Ajax jerseys, kit sponsors

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do mei 22, 2008 5:55 pm

According to this article (http://www.ajaxlife.nl/nieuws/detail/2048), if I understand well, Adidas says it's the best creation so far, but it's not the real shirt. This one is just plain ugly imo.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mei 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef: This one is just plain ugly imo.
It also looks really like the new Chelsea shirt http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/p ... 395,mid=-1, (yuk)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jun 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Quite possibly a fake though looks official and not from the far east where most of the fakes come from.

Ebay hae this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGLIA-CALCIO-AJA ... 286.c0.m14 as next seasons away shirt. They also have a home kit which looks very similar to last season's (both with no sponsor)

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jun 10, 2008 9:10 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Quite possibly a fake though looks official and not from the far east where most of the fakes come from.

Ebay hae this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGLIA-CALCIO-AJA ... 286.c0.m14 as next seasons away shirt. They also have a home kit which looks very similar to last season's (both with no sponsor)

Interesting. I wish some official (or as close to official as they can be) pictures would leak out. It seems like every other team has had pics leak out months beforehand, but nothing conclusive with Ajax yet. Both of those seem to match all the rumors I've read of what they should look like, although I'd question the legitimacy of them as well.

I really like that home shirt without the sponsor name across the front, it immediately makes me think of Cruijff and the 70's, even with the new badge on it. That leads me to wonder, the badge on that home shirt is different than anything recently. The recent ones are embroidered, like in that away shirt, and are just one color. This one looks to be a separate patch sewn on. I like this better as with the white background it looks more like the old shirts.

The home shirt is a different pattern than last year too, as the red stripe runs the full width to the bottom of the shirt. I don't like how this year they changed it so that it began to narrow towards the bottom.

BTW, here is the home shirts from the ebay auction:
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jun 11, 2008 8:45 am

[quote="gordonvandekamp
Interesting. I wish some official (or as close to official as they can be) pictures would leak out. It seems like every other team has had pics leak out months beforehand, but nothing conclusive with Ajax yet. Both of those seem to match all the rumors I've read of what they should look like, although I'd question the legitimacy of them as well.

[/quote]

Hi, I am working for adidas at moment and not been allowed to see the design of the new shirt even although it is obviously in production in the factories in the Far East. I know that at adidas they like to keep things secret so they can have the official big launch. These shirts on sale at e-bay could be copies of any one of dozens of sample shirts made for presentation prior to the final design being chosen.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jun 11, 2008 2:30 pm

jamcocteau schreef: Hi, I am working for adidas at moment and not been allowed to see the design of the new shirt even although it is obviously in production in the factories in the Far East. I know that at adidas they like to keep things secret so they can have the official big launch. These shirts on sale at e-bay could be copies of any one of dozens of sample shirts made for presentation prior to the final design being chosen.
Thanks for the 'insider' information, I didn't realize it was kept quite that secretly. I don't think it has been posted here, but the official site says the Ajax shop will be closed all of June 30th to reopen the next day, July 1, with the new items being presented then. Should definitely know by then.
Link: http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=66666

I have a question which you may or may not be able to answer. How much input do the teams have in terms of kit selection? For example, the away kit last year seemed to be a template lots of teams used (Houston Dynamo in MLS I know had the same, I think a French team did as well). The home shirt seems to be a different story in that it's unique, but what input would a club like Ajax have in the away kit? Do they choose the color/styling from a few presented to them, or do they go to the manufacturer with an idea already in mind?

SydAjax
Contacteer:

Bericht door SydAjax » ma jun 23, 2008 8:35 pm

My Dutch is spotty, but Ajax.nl is saying that the new shirt will be available on July 1.

http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=66758

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 23, 2008 9:49 pm

SydAjax schreef:My Dutch is spotty, but Ajax.nl is saying that the new shirt will be available on July 1.

http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=66758
Yup. Big fat opening spectacle at the Fanshop, etc.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jun 24, 2008 3:55 pm

There's now a separate website for the new shirt:

http://shirt.ajax.nl/

There's nothing there yet other than the same information that it will be on sale Jul 1 and a box to submit your email. My Dutch is spotty too, but I think it says the first 500 fans that order the new shirt will get free printing on it as well.

