Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 20, 2010 1:05 am

Surstad schreef:
I don't understand how anyone can be angry with Van den Boog and the current Board. they are implementing the Coronel report findings the best they can. Remember the Jaake master plan? We would win the Eredivisie 2 of every 3 years and progress to the final 8 in the CL on a regular basis (there was some year even affixed to this but I forget what it was). This is shear lunacy. We are no longer back in the good old pre-Bosman days and the everyone needs to understand this. Until there is some UEFA wide reform of financing clubs (very unlikely as it would be anti-competitive from the players' perspective) we are stuck having to generate revenue from the sales of players.
I cannot see how we are implementing the Coronel findings when we are always chasing players from the other Eredivisie clubs. How can it be that clubs like Heerenveen and Twente manages to find the right players even though they are more limited in resources. According to the Coronel report, most of the players should come from our youth ranks and Ajax should only buy players who are either young and talented, or of such quality that they can lift the team to the next level.
We bought de Zeeuw who is an NT player. Eriksen fits the bill of young and good and was on the Danish NT. Lodeiro is a Uruguayan NT member. Suarez was bought after the Coronel report came out. van Basten transfers were bad but he's not here any longer. You can't expect a turn around in one year from a systemic problem that took the greater part of a decade to happen. I also wouldn't compare what we have done to what Heerenveen are doing. Last year wasn't particularly good for them.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Surstad

Bericht door Surstad » di jul 20, 2010 7:20 am

Suarez was bought in 2007, a half year before the Coronel report came out in 2008. And again he was discovered by another Eredivisie club first. As for Eriksen he signed in 2008, so not sure if he can be considered as a part of the "new" system either. Lodeiro we signed right after AZ had shown their interest... And then we have the list of terrible transfers of which not only Van Basten is to blame. ten Cate, Blind etc. also share their part. It looks more like a system fault. Chasing players like Ronnie Stam looks to me like running down the same old road...

Hopefully a player like Boilesen may show that there has been any impact of the Coronel report afterall..

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di jul 20, 2010 7:22 am

De Telegraaf reports that Jol will stay after the board gave hime some space to buy/loan a rightwinger and a centre forward.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di jul 20, 2010 9:16 am

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1 ... 33,00.html

Sky report that hes gonna stay too. WIN!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di jul 20, 2010 9:38 am

Maybe the whole Fulham thing was a bluff to get the board to give in.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » di jul 20, 2010 9:41 am

Yes I think that's part of it, but he also told the Guardian that he would rather wait for a better job to come along, in particular he thinks a Newcastle job might be in the offing soon.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 20, 2010 10:09 am

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:Yes I think that's part of it, but he also told the Guardian that he would rather wait for a better job to come along, in particular he thinks a Newcastle job might be in the offing soon.
I don't believe that. You've mentioned a few times that one day he wants to work in the Premier League again, and that he wants to live in England with his family. I heard him say that, too. But it is also a well-known wish of Jol's to win the Eredivisie championship. He wants to win the title in his own country - and Ajax are the club he wants to do it with.

The whole Fulham thing was meant to put the Ajax board under pressure. He got what he wanted, end of story, let the season begin. Newcastle? Perhaps, but not this season. I'm sure of that.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jul 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Maybe the whole Fulham thing was a bluff to get the board to give in.
absolutely. having is manager in mister mino raiola, the man who has been able to let Zlatan be sold for half-his -price, it has been possible. he is a tricky agent, well known in italy for this kind of behaviour. has done it with zlatan not only at ajax, but at internazionale, where is doing the same now with balotelli.
well done if all this game has finally moved the board, anyway: but they have been two scary days for ajax supporters.
O tempora o mores

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jul 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:Yes I think that's part of it, but he also told the Guardian that he would rather wait for a better job to come along, in particular he thinks a Newcastle job might be in the offing soon.
Newcastle?! Talk about no transfer money and a fool for an owner! What a mess that would be! Newcastle?! I'm not that desperate!

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jul 20, 2010 12:28 pm

SPL schreef:I am still not sure who has any money to buy Suarez. Daily Mail suggests Man U wont or haven't the money for a big buy. If he stays what a bonus for us .Even Van Gaal is not sure Greg will go to Munich.
Here are to most likely possibilities for the Suarez Transfer:

1) Chelsea want Aguero from Atletico and Atletico could buy Suarez in return to play with Forlan.

2) Chelsea can't get Aguero from Atletico so they buy Suarez. They just tossed Joe Cole after all and need to at least replace him.

3) Man City continue their spending spree.

The Mancs can't get their men (Sneijder or Suarez) because they spent too much on mediocre/crappy players like Hargeaves the traitor, Andersen, Carrick, Valencia and of course, Berbatov. Now they are stuck with these guys who cost about 110 million pounds collectively and they won't get half their worth. Sir Alex really screwed up!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 20, 2010 1:33 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
SPL schreef:I am still not sure who has any money to buy Suarez. Daily Mail suggests Man U wont or haven't the money for a big buy. If he stays what a bonus for us .Even Van Gaal is not sure Greg will go to Munich.
Here are to most likely possibilities for the Suarez Transfer:

1) Chelsea want Aguero from Atletico and Atletico could buy Suarez in return to play with Forlan.

2) Chelsea can't get Aguero from Atletico so they buy Suarez. They just tossed Joe Cole after all and need to at least replace him.

3) Man City continue their spending spree.

The Mancs can't get their men (Sneijder or Suarez) because they spent too much on mediocre/crappy players like Hargeaves the traitor, Andersen, Carrick, Valencia and of course, Berbatov. Now they are stuck with these guys who cost about 110 million pounds collectively and they won't get half their worth. Sir Alex really screwed up!
I think 1 & 2 are possibilities but remote ones. Chelsea picked up Benayoun cheap from Liverpool and he will replace Cole. They may or may not get Ballotelli from Inter. If they do, they don't need Suarez. I don't think they are interested in Aguero any longer.

I think with Jol staying, Luis is likely to stay as well.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di jul 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi, I'm new to the board. I'm having a hard time following this Martin Jol saga. You guys seem optimistic that he's staying but the british press says that Jol leaving for Fulham is a done deal. I can't read what the dutch media says about the affair because of the language disadvantage. I don't know what to believe, just been skimming through the board, and I get the vibe that he will stay, but elsewhere, all I can see is that Jol is on his way to Fulham.
Godenzonen

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jul 20, 2010 4:16 pm

ajaxcolombia schreef: the british press says that Jol leaving for Fulham is a done deal.
It was already a "done deal" last friday... :confused.gif:
Anyway, it seems that Jol will still be on the bench for the friendly against Rijnsburgse Boys.

:welcome:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Alot of reports are saying he wants to go but Ajax don't want him too. Not sure we have heard the end of it .

The board can get 1m euros in compensation , save 2m euros on his salary and let Blind take over. After all they do not care about the football just the money.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di jul 20, 2010 7:36 pm

You can hardly defend that statement, since Ajax had a loss before tax of over 25 mio last year. So they have to do something about the costs. At this moment the saving on slaries of players that left is more or less ten mio, so that still leaves a huge gap between income and costs. If they only cared about money they would be happy to let Jol go.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Jol now says that there will be more clarity about his move tomorrow. I'm getting sick of this really. CL qualification starts in a week's time and this douchebag is pmsing on us.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » di jul 20, 2010 11:04 pm

According to the BBC Fulham officials are in Amsterdam tonight, to resume compensation negotiations with Ajax in the morning. Jol is "excited" by the move to Fulham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 829195.stm

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Amol schreef:Jol now says that there will be more clarity about his move tomorrow. I'm getting sick of this really. CL qualification starts in a week's time and this douchebag is pmsing on us.
I guess that you didn't hear that Zlatan is leaving Barac to rejoin us and lead us to the promised land of CL glory (this is as good as any other Internet rumor and you heard it first here!). :blub.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 21, 2010 12:06 am

I agree the board are having to do something about cutting the costs and have got rid of alot of deadwood. Just get the feeling that they would let Jol go for the right amount and let Blind take over thus saving plenty of money .Hope I am wrong on this.

Next week we have a CL game and a forward line of , Suarez hopefully , Sulejmani if fit or unless he has joined West Ham and Suk or Bodul or Ozbiliz.

We need the coach sorted out asap and we need to get a striker asap.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 21, 2010 1:05 am

SPL schreef: We need the coach sorted out asap and we need to get a striker asap.
Bobby Zamora in exchange for Martin Jol; we come out ahead on that trade.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » wo jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

Here's an interesting piece from today's Guardian. Neither Ajax or Jol come out of smelling of roses.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... martin-jol

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo jul 21, 2010 11:02 am

thing i dont get is, theres loads of reports about jol wanting de ridder at ajax, and not wanting sulejmani to go.. but whys he doing all this if hes going anyway?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jul 21, 2010 11:53 am

afcajax73 schreef:thing i dont get is, theres loads of reports about jol wanting de ridder at ajax, and not wanting sulejmani to go.. but whys he doing all this if hes going anyway?
I've just read that Ajax board are going to talk with Jol again (today's evening). Jol said he's not going to make ultimatum to the board, but he sees that other clubs are more active on transfer markt and Ajax board won't buy any player until they sell our best boys.

In Fulham people say that it is almost 100% sure that Jol will join the club this or the next week. Jol says that at the moment he is still in Ajax.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 21, 2010 11:59 am

It looks like it's time to let Jol go to Fulham. Get his future salary as compensation and move on. Unfortunately from the latest stories on his past history with Tottenham and Hamburg, this guy will leave sooner or later and it's not doing us any good. Maybe Blind learned from his last run as manager, who knows, but there is one thing we do know, he is committed to Ajax which is more than can be said for Jol. Also, I'm not sure that Jol is all that great in bringing new players in, witness Atouba and I'm pretty pissed at the reports that state he is upset that we didn't retain Pantelic and Rommedahl. It was HIS policy of not giving over 30 players multi-year contracts that led to their departure.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » wo jul 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Completely agree. We have to let Jol go and move on - quickly.

If we keep Jol now, everyone - including us fans, our opponents, and most importantly the Ajax players - will know that we have a coach who would rather be somewhere else. We all know that he will be gone sooner, rather than later, If it's not Fulham, it will be the next Premiership job that comes up. We need someone who is committed to Ajax for three years at least, who can start to work to a cohesive medium to long-term plan.

After all this, if Jol stays it will be an unmitigated disaster. The sooner he goes, the sooner we can get someone committed to the club, and we can all move on.

Plaats reactie