General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma okt 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Guys its worse than we thought. I got a copy of FIFA 09 today for the playstation (yes i am a bit of a nerd). First game. Exhibition match Ajax - Feyenoord.

Our % rating 73. Feyenoord 74. I am seriously thinking of returning the game.

:offtopic.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma okt 06, 2008 7:06 pm

DanK schreef:Guys its worse than we thought. I got a copy of FIFA 09 today for the playstation (yes i am a bit of a nerd). First game. Exhibition match Ajax - Feyenoord.

Our % rating 73. Feyenoord 74. I am seriously thinking of returning the game.

:offtopic.gif:
That is quite sad - you should waited a bit longer for PES 2009 instead - much better game IMO and as they have the Eredivisie license blah blah blah

PES 2008 on the PSP is a great game, some of our players are actually much better than in real life but I'm afraid nothing beats Sensible Soccer on the Amiga where you could actually adjust the player atributes yourself within the limits set for the player (ie you could reduce a defenders shooting ability to 0% but increase their tackling/aggression up to around 100% - ah those were the days and I suppose I'm a bit of a nerd too :biggrin.gif: )
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma okt 06, 2008 11:11 pm

FIFA 09 has a fully licensed Eredivisie (and I think has for a few years). I've played this years for the PC and know it does and the last few years did. I know they made some additional changes to try and improve the gameplay, but I still can't help that it feels like a roster update and that's about it. I've preferred FIFA over PES, but I think I'm just getting bored with essentially the same game over the last 10 years. I think if you play it long enough you get to that point.

I'm definitely awaiting the new PES this year, maybe because I haven't played it as much as FIFA over the years. Maybe I'm just getting old... :excited.gif:
AFCA

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di okt 07, 2008 4:29 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:That is quite sad - you should waited a bit longer for PES 2009 instead - much better game IMO and as they have the Eredivisie license blah blah blah

PES 2008 on the PSP is a great game, some of our players are actually much better than in real life but I'm afraid nothing beats Sensible Soccer on the Amiga where you could actually adjust the player atributes yourself within the limits set for the player (ie you could reduce a defenders shooting ability to 0% but increase their tackling/aggression up to around 100% - ah those were the days and I suppose I'm a bit of a nerd too :biggrin.gif: )
No way! I remember Sensible Soccer. That was a classic.

I'm also a fan of PES. You can build a team made up entirely of current and former Ajax players, it's great.

PS. We're on an internet forum so it's safe to assume we're all nerds in one way or another

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di okt 07, 2008 11:21 am

Chugger schreef: PS. We're on an internet forum so it's safe to assume we're all nerds in one way or another
Truer words never spoken!

IMO - FIFA 09 (on PS3 anyway) is great, much, much better than previous years. Played demos of both FIFA 09 and PES 09, both as good as each other. FIFA 09 has full rosters and can be updated weekly as a direct download, so roster changes you can use it. Handy. It also has Martin Tyler so that did it for me :smallgrin.gif:

Man I am a nerd!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr okt 10, 2008 4:44 pm

I love the video of Columbus Crew Captain and US Nat teamer Frankie Hejduk partying and singing with supporters both before and after a recent match. He was suspended for the match . He decided to join a pre - match tailgate and was seen drinking beer and singing supporter songs.

Nice to see not all footballers are aloof 50 thou a week prats.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr okt 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Blind3 schreef:I love the video of Columbus Crew Captain and US Nat teamer Frankie Hejduk partying and singing with supporters both before and after a recent match. He was suspended for the match . He decided to join a pre - match tailgate and was seen drinking beer and singing supporter songs.

Nice to see not all footballers are aloof 50 thou a week prats.
Hejduk is limited in the skill department, but Ajax could learn from his commitment. He might play poorly from time to time, but he always gives 100%.

