News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do jul 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Van basten schreef:
philippe schreef:official : Ryan is gone, for about 18 million euros

Amsterdammers kunnen nieuwe lijst rugnummers opstellen
Ajax verder zonder Babel
Ajax kan binnenkort alweer een nieuwe lijst met rugnummers presenteren. Ryan Babel bereikte een akkoord met Liverpool over een vijfjarige verbintenis en Kenneth Perez trok de deur in Amsterdam definitief achter zich dicht. Voor de pas 20-jarige Babel betaalt Liverpool iets minder dan achttien miljoen euro

good luck Ryan ! :heart.gif:

poor Ajax : rich in millions, poor in players;
f*ck the "nursery of Europe" policy :icon_twisted.gif: ,
we want to win trophies, not to make money by selling our best young players
Shit! Shit! Shit! First Perez.. now Babel.. Shit!!!
Awesome. Just plain awesome.
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm

O but we still have Mitea, Manucharyan...and Leonardo...

um ya..why did we sell those two?? :confused.gif:
Get a Cock

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » do jul 12, 2007 12:33 pm

De Mul en Perez wanted to leave.
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

dws

Bericht door dws » do jul 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Jesse schreef:De Mul en Perez wanted to leave.
Perez left because of ten Twat.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jul 12, 2007 2:07 pm

how would rate our coach and staff ? ten out of Ten :sly.gif: :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 13, 2007 5:23 am

Wasn't too long ago that ten Twat was heralded as a coach who would bring the good times back. Something tells me that we wouldn't have done any poorer had we left Danny Blind in charge for the last 2 seasons. Van Geel has helped keep us profitable but we really need someone to put the team back together after losing Babel, DeMul and Perez. Singings like Kennedy and Delorge hardly breed confidence. We'll probably lose Sneijder and Huntelaar next season's end. Stam and Davids may even retire by then. In 2 years time, we should see Heitinga and Urby go as well after their exploits with Oranje. We're honestly not in the best of shapes unless another bumper harvest comes through... .
AJACIED

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jul 13, 2007 6:47 am

ofey schreef:...We're honestly not in the best of shapes unless another bumper harvest comes through... .
Its OK Ofey, now you're a Melbournite you can come with me and cheer on Melbourne Victory to another stella year, with Asian's champions league to follow next March :hupajax.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 14, 2007 8:21 am

DanK schreef:Its OK Ofey, now you're a Melbournite you can come with me and cheer on Melbourne Victory to another stella year, with Asian's champions league to follow next March :hupajax.gif:
Yeah I forgot about that, does this mean that Melbourne will be playing champions' league games in Australia? That would be interesting to see.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za jul 14, 2007 8:42 am

Chugger schreef:
DanK schreef:Its OK Ofey, now you're a Melbournite you can come with me and cheer on Melbourne Victory to another stella year, with Asian's champions league to follow next March :hupajax.gif:
Yeah I forgot about that, does this mean that Melbourne will be playing champions' league games in Australia? That would be interesting to see.
Sure will be. Can't wait. 55,000 people cheering on the Big V. Should be good.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jul 15, 2007 2:25 pm

DanK schreef: Sure will be. Can't wait. 55,000 people cheering on the Big V. Should be good.
Haha, yep. A mate got all fired up to go the first Melbourne game of the new season today! I had to gently remind him that (a) the game was in Tasmania and (b) the season doesn't start 'till the end of August.

Ever so slightly off topic, sorry. But I am quite sad to see Kenneth go, I liked what little I saw last season.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma jul 16, 2007 3:08 am

DanK schreef:
ofey schreef:...We're honestly not in the best of shapes unless another bumper harvest comes through... .
Its OK Ofey, now you're a Melbournite you can come with me and cheer on Melbourne Victory to another stella year, with Asian's champions league to follow next March :hupajax.gif:
Surely you're having a laugh!! Comparing the Big V to Ajax?? Do they play total football? 4-3-3 or 3-4-3? :drecul.gif:
Still I'd be up for it if you'd be willing to take me to watch the Big V... .

I was keen to go see the Geelong Vs Collingwood game on Sat but the wife wasn't. Wanted to see what the atmosphere is like compared to the EPL when I watch Man Utd or Spurs.

So far Melbourne is the "burbs" like Boxhill, Chadstone and Eastland Malls. Bumping into the wife's many friends while I've felt like a "stranger in a strange land". Maybe its time to shock her that I know people too!!
AJACIED

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma jul 16, 2007 3:12 am

And just to come back on the point, I really liked Perez. I kept thinking it'd be great if Ten Twat could just resolve his bias against Kenneth and put him in with Wesley in the team. Still he's joined the enemy and I don't like to see that... . As Van Gaal once said : Kenneth is an Ajacied.

He should be here with us and not in Eindhoven.
AJACIED

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Welcome back, Kenneth!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Less than six months after this topic was locked, I have unlocked it again. Kenneth Perez has returned to Ajax. He has penned an 18-month deal (until the summer of 2009).

He had 14 league appearances for PSV and scored 8 goals. The press was absolutely raving about him in the first months of the season. He's been great for PSV, so... why did they let him go?

I don't know the exact story, but it looks like PSV have done him a favour. Perez has been very honest in a few interviews this season: he repeatedly admitted that he would have preferred to stay with Ajax. He even admitted that he still had more feelings for Ajax than he could ever have for PSV. This didn't go down too well in Eindhoven.