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di jul 01, 2008 12:00 am

Have you guys seen this link?
http://www.mokummaffia.nl/temp/IMG_0112.JPG

Apparently thats what our new home shirt looks like. If it's true (we'll have to wait some hours to find out) I'll tell you, I dont like it. The white logo just stands too much, it looks like someone just cut the logo out of a piece of paper and glued it to the shirt. And well...I'll also miss the ABN AMRO
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 01, 2008 3:20 am

whats the puma shirt with the ajax crest doing there ??? does the trainning wear have another brand ???
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di jul 01, 2008 3:50 am

that puma shirt i believe it's from Ajax Cape town
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 01, 2008 7:58 am

If that is indeed the real product, the badge of the logo makes it look like a cheap Asian market knock-off. FFS - It doesn't even look like it was cut out centered, and added like it was an afterthought. Will wait to see the final product before making the real judgment though.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 01, 2008 8:16 am

OK so its officially on the website...looks like the above link.

Am holding off on this one until I see it in person. Not sure I like the logo like this. Doesn't seem to fit in well with the shirt. Might look better in person. Maybe if they had the Adidas symbol on the left to balance it out?

Same great Ajax colours though :ajaxscarf.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jul 01, 2008 8:29 am

[u]horrible[/u] : a huge Aegon and a tiny Ajax new logo on the side

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di jul 01, 2008 10:27 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

OK, the funds go towards running the club.....but €60 for a shirt!!!!!!

I think I'll wear the old one out........! It's all in the course of recycling.....!!
34 will always be with us

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jul 01, 2008 10:57 am

it's more an Aegon shit than an Ajax shirt :drecul.gif:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 01, 2008 11:24 am

philippe schreef:it's more an Aegon shit than an Ajax shirt :drecul.gif:
The Aegon print is not that big. No bigger than ABN/Amro running down the length of the top of previous years and at least they kept it red and white.

Still think the logo looks odd like that though - just my opinion of course :anew.gif:

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di jul 01, 2008 11:54 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

I suppose we'll get used to it.....but it's a bit "flimsy"......looks like a cheap Asian copy........ :ajaxsmiley.gif:

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
34 will always be with us

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jul 01, 2008 3:43 pm

I think it looks OK, I haven't seen a picture of the back though, I hope the red X's are still there.

I agree that the placement of the Ajax, adidas, and Aegon logos looks odd. I agree that it would look better had they spaced things out differently and had the Ajax/Aegon logos opposite each other. I think it would make the new Ajax logo fit a lot better. I actually like the new logo, but think it could have been made to look better. I think part of it is that we're so used to seeing the Ajax logo in the middle of the shirt from the recent years of ABN AMRO sponsorship and their vertical placement.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 01, 2008 7:25 pm

hmmm something tells me Huntelaar is not gonna stay here for next season....wrong thread ??? No !!! It was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw the players wearing the shirt on the main page....Vermealen....De Jong...and Stecks...now i beg to ask why is the team captain missing ??? Looks like Ajax is saying something here...I remember that Chivu was once the player chosen to wear the new uniform and in two weeks time he was gone to Roma...I just wonder if im right on this...its just a hunch anyway...take it with a grain of salt.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Come to think of it, the logo kind of reminds me of my old Ajax TDK shirt from the early 90s. They used it on both the home and (now weird looking) away shirt (which I loved at the time).
http://www.premiershirts.net/wearthat/w ... s/Ajax.jpg

It was the old logo (obviously), but it kind of looks like the same idea, ie: a patch stuck on, instead of it being embroidered.

I'm sure it will grow on me. But damn, why couldn't they have balanced the design :confused.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jul 01, 2008 10:06 pm

I actually quite like it but was more looking forward to the away shirt tbh. The home shirt, a few design changes aside is never really any different from one year to the next but the blue and yellow that is apparently going to be the away shirt sounds quite nice.

If I get time I'm going to pop into the Adidas store in Oxford Street tomorrow as would like a proper look at this one - that badge design is well, interesting.....those fakes on Ebay had that bit right at least :smallgrin.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

I, for one, like it -- it's a slight twist on one of the most classic kits in the world. I also really like the practice kit.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 02, 2008 7:18 am

aveslacker schreef:I, for one, like it -- it's a slight twist on one of the most classic kits in the world. I also really like the practice kit.
Yeah, agreed some of the training gear etc looks good. One thing I do like is the clean cut it has. Its classic Ajax. No weird print, or annoying collar. Just a nice, classic looking top. White with a red stripe down the centre, all the way from top to bottom.

Damn you marketing people at Adidas...It's already growing on me! Damn you!!!

Plaats reactie