Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Volendam: 1-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 11, 2006 7:28 am

The Young Ajax vs Young Volendam game, yesterday night at De Toekomst, was - by all accounts - a boring affair. The report on Ajax.nl says so, and my mate SE6Ajacied (one of the Ajax USA trip attendees who were there) confirmed this.

Young Ajax played poorly, went a goal down (Yildiz, 49'), but equalized only two minutes later (Mitea, 51', on a Muller van Moppes assist). And that's about it, really.

This was the line-up:
Vermeer; Timisela, Huisman, Vertonghen, Moisander; Sarpong (66. Yildirim), Manucharyan (46. Muller van Moppes), Keizer; Sahadewsing, Van der Kolk (58. Kalkhuis), Mitea.

Pictures:
http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=4217/dbid=40 ... fpage=1821

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young NEC: 2-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 19, 2006 7:29 am

Young Ajax's last few games of the season don't really matter anymore. They won't get relegated, but they won't win anything either (so they won't be in the 'big' Gatorade Cup next season).

Anyway, for the record: they beat Young NEC yesterday evening at De Toekomst. 2-0 was the final score. Goals scored by Jeffrey Sarpong and Derk Boerrigter. They're 8th on the table now.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Young Ajax's Tom Kalkhuis will play for Ajax's partner club, FC Omniworld from Almere, next season. Kalkhuis will join them on loan.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young NAC: 9-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 02, 2006 7:23 pm

Young Ajax have won their last league game of the season by the spectacular score of 9-2. The 'victims' were NAC Breda (already relegated). The goalscorers were:

Kalkhuis 1-0 ('17)
Van der Kolk 2-0 ('26)
Van der Kolk 3-0 ('30)
Van der Kolk 4-0 ('44)
Keizer 5-0 ('55)
Muller van Moppes 6-0 ('57)
Sarpong 7-0 ('60)
Vervoort 7-1 ('63)
Boerrigter 8-1 ('68)
Broek 8-2 ('72)
Boerrigter 9-2 ('81)

Nice hattrick by Anne van der Kolk!

Line-up: Vermeer; Huisman (46. Schilder), Kok, Moisander, Burgzorg; Muller van Moppes, Kalkhuis, Keizer (63. Boerrigter); Sahadewsing, Van der Kolk (46. Koenders), Sarpong.

Even better news: It seemed like Young Feyenoord were going to grab the title. All they needed was a win in their last game at FC Utrecht. But they lost (1-0), while Young AZ destroyed Young Vitesse (10-0!!). Which means that Young AZ grabbed the title on the very last day. Feyenoord have nothing. Nothing for Feyenoord-1, nothing for Young Feyenoord, nothing for Feyenoord A1. Absolutely and totally f*ck all. :D

Here's the final table in the Beloftencompetitie:

1. AZ: 26-53
2. Feyenoord: 26-50
3. FC Utrecht: 26-42
4. Heerenveen: 26-40
5. Ajax: 26-40
6. FC Twente: 26-37
7. RKC Waalwijk: 26-37
8. Willem II: 26-36
9. PSV: 26-34
10. Vitesse: 26-32
11. Heracles Almelo: 26-30
12. NEC: 26-29
-------------------------------
13. Volendam: 26-27
14. NAC Breda: 26-23

Volendam and NAC go down; Groningen and Sparta go up. Not a good season for Young Ajax, obviously, but the most important thing is that a few players in the 'Young Ajax age category' (Emanuelson, Maduro, Babel) have developed into fully-fledged Ajax-1 players this season, and that three more Young Ajax boys (Boakye, Schilder, Timisela) got to make their début. Next season's Young Ajax will be very different and - by all accounts - considerably better. And they'll have a new coach: the one and only Aron Winter, assisted by Maarten Stekelenburg (nope, not the goalkeeper and nope, not related; just the same name by coincidence).

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 02, 2006 7:36 pm

Looking forward to seeing Aron Winter running the show. Should be a great chance to still see youngsters like Timisela,Sarpong,Boakye, Boerrigter, and Schilder playing on a fairly regular basis;depending on signings or leavings which will hurt or help the kids' inclusion in Ajax-1 matches.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di mei 02, 2006 7:44 pm

No youth player ever improved from playing in the youth side on a regular basis. Most of these players should find some clubs to sign them on loan deals to get Eredivisie- experience.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 02, 2006 8:06 pm

My main concern is Derk Boerrigter, he is 19 now, and should get a chance in the senior team, he is skillful and talented.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 02, 2006 11:42 pm

And of course Sarpong and Anita made it to the first team without bothering with reserve team footy.

I think that players like Timisela, Boayke, Schilder and Boerrigter should go out on loan next season to gain experience.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Niklas Moisander

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 07, 2006 1:34 am

This is from Sky Sports...
FINN ON THE MOVE

Zwolle have snapped up Niklas Moisander following his exit from Ajax.

The Finnish defender moved to Ajax in 2003, but failed to make the expected progress.

Moisander was informed he could look for a new home in the summer and he has quickly settled on a switch to Zwolle.

Zwolle are keen to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion and they have handed the 21-year-old a two-year contract.

Ajax, meanwhile, have reached agreement with youth players Marijn Sterk and Koen Verhoeff.

Defender Sterk and goalkeeper Verhoeff have signed two-year deals.
K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 17, 2006 6:35 pm

Young Ajax went back in training today under new coach Aron Winter.

Rydell Poepon, Jan Vertonghen and Jeffrey Sarpong were not there. Their spell with the first team has been extended by one week.

