Kennedy Bakirçioglü

Bericht door orange goblin » di mei 15, 2007 4:14 pm

...is officially an Ajacied!

(I love to open topics like this..)

well done MvG!
O tempora o mores

ajaxillinois

Bericht door ajaxillinois » di mei 15, 2007 4:42 pm

15 goals last year...not bad from a midfielder. While there won't be any replacing what Sneijder does for the team, this guy does look like he'll be a capable player in his place.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di mei 15, 2007 4:59 pm

ajaxillinois schreef:15 goals last year...not bad from a midfielder. While there won't be any replacing what Sneijder does for the team, this guy does look like he'll be a capable player in his place.
Kennedy will not replace Sneijder, he is a multi-role player, who is at his best in a sort of 'Ronald de Boer' role. I personally think he will replace De Mul and Perez. De Mul won't extend his contract, so he will be sold. Perez was originally signed to play on the left or right wing, but never dd the job (In Ten Cate's opinion). Most likely spot for Kennedy: Right winger.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Definitely a step up in class from Tom De Mul. De Mul was capable of running himself into the ground for Ajax , but I definitely prefer Kennedy's 15 goal and 11 assist productivity. Nice to read , Ajax.nl English page , that Zlatan had positive things to say about Ajax when Kennedy spoke with him. If Kennedy is anywhere near the quality of the previous one name Swede , we've got one heck of a talent to watch and enjoy.

Echoing Orange Goblin's sentiments, THANKS MvG !!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

News Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 17, 2007 11:35 am

News report with some more background info on the bloke...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2006-2007/ ... arena.html

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo jun 13, 2007 8:01 pm

Time to put some thoughts down on an old hero of mine.

Kenndy started his more professional carreer at Hammarby IF, my club in Sweden as a young talent recently having come back from trials with Man U. He did deliver most of the years with the club, including winning us our only championship ever. Kennedy was throughout a favourite, with good skills, reasonable speed and a good shot. He left on a bad note as a Bosman, something he had promised never to do. However, he is still highly rated among my peer fans.

Kennedy at Ajax is a personal favourite move for me. I can't say I've seen that much of him in the latest years but his statistics seem to be fairly good. Caught a few minutes of him in the latest national game for Sweden but that was too little to make an impression.

I think he can bring good skills to, primarily, the right wing but also as an ok central midfielder in the no 10 position. Besides that, he will most certainly always fight, bring good spirit and show appreciation to the fans. He is a warm guy that always has a smile and something nice to say.

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the pitch during my semi-planned (and now something I can call annual) trip to A-dam this autumn.

That's that.

See ya.

/ Per

EDIT: Now I see Menno, as usual, had captured most of what I wrote in the article linked to above. So, for a more elegant capture of the guy, please refer to that link.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 14, 2007 2:36 am

Hey Per-

What is your take on Charlie Davies?

Also, to keep this on topic: I'm excited about Kennedy manning the wing for us next season. Could make KJH look verrrry good.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » do jun 14, 2007 7:14 am

WEEKEND SWEDISH ACTION
Monday, June 11, 2007
Fresh from international duty, Charlie Davies and Hammarby salvaged a point against Halmstad while Tighe Dombrowski and IFK Sirius moved closer to the top of the Superettan table with a shutout win at home.
Halmstad 2 - 2 Hammarby
Charlie Davies and Hammarby managed to steal a point from Halmstad on a last minute goal by Brazilian striker Paulinho, denying their hosts a chance to move to the top of the standings.
Halmstad dominated the early procedings and their efforts paid off in the 52nd minute when defender Mikael Rosen connected with an Emra Tahirovic corner to score the opener, but Hammarby equalized three minutes later on a well placed free kick by Louay Chanko.
Halmstad regained the lead in the 70th when Rosen headed the ball into the box to Per Johansson who pushed in what seemed to be the game winner.
Head coach Tony Gustavsson, looking for some last minute offense, brought on Davies in the 78th minute and the move nearly paid off as the Boston College Eagle broke free in the 82nd minute and blasted a shot on goal. Only excellent saves by Halmstad keeper Magnus Bahne kept the American and Paulinho's rebound shot from going in.
Halmstad's hopes for a win were crushed in the 94th minute when Sebastian Eguren launched a cross into the box in a last desperate attempt to equalize. Unmarked, Paulinho rushed in to tie the score at two.
Hammarby now sit in seventh place, four points behind league leaders Malmo FF

I would like to see Davies get a call-up for the Copa America
and another try-out with Ajax this summer...
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 14, 2007 1:30 pm

I saw the video highlights of that game. Davies did quite well from what I saw and was unlucky not to score.

He looked ok against China, but he is still all potential right now.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do jun 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Charlie Davies....

the kid don't really understand how or where to run. Once he's done that, he'll be a star striker.

He's had a very rough start to his carreer with hammarby. I saw him today misss chances my farkin grandmother would have coughed over the line.

So, he needs a year or two of european schooling before the full potential can be unveiled.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Per schreef:Charlie Davies....

the kid don't really understand how or where to run. Once he's done that, he'll be a star striker.

He's had a very rough start to his carreer with hammarby. I saw him today misss chances my farkin grandmother would have coughed over the line.

So, he needs a year or two of european schooling before the full potential can be unveiled.
Thanks for the update. I miss the limecat.

I heard he blew an absolute sitter towards the end of the match today, and right after that Hammarby gave up the go-ahead goal in the 90th minute.

Ouch.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do jun 14, 2007 11:17 pm

aveslacker schreef:

I heard he blew an absolute sitter towards the end of the match today, and right after that Hammarby gave up the go-ahead goal in the 90th minute.

Ouch.
In case anyone wonders.... The pancake bunny is not pleased either.... :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif:
meh :|

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 15, 2007 1:16 pm

carcajou schreef:
aveslacker schreef:

Ouch.
In case anyone wonders.... The pancake bunny is not pleased either.... :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif:
:drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jun 15, 2007 6:03 pm

carcajou schreef:
aveslacker schreef:

Ouch.
Yeah, the pancake bunny :biggrin.gif: I want some of what they're on!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 10, 2007 12:56 pm

He's in training. Today was hist first day as an Ajacied.

The Dutch internationals (including Sneijder and the U-21 boys) went back in training today as well.

K.
Still alive...

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo aug 22, 2007 9:45 pm

Kennedy scored the only goal in Sweden's 1-0 friendly defeat of the U.S. today.

Anybody see the match? How did Kennedy look?

I also noticed that the U.S. started Charlie Davies up front. Yes, the same Davies that had a trial at Ajax last season and is now playing in Belgium, I think.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do aug 23, 2007 7:45 am

AjaxPDX schreef:Kennedy scored the only goal in Sweden's 1-0 friendly defeat of the U.S. today.

Anybody see the match? How did Kennedy look?

I also noticed that the U.S. started Charlie Davies up front. Yes, the same Davies that had a trial at Ajax last season and is now playing in Belgium, I think.
Källström scored the goal. Davies was on the last couple of minutes. Davies playes for Hammarby in Sweden.

Kennedy did ok in the game. He started on right midfield in a classic 4-4-2 and played the first half there. Second half he played on the left and did better (as Sweden as a whole). He kind of assisted the goal after an effort to go centrally just outside the penalty area.

He can do better as can Sweden.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do aug 23, 2007 8:03 pm

Ha ha. Ummm, so, yeah... I didn't get a chance to see the match, so I was relying on the match info from soccernet.com. They said Kennedy scored and Davies started.

So, lesson for the day: don't count on soccernet.com for any reliable info.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 23, 2007 10:24 pm

Here's the highlights.

Some of the more vitriolic posters on BigSoccer have alleged that Kennedy committed a foul in the runup to the goal, but the ref didn't see it that way, and I agree with the ref (BigSoccer posters are generally morons). Helluva shot, though. Don't think too many goalies get to that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

JM

Bericht door JM » do aug 23, 2007 11:34 pm

Overall, Kennedy did not impress me as much as I hoped he would. He doesn't seem like he's a guy that has an easy time getting outside & beating his defender. Decent pace, but not blazing. Nice first touch. It was a great shot, but I did think he committed a foul.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 24, 2007 8:32 am

JM schreef:Overall, Kennedy did not impress me as much as I hoped he would.
You mean in this particular Sweden game? Or as an Ajax player, so far?

I must say I really like him so far...

K.
Still alive...

JM

Bericht door JM » vr aug 24, 2007 1:29 pm

I meant in the Sweden-USA match. This was my first opportunity to watch him on television.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za aug 25, 2007 11:54 am

AjaxPDX schreef:Ha ha. Ummm, so, yeah... I didn't get a chance to see the match, so I was relying on the match info from soccernet.com. They said Kennedy scored and Davies started.

So, lesson for the day: don't count on soccernet.com for any reliable info.
Sorry if I came off as "short" in my reply =).

Sad to say that I haven't caught Kennedy in any Ajax-games yet this season but from what I read in the Ajax-USA reports from preseason and early Eredivise games, he seems to be doing alright.

What are you guys take on his abilities in no 10 now that Wes left? I've always seen him as much more of a winger myself. I think he may be a bit to sloppy at times in his passing and his defending can be improved (from what I've seen before).

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr aug 31, 2007 11:05 pm

SHAVE IT OFF.............
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » za sep 15, 2007 12:06 am

KENNEDY BAKIRCIOGLU IS OUT FOR THE AJAX MATCH AGAINST HERACLES ALMELO,INJURED HIS GROIN PLAYING FOR SWEDEN THIS PAST WEEK
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Gesloten