I admire him for that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » zo okt 12, 2008 9:14 pm

Jesus, what a howler... Scotland's Iwelumo tries to score against Norway

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKBHll8fUc

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma okt 13, 2008 1:39 am

A shame. The inclusion of Iwelumo, along with Steven Fletcher and Sean Maloney , actually had Scotland looking like the more likely of the two sides to grab a winner.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 15, 2008 9:10 pm

This is a true classic from when I was young...

Cambuur Leeuwarden goalkeeper Oscar Zijlstra (who had an absolutely brilliant and absolutely huge moustache) scoring against Willem II with a direct kick. This was in the First Division, back in the 1980s, when not all First Division matches were recorded for TV. This goal happened to be filmed with an amateur camera. Studio Sport really wanted to have it in the show, and they paid the guy good money for the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSdyFhg9A1E

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Great footage. :biggrin.gif: The beaten keeper makes Massimo "The Venetian Blind" Taibbi look like Gordon Banks.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do okt 16, 2008 2:19 pm

That looks familiar. Is there any chance I would have seen that back in Oz years ago?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do okt 16, 2008 6:25 pm

DanK schreef:That looks familiar. Is there any chance I would have seen that back in Oz years ago?
You might have seen some from the English league if not this one. One that springs to mind was from Division 4, a Maidstone Utd home game in about 1989. I tried to find it on the web but couldn't - if anything, even more funny than this one and it's on Danny Baker's "Own Goals and Gaffes" video which I suppose I should :blush.gif: at buying.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do okt 16, 2008 6:39 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
DanK schreef:That looks familiar. Is there any chance I would have seen that back in Oz years ago?
You might have seen some from the English league if not this one. One that springs to mind was from Division 4, a Maidstone Utd home game in about 1989. I tried to find it on the web but couldn't - if anything, even more funny than this one and it's on Danny Baker's "Own Goals and Gaffes" video which I suppose I should :blush.gif: at buying.
It just looks really familiar. I guess I was asking when was this originally released to the public. We used to get of lot of clips from the Dutch league as I was growing up, so I guess its possible.

Either way, damn good goal.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Let's take our free kicks this way from now on:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/276601/ ... ussie.html

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 22, 2008 2:16 am

Absolutely brilliant assist and volley.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 23, 2008 7:11 pm

I see the most overrated football in its history is coming out of semi retirement to spend 2 months with Milan. All this so he can play 5 mins of an England friendly next Feb v Spain. If he does not play during Jan or Feb he may miss such a big game.The last few England games with him coming on for 5 mins when the game has been won has reduced the national game to a farce.

I am not saying Beckham is not a good football at what he does crosses and freekicks but he is overrated. The press over here keep on about him being a great passer, which he is by english standards.

But does not every kid at the Toekomst have to show he can pass a ball before he can do anything else , let alone allowed to wear an Ajax shirt, even at 8 years of age! Something I am not sure English kids have to prove they can do !!!!

PS
( should add kids all over Europe and not just Ajax's)

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma okt 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Gilardino banned for two games for handball

A player banned for handball after reviews of T.V evidence... And why exactly can't they do this for diving? I would think diving could be considered "serious unsporting conduct".

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di okt 28, 2008 9:37 am

Frans schreef:Gilardino banned for two games for handball

A player banned for handball after reviews of T.V evidence... And why exactly can't they do this for diving? I would think diving could be considered "serious unsporting conduct".
All games should be reviewed (properly) for this sort of stuff. The critics will say, you cant do this after the game - rubbish. Once the players and staff get it into their skulls that a player can be suspended for cheating for a few games, it will sink in.

Maybe its growing up with sport that has always had this, but there is NO reason for this not to be introduced into football world wide.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di okt 28, 2008 7:34 pm

If diving is banned, Suarez could be out for the season.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di okt 28, 2008 7:44 pm

He would have been last season, but not this one.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm glad to hear Suarez is better in the diving category. For a club that has been described as "Ajax is art" , diving is pure graffiti at best.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di nov 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Van basten schreef:Anyone readed this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... visie-ajax
You know of course he was born in Alkmar. :drecul.gif:

aveslacker