Remarkable: Young Ajax will test a young American guy this week. He's on a try-out and his name is Jonathan Villanueva. Anyone heard of this bloke? Bluedaddy, perhaps?

K.
Still alive...

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » ma jul 17, 2006 8:55 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Remarkable: Young Ajax will test a young American guy this week. He's on a try-out and his name is Jonathan Villanueva. Anyone heard of this bloke? Bluedaddy, perhaps?

K.
I've never seen him play, but here are a couple articles about him:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... fd48c.html

http://virginiasports.cstv.com/sports/m ... 06aab.html

A midfielder. 18 years-old, I think. Top high school recruit in the U.S. last year.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Okay, so it's not an Ajax America boy.

I hope he'll make a good impression.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jul 18, 2006 2:17 am

I like the combination of scoring and cool-headedness. Two things that might come in very handy during his trial. Keeping my fingers crossed that he makes a good impression.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » di jul 18, 2006 3:29 am

Ko, Ajax America isn't exactly, shall we say, doing the business right now... 14 games played, 1 win, 11 losses, 2 draws, 5 points from 14 games, and a -16 goal differential.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Remarkable: Young Ajax will test a young American guy this week. He's on a try-out and his name is Jonathan Villanueva. Anyone heard of this bloke? Bluedaddy, perhaps?

K.

i'm glad you asked, my friend

i went to see jonathan today, and he is very happy to be at jong AJAX for a trial - he got into scrimmaging for the first time today; he showed some very nice things, but still might be just a little bit jet-lagged... should be 100% for tomorrow's training

he is a central midfielder, well known for his calm demeanor and eye for goal

if it's okay, my news report can be found below... if not, just edit it out :)

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php ... &id=001976

Afbeelding
Laatst gewijzigd door bluedaddy19 op wo jul 19, 2006 11:00 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Anybody know about his heritage ??? their is an obvios latin mix in there for sure ;) .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 19, 2006 10:38 am

I reckon many US football players do, like Reyna Bocanegra and etc.
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jul 19, 2006 11:00 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Anybody know about his heritage ??? their is an obvios latin mix in there for sure ;) .

don't take this to the bank, but i am guessing mexican
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » di jul 25, 2006 5:12 am

Ten Cate decided that Vertonghen is the only player which stays in first squad for the rest of friendy games (and - who knows - maybe for the whole following season). Rydell Poepon, Jeffrey Sarpong and the rest of young players came back to Jong Ajax.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 25, 2006 6:25 pm

It's going to be interesting to see how this kid develops in the first squad, i've been hearing about him for a while now. Ten Cate seems too really like him so he will probably get some moderate playing time.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jul 26, 2006 12:05 pm

After yesterday's game ten Cate said that (besides Vertonghen) also Schilder will stay in the first team for the new season.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » wo jul 26, 2006 2:46 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:
if it's okay, my news report can be found below... if not, just edit it out :)
Don't be so shy, BlueDaddy. Always cool to post links!!!

This from today's Dallas Morning News:
Dallas Texans midfielder trying out with Ajax: The highly successful Dallas Texans are becoming regular contributors to Dutch clubs acclaimed for their development of young talent.

Grand Prairie's Jonathan Villanueva, a University of Virginia signee who steered the Texans to the 2005 national title, is completing a two-week trial with Ajax Amsterdam, Holland's most prominent club.

Villanueva, recently named the top midfielder on Parade's All-America team, will meet with Ajax officials today to discuss potential offers, according to Texans director of coaching Hassan Nazari.

The South Grand Prairie graduate would probably be bound for the reserve team. But at Ajax, with its long history of youth development, that's prized territory.

Nazari also helped oversee Lee Nguyen's move in January to PSV Eindhoven, Holland's second-ranking club. Nguyen was back home in Plano for about three weeks over the summer and recently returned to PSV, where U.S. midfielder DaMarcus Beasley is also under contract.

Like Nguyen, Villanueva has the speed and technical ability to play in Holland, one of the mid-tier European leagues.

"But they also have to be able to handle it mentally over there, and both Lee and Johnny are capable of doing that," Nazari said.
Interesting that he says they're meeting today to discuss offers. Not sure how informed this author is; might be simply that today the trial ends. But it would be great to see Villanueva stay on with Young Ajax... :xyxthumbs:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
Grand Prairie's Jonathan Villanueva, a University of Virginia signee who steered the Texans to the 2005 national title, is completing a two-week trial with Ajax Amsterdam, Holland's most prominent club.

Nazari also helped oversee Lee Nguyen's move in January to PSV Eindhoven, Holland's second-ranking club. Nguyen was back home in Plano for about three weeks over the summer and recently returned to PSV, where U.S. midfielder DaMarcus Beasley is also under contract.
Interesting that he says they're meeting today to discuss offers. Not sure how informed this author is; might be simply that today the trial ends. But it would be great to see Villanueva stay on with Young Ajax... :xyxthumbs:
Clearly this is good journalism. :xyxthumbs:

It would be great to see him at Jong Ajax. And for his sake, it would be great for him to get out of Grand Prairie. That place is depressing.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do jul 27, 2006 12:16 am

I watched Vertonghen in Bergkamp Testimonal .

I liked him .
He started Hunter´s goal

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jul 27, 2006 10:34 am

Van der Vaart schreef:I watched Vertonghen in Bergkamp Testimonal .

I liked him .
He started Hunter´s goal
The KJH goal was brilliant play by the team. 8 or 9 passes from memory. Great work through the centre, great build up, then great wing play, perfect pass and finish.

Bring on the season ASAP :yes:

Gesloten