Hedwiges Maduro

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Agree with Ko's thoughts , especially with where he will be in 6 months time.

To be honest Ajax did not start negotiating until September and this must have put doubts into his mind as to whether he was wanted but in the end Ajax cannot afford anymore Bosmans and are right to sell.

I think he has left too soon and will become like De Jong, what has he done at Hamburg?? does he still play in Hamburg's first team ?

Urby will go the same way as he will end up leaving in the summer to a richer team and on this season's form is not ready .

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef: The player with the current record combined transfers (£87 million I think - Nicholas Anelka) is a good, not a great player but I'm sure his agents are very very happy.
His agent is his brother if I'm not mistaken.....
He was when he first moved from Arsenal but I saw something on TV either when he moved to/from Bolton that he has a different Agent now.

Anyway, it's still stupid. In some ways (apart from the sums involved) football is like any other line of work, you get paid more if you do well but in football, unlike any other line of business it can pay to do not quite as well as expected and fall out with all your colleagues and managers (no comment intended re Mr Anelka of course)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma jan 21, 2008 7:45 pm

GOL TV commentators on the Villarreal v. Valencia match this past weekend said Valencia hasn't won in La Liga since November and the supporters are growing more vocal by the day to get Koeman out. Sounds like a wonderful , being facetious, situation for Mr. Maduro.

Maduro was just one of a crop of players and management types who've not exactly helped to lift up the good name and reputation of Ajax in the last several years. Too inconsistent .Good luck to him, but I'm not torn up that he's gone.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Maduro's been presented and all that, so he's a Valencia man now.

Good luck, 'Wiges. You'll need it.

From now on you may post your Maduro comments in the Former Ajax Players thread.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten