Injured Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » zo mar 08, 2009 12:23 pm

SPL schreef:I 'll post it here but there is good and bad news on injuries. Siem de Jong is nearly fit and I expect him to play on Monday for the reserves. Also just fit after missing all season is Jan-Arie Van der Heijden. I believe he might have appeared last Monday for the reserves but was sick.Great news that he is nearly ready again and I also believe Mitcheel Donald , who has also missed all season is nearinng full fitness.

Bad news , Anita, Enoh and Kennedy have missed training over the last 2 days and with Steks not 100% fit Gentenaar has a knee injury.
Ajax don't have an exhausting schedule - both in terms of quality of opposition and volume of games - so why do Ajax players seem to pick-up so many injuries?

Does it say something about the quality of sports science staff at Ajax?
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » zo mar 08, 2009 12:27 pm

It's been this way for years and years and with different staffs. So, we probably just have injury prone players or it might have something to do with the pitch and training pitch.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 08, 2009 5:16 pm

3 players, 4 if you count Gentenaar, have picked up injuries in training this week.There must be something wrong in that!!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo mar 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Gabri and Vertonghen have returned to training. A good sign in Vertonghen's case as the initial injury seemed like it could have had him out longer. Definitely two players that add a lot to this squad.
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 26, 2009 2:55 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:Gabri and Vertonghen have returned to training. A good sign in Vertonghen's case as the initial injury seemed like it could have had him out longer. Definitely two players that add a lot to this squad.
We have a very crowded midfield. Personally, I'd like to see Gabri, Enoh and Aissatti play together.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do mar 26, 2009 5:28 pm

aveslacker schreef: Personally, I'd like to see Gabri, Enoh and Aissatti play together.
Me too!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mar 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Me 3. :ajaxscarf.gif:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Re: Injured Players

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Lindgren Vertonghen and Gabri all appear to be fit for Roda leaving just 2 officially injured( well Gentenaar has a bad back but I do not count him). The 2 youngsters who were injured pre season with Donald now training and Jan-Arie Van der Heijden is now fit and hopefully it would be nice to see him play some of tomorrows friendly between Ajax young and Ajax Saturday amatuers.

I just hope we do not get any injuries in the internationals. Al I have seen so far is that Anita was injured and did not play for the U21 team last Friday.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 31, 2009 5:36 pm

Vertonghen Gabri and Jan-Arie are all playing in tonights reserve friendly

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 01, 2009 7:23 am

SPL schreef:Vertonghen Gabri and Jan-Arie are all playing in tonights reserve friendly
Didn't know that. Very good news. Thanks for posting!

K.
Still alive...

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » wo apr 01, 2009 11:39 am

Gabri scored, en he and Vertonghen should be ready to join the first squad this weekend.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 08, 2009 11:30 am

I see Official site lists Kennedy and Gentenaar as still injured. Neither have played any footy in the last
month. Sadly do not think anyone cares as neither will wear an Ajax shirt again.

Plaats reactie