How good is your country in Portugal?

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

How good is your country in Portugal?

Bericht door Dubbel » ma jun 07, 2004 6:51 pm

Question to Ajaxfans around europe: I would like to know how far you think the country you live in will go at the Euro 2004?

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » ma jun 07, 2004 8:04 pm

maybe quarter final... I don't have high hopes... maybe not even through the first round.

beelzebub

Bericht door beelzebub » ma jun 07, 2004 9:32 pm

If they get past the group it's over in the quarters. Italy and Sweden are better. :blush:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr jun 11, 2004 12:20 pm

I don't think France will go further than the 1/4 finals. The defense is weak and the current goal-keeper, Barthez, is blunder-addicted these days.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma jun 21, 2004 10:09 am

I've said all along that this Enmgland team is over-hyped, and will struggle to make it out of the group phase.

So I'm predicting a 0-2 defeat to Croatia, and Croatia and France to go through. Neither of those teams will get past the 1/4s, either.

Copied this from another board...

GROUP B possibilities:

* If France win or draw, then they are through.

* If England win or draw, then they are through.

* If Croatia win, then they are through.

* If Switzerland win, and there is a winner in the Croatia-England match, then Switzerland are through.

* If Croatia and England draw, and Switzerland win by three goals, then Switzerland are through, otherwise France are through.

GROUP C possibilities:

* If Sweden win or draw, then they are through.

* If Denmark win, then they are through.

* If Sweden and Denmark draw, and score more than two, then they are both through.

* If Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1, and Italy win by more than one goal, then Sweden and Italy are though.

* If Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1, and Italy win by one goal, then Sweden and Denmark are though.

* If Denmark and Sweden draw 0-0, and Italy win, then Sweden and Italy are though.

GROUP D possibilities:

* If Germany win, then they are through.

* If Netherlands and Latvia draw, and Germany avoid defeat, then Germany are through.

* If Germany do not win, and there is a winner in the Netherlands-Latvia game, then the winner goes through.

* If Germany lose, and Netherlands-Latvia is a score draw, then Netherlands go through.

* , If Germany lose by one and score two or more goals and Netherlands-Latvia is a goalless draw, then Germany go through.

Simple.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jun 21, 2004 3:00 pm

Among the numerous referee mistakes, the red card to Heitinga seems dubious : I do not think he hit Nedved who presumably learned to dive in his Italian club.

Gesloten