New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo apr 27, 2008 10:41 pm

At least it looks like the club is buying new replacement players before selling the current ones.

So they've learned a bit of elementary management since last year.

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » zo apr 27, 2008 10:42 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:I agree Bryan, K-J is outta here. I would be if I was him. I wish him well.

"There's nothing wrong with ambition, but why would you always make them explicit."

Because it's really important that everyone in an organization knows what the strategic goals are, and how the organization intends to achieve them. The difference between winning organizations and mediocre ones is often simply ambition.
Yes, it's important that everyone inside an organization knows their strategic goals, but what's the point in stating this in the media?
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo apr 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Van basten schreef:Some sources says that we're interesting in Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao
Ok in a nutshell this lad is a younger version of Urzais....a true number 9....he would be an exact replacement to KJH at least position wise. He is quite skilled but is more of a classic batering ram with ofensive upside....he will never score 30 goals in a season though.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Most names being mentioned are not Dutch.Are there any Dutch players anyone fancies??

With Heits, KJH and Davids likely to go at present we are left with only half adozen for the first team squad ie Steks, Urby, De Jong, plus Colin Gentenaar and VDWeil to make up the numbers!!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 29, 2008 1:49 pm

SPL schreef:Most names being mentioned are not Dutch.Are there any Dutch players anyone fancies??

With Heits, KJH and Davids likely to go at present we are left with only half adozen for the first team squad ie Steks, Urby, De Jong, plus Colin Gentenaar and VDWeil to make up the numbers!!
What about Donald and van der Heijden?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Sorry I did not include Donald, VdHeijden, Sarpong and Anita as they are very fringe first teamers. All have played regularly for our reserves this season and have had about 10 first team sub appearences between them this season.In addition Vermeer and Martina will be in the first team squad next season.

Hopefully some of these will break through next season but I was just quoting the 6 who will likely remain and played either regularly or were subs.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do mei 08, 2008 9:33 am

More rumours:

We're interested in Robert Huth (as replacement for Heitinga).
We want get Vitorino Antunes on loan from Roma. He's a fullback.
The chances that Sulejmani will join us this summer is getting bigger.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 08, 2008 11:42 am

we need a couple of central defenders. After all we did not replace Stam.
All we have left is Vermaelen , who does get injured a bit, plus inexperienced ones like Van Der Weil , Van der Heijden and Wormgoor.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do mei 08, 2008 12:36 pm

A Serb and an Argentenian Croat together in the same team.

I hope they get along.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Bryan said:
A Serb and an Argentenian Croat together in the same team.

I hope they get along.

You know thats exactly what I was thinking....isnt that funny though....when all the tension that was there...I dont know if you remember a Croat team and a Serb team was playing....and Croat team felt the police were siding with the serbs, and Zvonomir Boban got involved (remember him). I dont know if any of you guys remember that game. Anyway back to the main topic...in defense we should get Erik Peters, who can play left back and centre back, Douglas Franco, who is solid as rock, Kew Jaliens should come, because he can play centre back and right back (since J.Colin isnt a reliable cover for Bruno Silva) But most of all, I know the chances are slim, but I want Joris Mathijsen, but then again even if he wants to return to holland, he would only go to PSV, to follow his coach Huub Stevens :rules.gif:
As for the midfield, Demy De Zeeuw is a MUST, we need to replace Maduro (what ashame they never gave him a good contract).

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do mei 08, 2008 3:58 pm

I think Huth would be a great add. As stated above, we really haven't replaced Stam (save purchasing Kuffour and not playing him), and our defense has been the biggest problem. I have no doubt had we fixed the defense we would have won the league, and it wouldn't have been close. All it would have taken was to not give up goals in the 90+' and we would have picked up enough points.

We really need a few central defenders.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 08, 2008 6:46 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:I think Huth would be a great add. As stated above, we really haven't replaced Stam (save purchasing Kuffour and not playing him), and our defense has been the biggest problem. I have no doubt had we fixed the defense we would have won the league, and it wouldn't have been close. All it would have taken was to not give up goals in the 90+' and we would have picked up enough points.

We really need a few central defenders.
To be fair, many of those goals came from crosses as a result of bad outside defending. I think we've shored that up a little bit, though, so I agree that central defense is where help is needed most now.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do mei 08, 2008 7:41 pm

aveslacker schreef: To be fair, many of those goals came from crosses as a result of bad outside defending. I think we've shored that up a little bit, though, so I agree that central defense is where help is needed most now.
Totally agree with you, but I also think many of those crosses should have been cleared by a proper central defender. The whole thing's been a mess again, which should have been prevented.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di mei 13, 2008 6:22 am

One interesting thought is an American player linked recently with PSV, and that's Carlos Bocanegra of Fulham, who would be a similar type player to Johnny, only a little better in the air (like Stam) and not as good dribbling forward. He does organize a defense well, hit a nice long ball and provides a major threat on set pieces. Obviously, he is also older.

Personally, I might be more inclined to chase Marek Suchy from Slavia Prague. He reminds me of Daniel Agger, who we should have nabbed a couple years before Liverpool did.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Boca is also prone to the occasional blunder, like Johnny. But he wouldn't be a bad addition to the club.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

K.J. Huntelaar

Bericht door K.J. Huntelaar » vr mei 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Sulejmani deal supposed to be agreed. :hypocrite.gif:
Absolute Ajax and Olimpija Ljubljana Fan

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » vr mei 16, 2008 1:33 pm

According to...?
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za mei 17, 2008 11:38 am

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

I se that our new signing, Cvitanich, from Banfield as just bagged another brace!

Well done that man!!!

Same again next season!!!

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 18, 2008 6:57 pm

2 central defenders 2 more midfielders another striker and a left winger( unless Goossens is going to get a go )

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mei 19, 2008 8:56 am

An ugly son of a bitch for central defence and a player that has a bit of flair & imagination that can turn the game with a bit of individual brilliance. Oh and I forgot .......................PLEASE
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma mei 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Looks like we're after Douglas from Twente according to his agent to replace Heitinga. If we plays like he did in the playoffs I think he'll be a great addition. The type of player we should have got this year, even with Stam, but especially after he retired. Rutten also wants to take him to Schalke with him apparently.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di mei 27, 2008 11:48 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:Looks like we're after Douglas from Twente according to his agent to replace Heitinga. If we plays like he did in the playoffs I think he'll be a great addition. The type of player we should have got this year, even with Stam, but especially after he retired. Rutten also wants to take him to Schalke with him apparently.

I don't think this will happen, I think he'd rather go to Fword. I think the one we want really bad is the Greece defender Papastathopolous.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do mei 29, 2008 2:59 pm

According to news in Argentina, Jonathan Maidana a defender from Boca Juniors, is close on signing with Ajax. Apparently we offered 3 millions for him. I've seen the guy, he's pretty good and was called for the national team lately (he scored in the last friendly against Guatemala). He plays as central defender or as right back.

Could be an interesting buy if it's true. But he hasn't played that well lately. Ever since a video appeared where he masturbates for his girlfriend on a webcam (huge scandal in Argentina) I don't think he's been the same. But anyways, good defender, could be a good addition.

Here's the link
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/05/29 ... -04521.htm
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do mei 29, 2008 3:34 pm

ajaxperu schreef:According to news in Argentina, Jonathan Maidana a defender from Boca Juniors, is close on signing with Ajax. Apparently we offered 3 millions for him. I've seen the guy, he's pretty good and was called for the national team lately (he scored in the last friendly against Guatemala). He plays as central defender or as right back.

Could be an interesting buy if it's true. But he hasn't played that well lately. Ever since a video appeared where he masturbates for his girlfriend on a webcam (huge scandal in Argentina) I don't think he's been the same. But anyways, good defender, could be a good addition.

Here's the link
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/05/29 ... -04521.htm

:drecul.gif:

Sounds..Interesting.

He sounds like a quality player, and is filling one of the most needed positions. I'm just glad we're looking past English Championship teams for defenders this year.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 29, 2008 8:05 pm

ajaxperu schreef:Ever since a video appeared where he masturbates for his girlfriend on a webcam (huge scandal in Argentina) I don't think he's been the same. http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/05/29 ... -04521.htm
Sounds like he'll fit right in in Amsterdam. :drecul.gif:

Seriously though, this recent wave of scouting players from outside the eredivisie is very encouraging.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie