Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mei 22, 2009 2:06 am

mako schreef:
SPL schreef:The Daily Mail today is running stories about Ronaldo leaving and who Ferguson could buy. They list 5 players to watch, and quess what Suarez and Sulejmani are 2 of them.I think he will look elsewhere.
That queen Ronaldo 'has dropped the clearest hint yet that he intends to reject a summer move to Real Madrid by insisting he "only cares what happens next season at Manchester United,"' according to this story: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901

Wouldn't bank on it, of course, but still....
Wait a minute - ManU wants to buy Sulejmani? We could actually book a profit if we sold him to them. Do it!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr mei 22, 2009 3:09 am

aveslacker schreef:Wait a minute - ManU wants to buy Sulejmani? We could actually book a profit if we sold him to them. Do it!
I still agree with SPL and Ko: I would give him one more (hopefully healthy) year - I mean, he is only 20.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Although only a reserve Marvin Hasselbaink joined Omniworld on a2 year contract. The only other reserves released were Ouwerkerk and MacIntosh. I still hope that another reserve Manucharyan will leave but he still has 2years left of a contract.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mei 26, 2009 4:13 pm

SPL schreef:Although only a reserve Marvin Hasselbaink
Just in time for a reply for our old question then. According to LFC TV who showed the Ajax v Liverpool reserve game a couple of nights ago Marvin is the nephew of Jerrel (Jimmy Floyd) Hasselbaink.

He looked pretty anonymous in that game I have to say......
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 5:33 pm

SE6. I must have asked thatq uestion agood year a go and someone answers it the day after he leaves.
Good luck to him at Omniworld

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Donavan Slinjgard on loan to Sparta has signed a3 year contract for them.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Arsenal sign Ajax stopper

Sport.co.uk understands Arsenal have completed the signing of AFC Ajax centre back Thomas Vermaelen for a fee believed to be in the region of £10 million. According to sources inside the club, the deal for the Belgian international will be confirmed in the next 48 hours.

The 23-year-old moved to Ajax in 2004 from Antwerp outfit Germinal Beerschot and has since played 85 times for the Amsterdam giants as well as accumulating 21 caps for his country.

The news comes only hours after former Arsenal captain Tony Adams revealed that he had watched the player on behalf of Arsene Wenger but hinted that despite his obvious quality his physical attributes may let him down.

"I think Thomas is a very good player but I don’t think he’s ready for the Arsenal," Adams told Setanta.

"I don’t think the punters at Arsenal would like another small one.

"I don’t know whether he’ll end up going for a bigger player. We’ll see how much money we’ve got first.

"I have been looking at the Dutch league, but to be honest with you it’s been decimated.

"It’s a poor league at the moment, there’s one or two players but they’re leaving too early as well."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 03, 2009 6:52 pm

My sons are Arsenal fans so I do have an idea of what they want and Vermaelen I am surprised with.Clichy Gibbs and Silvester all play left back!!

£10m= 11.58m euros on todays rates which is a fair price for a left back.The only player at Ajax who would be hard to replace is Suarez( impossible in his case). Looking at the rest of the squad he is the only outstanding player and we could easily replace anyone else.

Vermaelen is a good defender in our poor defence it will interesting to see him in the EPL

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jun 03, 2009 7:01 pm

SPL schreef:My sons are Arsenal fans so I do have an idea of what they want and Vermaelen I am surprised with.Clichy Gibbs and Silvester all play left back!!

£10m= 11.58m euros on todays rates which is a fair price for a left back.The only player at Ajax who would be hard to replace is Suarez( impossible in his case). Looking at the rest of the squad he is the only outstanding player and we could easily replace anyone else.

Vermaelen is a good defender in our poor defence it will interesting to see him in the EPL
I agree, it seems like an odd signing considering Clichy and Gibbs. I guess they want a defender who isn't going to outrun himself and the ball :drecul.gif: or they might be planning on using him in central defense, I don't know.

That's a nice transfer fee if it goes through.
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Van basten schreef:Arsenal sign Ajax stopper

"I think Thomas is a very good player but I don’t think he’s ready for the Arsenal," Adams told Setanta.

"I don’t think the punters at Arsenal would like another small one.

"I don’t know whether he’ll end up going for a bigger player. We’ll see how much money we’ve got first.

"I have been looking at the Dutch league, but to be honest with you it’s been decimated.

"It’s a poor league at the moment, there’s one or two players but they’re leaving too early as well."
This confirms my longstanding belief that Tony Adams is a moron.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jun 04, 2009 11:12 am

10 million ....SOLD ! Not a bad price at all.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 04, 2009 11:18 am

Hang on, hang on... No official confirmation yet, as far as I know.

I just 'upped' the Vermaelen thread.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jun 04, 2009 12:24 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

It's going to be the same old bloody story!

Let the good players go, buy crap, and end up winning sod all! That' what we've been used to fo a few years! I really thought that Jol would've had some influence!

Looks like another bummer of a season unless Jol can work some magic. That's the Player of the Year gone for the last 3-4 years!

How the hell can Ajax expect to win something when their team disintegrates after one year!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

oh dear sweet christmas, SELLSELLSELL!!!!

http://www.v-bal.nl/nieuws/47783/evande ... eille.html

gordonvandekamp schreef: I agree, it seems like an odd signing considering Clichy and Gibbs. I guess they want a defender who isn't going to outrun himself and the ball :drecul.gif: or they might be planning on using him in central defense, I don't know.

That's a nice transfer fee if it goes through.

clichy has been a milan target for eons, he may be gone soon
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jun 06, 2009 12:46 am

Perhaps I'm simply clueless , but I just can't get too broken up about selling any defender save for Gregory van der Wiel.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 06, 2009 8:55 am

Arsenal and Ajax are set to have agreed on a 13 million euro deal. Now a deal with Vermaelen is being negotiated.
Get a Cock

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jun 06, 2009 9:34 am

Blind3

"Perhaps I'm simply clueless , but I just can't get too broken up about selling any defender save for Gregory van der Wiel"

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

It seems that if we're just going to sell players, our better players, when a new coach comes, we are going to sink to the depths of being another Newcastle! They spend vast amounts of money on second rate players every time there's a new coach, (which is quite often), and look where that's got them! We should be maintaining ang AND buying players, just getting rid of the dross!

Martin Jol's got a hard job getting a team together, a QUALITY team together, before their tested in the friendlies. Roll on the Southampton game...they'll be up for it, as will Bristol City. the excuse of "it's only a friendly" won't wash! we need to see progress, and quickly!!

MVB promised us so much and didn't deliver...let's hope MJ can!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 06, 2009 11:34 am

Well imo we have only one quality player left to sell Suarez once Vermaelen goes so there are no more big sales left for us. Urby is ok but isn't top drawer, Sulejmani has to prove himself and of the young
V d Wiel shows promise . Enoh and Vertonghen hopefully will develop.

A complete rebuild of the defence is needed fast. Vermaelen was our best defender last season and the defence last season was crap.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 06, 2009 12:56 pm

If the transfer fee is 13 million euros then it is a more than fair valuation. I'm surprised that Arsenal would pay that much given that it's pretty well known that finances are tight because of the stadium mortgage and the collapse of their real estate development project. Maybe Wenger plans to sell a couple of established players including Clichy. It will be interesting to see if they use Vermaelen in the center or on the left fullback slot. I'm also assuming that Martin Jol has approved this transfer as it was only in the works after he joined up. Vertonghen has played left fullback in the past and maybe the thinking is to move him there permanently (unless we bring in Braafheid from Twente which appears increasingly unlikely). We'll have to wait and see though I continue to bemoan the modern day fact that all of the Dutch teams must be net sellers of talent rather than buyers. Perhaps the coming financial difficulties of Valencia, Liverpool, etc. will change things but I doubt it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » za jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

I think Ajax have got themselves a good deal if the 13 million is to be believed. Every player has a valuation, and that is more than the case for Vermaelen in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he does in the Premiership at a club like Arsenal.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma jun 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Here we are on the one hand moaning and groaning about not winning this trophy or that trophy, and then we start saying that we don't mind selling one of our best players.

If we are to go anywhere upwards then we should be keeping him and building a defence around him not the reverse.

I am now totally confused and a bit cross that it appears that I have wasted another 220 Euros on a season card for next year. :1evil.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » ma jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I am upset that Vermaelen is leaving, obviously its a good move for him, but we wont progress at all if we sell our most talented players. I hope we dont lose anymore of our better players, I hope Jol has a little more say in sales now.

On a lighter note, nearly 13 million euros could buy us a nice replacement and help finance some deal for a new striker, lets just pray we keep Luis!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jun 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Here we are on the one hand moaning and groaning about not winning this trophy or that trophy, and then we start saying that we don't mind selling one of our best players.

If we are to go anywhere upwards then we should be keeping him and building a defence around him not the reverse.

I am now totally confused and a bit cross that it appears that I have wasted another 220 Euros on a season card for next year. :1evil.gif:

it is so early in the silly season that we can easily find two players as good or even better than vermaelen for that 13M euros, which is clearly more than he is worth... cripes, johnny left for 10M

actually, landing both suchy and onyewu would cost about 5M in fees = BAM

those two are for from the only defenders that will be had this summer
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma jun 08, 2009 2:35 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Here we are on the one hand moaning and groaning about not winning this trophy or that trophy, and then we start saying that we don't mind selling one of our best players.

it is so early in the silly season that we can easily find two players as good or even better than vermaelen for that 13M euros, which is clearly more than he is worth... cripes, johnny left for 10M
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jun 08, 2009 5:45 pm

As long as we have some sort of good replacemnet set up then i'm all for it...Vermealen was good....but thats about it...he was not great. 13 is a good price and might bring us some luck :ajaxsmiley.gif: I just hope we use the money in a smart way....thats the hard part i guess.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie