The Future of the 'Away Fan'

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do feb 19, 2009 9:36 am

Shame really. But guess you can't really teach idiots without punishing the whole group
Get a Cock

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do feb 19, 2009 9:55 am

ajaxusa schreef:No more away fans at Ajax - Feyenoord clashes
February 18, 2009

Matches between Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam will be played without away fans for the coming five years. This was announced on Wednesday. (Soccernews.com)

Wow... That's just.... sad.
What were the irregularities?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

ajaxusa schreef:No more away fans at Ajax - Feyenoord clashes
February 18, 2009

Matches between Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam will be played without away fans for the coming five years. This was announced on Wednesday. (Soccernews.com)

Wow... That's just.... sad.
1980 called they want their hooligans back.

I agree, this is very sad.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 19, 2009 3:37 pm

As I mentioned in the match thread, this is bullshit and I hope the decision is reversed.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 19, 2009 6:18 pm

A stupid and rather dangerous idea : some hard core fans could decide to attend the away games anyway, and sit anywhere among the home fans.
Or get near the stadium without any card.
A recipe for serious troubles.

AMSTERDAM - Volgens de teleurgestelde Feyenoord-aanhang zal het laten spelen van de voetbalklassieker zonder uitpubliek alleen maar voor extra problemen gaan zorgen. Temeer omdat het risico dan aanwezig is dat de fans zelf losse kaarten gaan regelen waardoor rivaliserende supporters bij elkaar in één vak komen te zitten.
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do feb 19, 2009 6:36 pm

philippe schreef:A stupid and rather dangerous idea : some hard core fans could decide to attend the away games anyway, and sit anywhere among the home fans.
Or get near the stadium without any card.
A recipe for serious troubles.
Yep, the Police over here have learnt the hard way that's it's much better to have the morons in the stadium where they can be controlled rather than roaming the streets outside.

How are they going to stop people travelling? I'm sure they can have some sort of banning orders in place so known hooligans have to report at a Police Station while the match is playing (as happens here) but both these teams enjoy nationwide support in Holland - are they just going to set up barricades all over the country or build new city walls with checkpoints around Amsterdam and Rotterdam on matchday? The other problem is that I'm sure that some of the troublemakers don't actually have Police records for football violence so are they going to be placing some sort of travel restriction on unconvicted (in law innocent) people?

Most people would have supported some sort of system that stops the known nut-jobs from travelling but this just lumps everyone into the same basket and quite possibly just creates more antipathy towards the Police/Authorities in individuals where none existed before.

Very very sad :confused.gif:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie