Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jun 27, 2008 11:54 am

SPL schreef:Daniel De Ridder is to join Wigan from Birmingham.
I wonder if he ever regretted moving away. Birmingham and Wigan aren't really powerhouses of world football.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm

DanK schreef:
SPL schreef:Daniel De Ridder is to join Wigan from Birmingham.
I wonder if he ever regretted moving away. Birmingham and Wigan aren't really powerhouses of world football.
Well he's not gone to Wigan yet. By the looks of this he's a free agent "contract cancelled" though it does say he could go to the Latics......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 482265.stm
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » ma jun 30, 2008 10:08 pm

BBC with a bad mistake there. Daniel is 24 not already 27.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 02, 2008 10:35 am

Hes joined Wigan. hope he gets some playing time because he has been a sub for 3 seasons since leaving us.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 02, 2008 11:28 am

SPL schreef:Hes joined Wigan. hope he gets some playing time because he has been a sub for 3 seasons since leaving us.
Yeah, I wish him well. I didn't mind de Ridder. Hopefully he can find some consistent form. It's always a shame to see some players careers stall, especially reasonably talented ones. Maybe another case of leaving us too soon?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Celta de Vigo, Birmingham, now Wigan. The grass isn't always greener. But, if the money is greener, his career path will continue to be more the rule than the exception.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo jul 20, 2008 10:21 am

Heitinga scored his first goal for Atletico in friendly game against some Mexican team

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo jul 20, 2008 6:09 pm

Van der Vaart to stay at HSV for one more year
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... t&&cc=5739

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jul 20, 2008 6:36 pm

HSV would only 1.5 million next summer, they should sell him now if they want money.

Can't see why Madrid would need him, maybe Barcelona or Valencia would be a more suitable choice should they want him.
Get a Cock

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma jul 21, 2008 4:05 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:HSV would only 1.5 million next summer, they should sell him now if they want money.

Can't see why Madrid would need him, maybe Barcelona or Valencia would be a more suitable choice should they want him.
With Madrid it's more a case of wanting than needing. I think he would be a better buy for Madrid than Ronaldo. Maybe not quite as skilled, but a lot cheaper than him.

I think it will be interesting to see if HSV keep him this year for Europe/Bundesliga, or if he's gone so they can make some money. They are going to be crap without him unless they find a decent replacement.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

I read recently that we get 20% of his transfer fee on sell on so hope they sell him this summer.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Fergie reveals Stam admiration
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/fergie-r ... on-123689/

'Sir Alex Ferguson claims he has "never worked with a better defender than Jaap Stam"...'

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jul 22, 2008 5:40 pm

High praise indeed. Given that Ajax have used several defenders to try to fill the gap that the difficult to replace Stam left , it pains me to say this, it looks like SAF is on the money.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Just received a text from our mate Jamcocteau that Frank Rijkaard is at one of our favourite pubs right now, café Weber, getting pissed up...

Cheers, Frankie.

K.
Still alive...

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » do jul 24, 2008 12:08 am

Yeah, I've seen him there a couple times before.
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 24, 2008 12:51 am

If my experience while in the vicinity of Frank Rijkaard is any indication, he is the epitome` of class. I had the pleasure of talking with him only once, he sat in my row for night one of the 2002 Amsterdam Tournament ( section 102 , row 19 ), and despite the fact some drunken yobbo got in his face and appeared to be quite abusive, he showed the same calm and cool I'd expect of him in a CL final. He totally disarmed the idiot with courtesy and politeness. Once yobbo teetered off, he shook his head, rolled his eyes, and chatted with other supporters eager to shake his hand, wish him well ,and get an autograph. He missed getting to view the first couple minutes of the second half of Ajax 2:1 win over ManUre.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do jul 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Just received a text from our mate Jamcocteau that Frank Rijkaard is at one of our favourite pubs right now, café Weber, getting pissed up...

Cheers, Frankie.

K.
Really cool guy. Was outside for a cigarette when he asked me for a light :smallgrin.gif: think he was surprised to see a Scotsman with an Ajax zippo. So chatted little while, said he is taking complete rest from football management at moment to just relax and have fun. Mentioned he is heading down to Greece to see Ten Cate. Was also saying he has been out at ArenA a few times and still loves Ajax with a passion.

Got talking about Henrik Larsson and he was saying that he was ultimate professional on and off pitch and said he wished other footballers were like him. He told me thought Christiano Ronaldo was a good footballer but a complete wanker as a person lol

Was still ther when I left at 3am, enjoys a bevvy - top lad

:ajaxsmiley.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jul 24, 2008 1:54 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Just received a text from our mate Jamcocteau that Frank Rijkaard is at one of our favourite pubs right now, café Weber, getting pissed up...

Cheers, Frankie.

K.
Really cool guy. Was outside for a cigarette when he asked me for a light :smallgrin.gif: think he was surprised to see a Scotsman with an Ajax zippo...
At least this time you didn't make him run off. I am still waiting for the Ryan Adams song about the Scotsman who scared him in a newsagency :smallgrin.gif:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jul 25, 2008 6:02 am

Apparently Real offered 6 million for Van der Vaart, and it was rejected.
Get a Cock

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Would Ajax receive any part of Rafael van der Vaart's next transfer sum ? If so, I hope he does stay one more year at Hamburg and then transfers for a large sum next summer.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jul 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Apparently Edgar Davids has been training with AZ and van Gaal. They both say he's doing it to keep fit and won't be joining the club.

Others have posted that Ajax will get part of any transfer fee for van der Vaart, but I'm not sure if anyone knows how much it is. He's said he's staying for this year, but I bet HSV will sell him for the right price, 6M does seem low. If not now, he'll definitely go next summer as his contract expires in 2010.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jul 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Blind3 schreef:Would Ajax receive any part of Rafael van der Vaart's next transfer sum ? If so, I hope he does stay one more year at Hamburg and then transfers for a large sum next summer.
I don't know if we get some part of a transfer sum, but I know next summer would only be 1.5million.

Madrid offered only 6 million, as they know they could get him for 1.5 next summer
Get a Cock

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jul 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Ajax takes 22% of the transfer sum (if transfer sum> 10 million euro's), otherwise it'll just be a small compensation.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm

According to ELFVoetbal.nl (and Spanish media), van der Vaart will be a Real player as of next week for 9 million Euros.

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » zo aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Very bad news. Sneijder injured his knee against Arsenal today and could be out of the fields for 6 months
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Plaats reactie