spurs fan, at least for a few years until our old sporting director bought loads of players Jol didnt want. We played with passion and drive and played attractivly too. In response to the idea he looks like he would knock someone out. He is aggressive and that is good, like i mentioned earlier, he launched a tirade of what must be said to be excellent swearing at Spurs players after an abysmal defeat early into his tenure.

Im really excited about what this proven manager can do for Ajax. I don't wanna jinx it but I think with a couple of players and Jol's guidance we could get the league back to Amsterdam next year and get that 30th league and Third bloody Star on our shirts! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » wo mei 27, 2009 12:09 am

Ajaxfanuk schreef:When we was Spurs manager we played the best football we've ever played since I've been a Spurs fan, at least for a few years until our old sporting director bought loads of players Jol didnt want. We played with passion and drive and played attractivly too. In response to the idea he looks like he would knock someone out. He is aggressive and that is good, like i mentioned earlier, he launched a tirade of what must be said to be excellent swearing at Spurs players after an abysmal defeat early into his tenure.

Im really excited about what this proven manager can do for Ajax. I don't wanna jinx it but I think with a couple of players and Jol's guidance we could get the league back to Amsterdam next year and get that 30th league and Third bloody Star on our shirts! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
As somebody living in England and who follows the English game, I can echo these sentiments. Under Jol, Spurs played fast attacking football, and the fans had plenty of excitement. What please's me about Jol coming to Ajax is that he will get rid of the deadwood and bring back the passion.
I honestly didn't think he would be interested, so this is great news.
AZ will not be the same under Koeman IMO, so I certainly think a championship is likely now for next season.

In the English media they are suggesting Jol is using Ajax as a stepping stone for the Holland National team job. We will have to wait and see on that one.

:ajaxscarf.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo mei 27, 2009 3:33 am

Jesus, a guy can't go away for a long music fest weekend without another twist in the coaching tail . Definitely satisfied. Happy even. I was hoping for Co also, but Martin Jol is definitely a better choice than retreads of the Danny Blind or Ronald Koeman ilk and going back to the future with Morten Olsen.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 28, 2009 7:11 am

I'm glad Jol was appointed. I was actually hoping he'd manage the team after TCate.

Best of luck next season!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Ajax TV just published a little video in English!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHuAkx5g2jo

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do mei 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Well he is 100% right about one thing at least - It will be a challenge :headbang.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mei 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax TV just published a little video in English!

K.
Nice, and great that it's in English too, not just from the point of view that I can understand it, but also that we can hopefully get a bit of exposure in the non-Dutch speaking press.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » do mei 28, 2009 3:10 pm

I like his style: confident, but no BS. And I'd hate to get on his bad side - he looks like he can be a hard man when he needs to. (And that's a GOOD thing.)

I'm feeling pretty hopeful again!

:blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax TV just published a little video in English!

K.
Anyone else think it was funny that he turned the wrong way when entering the parking lot?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 28, 2009 3:46 pm

aveslacker schreef:Anyone else think it was funny that he turned the wrong way when entering the parking lot?
Yeah. Why does that always happen at Ajax? We contract the best people, but the minute they drive onto the premises they lose every sense of direction... :biggrin.gif:

K.
Still alive...

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » do mei 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Anyone else think it was funny that he turned the wrong way when entering the parking lot?
Yeah. Why does that always happen at Ajax? We contract the best people, but the minute they drive onto the premises they lose every sense of direction... :biggrin.gif:

K.
... wasn't going to mention that... :smallgrin.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mei 28, 2009 4:49 pm

I thought he got cold feet and was looking for the nearest exit . :biggrin.gif: Seriously, As long as he remembers that the only table direction is up , Ajax can hire him a driver.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » do mei 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I know its probably been said before but from what i gather from those English Ajax.tv vids it seems to me that Rick Van Den Boog is a real geezer! Straight talking, no nonsense, i think him and Jol will work well together!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Ajaxfanuk schreef:I know its probably been said before but from what i gather from those English Ajax.tv vids it seems to me that Rick Van Den Boog is a real geezer! Straight talking, no nonsense, i think him and Jol will work well together!
Yes.

I didn't know him and I had some doubts after a few initial remarks. The first thing he said was: "We have the best coach we could possibly think of."

He was talking about Van Basten and I thought: oh no, I you can't seriously mean that...

Right now, I'm pretty sure he actually didn't mean it. I'm starting to like him a lot. Smart guy. No bullshit. Clear vision. Not afraid to say 'no' to the infamous 'fifth column' (Johan Cruijff and others). He really convinced me in a couple of long interviews. And I think he did really good work in landing Martin Jol.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ajaxfanuk schreef:I know its probably been said before but from what i gather from those English Ajax.tv vids it seems to me that Rick Van Den Boog is a real geezer! Straight talking, no nonsense, i think him and Jol will work well together!
Yes.

I didn't know him and I had some doubts after a few initial remarks. The first thing he said was: "We have the best coach we could possibly think of."

He was talking about Van Basten and I thought: oh no, I you can't seriously mean that...

Right now, I'm pretty sure he actually didn't mean it. I'm starting to like him a lot. Smart guy. No bullshit. Clear vision. Not afraid to say 'no' to the infamous 'fifth column' (Johan Cruijff and others). He really convinced me in a couple of long interviews. And I think he did really good work in landing Martin Jol.

K.
The more I think about it, the more I am pleased with this part of the club's fortunes. When was the last time we had an established coach at the helm? I am glad we didn't end up signing another project.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » vr mei 29, 2009 12:06 am

I knew almost nothing of Jol, but I do like the vibe from that video. Sort of a cross between Bill Belichik (NFL Patriots) and Phil Jackson (NBA Lakers). Looks like we may have a real coach here. The first since van Gaal.

"Ajax is Ajax." - MJ

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr mei 29, 2009 2:52 am

Monkey Tonk schreef:I knew almost nothing of Jol, but I do like the vibe from that video. Sort of a cross between Bill Belichik (NFL Patriots) and Phil Jackson (NBA Lakers). Looks like we may have a real coach here. The first since van Gaal.

"Ajax is Ajax." - MJ
I think that's a decent comparison, if only he turns out he can emulate their success.

I'm excited, I just hope the board and the fans for awhile, will let him do what he thinks he needs to. We'll see where we stand pretty quickly.

:ajaxscarf.gif:
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 29, 2009 10:02 am

Another vid in English...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDISbXZ9rsY

I really like the fact that Ajax are now posting interviews in English on YouTube. Let's hope they'll keep it up. Leave positive feedback!

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » vr mei 29, 2009 10:58 am

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Let's hope the guy is going to kick some ass and get some of the lazy buggers earning their money! It'll be nice to come over and look forward to the matches...not just the flight home!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 29, 2009 1:41 pm

I liked van den Boog's statement that they are going to try to keep the club together over the next couple of months. It would be great to have Suarez for another year!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

jamie

Bericht door jamie » vr mei 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Well if Suarez was to leave, who will score our goals?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 29, 2009 3:51 pm

jamie schreef:Well if Suarez was to leave, who will score our goals?
We'll switch to playing catenaccio! :smallgrin.gif: That way we don't have to worry about scoring more than once per match.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr mei 29, 2009 4:51 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:I just hope the board and the fans for awhile, will let him do what he thinks he needs to.
Amen! To me, he really does inspire confidence, which is a nice change. In retrospect, there always seemed to be a hint of uncertainty in MvB's eyes - don't get that sense with Jol. (And I was one of those who argued for giving MvB more time! :hypocrite.gif: )

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » vr mei 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Jol, as player. Some thirty years ago.

Afbeelding

Plaats reactie