Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Well, if it's the same crap that said Huntelaar would sign there for 25 millions euros, there's no reason to worry...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 23, 2008 7:26 pm

SPL schreef:...
Main point of my posting is asking for comments about DB coming here.
Due to my total love of DB I cannot comment on this without being biased :smallgrin.gif:

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » do nov 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Just read in a newspaper about Dennis Bergkamp joining Portsmouth as an assistant coach. Bergkamp nad Adams played together for a long time. Can anyone conirm this?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do nov 06, 2008 6:13 pm

He didn't asked him yet, but he will.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 54,00.html

I just want to say this to Adams: f*** off. :1evil.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 06, 2008 7:02 pm

I think Adams would have asked him last week. All this is simply Adams being asked about Denis and saying he would like him but I have not spoken to him. DB will have moved his family over to Amsterdam and must have comitted himself to a min 2 years at Ajax as that is how long it usually takes to qualify. If Pompey have a losing streak then Adams will be out before the end of the season.

If DB wanted a job in UK Wenger would surely have given him one .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Opened the paper today first thing I see Tony Adams confirms DB is not joining Pompey. Surprise surprise!! Chances of that happening were nil .

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za nov 15, 2008 10:27 am

BERGKAMP INTERESTED IN AJAX ROLE

Dennis Bergkamp could take up the role of Ajax youth coach next season.

The 39-year-old has been learning the trade in Amsterdam this term alongside boss Marco van Basten as he takes his coaching badges.

"There are possibilities at Ajax. We must see how things will work out," Bergkamp told depers.nl with regard to next term.

The former Ajax, Inter Milan and Arsenal forward is enjoying seeing training from a different angle now his playing days are over.

"And that gives satisfaction," he said. "It's fun to see things from the other side now."

Bergkamp, who has been working with both the youth-team and first-team squads at Ajax, added: "Normally I trained, but now I see how a training is achieved.

"You start thinking about football in a different way

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 11, 2009 9:02 am

One of Ajax's 'individual skill coaches', former left winger Simon Tahamata, will leave Ajax at season's end. Saudi-Arabia's Al-Ahly offered him a job - and he's up for the adventure. Good for him. He will probably make loads of money there. Shame he's leaving, though.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Rooie » ma mar 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Interview (in Dutch) with Dennis Bergkamp, Ajax TV, with some nice footage of him playing in the Ajax jersey:
http://ajax.aegon.nl/index.php?id=1&video=18755

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 08, 2009 11:27 am

Adrie Koster is leaving to take over Club Brugge. They are the no 3 team in Belgium so good luck to him.
He had offers from other dutch clubs but headline states it was either Brugge or Jong Ajax.Can only say
lucky guy he leaves beautiful Amsterdam for the equally beautiful city of Brugge.

Who will take over ? Winter will likely stay and he could have Frank de Boer with Denis Bergkamp taking over the A1 or both.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » wo apr 08, 2009 11:30 am

Winter is out of contract at the end of this season and it's uncertain if he'll be offered a contract extension. Danny Blind stated that Koster's successor will be announced shortly.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 08, 2009 12:45 pm

I don't Winter will ever coach Ajax-1. I can't see him developing into a top drawer manager.

Adrie Koster is not good enough for Ajax-1, but a decent field coach for the reserves. Perfectly replaceable, though.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 08, 2009 1:51 pm

BTW what has become of Richard Witschge ?
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

philippe schreef:BTW what has become of Richard Witschge ?
I believe I read recently that he tore his Achilles during training with the players. I think it was within the last week or two. I'm not sure, but he's probably been recovering and that's why he hasn't been around.
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 08, 2009 4:39 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:
philippe schreef:BTW what has become of Richard Witschge ?
I believe I read recently that he tore his Achilles during training with the players. I think it was within the last week or two. I'm not sure, but he's probably been recovering and that's why he hasn't been around.
That's Robbie, who's in Marco van Basten's staff. Richard's older brother.

No idea what Richard is uo to. So far he doesn't seem to have serious coaching ambitions.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo apr 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
That's Robbie, who's in Marco van Basten's staff. Richard's older brother.

No idea what Richard is uo to. So far he doesn't seem to have serious coaching ambitions.

K.
Too many Witschges, not enough coffee

:ajaxsmiley.gif:
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 17, 2009 7:15 am

Young Ajax head coach Adrie Koster will move to Club Brugge in Belgium. His assistant, Aron Winter, will also leave De Toekomst, so he told newspaper De Telegraaf. "After three years at Young Ajax it's time for a change. I could have stayed. Ajax were satisfied, but I want a new challenge. I'm ambitious, I want to work as a head-coach, as an assistant at a major club or at the KNVB."

So, an entirely new coaching staff for Young Ajax, next season. I'm not worried. Both Koster and Winter are perfectly replaceable, imo.

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr apr 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Ajax has offered Winston Bogarde a function as personal/individual defense-trainer for youth players. Difficult personality, but a solid defender.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 06, 2009 3:17 pm

I wonder what will happen to John van 't Schip and Rob Witschge, Van Basten's assistants.

They're not leaving Ajax yet (Ajax have announced that Van 't Schip will do the honours against Twente), but we're talking about a group of mates here. Van Basten composed his own staff and insisted on his two old mates.

I don't think they will still be there at the start of the new season, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo mei 06, 2009 3:30 pm

I don't think they will be here and they probably shouldn't be.

Seems like every May we need a full clean-out of staff and executives.
AFCA

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr mei 08, 2009 1:22 pm

the english media is talking up steve mcclaren for our job... which actually might not be the worst idea considering his skill at working with young players and his motivational skills
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 11, 2009 6:05 am

Much to my satisfaction our general director, Rik van den Boog, seems keen on Co Adriaanse and not as much on Rijkaard. First talks with the number one candidate: this week (said Danny Blind).

I'm starting to like the guy (Van den Boog, that is). Seems straight and competent. An okay dude.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mei 11, 2009 11:10 am

Taken from:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ajax-rul ... d--187136/
====
Ajax director Rik van den Boog has ruled Frank Rijkaard out of the running to become the club's new coach.

Rijkaard, who served the Amsterdammers with distinction as a player, has been out of work since leaving Barcelona at the end of last season.

Speculation in Holland has linked him with the vacancy created by Marco van Basten's resignation last week but Van den Boog believes the former AC Milan midfielder is not interested in a move to the ArenA.

"We understand that Frank Rijkaard wants to do something else, so he is not an option for us," he told Sportweek.

Van den Boog also revealed that a coach in the mould of Louis van Gaal is what they are looking for.

He added: "It must be a coach who we can put in front of the group as soon as possible.

"He must have great coaching and motivational capacities and he must be able to make younger players more consistent. Both individual and as a team.

"He doesn't need to have an Ajax background. We want someone who has the right qualities for this group.

"We want a type such as Van Gaal but I read that he will join Bayern Munich."

Co Adriaanse appears to fit the bill, according to Van den Boog, who said: "We find him a good coach, that's a fact. He is a Van Gaal type of coach and he is available."

Adriaanse was in charge of Ajax during the 2000-2001 season before being sacked and replaced by Ronald Koeman.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mei 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Rijkaard is named to be coach of Man. City. Any England resident can confirm that rumour?

Back to Ajax, it's starting to add up and it seems Co Adriaanse is the number one pick.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Just the press. If Man City are not in Europe, which is looking likley I do not see them getting any big named coach or players.

Plaats reactie