Perez was a very happy man at Ajax, except that there was absolutely no chemistry between him and Henk ten Cate. He's over 30 and wants to play. It didn't look like there was a future for him under Henk ten Cate, so he wanted to leave. Ajax decided to let him go: the club didn't want to destroy the last years of his career. This must have been very painful for Martin van Geel, the man who landed Perez and didn't want to lose him.

It was no surprise that Van Geel wanted Perez back, and it is no surprise that Perez wanted to return, but it is kind of surprising that PSV were willing to co-operate. Their decision appears to be a case of reasonable, 'human' thinking: Kenneth Perez deserves the chance to spend the last few years of his career at the club he chose in the first place.

I'm very pleased with this, that's for sure, although this does raise questions about the position of technical director within the club structure. Apparently, Ajax really sold Kenneth Perez only because HTC wanted it. That's a bit strange, if you ask me.

K.
Still alive...

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » di jan 01, 2008 6:44 pm

I think this transfer has something to do with the agreement that PSV made with Aissati. Perez was standing in the way of Aissati, and with the transfer of Perez, the future of Aissati in Eindhoven got much brighter.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jan 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Man this is going to make our ¨next meeting so much more interesting... :hupajax.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » wo jan 02, 2008 5:17 am

I'm couldn't be happier!
Besides Sneijder, Perez had been my favourite player in the last 2 seasons. We've struggled without him and his return paves the way for a return to the "Ajax way" I hope. He could play as a number 10 in the vein of Litmanen. Someone, we've missed for a couple of seasons. Couple that with our current forward line Suarez, Hunterlaar and Rommendahl/Luque, we may well have the most potent attack in the Eridivisie now.

Without TenTwat, I hope he'll shine and be the bright spark we need for the second half of this season.

Wikipedia has listed the following reasons for the transfer
On 31 December 2007 it was announced Perez will make a shock return to Ajax with immediate effect. He signed an one-and-a-half-year deal with an option for another season. This transfer caused much uproar in the Netherlands and was criticized by both sets of fans. PSV fans weren't happy with the fact that Perez, as one of the more influential players, was allowed to return to their arch rivals and thus strengthening their squad. Although Perez has the reputation of being a solist and having a difficult character Ajax fans in majority didn't object the return of Perez but saw his return after just 5 months as the ultimate proof of incompetence of the Ajax board which is already under intense pressure to guide the club back to winning ways after years of bad results.

On 1 January 2008 Jan Reker, the director of PSV was forced to give an explanation. He stated that after Ajax failed to lure Ismail Aissati to Amsterdam Perez requested PSV for a transfer back to Amsterdam. Perez cited two reasons. Traveling from his home in Noord-Holland to Eindhoven and back on a daily basis felt as a burden and limited possibilities given by interim coach Jan Wouters after Ronald Koeman left. Moreover Perez has always stated Ajax is his favourite club. Ajax, on the other hand, was still looking for a replacement for star midfield player Wesley Sneijder who was sold to Real Madrid and saw Ten Cate leave for Chelsea last September thus paving the way for Perez to move back to Amsterdam.
AJACIED

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jan 02, 2008 10:08 am

undoing HTC's mess can't be totally wrong :smallgrin.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 02, 2008 1:08 pm

A very strange affair.Did we have to pay any money?? I believe PSV paid about 1.8m euros so we must have to pay something.

To undo HTC's summer mess we need to get rid of most of his signings,
Urzaiz Colin Kennedy Delorge can all go now .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Answering my own question internet sites suggest we had to pay 1.7m euros ie what we received from PSV.(We paid more than that for Stam)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jan 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Perez is said to join Ajax in Dubai.
Appie, stay strong !

ofey
Contacteer:

The class of the man

Bericht door ofey » wo jan 09, 2008 3:29 am

And who scored first for us in Dubai? And what a fabulous shot too!

Perez! He's bloody brilliant... .
AJACIED

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Perez is on his way to be a new leader of Ajax on the pitch. Good to have him back.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di aug 05, 2008 4:34 pm

AGENT HITS OUT AT PEREZ SNUB

Kenneth Perez's agent has expressed his shock at the decision of new Ajax coach Marco van Basten to drop his client from the first-team squad.

Van Basten revealed on Monday that former Denmark attacking midfielder Perez - along with Albert Luque, Jurgen Colin and Laurent Delorge - does not figure in his plans at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Perez's agent Karsten Aabrink claims he and the player are at a loss to understand the decision.

He told AD Sportwereld: "It's madness that you take a player back to Amsterdam six months ago and now handle it like this. Especially when you look at what Kenneth achieved after he returned to Ajax.

"The football world again showed its most ugly face. Incomprehensible."

Perez, who will turn 34 later this month, returned to Ajax in January following a controversial switch to Eredivisie rivals PSV Eindhoven last year.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di aug 05, 2008 5:33 pm

I don't get this whole putting players in the youth squad thing. Even if you want to get rid of them, it decreases their value and pisses people off.

Just leave them train with the first team. Who knows, maybe you might end up needing them or they might improve. In the meantime, you can still try and sell them.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di aug 05, 2008 5:43 pm

I kinda understand your point of view, but on the other hand :
- those players have no value
- it's a clear message to them that they better have to find a new club
- Luque can't tell his bullshit in the Spanish media anymore...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Gesloten