Champions League opponents

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 4:44 pm

bryan schreef:Liverpool are getting knocked out in the first round.

Ha!

Where the fuck is Thun? (Ok, I'll scroll up and read the thread)
In Switzerland, just outside of Interlaken. The area where all of the bad flooding is going on right now! They may not have a pitch to play on if the flooding keeps up!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 25, 2005 4:46 pm

from "the Guardian" :
"Arsenal get a draw so easy [Ajax, Sparta Prague and Thun] surely even they will make it through "
... it is clear that Ajax are underestimated in England, and that can be an advantage
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op do aug 25, 2005 4:46 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do aug 25, 2005 4:46 pm

Apostata schreef:C'mon, guys knock-off the v.Persie jokes. He's not guilty until a trial says so. He's a bloody talented striker for his age (think Holland vs. Finland).
Who said he's guilty ?? Van Persie jokes are as fun as OJ Simpson or even Michael Jackson jokes.... If only it could affect his mental for the game we'll play against Arsenal I would be happy.

But of course we all know how talented he is.
meh :|

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 25, 2005 4:48 pm

Carcajou schreef: But of course we all know how talented he is.
:sonade

:drecul2:
Appie, stay strong !

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do aug 25, 2005 4:49 pm

Shit, now that I think of it I've eaten at a restaurant in Thun. Obviously it wasn't the most memorable meal.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 25, 2005 4:51 pm

ok guys not a bad afternoon after all, see you on Sunday, and hope we will beat feyyrvd 6-0 (remember that's where v persie comes from :inlove2 ); it's a small world
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op do aug 25, 2005 4:53 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 4:52 pm

bryan schreef:Shit, now that I think of it I've eaten at a restaurant in Thun. Obviously it wasn't the most memorable meal.
Let me guess, you ate Fondue and/or Rosti? Not much else there to eat except Cheese, Potatoes, and bread! With a diet like that, we are sure to beat them!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do aug 25, 2005 4:52 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef: In Switzerland, just outside of Interlaken. The area where all of the bad flooding is going on right now! They may not have a pitch to play on if the flooding keeps up!
If I'm correctly informed FC Thun can't play in their own arena anyway, as it only takes some 8000 people. Their Champions League arena in Bern.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

__earth
Contacteer:

Re: I am sick of that overated team!

Bericht door __earth » do aug 25, 2005 4:54 pm

Carcajou schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:
__earth schreef:Man, not Arsenal again.

HAve you guys realized how many times have Ajax played Arsenal in the past recent years?
I hear you but they struggle in the Champions League EVERY year the past few years, even though they seem to have always had a fairly easy group to qualify from, until now.....

Not too worried about them, their most consistent striker is bound for Jail!
AHAHAHAHA I hadn't even thought about it.... Van Persie at the ArenA will be something....
I was a bit slow but damn, that was a good one.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 5:01 pm

I see the following easily making up the group of 16:

Bayern, Juve, Ajax, Arsenal (they always squeak through at the end after 3 crappy games, they never fail!), Barca, Man U, Milan, Real, Lyon, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Inter.

For the other spots:

Porto or Rangers will be another, that group H is tough. So is group D, I think that Villareal will pull it off though, it would look good on Koeman too! For group C, it will be a toss-up between Bremen and Udinese going through. Group E is probably the toughest though. Milan will go on but PSV, Schalke and Fenerbache will scrap it out for 2nd spot. Sorry PSV but HA-HA!

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 5:02 pm

jakobg schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef: In Switzerland, just outside of Interlaken. The area where all of the bad flooding is going on right now! They may not have a pitch to play on if the flooding keeps up!
If I'm correctly informed FC Thun can't play in their own arena anyway, as it only takes some 8000 people. Their Champions League arena in Bern.
I wondered about that. That is worse, Bern is even more flooded!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do aug 25, 2005 5:03 pm

Apostata schreef:C'mon, guys knock-off the v.Persie jokes. He's not guilty until a trial says so. He's a bloody talented striker for his age (think Holland vs. Finland).
BOLLOCKS....he's Fword so all fair in love and football.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » do aug 25, 2005 5:05 pm

I think Group G is one of the most entertaining. We can see two English teams whacking each other up. Too bad ManUre isn't in the same group. Else, imagine, 3 ENGLISH TEAMS WHACKING EACH OTHER UP!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 25, 2005 5:07 pm

I would rather have seen all the serie a teams in the same group. ;)
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 5:10 pm

__earth schreef:I think Group G is one of the most entertaining. We can see two English teams whacking each other up. Too bad ManUre isn't in the same group. Else, imagine, 3 ENGLISH TEAMS WHACKING EACH OTHER UP!
I think that Group E is the toughest, Milan, PSV, Schalke and Fenerbache.

