Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 26, 2009 9:23 am

I never thought that Jol would even be interested...

This would be remarkable and (in my opinion) a pretty good outcome of our 'quest'.

Martin Jol is a very capable manager and a good character. Definitely a 'boss' in the true sense.

K.
Still alive...

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di mei 26, 2009 10:36 am

I am a Spurs fan as well as an Ajax fan (strangely no Jewish connection for me lol) Down at the Spurs, we are finally happy with Harry Redknapp, but only we know the pain and anger that we felt when our stupid board decided to sack the best coach we've had in my living memory. Martin Jol, a legend in our eyes, passionate as hell ( he once called each and every Spurs player a F***ing C*** after a shock cup defeat), and good at man management, we never wanted him to leave....if he was to come to the other club in my life I couldnt be happier! (unless we got Co)

Jol would be a good choice!!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 10:59 am

Spurs were crazy to get rid of him. They nearly pipped Arsenal for 4th place didn't they? Wasn't that the season Spurs got food poisoning had to play a game which they lost and it cost them 4th !!! (Ajaxfanuk will confirm this)

I think this would be a good signing and I see no problem with him bringing in his own assistant.I too am surprised of his interest as he has said he wants to go back to EPL.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di mei 26, 2009 11:23 am

SPL schreef:Spurs were crazy to get rid of him. They nearly pipped Arsenal for 4th place didn't they? Wasn't that the season Spurs got food poisoning had to play a game which they lost and it cost them 4th !!! .
Yup that is correct the entire squad got food poisoning just before the last game of the season, we duly lost because we had to stick out a bunch of substandard reserves and a couple of first teamers that all vomited profusley at half time, and it cost us our Champions League place...cue the conspiracies in the press about Arsenal doing it to us hahah. I remember he was linked with the Ajax job in 2004 just after he became our manager and he said it was too early to leave Spurs but he would be honoured to manage Ajax one day. So hopefully these rumours are true, if he can get a team like Spurs to 5th in the EPL winning the Eredivisie should be a piece of cake...unless Feyenoord try and poison our cake.... :biggrin.gif:
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 26, 2009 11:54 am

German papers (as well as Hamburg fans) are writing about it as if it's a done deal already...

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/home/sport.html

K.
Still alive...

jamie

Bericht door jamie » di mei 26, 2009 11:59 am

He would not be my number one candidate however he is a choice that I can certainly life with. Welcome to Ajax Martin :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » di mei 26, 2009 12:04 pm

NOS Teletekst also confirms that Ajax and Jol have an agreement. It's now between Ajax and HSV.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 26, 2009 1:34 pm

I get both EPL and Bundesliga matches here in the US. I've followed Jol since he was at Tottenham and this past season at Hamburg. He's a very capable manager and I can understand his frustration at Hamburg. The are concerned more about the financial line than taking small risks at keeping key players. They could have extended Van Der Vaart's contract but did not and were forced to transfer him lest they see him go on a Bosman. Similarly they let Ivan Olic go to Bayern, again without getting anything in return. At Ajax Jol will have funds to bring in players and I think this will prove to be a good fit for him.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mei 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Not so sure that Ajax and Hamburg will find an agreement though.
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di mei 26, 2009 3:41 pm

I think it's a bit weird if we didn't go after Olsen and it was a smoke screen.

I would much much more prefer Jol over Blind, although I would prefer others over Jol. I think he's a good choice in that he will lead and handle the players without much bullshit. Even though I think that's the right thing, I just fear the board and fans will become impatient with him before his first year is up (although that might be true of any coach).

Honestly, at this point, I hope it works out with Jol so we can move forward with the summer (without Blind being coach).
AFCA

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » di mei 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Dutch media announce that the deal is done: Jol is our man for the next three seasons!
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di mei 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Duke schreef:Dutch media announce that the deal is done: Jol is our man for the next three seasons!
True? Hooray! Best news of the day/week/month!!! :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

And speaking of Ajax managers, there's a feature on Jack Reynolds on the Grimsby Telegraph website (understandably written from a fairly Mariner-centric perspective):

http://www.sportgrimsby.co.uk/football/ ... hp?ID=8585
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di mei 26, 2009 4:01 pm

If the Dutch media is right, Jol will be presented to the press on thursday @ 16.00 hrs.

Great job Rik (van den Boog)!!!!!!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di mei 26, 2009 4:02 pm

God help us all.

We'll have a great six or seven months and then it will all go to shit.

Welcome, Koeman mk. II.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 26, 2009 4:05 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:If the Dutch media is right, Jol will be presented to the press on thursday @ 16.00 hrs.

Great job Rik (van den Boog)!!!!!!
It could have been a lot worse. I would have preferred Co over Jol, but I'll happily take this. Anything over Danny Blind.

I'm just relieved it's over.

:onfire.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :onfire.gif:
:tifoajax.gif: :tifoajax.gif: :tifoajax.gif: :tifoajax.gif:
:afca.gif: :afca.gif: :afca.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di mei 26, 2009 4:08 pm

O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm happy.

Yeah. I'm pretty damn' satisfied, actually.

Nice one.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mei 26, 2009 4:16 pm

bryan schreef:God help us all.

We'll have a great six or seven months and then it will all go to shit.

Welcome, Koeman mk. II.
That's a wee bit negative Bryan. I think Jol has shown that he has all the qualities to be an excellent coach, successful at RKC and Spurs and certainly not a failure at Hamburg. A Much better coach that the Cowman.......

Welcome Martin :ajaxscarf.gif:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mei 26, 2009 4:16 pm

As you say - would have preferred Co but still very pleased with Jol.

I feel a little bit more confident now about the future of Ajax that he has been appointed.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di mei 26, 2009 4:43 pm

As a Spurs fan.....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Very good news . We get an experienced Dutchman who is not an Ajax man and more important someone who has not coached here before.Sorry but I was never excited about bringing back Olsen or even Co and certainly not Blind.There is only one ex coach I would want back and he of course is now at
Bayern.

Let us all hope that Martin Jol stays longer than a year and brings the title home to Amsterdam.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di mei 26, 2009 5:51 pm

In a scale of 1 to 10 i think Jol was a 7 on my list....about the same as Olsen so i can live with it. Welcome Martin :ajaxsmiley.gif: :blub.gif:

( Co and Van Gaal were 9-10...Blind was a 3 and koeman is a -1 )
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mei 26, 2009 7:51 pm

This is 100% fine with me. Always thought him a good coach, and he looks like he could beat the living shit out of you if he wanted too, which might help wake up a few of the lazy arse players. I wouldn't have minded Olsen, but I really didn't think Jol would come, so this is a nice surprise.

Good job Ajax. A positive start to the new season imho.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » di mei 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Jol has always made the teams he coached better. Not too many coaches can say that.

He played for ADO/Den Haag, just like Advocaat. As a player he even made the Dutch national team. Not too many ADO players can say that...

Seems like someone who can get the most out of modest means. I'm starting to think that Ajax will not underperform next season. Normally speaking, that should translate into a championship.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:Seems like someone who can get the most out of modest means. I'm starting to think that Ajax will not underperform next season. Normally speaking, that should translate into a championship.
One can dream. It's sad that this is the best thing that can be said about Ajax at the moment.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie