Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 09, 2008 12:09 pm

It probably isn't.

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di dec 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Here is info on the Babel story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 66,00.html

Bojan?! I'd rather have him. Getting him on loan would be great! Where did that rumor come from?

BTW, Juande Ramos has succeeded Shuster at Real. Interesting for KJH to come to a different coach as Shuster was so high on him.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di dec 09, 2008 4:57 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:Here is info on the Babel story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 66,00.html

Bojan?! I'd rather have him. Getting him on loan would be great! Where did that rumor come from?

BTW, Juande Ramos has succeeded Shuster at Real. Interesting for KJH to come to a different coach as Shuster was so high on him.

Yeah I just read the Babel story, it won't happen, but that's what happens when you leave for one of the biggest clubs. I think it's interesting Babel wanted to come back here, says something good about the club. Doesn't seem that many young players think they'll be on the bench when they leave Ajax for a bigger club. Can't see Bojan coming here either, I don't think he'll even be loaned out to anyone.

I also don't think we need Tuyp or Vennegoor of Hesselink. I think Mido would actually be the best of those 3 if we were going to get one of those strikers. I think a move out the EPL would be good for him and he still seems talented enough to make a difference with this squad.

That is interesting for Huntelaar, I don't think it will happen, but hopefully he avoids something like what happened to Maduro.
AFCA

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm

I agree, I don't think that Barca would loan out Bojan. Especially after Eto was injured for so long not too long ago.

Hesselink is good for the Scottish league which is pretty physical, even though he made his name at PSV. I think that he would rather not come back to Holland and that he could maybe move on to the Bundesliga or a mid to low table team in the EPL.

I don't see Mido coming back either. We basically ruined his budding career by sticking him to the reserves after he was not acting like a professional. He went on to Celta where he did nothing, Spurs where he was a reserve player after a bright start and he is having a mediocre time at Boro. He was good as a pair with Zlatan but other than that...nothing worth taking him back to cause problems.

Speaking of Former Ajax players, I have heard rumors that Toronto FC's coach, John Carver who used to be at Newcastle is looking at bringing in Patrick Klueivert. I think he is pretty washed up by now, but he did win us the 95 CL!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 09, 2008 7:08 pm

Babel went too early and I doubt many of us thought he would get a
starting role for Liverpool. If he came back for the rest of the season ok but it wont happen. As for Tuyp Vennegor and fat old Mido , who has been crap ever since he left us No way.

Bojan would be nice .

dws

Bericht door dws » di dec 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Tuijp has everything Ajax need in a central striker; strength, technique, ball control, positional sense, and good finishing. However, is it not the case that Tuijp is on loan from Groningen to Volendam? If this is so, I would think that Volendam would be able to insist that he remain with them for the specified period of the loan.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 09, 2008 11:07 pm

I saw where Tuijp was at Groningen several years ago, but I thought the loan was from Volendam to Groningen. I know Volendam haven't been an offensive juggernaut in the Eredivisie , either this year or on their recent promotions, but Tuijp's goal scoring numbers at top level , 51 games and 11 goals, don't scream out that he is the answer. I know he was 58 in 116 , all numbers from a thread on Ajax Netwerk, in the Eerste Divisie, but I'm not blown away by the 25 year old.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

dws

Bericht door dws » wo dec 10, 2008 12:53 am

Blind3 schreef:I saw where Tuijp was at Groningen several years ago, but I thought the loan was from Volendam to Groningen. I know Volendam haven't been an offensive juggernaut in the Eredivisie , either this year or on their recent promotions, but Tuijp's goal scoring numbers at top level , 51 games and 11 goals, don't scream out that he is the answer. I know he was 58 in 116 , all numbers from a thread on Ajax Netwerk, in the Eerste Divisie, but I'm not blown away by the 25 year old.
Seems he moved from Volendam to Grun and then back again(no loan involved).

Why judge a player on statistics alone?

I can only judge him based on what I have seen this season , and on that basis I can honestly say he appears to be a much more suitable candidate for central striker than any of the players Ajax currently has at its disposal.

ps: 4 goals from 14 shots at goal this season - nice little stat. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 10, 2008 2:27 am

Yeah, he went back home to Volendam because he couldn't crack it at Groningen...

he was prolific in the First Division last season, and he's definitely Volendam's only hope this season, but is he Ajax material...? I don't think so.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 10, 2008 9:56 am

[quote="Cedric_AeF"]Babel? Vennegoor? Tuyp? Mido? :1evil.gif:
It can't be serious, right?[/quote]

I would tend to think that P$V take Babel seriously, at least since yesterday evening.
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do dec 11, 2008 5:19 pm

More rumors about Bojan coming here on loan on Goal.com (it almost seems like half of their stories are things discussed here the day before).

I just don't see Barca letting him go at all, or us having him on a deal which isn't permanent it doesn't make sense for the clubs.
AFCA

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma dec 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Austrian Hit Man Janko Attracts Ajax Interest

Eredivisie giants Ajax are reportedly interested in signing prolific striker Marc Janko...
Austrian international Marc Janko has reportedly attracted the interest of Amsterdam outfit Ajax with his string of outstanding performances for Red Bull Salzburg.

The 25-year-old striker has already scored 30 league goals in 20 appearances for the table toppers of the Austrian league.

According to Salzburger Nachrichten, Ajax are ready to table a €10 million offer for the highly rated attacker, whose situation is also being closely monitored by several Bundesliga sides.

However, Red Bull Salzburg are reluctant to let go of their star player and it remains to be seen if they allow Janko to leave before the end of the season even if a huge offer comes in.

Janko, who recently won the Austrian footballer of the year award, only needs twelve more league goals in the remaining fifteen matches to erase the legendary Hans Krankl from the record books.

The former Rapid Vienna striker scored 41 league goals in the 1977/1978 season

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Now THERE'S the defender we've been looking for. :kots:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » ma dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Van basten schreef:Austrian Hit Man Janko Attracts Ajax Interest

Eredivisie giants Ajax are reportedly interested in signing prolific striker Marc Janko...
Austrian international Marc Janko has reportedly attracted the interest of Amsterdam outfit Ajax with his string of outstanding performances for Red Bull Salzburg.

The 25-year-old striker has already scored 30 league goals in 20 appearances for the table toppers of the Austrian league.

According to Salzburger Nachrichten, Ajax are ready to table a €10 million offer for the highly rated attacker, whose situation is also being closely monitored by several Bundesliga sides.

However, Red Bull Salzburg are reluctant to let go of their star player and it remains to be seen if they allow Janko to leave before the end of the season even if a huge offer comes in.

Janko, who recently won the Austrian footballer of the year award, only needs twelve more league goals in the remaining fifteen matches to erase the legendary Hans Krankl from the record books.

The former Rapid Vienna striker scored 41 league goals in the 1977/1978 season
These are absolutely mindblowing statistics in modern football. He would certainly be worth €10 million even a bit more we should give it a serious go. Never heard of him before however, quite amazing...

My personal scouting contribution would be Edin Džeko of Wolfsburg. Really good physique along with fine technical skills and finishing. Would be quite a challenge to lure him to the ArenA, but i believe that after the season ends it could be possible to move for him.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma dec 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Austrian hit man ? Unless Hans Krankl has found the fountain of youth or Paul Scharner is transferring from Wigan, I'll pass on the Austrians. Yo Marco , D-E-F-E-N-D-E-R , we need a defender.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma dec 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Here are the Marc Janko goals from this season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nDOu_W ... re=related
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Here are the Marc Janko goals from this season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nDOu_W ... re=related
He looks a good strong player, with a real poachers instinct about him. Not totally sure we need another attacking player at the moment though and we do seem to spend rather a lot of time (and money) buying up leading scorers from other leagues without them proving much of a success at Ajax.

Not sure what the fix for that one is (I'm not advocating that we buy bad strikers instead!) but 10m does seem a lot of money to spend on someone who's basically untested (and anyway have we already given up on Cvitanich?)[/u]
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

jackson

Bericht door jackson » di dec 16, 2008 5:41 am

10 million on a 25 yr old Austrian poacher?

Seems like our top 3 needs are:

Attack-minded central mf

Central defender

Right Back

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 16, 2008 6:52 am

You want an Austrian poacher? Find a guy who shoots wild boar and deer out of season. He'll no doubt cost less than 10 mil...and we'll still have $ for the positions as outlined by Jackson.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm

Blind3 schreef:You want an Austrian poacher? Find a guy who shoots wild boar and deer out of season. He'll no doubt cost less than 10 mil...and we'll still have $ for the positions as outlined by Jackson.
Agreed, esp. re midfielder. Jack Bell's soccer column in today's NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/16/sport ... ref=soccer) quotes Janko as saying that his dream is to play in the EPL, and adds that he's being scouted by Blackburn--though yesterday's decision to sack Paul Ince may or may not affect their interest.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » wo dec 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Apprently Twente's Elia and Wielaert are contenders, we do need another good defensive player for sure, we've been lacklustre at the back, we need Stekelenburg back for a start, Vermeer just doesnt cut it though credit where credits due hes been better than i expected. We need another strong defensive player and then our strike team need to get in gear, sulejmani needs to repay his price tag, cvitanich needs to adapt fast. Elia and Wielaert would be nice though....

:anew.gif:
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Wielaert just extended his contract with Twente for 2 1/2 more years.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo dec 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Yeah, I thought Twente pretty much shut us off from Wielart last summer.

I imagine they will try to do the same with Elia.
AFCA

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Orange14 schreef:Wielaert just extended his contract with Twente for 2 1/2 more years.
I read there might be a limited transfer fee (about 3 millions) in this new contract, so that might be a good thing finally....
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do dec 18, 2008 5:22 am

During the last Wielaert saga, I thought any bridges between him and Ajax were burned. In fact, it seemed that Twente wanted nothing to do with Ajax for the forseeable future.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie