Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I completely agree with this. We've been hearing about Jol leaving us for about a week now. We could've at least started to sound out other managers about a job and have had a fair idea by now.

The only thing which would make me not hate Jol after the next few weeks is if he's actually 'using' Fulham to get much needed reinforcements (at least a striker) from the Directors.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Amol schreef:I completely agree with this. We've been hearing about Jol leaving us for about a week now. We could've at least started to sound out other managers about a job and have had a fair idea by now.

The only thing which would make me not hate Jol after the next few weeks is if he's actually 'using' Fulham to get much needed reinforcements (at least a striker) from the Directors.
I must be in dreamland to assume that we were looking at other managers. Apparently Van Der Boog has finally cancelled his holiday and is back in Amsterdam to figure out he situation with Jol. :drecul.gif:
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op wo jul 21, 2010 4:41 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo jul 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:We have to let Jol go and move on - quickly.
And what is the "Plan B" then?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jul 21, 2010 5:15 pm

not to get anyone too upset, but i heard they have talked to a possible replacement... ronald koeman
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm

:00001595.gif:

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jul 21, 2010 5:56 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... onal-terms

This seems slightly more updated. Jol has agreed terms with Fulham and apparently informed Ajax he now wants to move (not sure if that's the case based on the past few days reporting).

If that is the case, I see these options: 1) Ajax refuses and he resigns, we get nothing 2) We negotiate with Fulham and get some money from a buyout

Neither is a good option at this point, but I agree with the sentiment that it's time to let him go and start looking for a replacement. He may not be committed to Fulham, but he's definitely not committed to Ajax, which is what we need, and that's probably not going to change.

Just not Koeman. I hope PAOK at least sends a Christmas card for this nice gift.
AFCA

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... onal-terms

This seems slightly more updated. Jol has agreed terms with Fulham and apparently informed Ajax he now wants to move (not sure if that's the case based on the past few days reporting).

If that is the case, I see these options: 1) Ajax refuses and he resigns, we get nothing 2) We negotiate with Fulham and get some money from a buyout

Neither is a good option at this point, but I agree with the sentiment that it's time to let him go and start looking for a replacement. He may not be committed to Fulham, but he's definitely not committed to Ajax, which is what we need, and that's probably not going to change.

Just not Koeman. I hope PAOK at least sends a Christmas card for this nice gift.
I wonder how the resignation thing works. Does it have to be by mutual agreement? e.g. Lets take the Sulejmani case into consideration. He can't just resign and wish us good luck in the future.

If it IS by mutual consideration and assuming that we don't agree, then we should get another coach and make Jol the manager of the drinks attendants for a year out of spite.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Read a rumor on ajaxinside.nl that we're thinking of replacing Jol with Manuel Pellegrini. Lets get him and make Jol the new cleaning lady.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Amol schreef:Read a rumor on ajaxinside.nl that we're thinking of replacing Jol with Manuel Pellegrini. Lets get him and make Jol the new cleaning lady.
Suarez would then stay on as his interpreter! :headbang.gif: I think Pellegrini is a great manager but I don't think he's coming to the Eredivisie.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 21, 2010 7:17 pm

If Jol resigns we sue him for his outstanding contract ie 4m euros.We should let him go and just appoint Blind. He may not be the greatest choice but at least he is Ajax through and through and not going to go off and join some minor EPL club , which is what Fulham are .

We need this sorted today , the CL is a week away and the forwards position is getting a joke.

Rumours still on about Man U coming in for Suarez , Sulejmani is pissed off and wants to go to West Ham and Urby is injured so Suk Bodul and Ozbiliz could be playing PAOK .
This is not the way this club should be run .

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo jul 21, 2010 7:43 pm

SPL schreef:If Jol resigns we sue him for his outstanding contract ie 4m euros.We should let him go and just appoint Blind. He may not be the greatest choice but at least he is Ajax through and through and not going to go off and join some minor EPL club , which is what Fulham are .

We need this sorted today , the CL is a week away and the forwards position is getting a joke.

Rumours still on about Man U coming in for Suarez , Sulejmani is pissed off and wants to go to West Ham and Urby is injured so Suk Bodul and Ozbiliz could be playing PAOK .
This is not the way this club should be run .
But I thought just a short time ago almost everyone on here was saying we had plenty of time - I think that two of us thought otherwise. Guess who was right?

We should have sorted this out ages ago - We will be lucky to experience too much 2010/11 Cl footie - roll on 2011/12
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo jul 21, 2010 8:00 pm

SPL schreef:[Blind] may not be the greatest choice but at least he is Ajax through and through and not going to go off and join some minor EPL club , which is what Fulham are .
We sure don't have to worry about Blind leaving for another club. :hypocrite.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Amol schreef:Read a rumor on ajaxinside.nl that we're thinking of replacing Jol with Manuel Pellegrini. Lets get him and make Jol the new cleaning lady.
Suarez would then stay on as his interpreter! :headbang.gif: I think Pellegrini is a great manager but I don't think he's coming to the Eredivisie.
Maybe that's the real reason why Suarez went to Spain. To talk to Pellegrini one on one :drecul.gif: :sleepey.gif:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jul 21, 2010 8:46 pm

I believe all should be resolved tomorrow morning.

What gets me is how different the English press and Dutch press are reporting things. According to English press Jol has already agreed a 3 year deal with Fulham. Nothing in Dutch press about that.

Now Van Den Boog is returning from holiday this evening at some stage. According to Dutch press it is to meet with Jol in morning whom he has had contact with by phone over last few days. Well according to BBC he is already in the country and at this moment is in talks with Alistair Macintosh to discuss compensation. But hold on according to goal.com, Macintosh is not in Netherlands as he flew back to London for birth of a child.

So nobody really knows what is going on and one way or another it should be sorted in the morning.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

acab

Bericht door acab » wo jul 21, 2010 9:39 pm

After whole this real circus, Jol would be the most hated man in the Arena. After this, i don't want to hear anything about this bald idiot. Go to Fulham and afetr a year in the championship. I think all this is for good. You don't knoe what you win, when you lose. Jol made some mistakes las season, and after all, i don't think that with this bunch of palyers Blind would finish lower than second place.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do jul 22, 2010 12:09 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:not to get anyone too upset, but i heard they have talked to a possible replacement... ronald koeman
You've got to be kidding. That would truly be a fitting end to this whole fiasco.Why not just hire my aunt Minnie and be done with it.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » do jul 22, 2010 9:28 am

Just in: Jol stays.

(Ajax.nl)

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do jul 22, 2010 10:09 am

fantastic....

a lot of people saying he should have gone, and caused trouble etc...

but i personally think hes good for us.. and what we need is to keep the same manager for a lengthy period.. bit of stability.

also i think hes done well with the youngsters we have.. :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » do jul 22, 2010 10:27 am

Total catastrophy for Ajax.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do jul 22, 2010 10:33 am

That depends. We don't know which players will be brought in.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do jul 22, 2010 10:35 am

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:Total catastrophy for Ajax.
couldnt disagree more..

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do jul 22, 2010 10:48 am

Short term this is good for Ajax. Long term we don't know yet, because we don't know wat VDB promised Jol.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

Well that is the end of the farce although as usual the english press were making stories up just to stir things.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

SPL schreef:Well that is the end of the farce although as usual the english press were making stories up just to stir things.
Seems like it. Although Jol played his part in this 'operation'. In the statement on Ajax.nl, Jol says that his agent (Raiola) had serious talks with Fulham... And that is what bothers me... If Jol wanted to stay at Ajax, you can use Fulham as some kind of pressure to force Ajax. But now he is actually admitting that he would've fancied a move to Fulham.....

acab

Bericht door acab » do jul 22, 2010 2:44 pm

So? I'm sure, Suarez dreams every day about Barcelona, but that doesn't stop him for scoring over 40 goals last season.

Plaats reactie