'The Boss': Marco van Basten

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Re: 'The Boss': Marco van Basten

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo mei 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Seems like honourable thing to do but it does leave the club in one hell of a mess
philippe schreef:Seems to me that it's time to stop that boycot Ajax - FC Twente nonsense.
Sorry but its up to the individual whether they wish to attend this match. I never listen to the supporters representatives anyway so I dont even know if there is an organised boycott. But as a personal choice I will not be wasting my time this Sunday for a totally meaningless game especially to watch a team of players with no backbone whatsoever
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Precisely. I'm not going. I'm boycotting the players for letting in ten goals in the last 180 minutes of football outside of Amsterdam.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo mei 06, 2009 2:03 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Seems like honourable thing to do but it does leave the club in one hell of a mess
philippe schreef:Seems to me that it's time to stop that boycot Ajax - FC Twente nonsense.
Sorry but its up to the individual whether they wish to attend this match. I never listen to the supporters representatives anyway so I dont even know if there is an organised boycott. But as a personal choice I will not be wasting my time this Sunday for a totally meaningless game especially to watch a team of players with no backbone whatsoever
100% correct my colonial pal. I have paid for flights and a hotel and I really cannot be arsed to fly over to watch a meaningless match played by a bunch of w*nkers at a club that is run by a worthless load of wasters.

Roll on next year though when we will play expansive football, not lose a match and ..........................
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Well now that Van Basten has quit Ajax, what are the speculations of which new coach that will replace him?
I think we have run out of quality candidates to be honest. Sadly One would argue there wasnt any to begin with. Those who are disillusioned and think Ajax can snap up a top notch coach should wake up because of the following:-

Frank Rijkaard = Milan Bound
Louis Van Gaal = Likely to stay at AZ
Guus Hiddink = Now you are asking for heaven on earth

Realistic Candidates:-

Groningens Ron Jans?
Clubless Huub Stevens?
Another former Ajax legend?

The latter is the most likeliest to fill the flops of Ajax legends seen below

......................................... Van Basten ...............................................................
........................................ Jan Wouters ..............................................................
..................................... Blind Koeman ........................................................

Future candidates include, Reiziger, F. de Boer, R. de Boer, Overmars, Bergkamp and Seedorf. I highly doubt that any of them are capable of sending Ajax to the dizzy heights of European Oddyssy.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mei 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Ayman schreef:Well now that Van Basten has quit Ajax, what are the speculations of which new coach that will replace him?
I think we have run out of quality candidates to be honest. Sadly One would argue there wasnt any to begin with. Those who are disillusioned and think Ajax can snap up a top notch coach should wake up because of the following:-

Frank Rijkaard = Milan Bound
Louis Van Gaal = Likely to stay at AZ
Guus Hiddink = Now you are asking for heaven on earth

Realistic Candidates:-

Groningens Ron Jans?
Clubless Huub Stevens?
Another former Ajax legend?

The latter is the most likeliest to fill the flops of Ajax legends seen below

......................................... Van Basten ...............................................................
........................................ Jan Wouters ..............................................................
..................................... Blind Koeman ........................................................

Future candidates include, Reiziger, F. de Boer, R. de Boer, Overmars, Bergkamp and Seedorf. I highly doubt that any of them are capable of sending Ajax to the dizzy heights of European Oddyssy.

Stevens? Hiddink? No way... those are psv written all over it.

Likely candidate:

1. Co Adriaanse
2. Don't know an other option at this time.....

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo mei 06, 2009 2:25 pm

How about Mr Jol from Hamburg?

(Just trying to prove that I am not Co's agent)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Co Adriaanse.

And some good foreigners are available, too. Le Guen and Ragnick, for example.

Foppe de Haan, perhaps.

Frank Rijkaard would be the next Koeman: he can make a winning line-up of great players, but not a 'builder'. I hope they won't sign him, but Ajax will probably call him first.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Co Adriaanse.

And some good foreigners are available, too. Le Guen ....., for example.

K.
You can not be serious about Le Guen. :1evil.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ajaxx

Bericht door ajaxx » wo mei 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Van Basten resigns

06 May 2009

Marco van Basten has informed CEO Rik van den Boog that he has decided to resign as head coach of Ajax. He cites as the main reason that he has come to the conclusion that he has not achieved his goals and that he does not have the feeling that he is capable of improving next season.
The remaining training sessions and the final match will be under the guidance of assitant coach John van ’t Schip.

Van Basten (44) started as Ajax's head coach on 1 July 2008. Before that, he was the Holland coach for four years and coach of Young Ajax for one season.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it is bad for the club, they must give him an other year, but the pressure is too high.

Greetz

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Press-conference at 17:00 CET.

Van Basten will be there himself to tell his story.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Re-posting...
Ayman schreef:To Be Honest I wouldnt say no to Co Adriaanse, however if he did sign for Ajax he will only be in for the short term, however bare in mind Co is older now, I dont think he would want a headache of clearing the mess at the amsterdam arena. As for Le Guen, I severely doubt it. My first choice would be Martin Jol, although that is highly unlikely, since he is on brink of european silverware with Hamburg
(Ayman, you posted this in the Ajax History thread... probably clicked the wrong thread... no worries.)

K.
Still alive...

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Well, crap. This isn't exactly a shocker, but barring a miracle (i.e., the return of Van Gaal), I fear the club is basically back to square one. (AGAIN.)

Perhaps the last couple of weeks made this inevitable, but I still believe as a general rule that a manager needs more than one full season before his qualities can really be assessed.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mei 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Less than one season...

F*ck me.

K.
Bound to happen. We are fucking hopeless as supporters. Seriously. We have no patience. We demand attacking football, even without the players to do it. Two losses in a row, we call for the boards head. We get a new player he plays 1 bad game, the whistles start. I'm sick of this shit.

I really wanted vB to succeed. I want Ajax to win the league. But until we get some decent players, and a coach that knows what to do with them, it might take awhile.

Who will we get now? Ajax is making me depressed :aai.gif:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mei 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Co Adriaanse.

And some good foreigners are available, too. Le Guen and Ragnick, for example.

Foppe de Haan, perhaps.

Frank Rijkaard would be the next Koeman: he can make a winning line-up of great players, but not a 'builder'. I hope they won't sign him, but Ajax will probably call him first.

K.
I say again, and again, Rijkaard @ Sparta!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo mei 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Yeah, unfortunately I don't like the position this leaves us in now, just puts us back to where we were at the start of last season, and the season before that, and two seasons before that. Expect another few years before we're competing for anything if we're lucky and the executives don't fuck up too much.

Van Basten took over, what in July, August? And he's gone at the beginning of May. I think his decision says more than anything, and I'm curious to hear what else he has to say. I don't think he has much dedication, not that he necessarily should, but it's frustrating if he pretends to.

Regardless, the season was over and we need to look forward to next season. We need to not lose any key players and buy some in the weak positions. As for a new coach, I like Foppe de Haan, although I don't know if he's the person to take over in a crisis. I think he would be a good long-term coach and he's proven he can work with young players, which is I think where we need to focus. Co would be good too, although I fear either would be gone this time next year too :drecul.gif:
AFCA

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mei 06, 2009 3:39 pm

DanK schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Less than one season...

F*ck me.

K.
Bound to happen. We are fucking hopeless as supporters. Seriously. We have no patience. We demand attacking football, even without the players to do it. Two losses in a row, we call for the boards head. We get a new player he plays 1 bad game, the whistles start. I'm sick of this shit.

I really wanted vB to succeed. I want Ajax to win the league. But until we get some decent players, and a coach that knows what to do with them, it might take awhile.

Who will we get now? Ajax is making me depressed :aai.gif:
Well, we do want attacking football, but the fans can tell the difference between utter shit, or promising signs.

Under Van Basten, there were no signs of improvement.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 06, 2009 3:51 pm

mako schreef: I still believe as a general rule that a manager needs more than one full season before his qualities can really be assessed.
I fully agree.
And I'm convinced that our problem is more about players than about the coach.
We keep attracting players telling them that after 2 or 3 seasons with Ajax they will be hired by Real or likes, and they do not give a shit about a home league game against Sparta or Volendam.
After hunting down Blind, a few fans got van Basten down.
What for ?
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo mei 06, 2009 4:01 pm

philippe schreef: After hunting down Blind, a few fans got van Basten down.
What for ?
Because we thought that he wouldn't make it as a coach at Ajax.

Would have been nice if he could have had more time but as I say all the bad signs were there to say that he wasn't good enough.

When Van Basten took over last year he knew that the Ajax coaches job is a bloody hard job for even the most talented never mind the ones that aren't at that level. The pressure is immense to produce results and good football at the same time, and in this he failed and it seemed that he wouldn't be able to turn it around.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 06, 2009 4:13 pm

my question was not "why ?" but "what for ?"
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo mei 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Last words of Van Basten as ajacied, live : http://www1.at5.nl/media/stream.asp
:aai.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Would have been nice if he could have had more time but as I say all the bad signs were there to say that he wasn't good enough.
You may indeed be right about MvB, but under these conditions it's no wonder players move on as soon as they can - there's no real interest in building for the long term, no sense of institutional or individual loyalty. Until there's some stability in the management, you can't expect to keep your good players around (and maybe not even then, of course, given the huge sums of money being thrown at them).

Man, do I sound like a dinosaur or what? :blush.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Last words of Van Basten as ajacied, live : http://www1.at5.nl/media/stream.asp
:aai.gif:
Bloody hell ! Marco will always be an Ajacied !
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo mei 06, 2009 4:31 pm

philippe schreef:my question was not "why ?" but "what for ?"
Thought this was one and the same................. he wasn't good enough at being the coach at Ajax.

acab

Bericht door acab » wo mei 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Моre time for Van Basten? No F*ckin' way. It was about time for him to resign. The weak coach is a weak coaxh, no matther how many seasons he"ll be in charge. How many years is Guardiola in charge in Barca? 10-15? no 1, and he'll win CL. It's true, he had a squad full of stars, but who wants from our new coach to win The CL? Eredivisie is enough. Van Gaal or Co Adriaanse would win it with the same playres. i don't think Az' palyers are better than ours. to score goals is not like you really understand the game. Tactics, style, this is only on the one side. On the other is relations with the players, psyhology, and so many other things. Marco never really understood this.
I hope Co will come now. He left Salzburg, so what are we waiting for?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo mei 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Quote from Ajax.nl:-

"He cites as the main reason that he has come to the conclusion that he has not achieved his goals and that he does not have the feeling that he is capable of improving next season."

Give the guy respect for honesty.

Gesloten