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » do aug 25, 2005 5:13 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
__earth schreef:I think Group G is one of the most entertaining. We can see two English teams whacking each other up. Too bad ManUre isn't in the same group. Else, imagine, 3 ENGLISH TEAMS WHACKING EACH OTHER UP!
I think that Group E is the toughest, Milan, PSV, Schalke and Fenerbache.
All I can say, too bad for PSV. Better them than us.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do aug 25, 2005 5:14 pm

It's not so tough when consider that PSV have lost Van Bommel, Park and now Lee.

They are going to finish bottom.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do aug 25, 2005 5:16 pm

philippe schreef:from "the Guardian" :
"Arsenal get a draw so easy [Ajax, Sparta Prague and Thun] surely even they will make it through "
... it is clear that Ajax are underestimated in England, and that can be an advantage
Well we think the same of Arsenal. With so much money to spend, they always have a short visit in de Champions League.

Sparta Praag is a bit unknown to me, but that is the team that Ajax has to defeat for the second place in the group.

FC Thun, never heard of, but they did defeat Dynamo Kiev! And Dynamo was always present the past years and always have a good team. Wonder what happended during those matches. Or FC Thun was extremely lucky, or they are just very good ;)

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 5:26 pm

bryan schreef:It's not so tough when consider that PSV have lost Van Bommel, Park and now Lee.

They are going to finish bottom.
Now that is the spirit! BTW, do Lee go to Totenham? Is that a done deal?

cdnajaxfan

The schedule:

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 5:32 pm

The schedule:

Wednesday 14 September: Sparta - Ajax
Tuesday 27 September: Ajax - Arsenal
Tuesday 18 October: Ajax - FC Thun
Wednesday 2 November: FC Thun - Ajax
Tuesday 22 November: Ajax - Sparta Prague
Wednesday 7 December: Arsenal - Ajax

Over Pasanens Head

Re: The Group

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do aug 25, 2005 6:01 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef: I think that we could even win our group maybe.
With what team as we seem to have already forgotten the crap that was dished up last night in the first half:-
If it is the the first half team against Brondby - no way.
However, if it is the second half team against Brondby, then we have a really slim chance.

However, second spot is really realistic if the second half team against Brondby turn up for the games against against Sparta and Thun.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

carcajou

Re: I know!

Bericht door carcajou » do aug 25, 2005 6:05 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:But you have to think it looks pretty bad to rape someone in a country where prostitution is legal and very available, especially when you make the kind of cash he does!
Plus it's not like he's ugly or something.... I mean he's not Wayne Rooney, he can get girls
cdnajaxfan schreef: Why do you think that Arsenal just recalled that Aleidere (whatever his name is, the French striker that Ajax were apparently looking at) guy?
Jérémy Alliadière.
meh :|

cdnajaxfan

Re: I know!

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 6:44 pm

Carcajou schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:But you have to think it looks pretty bad to rape someone in a country where prostitution is legal and very available, especially when you make the kind of cash he does!
Plus it's not like he's ugly or something.... I mean he's not Wayne Rooney, he can get girls
cdnajaxfan schreef: Why do you think that Arsenal just recalled that Aleidere (whatever his name is, the French striker that Ajax were apparently looking at) guy?
Jérémy Alliadière.
Well, I was kind of close on the name. Thanks for the correction.

cdnajaxfan

Re: The Group

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef: I think that we could even win our group maybe.
With what team as we seem to have already forgotten the crap that was dished up last night in the first half:-
If it is the the first half team against Brondby - no way.
However, if it is the second half team against Brondby, then we have a really slim chance.

However, second spot is really realistic if the second half team against Brondby turn up for the games against against Sparta and Thun.
I hear you on that. However, remember we were up against a coach who knows the Ajax style quite well.

Arsenal always seem to stumble in Europe, especially in the group stage, even though for the past 2 years they had the easiest group by far. Then they seem to play better once they scrape by the group stage. Thun have played well so far but I think their luck will run out soon. Sparta should be beatable but some good players have come out of there.

All we need to do is keep my boy Wesley Sneijder off the bench!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 25, 2005 6:51 pm

Didn't Jeremy Alliadiere just sign on with West Ham? I was worried about a trip to Turkey. A group including Arsenal, Sparta Prague, and FC Thun definitely shows promise.Respect everybody,overlook nobody, AND forget this "learning Experience " crap.GO FOR IT!

Danny, you know I like you(is my user name a hint?),but grow some cajones.Better to tell your squad that you're going to bust your asses and go for the second round with gusto.

A PSV rematch with Milan and Liverpool-Chelsea duels definitely make this a draw to follow.Thanks to drawing the Gooners, I'lll be able to see Ajax on tv twice.AWESOME!! Looks like it's try to plan a trip time.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten