Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo feb 13, 2008 6:00 am

Looks like Wesley wants to bring Heitinga to Real

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Breaking headline appears to show that Davids will leave at season end.

Will be sorry if he goes but this season he has spent injured then just when he gets match fit he missses 2 games with a red. If he can help us win the playoffs that will be Ok.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 20, 2008 12:00 pm

The rumours of KJH going have started again this week with Real Madrid stated to be offering 35m euros.

Today the Internet shows the Daily Mail state Chelsea will offer 28m euros. I am only posting this to show what crap these stories are.

I have the Daily Mail and it says Chelsea have been linked with KJH as a replacement for Drogba, should he leave , and know that Ajax want £22m.
(which is about 33m euros.)

Not sure where the Internet 28m euros offer comes from!!!!!Not from the Daily Mail for sure!!!

It does look as if the really big teams are looking at him and this of course means we will get a very good fee. Ajax want to discuss anew contract but I
think we shall certainly see him and Heits leave this summer.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mar 20, 2008 12:28 pm

I think I might be the only person who thinks this on here (call me crazy then), but I think KJH can learn more from van Basten teaching him how to be a forward then he would learn in England.

van Basten could give him a great year of training and his experience, then he could move on.

I remember when vB had a few training sessions with Arsenal a few years ago, and Henry commented how great it was to watch what he did and how he moved and that even he learnt some things from him over just a few days.

I can only hope I guess.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 20, 2008 2:25 pm

DanK schreef:I think I might be the only person who thinks this on here (call me crazy then), but I think KJH can learn more from van Basten teaching him how to be a forward then he would learn in England.

van Basten could give him a great year of training and his experience, then he could move on.

I remember when vB had a few training sessions with Arsenal a few years ago, and Henry commented how great it was to watch what he did and how he moved and that even he learnt some things from him over just a few days.

I can only hope I guess.
I agree with you. I think KJH is far from a complete player. In fact, I think he does a lot of things poorly, but compensates for that by being fairly clinical in front of the goal. Spending even one season learning from one of the greatest strikers ever would do him no end of good.

Having said that, I wouldn't blame him if he decided to take the big payday and move abroad. What were to happen to him if he chose to stay at Ajax another year (extending his contract first, of course) and then suffered a severe injury? I could see him wanting to stay -- he's been loyal to the club so far and perhaps the thought of learning from MvB would prove irresistible.

If he does go to another club, I think he shouldn't go to England. I think he'd fit in better at a place like Real or somewhere in Italy.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Good points guys.

I just wanted to correct myself. I early said £22m was about 33m euros.

I see there are 1.22 euros to the £ so £22m is about 27m euros so I
was talking crap (as usual !! ) in my earlier post.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » za mar 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Selfishly I'd like him to stay another year, as would almost all Ajax fans. However, from his point of view I don't see the point of him staying.

He's not exactly a youngster, he's approaching his peak, and I'm sure he can learn more now playing against Barcelona, Villareal or Manchester United than against Heracles or Sparta.

It's time to test himself against the best.

Or more precisely, the best and Rio Ferdinand.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo mar 23, 2008 9:14 pm

He's gonna have his first chance this summer at the EURO's though sadly no Ferdinand will be at hand... :aai.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 25, 2008 7:27 pm

The list of players leaving is starting to grow . With Urzaiz told last week
and Heits stating he will leave , Eric Heijblok our 3rd choice goalie is interesting De Graafschap for next season. He has not been officially told to go but I would take it as read !!

PS I thought the same about Colin!!!!

I think I am right in saying that in Dutch football anybody with a contract ceasing in June has to be told by 31 March whether they are getting a new contract.Heijblok is the only 1st teamer not officially told but there are still 5/6 reserves to be told this week .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma mar 31, 2008 10:50 am

Two (conflicting) rumours on Studio Voetbal last night.

First; Huntelaar to Real, Ruud v Nistelrooy to Milan.
Second; Huntelaar seen getting onto plane for Barcalona on Sunday.

Make of all that what you will ... but I reckon he won't be in Amsterdam by August.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma mar 31, 2008 2:10 pm

i could do with a holiday in barcelona too

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mar 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Two (conflicting) rumours on Studio Voetbal last night.

First; Huntelaar to Real, Ruud v Nistelrooy to Milan.
Second; Huntelaar seen getting onto plane for Barcalona on Sunday.

Make of all that what you will ... but I reckon he won't be in Amsterdam by August.
Another rumour: Huntelaar took the plane to Barca and went by (highspeed)train to Madrid. It appears to be a repetitive practice to not go directly to the city where you have to be. To create some kind of smokecurtain.

But I must say that it's all very unlikely...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 31, 2008 8:44 pm

Several players contracts are up in June and Ajax have to make decisions today.

Heijblok is going and from the reserves both goalies Van Duin and Verhoeff
Vermeer is returning as a goalie next season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Rydell Poepon , currently on loan at Willem, can go. He has a contract until 2010 but can now find another club.

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » do apr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

WillemII is willing to sign him to a long-term deal. However, it all depends on whether they will remain in the Eredivisie or not.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Robbie Schilder, currently on loan at Heracles, can leave the club , his contract runs to 2009.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 22, 2008 8:16 pm

I imagine we will have a good clear out after all with 3 loan players that gave us 35 players with first team experience.

