New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 08, 2010 12:58 pm

aveslacker schreef:
If Arsenal draw us I don't think they will consider it an easy draw.
Let's not put the horse ahead of the cart. As of today, it's Tottenham that goes into the playoff round and Arsenal have to lose tomorrow and Spurs win for us to have the "opportunity" to play the Gunners.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » di mei 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Semih Senturk, Turkish NT striker, seems to have caught our interest. His agent told Reuters Turkey that he has a choice between staying at Fenerbahce or moving abroad to Ajax.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mei 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Good old Clarence Seedorf is said that he wants to end his carreer at Ajax. Gazetta dello Sport reports that Clarence is not sure whether he will have much playing time at AC Milan, therefore he considers a move to Ajax.

That would be great! A lot of experience for our young team.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mei 26, 2010 5:51 pm

I would tell him thanks, but no thanks.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Jojo

Bericht door Jojo » wo mei 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Not sure whether he'll have much playing time at Ajax should he come back. Although he's a good player not sure we need him... :confused.gif:

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo mei 26, 2010 8:51 pm

It's just a hoax, some teenager invented the news.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr mei 28, 2010 9:14 am

IF ONLY,

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jun 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Just to stress that everything seems in standby at ajax. Yes, we sold someone (gabri, maybe kennedy), we will for sure release a few (pantelic, ogararu), maybe we'll be able to get rid of someone else (wielaert, sno, aissati) but absolutely no news in new contracts (rommedahl, emanuelson, althoug the Danish at the end will stay) and most important no news in the market. I have this bad feeling we already lost some targets: dost to heerenveen, old dear janko and bajrami joined twente, lens to psv, even our other old target tadic to groningen, and I for sure am forgetting someone else. the others are moving, we don't. hope that the 2 targets jol expects to arrive (CF, winger) will come.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Urby has evidently said no to a contract extension but whether anyone will buy him is another matter.

There are 2 sets of sellings ie those we want out ie Wielaert Kennedy Sno Aissati and these will not mean new players but the other group are the players who are regulars we do not want to sell ie. Steks Vd Wiel Suarez and Vertonghen . Nothing is going to happen to any of these until after the WC and until they are sold we cannot look for replacements .

We should be looking to sign a striker as Pantelic says he is going but then again no one has offered him anymore than a 1 year contract so who knows he may change his mind.

Not sure about Drost but I think Janko will score plenty for Twente and if Suarez goes then Lens would have been a good signing .

There is going to be a lot of business in Amsterdam in August .

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma jun 21, 2010 7:05 pm

i would rather we make the correct signings this summer irrespective of when we buy them. Still 2 months to go till end of transfer deadline so still time.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm

SPL schreef:
We should be looking to sign a striker as Pantelic says he is going but then again no one has offered him anymore than a 1 year contract so who knows he may change his mind.
I would note that he did not even leave the bench in Serbia's last match. If this continues, his value plummets and he may return to Amsterdam for one last season. Strikers tend to go down hill very fast as age catches up to them.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jun 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Orange14 schreef:
SPL schreef:
I would note that he did not even leave the bench in Serbia's last match. If this continues, his value plummets and he may return to Amsterdam for one last season. Strikers tend to go down hill very fast as age catches up to them.
I think this is further proof that the depression in the world football economy is actually a good thing for clubs like Ajax. In years past, once one of our players had a good season, some mid-table team in one of the bigger leagues would swoop in for him. It doesn't seem like that's happening anymore, meaning that we have a real shot at keeping and developing a core of players.

:onfire.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

jamcocteau schreef:i would rather we make the correct signings this summer irrespective of when we buy them. Still 2 months to go till end of transfer deadline so still time.
By which time we could be out of the Champions League. The sooner the better from my point of view.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Agree wholeheartedly with OPH . Not sure if any sought after player will come to an Ajax which he would've witnessed go belly up at the first hurdle. Better to sign the players we need early and retain those required to make a run early as well .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jun 23, 2010 10:43 am

Fair enough that we have to buy players, I am not disagreeing but I would be very interested for you to tell me for what positions we should go and buy players for immediately.

Looking at last seasons squad, 2 postions I though we were weak in was at left back and centre forward. So if we retained the same squad as last year bar Pantelic I would spend big money on getting quality players for these positions.

We also need cover imo at centre back, as replacement for either of the Belgians being injured or suspended. But do we spend big money on this on the assumption that Vertonghen leaves and he can act as replacement or do we spend reasonable money for someone to sit on the bench most of the season and act as cover on assumption that Vertonghen does not leave.

I honestly think Ajax are in a bit of a catch 22 postion right now - nobody know the budget we have and their is possibility that we could lose upto 4 or 5 players or none at all. Do we spend big money now on our weakest positions from last year and then wait till after World Cup and see what happens with our sellable assets - Suarez, VdV etc - wait till they are transferred and then replace them.

Its 5 weeks till 1st Champions League Qualifier and I think we should sound out players now in case of various scenarios occurring and once things are bit clearer with those who could leave make the decision and buy. I wouldnt just go and buy for the sake of buying. Ajax have done this in the past quite often just to placate supporters and this has left the club in a bit of a financial mess.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo jun 23, 2010 11:11 am

Ajax have no money for buying. They need to offload useless players first, at least, and I'm not sure it will be enough
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah, this is absolutely true. maybe we had some money from the gabri deal (he wasn't on expiring could go on loan and see their contract expire, just like happened last year to luque, cause no-one wants them or find their wages too expensive.

it's different if we sell vd wiel or emanuelson (not both, please!): in that case we should have some money to put on the transfer market.

one thing is for sure: we need a striker and a winger. and a central back if we sell oleguer (this could at least bring us some more money). I don't expect too many changes, with blind and other youngsters returning back. we have a good group of players but these 2 key positions I mentioned before (oh well: Martin Jol mentioned them too) are to be filled. I agree that we don't have to run and to buy just to do it, but remember that the season starts early for us this year.
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op wo jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 23, 2010 1:33 pm

As others have noted, the club is in a tricky position. There is little reserve money for new purchases and those could only be made if we get an influx of money from player sales. That's not likely to happen until mid to late August unfortunately. There was a comment about left back being a weak spot. I'm not so sure. Anita came close to being picked as a reserve on the NT and we should have Atouba coming back from injury (I am not making any value judgment about his worth, only noting his return). We also have some players coming back from loan whose value is not really known (Blind, Bodul, Sarpong) as well as a couple from the youth that may move up as well. The only player that we really need to sell is Emanuelson who has indicated he won't extend his contract; every other player on the team has contracts that run more than one year (excepting Pantelic who was a one year signing and may be back if he can't find a suitable home).

I don't think things are bleak and look at the job Jol did this past year. I think if we went back and read the posts from last summer there was a lot of doom and gloom! :smile-ajax.gif:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo jun 23, 2010 10:59 pm

I think that the type of players we require depends on the club's ambitions for next year. If the ambition is to have a real go at the champions league with the aim of getting out of the group stages than if we then we need to fill more positions than if the clubs ambition is just to win the eredivisie and have a small run in the Europa League.

However our finances and ambitions probably don't match and we should all settle down now to fewer low cost signings and just accept the eredivisie title as the pot of gold at the end of this years rainbow.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The negotiation period should heat up post July 1. The group phase will be done and dusted . The second round either done or nearly so. Player and club attention on contracts will heat up too. If we lose players we gain $ . I've more confidence in BMJ ; Atouba not withstanding .
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The negotiation period should heat up post July 1. The group phase will be done and dusted . The second round either done or nearly so. Player and club attention on contracts will heat up too. If we lose players we gain $ . I've more confidence in BMJ ; Atouba not withstanding .
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 24, 2010 7:30 pm

They are waiting for players to leave but Wielaert,Sno Aissati and Oleguer wont be easy to shift . And
these wont raise any transfer fees just reduced the payroll .Hopefully Kennedy will get his Turkish passport and leave soon.

The big problem is that we have to wait until the WC is over to see if Steks, V dWiel and Suarez leave
and hope also that no big team comes in for Vertonghen (Arsenal are rumoured but he is surely too like Vermaelen and they want a big defender who can head a ball ).

These sales wont happen until late July August and thus Ajax are in a difficult position . At present they have to get a striker but have no money . However why get an older free transfer now on a big salary and then find in a months time we have either 20m for V dW or 35 m for Suarez .

So I see them waiting but this is not going to help preparing for a new season .

PS If Steks leaves we will likely go with Vermeer with Verhoeven as 2nd choice BUT 3rd choice is then Bizot , who did not even get any Jong games last season .He was 5th choice with Padt as 4th choice .
Padt now with Go ahead Eagles so will we need to get another goalie ?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

According to ajaxf-side.nl, Ajax wants to buy 24-year-old Adrian Ramos from Hertha Berlin. He has scored 10 goals in his first season in Bundesliga.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » di jun 29, 2010 2:43 pm

I've just read that Ajax may offer a trial to Thulani Serero from Ajax Cape Town. He is 20 and plays as a offensive midfielder. He also had a few games for South Africa U-20 team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

We seem to have alot of attacking midfielders. With de Jong and Eriksen coming through I am still not sure why we bought Lodeiro!

Plaats reactie