Nicolae Mitea

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 14, 2006 10:47 am

philippe schreef:and for the CL final ?
I love the optimism Phillipe....let's hope it's not Blind optimism.

btw, of course we will beat Inter, at home at least, I'm going and they owe me that :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 15, 2006 5:29 am

philippe schreef:Mitea was training on his own last week-end, running around the training pitch. Is there any chance to see him in action before the end of the season : for the play-offs and for the CL final ?
Good to know he is returning to form, but i for one would not move Rosenberg out of the left wing, even though i have always said that i prefer too see a player playing in his natural position.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 15, 2006 4:21 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
philippe schreef:Mitea was training on his own last week-end, running around the training pitch. Is there any chance to see him in action before the end of the season : for the play-offs and for the CL final ?
Good to know he is returning to form, but i for one would not move Rosenberg out of the left wing, even though i have always said that i prefer too see a player playing in his natural position.
The best man should play, the future will tell us who it is. And just in case Rosenberg can play on the right side.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 16, 2006 8:51 am

just read he will play again very soon, with Young Ajax : great news ! :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do mar 16, 2006 10:34 am

In fact, he even played yesterday with Jong Ajax, in a friendly against Argon (1-1).
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 04, 2006 3:08 pm

Just read today's training report on Ajax.nl. Our little man is back with the squad. He's getting closer to a return to competitive action. Not quite there yet, but he's on his way.

Good news. Right now, Kenneth Perez is our only natural left footer for the left flank (Babel and Rosenberg are right-footed strikers), so we can use an extra real left winger.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Mitea is back!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 30, 2006 10:11 pm

Mitea returned to competitive action on Monday evening, as Young Ajax drew 4-4 (!) with Young Twente at De Toekomst.

Here's what our little man told ELF ('Eleven') magazine: "I could feel that I've been sidelined for a long time. It is now important for me to be patient just a bit longer, but sometimes it's hard to wait this long, because I know what I'm capable of. Tonight it felt like I played football for the first time."

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma okt 30, 2006 11:37 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Good news. Right now, Kenneth Perez is our only natural left footer for the left flank (Babel and Rosenberg are right-footed strikers), so we can use an extra real left winger.

K.
Ko = Johan Derksen?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 22, 2008 8:59 am

Bad news always comes in threes...

Nicolae Mitea has returned from Romania, he was fit and he and started in yesterday's Young Ajax friendly vs Haarlem, but...

1. he picked up a hamstring injury (*sigh*) and will be out for four to six weeks

2. he's under suspicion of tax fraud (I read something about this, but I can't remember where... was it in Romania or Holland? I don't know...)

3. he's been reportedly told that he can look out for a new club.

This dude's finished at Ajax. Sure thing.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jan 22, 2008 11:49 am

Kowalczyk schreef:2. he's under suspicion of tax fraud (I read something about this, but I can't remember where... was it in Romania or Holland? I don't know...)
This affair concerns mainly Romanian agents, I don't think he his personaly involved : http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-X ... aOPDUzw61Q
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jan 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:This dude's finished at Ajax. Sure thing.

K.
Well, "inevitable" is the word that comes to mind.
Having said that its a shame 'cause I always liked him when he was (rarely) fit.

It will be annoying though if he transfers and starts playing regularly after we've paid him to be in hospital for the last few years. Or rather someone should ask some questions of the medical staff....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Having said that its a shame 'cause I always liked him when he was (rarely) fit.
Yeah, he was a revelation when he first popped up. He was lightning-quick and I think he scored 9 goals in half a season.

There were a few things he still needed to learn: like keeping an eye at team-mates, rather than looking to the ground, and crossing. His crosses were not great yet. But for a little 19 year-old Romanian...? Yeah, I thought he was a spectacular newcomer. I remember being very happy because we finally had a winger who'd score 10 goals a year.

Problem is: even if this one really is his last injury ever, he hasn't developed. His crosses are still poor. He still plays his 'own game' (no eye for what's happening around him). He's been standing still and I'm afraid it's too late to make serious improvement.

He was a talent, but he's a mature footballer now, who never had the chance to become the great player he could have been.

Sad, actually.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 31, 2008 3:15 pm

On the last day of the transfer period Ajax have dissolved the contract of Nicolae Mitea. He is off the payrole and free to go wherever he wants to go.

I adored him when he first appeared on the scene, but he's probably the most injury-prone player Ajax have ever had, so he never really made it, never played enough games and, therefore, didn't develop into the player he could have become.

Sad story.

I wish Mitea well.

K.
Still alive...

Thijs
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2010

Bericht door Thijs » zo aug 31, 2008 3:50 pm

The transfer window will end tomorrow, Ko!
So we'll have still another day to lose Ogararu and Luque....

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Ko

Will we have paid off his contract or will it be like Perez just dissolved with us paying nothing?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 31, 2008 7:22 pm

SPL schreef:Will we have paid off his contract or will it be like Perez just dissolved with us paying nothing?
The latter. It was a mutual agreement to let go of each other, so to say.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 31, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks Ko. glad we did not have to pay him off.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 01, 2008 1:09 am

My lasting memory of Mitea, aside from meeting him twice, will always be his game winner v. PSV in 04. Quick as a whippet to the ball and Waterreus looking sick to his stomach.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » ma sep 01, 2008 8:48 am

He already found himself a new club in Dinamo Bucharest.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Gesloten