Definates to go:
Heijblok , Heits, Urzaiz,

Almost certainly Kuffour, plus KJH and Ogararu

Under contract but can go

Poepon, Schilder Mitea and Krohn-Dehli(if those last 2 are ever fit!! )

Davids has indicated that he will either retire or join another club.

That makes 11 just about certain to go.

The only others who may go are Rommedahl,Leonardo plus Luque.In addition Gentenaar may look for a first team place elsewhere.

We will need to buy but we do have several youngsters include in my 35
first teamers, Vd Weil, V d Heijden, Sarpong, Anita, Donald and Manucharyan, all have long contracts and need to play at a higher level than our reserves.

Also Martina is to be included in next seasons first team squad and possibly Goossens. Some of these need to be loaned out for a season for experience and then hopefully they can become first teamers in 2009/10.

These are just my thoughts as it is now time to start unloading.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 22, 2008 8:52 pm

SPL schreef:I imagine we will have a good clear out after all with 3 loan players that gave us 35 players with first team experience.

Definates to go:
Heijblok , Heits, Urzaiz,

Almost certainly Kuffour, plus KJH and Ogararu

Under contract but can go

Poepon, Schilder Mitea and Krohn-Dehli(if those last 2 are ever fit!! )

Davids has indicated that he will either retire or join another club.

That makes 11 just about certain to go.

The only others who may go are Rommedahl,Leonardo plus Luque.In addition Gentenaar may look for a first team place elsewhere.

We will need to buy but we do have several youngsters include in my 35
first teamers, Vd Weil, V d Heijden, Sarpong, Anita, Donald and Manucharyan, all have long contracts and need to play at a higher level than our reserves.

Also Martina is to be included in next seasons first team squad and possibly Goossens. Some of these need to be loaned out for a season for experience and then hopefully they can become first teamers in 2009/10.

These are just my thoughts as it is now time to start unloading.
I wouldn't mind if Kuffour stayed; we could probably keep him cheap. I think Luque would stay because his wage bill is pretty high. I think Leonardo might stay, but Rommedahl would probably go. I think Gentenaar could go, but we would then bring Vermeer back to become Steks' understudy.

Here's a possible formation for the first game of the 08-09 eredivisie season. I've put an 'x' for places that will need to be filled by purchased players.

Steks
Silva - X - VdWiel - Vertonghen
Gabri(?) - X - De Jong
Suarez - X - Perez(?)

In addition to the Xs out there, we could use to find a few players to take Gabri's and Perez's spots, making them substitutes.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di apr 22, 2008 10:15 pm

aveslacker schreef: Here's a possible formation for the first game of the 08-09 eredivisie season. I've put an 'x' for places that will need to be filled by purchased players.

Steks
Gabri(?) - X - De Jong
Suarez - X - Perez(?)

In addition to the Xs out there, we could use to find a few players to take Gabri's and Perez's spots, making them substitutes.
Wouldn't Vermaelen and Lindgren/Urby be slotting into a couple of those Xs?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm

aveslacker schreef: Gabri(?) .
I really hope that Gabri stays - I really like his all or nothing style. I've not heard anything other than vague rumours that he might go - is there anything more concrete than that?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Frans schreef:
aveslacker schreef: Here's a possible formation for the first game of the 08-09 eredivisie season. I've put an 'x' for places that will need to be filled by purchased players.

Steks
Gabri(?) - X - De Jong
Suarez - X - Perez(?)

Wouldn't Vermaelen and Lindgren/Urby be slotting into a couple of those Xs?
I suppose Vermaelen could play alongside VdWiel in central defense, but I hope we get another Chivu-type player from somewhere. Lindgren can be a sub, and hopefully we can sell Urby to Liverpool for Babel-type money. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Seriously, though, he could play left wing -- it seemed like he played pretty well there the other day.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Would imagine a few players will be announced as leaving now.

Ajax need a clear out and now we are not in CL we cannot afford some of our players. Ogararu says he wants to stay so I believe does Rommedahl . These 2 along with Leonardo and Luque should be put on the list in the morning and told they wont be in our first team squad next season.

It looks as if Gentenaar will leave and also Davids and KJH.

MVB needs to make it clear who he does not want .

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 20, 2008 10:51 am

Hmm well Huntelaar did say he may stay as he looks forward to work with Marco and Dennis...However without CL action and lack of funds, Ajax may sell him.

This summer, I think we should give the "big-youngsters", Slingard, Sarpong, VD Heijden, Goossens, etc. a chance to impress so we can save some money and use the talent we got.

I don't know any good potential replacements that would join Ajax :confused.gif:
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 23, 2008 12:05 am

I see Schalke fancy Kennedy plus Suarez and 2 of our targets Engelaar and Sulejmani.I doubt we will sell Suarez but Kennedy probably would not be aloss.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Although not first teamers Rydell Poepon, on loan at Willem last season, is joining Sparta for 3 years . In addition reserve team goalie Marco Van Duin has signed for Harleem for 1 year.

Plaats reactie