John Heitinga

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

John Heitinga

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 10, 2006 8:40 am

Guess what: we didn't even have a Heitinga thread yet... Here it is.

Johnny had a real stinker for Holland against Belarus on Wednesday. He was terrible and when Van Basten replaced him the crowd cheered. Was a bit painful.

Chances are, though, that he will play from the start against Vitesse today due to the absence of Vermaelen and Grygera (both injured).

Henk ten Cate said this week that he was very impressed with the way Heitinga handled his unpleasant Oranje experience. He was joking about it and it didn't seem to haunt him in any way. Ten Cate: "That shows that he's become stronger as a person. Mentally."

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo sep 10, 2006 10:19 am

I cant recall a good Holland fullback ever, so Johnny shouldnt worry.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Settlement proposal from the KNVB prosecutor: two games, of which one conditional. Ajax have until 3:00 PM this afternoon to either accept it or turn it down. They will turn it down for sure. HTC announced it yesterday that they're going to fight for this one.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » ma nov 06, 2006 1:20 pm

Unless this means he will miss the ADO game and be back in time for Psv. Then it'd be stupid to turn down this offer, no matter how right you are.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 06, 2006 3:28 pm

He accepted. Which means he'll be suspended against ADO Den Haag, but eligible for PSV on Sunday.

Bunch of hypocrites... :D

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 12:19 am

I just published the match report of Heracles vs Ajax on Ajax USA. At the bottom is a little news update on Johnny's red card and suspension.

Ajax's decision to accept the settlement proposal is a bit hypocritical in a way, but I can see why they're being practical about it. Had they turned this proposal down the case would have been forwarded to the disciplinary committee for an official case, and that would have cost Johnny the PSV game.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di nov 07, 2006 8:00 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ajax's decision to accept the settlement proposal is a bit hypocritical in a way,
K.
I've not seen the game highlights yet (on TV tonight) but a one game ban is very lenient for a red card. The KNVB obviously did the maths as well and this is their way of ensuring they don't have to deal with any appeal I suppose.............so a bit hypocritical all round really.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo feb 07, 2007 2:17 pm

sh*t, heitinga and urby are injured..anyone knows how serious is that and for how long they are out of business?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo feb 07, 2007 7:16 pm

According to AN and my translation, Heitinga can play this week-end, but Emanuelson could be out for several weeks...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo feb 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:According to AN and my translation, Heitinga can play this week-end, but Emanuelson could be out for several weeks...
So against werder without grygera and urby. also without davids and KJH. not good, not good..

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo feb 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:According to AN and my translation, Heitinga can play this week-end, but Emanuelson could be out for several weeks...
I think we can do just fine without Urby this weekend. I don't think offense is going to be our problem right now, and Urby is better attacking than defending. We'll be ok with Stam, Heitinga and Ograru back there.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo feb 07, 2007 10:43 pm

aveslacker schreef:
I think we can do just fine without Urby this weekend. I don't think offense is going to be our problem right now, and Urby is better attacking than defending. We'll be ok with Stam, Heitinga and Ograru back there.
I'm not worried about this weekend i'm worried about february 14 game :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Van basten schreef:
aveslacker schreef:
I'm not worried about this weekend i'm worried about february 14 game :D
We'll just have to score 5 goals. Then we won't need to worry about defending.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 09, 2007 6:40 pm

John Heitinga will not make the trip to Tirana, Albania, for Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier with the Dutch national team. According to press reports Heitinga has left 'Camp Oranje' due to "personal circumstances".

Does anyone know what's wrong?

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo sep 12, 2007 12:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef:John Heitinga will not make the trip to Tirana, Albania, for Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier with the Dutch national team. According to press reports Heitinga has left 'Camp Oranje' due to "personal circumstances".

K.
Nope, maybe it's that time of the month..... you know...
meh :|

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » wo sep 12, 2007 3:32 am

Heitinga opted to stay behind in order to handle a "family problem"
Van Basten has announced that Andre Ooijer will likely replace Heitinga
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:John Heitinga will not make the trip to Tirana, Albania, for Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier with the Dutch national team. According to press reports Heitinga has left 'Camp Oranje' due to "personal circumstances".

K.
His oma passed away.
Get a Cock

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo feb 17, 2008 2:12 am

Seriously, what happened to Johnny? I remember a few years ago, he was sidelined for a few weeks due to shitty performances, and now look at the guy, he's flawless in defense and scoring like a madman.... By the way, he leaves me wondering if he wouldn't fit better in the midfield (he feels natural in that role).

Also, I can't help but wonder what would've happened if Maduro had been given more time and if Emmanuelson shouldn't be given time as well. It worked for Heitinga, it could work for them.
meh :|

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo mar 12, 2008 11:17 am

Heitinga eyes Spain switch

Ajax central defender John Heitinga has dropped a major hint that he will leave the Dutch club next summer, with Spain his likely destination.

The 24-year-old has been in the first team with the Amsterdam outfit for nearly seven years and feels that the time might be right for a new challenge.

He told AD Sportwereld: "I expect to give a decisive answer in about two to three weeks.

"I follow my heart and when I leave I hope that everyone grants me that. Each football player wants to know where his ceiling is.

"I really like the Spanish league, also because of the stories that Wesley Sneijder tells me. It sounds fantastic when he talks about Real Madrid."
I don't want him gone this summer :tranen.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mar 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Van basten schreef:
Heitinga eyes Spain switch

Ajax central defender John Heitinga has dropped a major hint that he will leave the Dutch club next summer, with Spain his likely destination.

The 24-year-old has been in the first team with the Amsterdam outfit for nearly seven years and feels that the time might be right for a new challenge.

He told AD Sportwereld: "I expect to give a decisive answer in about two to three weeks.

"I follow my heart and when I leave I hope that everyone grants me that. Each football player wants to know where his ceiling is.

"I really like the Spanish league, also because of the stories that Wesley Sneijder tells me. It sounds fantastic when he talks about Real Madrid."
I don't want him gone this summer :tranen.gif:
Me neither!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo mar 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I don't want him to leave either, but am pretty much resigned to the fact that he will, and have been all season. Really the only saving hope I can see is that he'll stick around to play under van Basten for awhile, but I honestly don't think that's a whole lot of motivation for him (I think it is more so motivation for Huntelaar and as a result I think he's got a better chance of being around for next season).

I'm sure other clubs will be interested in Heitinga, but which ones are might also factor into it. It sounds like he is interested in Real, but I'm not sure that's reciprocated. Things may change if there are no top clubs that want him. Unfortuantely, I think he's most likely (of the Ajacied that have been around for years) to go this summer.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mar 12, 2008 6:52 pm

Johnny has been such a great player this season. It would be brilliant if he could stay around for another year, but I can't see it happening.

Hopefully van Basten can get KJH to stay, which I think is more possible, as KJH could learn a lot just from being around van Basten.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both though. Lets start a petition :ajaxscarf.gif:

JM

Bericht door JM » wo mar 12, 2008 7:31 pm

I'll sign as optimist #1!

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » wo mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Well I think there is a fair chance Heitinga won't go, mainly because he loves the club and is not really looking to leave. And the dramatic board changes may also influence his descision, as well as Huntelaar's

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mar 25, 2008 3:14 pm

F*^k it...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/heitinga ... co-108833/

Ajax defender Johnny Heitinga has agreed to join Atletico Madrid at the end of the season, according to reports from the Netherlands.

One down...how many to go???

All the best JH. You are always an Ajacied imo.

Gesloten