New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

afcajax73 schreef:
i think that "a lot of work" is an understatement, i dont personally rate him at all.. for any team.. ever.. but if we do get him, i hope to god he proves me wrong.. :onfire.gif:

hmmm

did you rate him when he rounded carragher like a traffic cone, charged 50 meters leaving everyone else in dust and nearly beat england at world cup with a shot saved off the post?

i know, i know... it was only england, but still :drecul.gif:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 19, 2010 1:02 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
afcajax73 schreef:
i think that "a lot of work" is an understatement, i dont personally rate him at all.. for any team.. ever.. but if we do get him, i hope to god he proves me wrong.. :onfire.gif:

hmmm

did you rate him when he rounded carragher like a traffic cone, charged 50 meters leaving everyone else in dust and nearly beat england at world cup with a shot saved off the post?

i know, i know... it was only england, but still :drecul.gif:
to be honest, no i didnt, Carragher is in my eyes one of the worst defenders out there, hes too slow and hes a penalty waiting to happen.. i think other than pace he doesnt offer anything. although i hope im wrong

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Jojo schreef:Just read that Marcus Berg is close to signing for PSV. Don't know why we didn't try to get him, and we all now he's good, really good. :confused.gif:
loan deal i believe?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 19, 2010 3:05 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
Jojo schreef:Just read that Marcus Berg is close to signing for PSV. Don't know why we didn't try to get him, and we all now he's good, really good. :confused.gif:
loan deal i believe?
Yes, one year loan.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 23, 2010 3:40 pm

There are rumors on the Dutch zone about De Ridder being in Amsterdam. What happened to Jozefzoon? I thought he was/is rated by a lot of people.

EDIT - ....Mido was also spotted in the Arena.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr jul 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Amol schreef:EDIT - ....Mido was also spotted in the Arena.
NO!!! PLEASE!!! Not again! We had the same rumor last summer, I believe, and it proved to be false. He's been a cancer wherever he goes.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 24, 2010 12:03 am

Please no Mido.Not sure why we want to go back to de Mul or de Ridder.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jul 24, 2010 10:06 am

rumours that ajax and az have reached an agreement for el hamdaoui...it could be 5 million euros (maybe with a player of us in change?), according to VI.NL it remains only to define how ajax it's going to pay the amount (not all now) and the salary of the player.. deal almost done, according to them.

as for the right winger: de ridder is the first option, than de mul, odonkor, mpenza (!), even our old mate leonardo. also with de ridder the talks seem to be in an advanced step.

I would be rather satisfied if these 2 moves will be finalized. really.
O tempora o mores

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » za jul 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Hamdaoui is not coming to Amsterdam. Ajax and him could not reach an agreement with salary. Ajax and AZ confirm there will be no transfer.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm

yeah, this is it: clubs reached an agreement, but ajax and player himself not.
fuck it.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 24, 2010 12:40 pm

rumour he wanted 4m euros per year .

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » za jul 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Are negotiations off? No counter offers? Who's are second option?
Godenzonen

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » za jul 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Status unclear. Startling amount of rumours going around. We'll have to wait and see.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za jul 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Latest rumor - we're trying to get Emile Mpenza

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jul 24, 2010 5:43 pm

the latest (don't know how much reliable anyway): mpenza is the new name but maybe there is money also for mido. still in search of a right winger.
what can I say, if true? mpenza was good, but ten years ago. mido can do well if jol kicks his ass, and he is the only who made it in the past to be honest so I am not negative about the Egyptian after all. but, hey: mpenza sounds more than a panic-buying. good for the bench, I hope this is the only reason we get him.
the truth is we can get 2 average strikers instead of one hot name.. this is ajax nowadays.
el hamdaoui asked 4 millions per year, it seems, plus 5 we had to pay AZ. unreachable.
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 24, 2010 5:57 pm

I would rather bring Pantelic or even Kluivert back to the side than anyone who has been mentioned. If we cannot come up with the funds to buy El Hamdaoui we are certainly not going after Altidore (who is inferior to the AZ striker). I guess all the weirdness that is going on right now is part of the pre-season. With Stekelenberg starting yesterday and de Zeeuw coming on to play I expect that all the internationals will be on the field for the CL qualifier next week.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 24, 2010 7:01 pm

As I said a day or 2 ago it would have been cheaper giving Pantelic and Rommedahl 2 year contracts and a pay rise.Mpenza would be scrapping the barrel.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jul 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Amol schreef:Latest rumor - we're trying to get Emile Mpenza
for anybody who actually believes that, i've got a bridge in the everglades to sell you

jol aint stickin' around for emile mpenza

Orange14 schreef:If we cannot come up with the funds to buy El Hamdaoui we are certainly not going after Altidore (who is inferior to the AZ striker).

sure hes more advanced, but he's also more expensive and six years older... i'd say this increases the likelihood we get jozy

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo jul 25, 2010 9:46 am

I would love to have altidore. with jol he can grow up. and I also think that martin could be able to obtain a decent efficiency even from mido.
as for the mpenza-affair, I don't believe it, but reports are insisting a bit more than with other targets..
O tempora o mores

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo jul 25, 2010 10:22 am

I cannot believe that Ajax is interested in such a bad players like Mpenza or Altidore. As someone has said - Mpenza was good, but ten years ago. Altidore is still young, but is he a type of striker that Ajax need? Do we really need a striker who cannot score a goal? He played almost 30 games for Hull and scored only 1 (ONE!!!) goal. Mates, it's only one goal more than you, me or queen Beatrix did... And he couldn't win the first team place in Villarreal (ok, quite good club with good strikers) and Xerez...

Maybe Ajax should talk with van Wolfswinkel or look for leagues in Austria, Belgium or central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus)? Or maybe Ajax should try Castillon?

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo jul 25, 2010 11:27 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:I cannot believe that Ajax is interested in such a bad players like Mpenza or Altidore. As someone has said - Mpenza was good, but ten years ago. Altidore is still young, but is he a type of striker that Ajax need? Do we really need a striker who cannot score a goal? He played almost 30 games for Hull and scored only 1 (ONE!!!) goal. Mates, it's only one goal more than you, me or queen Beatrix did... And he couldn't win the first team place in Villarreal (ok, quite good club with good strikers) and Xerez...

Maybe Ajax should talk with van Wolfswinkel or look for leagues in Austria, Belgium or central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus)? Or maybe Ajax should try Castillon?

to compare altidore to mpenza is ridiculous

at xerez, he was injured the whole time... and when el hamdaoui was 19 and 20 years old, he couldn't even get a single GAME in the prem

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo jul 25, 2010 11:51 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:I cannot believe that Ajax is interested in such a bad players like Mpenza or Altidore. As someone has said - Mpenza was good, but ten years ago. Altidore is still young, but is he a type of striker that Ajax need? Do we really need a striker who cannot score a goal? He played almost 30 games for Hull and scored only 1 (ONE!!!) goal. Mates, it's only one goal more than you, me or queen Beatrix did... And he couldn't win the first team place in Villarreal (ok, quite good club with good strikers) and Xerez...

We have Suarez to score goals. We had by far the most potent offense in the eredivisie last year. We need Altidore to play like Pantelic, creating goals and holding the ball up. He is already very good at those things (and he draws a ton of fouls as well) and his goal scoring form will come around.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo jul 25, 2010 12:45 pm

aveslacker schreef: We have Suarez to score goals.
But what if Suarez can't play (yellow cards, injury)? We need good striker to score goals. The team cannot be reliant on one player...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 25, 2010 1:57 pm

It was no surprise to me that Jol had de Jong playing up front in all the pre-season matches. I suspect that he will be used there quite frequently this season. As far as bringing someone in, I would not discount Pantelic returning on a one year contract. Given he had a poor WC and really cannot play a full 90 minutes any longer, it will be hard for him to get a the 2 year deal he wants. He has very limited options and I think Jol would welcome he back for another season. He is certainly a better option than Mpenza. I would like to see Altidore come onto the side to see what he can do but I suspect the price tag is too high.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo jul 25, 2010 2:53 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:for anybody who actually believes that, i've got a bridge in the everglades to sell you
Always remember Timothee Atouba. The guy cost us the league in the one match he played against PSV (I know it's a bit too harsh).

Apparently we made an offer to FC Sion for Mpenza and they want more money. I just hope everyone here is right and we are just trying to scare Hamdaoui into coming here by showing him the great options we have - Mpenza and Mido :smallgrin.gif:
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op zo jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Plaats reactie