Jaap Stam

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma okt 23, 2006 5:46 am

ajaxusa schreef:So... what's the extent of Stam's injury? I'm on pins and needles. He's THAT important to Ajax at the moment...
Hard to tell. He got a bit of a knock from Harry and "a nerve got hit". He lost feeling in one of his legs for a few minutes. Apparently things were normal again from there on. Monday he'll visit the hospital to have it checked out.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 23, 2006 6:37 am

I say: rest him against Den Haag. He can use a game's rest and we should be able to do that lot without him. Would be a bit daft if we play him and he picks up a yellow card. He would then be suspended for Heerenveen away. Over there we'll need him; against Den Haag we hopefully won't.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma okt 23, 2006 12:19 pm

That's a relief. Everytime I see one of those 'impact' type injuries I worry about broken legs. And Stam's not exactly a wilting violet, so for him to go straight off like that had me pretty worried...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Yeah, it looked pretty bad from the away end. He tackled Chari and it looked like he injured himself. My first thought was: broke metatarsal or some other foot injury. Turns out that Charisteas hit him on a muscle and that he didn't feel his leg for a while. The story right now is that it isn't even really an injury.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo nov 05, 2006 11:00 am

According to www.eredivisie.pl, Jaap Stam will have a monument in his home town - Kampen. It will be shown 8 XI.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo nov 05, 2006 11:19 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:According to www.eredivisie.pl, Jaap Stam will have a monument in his home town - Kampen. It will be shown 8 XI.
Yes, perhaps he'd look good next to the cow?

(You can see it here http://www.kampen360.nl/ go to the middle (of three) icons in the top row and the famous Kampen cow statue is in front of the old townhall)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo nov 05, 2006 7:58 pm

I think he won't be situated next to the cows... As I read there will be more monuments (15?), which show the most important men from Kampen. I guess cows are not include :).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo nov 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Extremely pretty little town, by the way... Worth a visit!

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo nov 05, 2006 10:10 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Extremely pretty little town, by the way... Worth a visit!

K.
Yeah, I've been twice and really loved it. Is it true that they really tell "Kampen" jokes (after the cow story). I read that somewhere but it does sound a bit fanciful.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr dec 29, 2006 8:54 am

Rock of Kampen stands firm - PA Sport
http://theworldgame.com.au/home/index.p ... &cid=80560
[...At the Amsterdam ArenA, Stam is now captain and remains an important factor in coach Henk ten Cate's plans to turn the club's fortunes around after two years without a Dutch league title...]

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 15, 2007 3:05 pm

Stam and Sneijder still training separately... They need to back with the squad tomorrow. Come on boys, we need you on Sunday!

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mar 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Theyre confirmed fit, along with PSv's and our old boy, Kluivert
Get a Cock

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma apr 02, 2007 7:12 pm

i just read that stam is out for several weeks, cause of injury, that he took yesterday. can anyone confirm that?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma apr 02, 2007 7:18 pm

I guess there can't be better confirmation...

Too bad but it can't be an excuse : Ajax must and can still win the last four games, no matter who is injured...

BTW, Vermaelen just started to train again with the squad.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

andy

Bericht door andy » ma apr 02, 2007 7:52 pm

I guess we will have to go back to pairing Heitinga and Vermelaen with Grygera and Stam out.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » di apr 03, 2007 7:44 am

Stam could miss rest of season
Associated Press

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Ajax captain Jaap Stam could be sidelined for the rest of the season after injuring a hamstring in the team's win over Heracles Almelo.Ajax said Monday the veteran defender would miss "a few weeks" because of Sunday's injury, which comes as the Amsterdam club mounts a challenge to overtake defending champion PSV Eindhoven with four matches remaining in the Dutch league.

I guess we will have to go back to pairing Heitinga and Vermelaen with Grygera and Stam out.

Van der Wiel- has a great opportunity...
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 03, 2007 8:52 am

Let's look at the upside: PSV have now officially lost their right to moan about the absence of Alex. We're missing Stam and Grygera now, so let's cut the crap about who's having bad luck here - and get on with it.

Against most opponents we can play a three-man defense line anyway: Ogararu, Heitinga and Vermaelen, with a Gabri-Sneijder-Davids-Urby midfield or something like that.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di apr 03, 2007 12:18 pm

In fact, PSV have nothing to moan about at all. Before their games against Liverpool Ajax has still played to games more than our rivals from Eindhoven. Sure, it was against weaker European opponents, but two games extra is something and still costs a team lots of energy (especially this Ajax).

So PSV has nothing to b*tch about. :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 29, 2007 11:41 am

BREAKING NEWS

Ajax have announced an unexpected press conference at 13:15 CET today and according to newspaper De Telegraaf technical director Martin van Geel announce that Jaap Stam has decided to quit, effective immediately.

It sounds serious... Stam is even more injury-prone than he was last season, he's not as solid as last year and it's common knowledge that he was extremely, extremely disappointed after the Slavia Prague disaster. According to rumours he wanted to quit. He missed this weekend's Utrecht game due due to 'private circumstances'...

Wouldn't surprise me if this were true... We'll find out in about 90 minutes' time...

K.
Still alive...

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » ma okt 29, 2007 11:56 am

I didn't expect this to happen so soon. I thought he would end his career at the end of this season but it seems that it wont happen that way. Although he hasn't been that great in the last few games his presence has always been very important for the team. He will surely be missed. Hope we get a proper replacement for him.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 29, 2007 12:55 pm

fuck ! quiters is all we needed ...
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 29, 2007 1:02 pm

philippe schreef:fuck ! quiters is all we needed ...
In my opinion Jaap Stam deserves respect; not the word 'quitter'.

He's going through a very difficult period in his life. His father, who was still quite young, passed away last week. Also, Stam is suffering from persistent injuries and there is no European campaign in the last season of his career. A good European campaign... that's what he joined Ajax for, more than anything else, but his team-mates were unable to give it to him.

Jaap Stam came to Ajax so that he could live closer to his parents and he really wanted to make an impact in Europe one last time. In the past two months all of that has collapsed.

Let's respect the man. This must have been a tremendously difficult decision and I really respect him for facing the press in ten minutes' time... I think most people would have given this press conference a miss, in Jaap Stam's position. I salute him.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 29, 2007 1:43 pm

It's official now...

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma okt 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Damn.. I'll miss him..