New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di aug 14, 2007 9:08 pm

A new name has come up according to ajaxshowtime and other sources: Marcelo Adrián Carrusca. He is from Argentina, plays for Galatasaray and he is wanted by Boca Juniors to be Riquelme´s replacement. To be honest I havent seen him, so I don't know what to say about this guy.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 15, 2007 1:04 am

Sounds to me like we're cheaping out. Unless the Argentine in question is Riquelme , I'd rather pay for Engelaar.

Ajax will have to prove to me that they're serious about going for the gusto. I'm not sold. Unlike Sneijder and Perez. Carrusca is unproven at this level and he's going to replace Sneijder. Is there a punchline to this joke?

Ajax gets me more pissed by the second. I think I'll go pound on a nice, soft , concrete block.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 15, 2007 2:07 am

Back from my attitude adjustment session. Checked out a youtube link of Maradona jr. on AN. Funny stuff. The goal highlights were penalty kicks.

An AN poster had a purported stat breakdown. Looks like a whopping zero goals in twelve matches for Gala. I'm im(de)pressed . Excuse me while I run to order my CL final tickets.

WTF????????????
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 15, 2007 6:36 pm

it is time to stop jerking around and go get chelito delgado
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo aug 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Fuck, Defour turned us down.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » wo aug 15, 2007 8:31 pm

Top 4 club of the Netherlands have intrest in El Hamdoui.
Ajax wants also Riera from Espanyol ,for 6 millions

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo aug 15, 2007 9:38 pm

Ajax fail in Defour, Boussafa, and Riera.

The clock is ticking.
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » wo aug 15, 2007 9:44 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Ajax fail in Defour, Boussafa, and Riera.

The clock is ticking.
Pranjic and Danny Koe :icon_biggrin.gif:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 15, 2007 9:50 pm

And it might be harder to convince players now that Ajax seem fucked in Champion's League. Very well done Ajax...
Oh well, they already got more money than they could have won by playing this competition.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 15, 2007 11:08 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:And it might be harder to convince players now that Ajax seem fucked in Champion's League....

c'mon dude, you know better than that! :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif:

here is the defour story
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 16, 2007 2:19 am

I agree with Cedric's point. And no , I don't know better. What I do know is Ajax 0 : Slavia 1 . Another CL FUCK UP!!! What I do know is that our starting eleven is still not set 4 days before the season starts. Our bench is weaker than my attempts at cooking. Our great management is looking like zeros rather than heroes in trying to strengthen the squad. Our European competition future is up for grabs. No wonder Riera could care less about Ajax and Defour says no.

I've seen Bowery drunks function better . In the dark no less.

Totally disgusted.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 8:34 am

no hurry, let's keep the money a few weeks more : we might need it for a new coach soon
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 16, 2007 8:44 am

It would make no sense to send coaches and directors away at this point. Who should take over then? Ever thought about that?

There's work to do. We need captains on the ship. Season's end, that is the time for evaluation. Not now. It would not be good for the club, and that's what it's all about, after all.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 8:59 am

I do not agree with you : if we are eliminated from the CL, HTC walks. He failed last season, and if he fails once again, he gets fired.
What more would have to lose at this point ? Instead of strengthening the squad, it looks like ruins. No midfield, etc ...
So the proper decision to be made, in case we are eliminated by Prague, would be to fire HTC right away. Then we could start again on a new basis.
Furthermore : he should be told ASAP. Because an extra motivation would not hurt.
And only then we could dream of a victory in Prague. :666.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » do aug 16, 2007 9:34 am

There's work to do. We need captains on the ship. Season's end, that is the time for evaluation. Not now. It would not be good for the club, and that's what it's all about, after all.
I do not agree with you : if we are eliminated from the CL, HTC walks. He failed last season, and if he fails once again, he gets fired.
What more would have to lose at this point ? Instead of strengthening the squad, it looks like ruins. No midfield, etc ...
So the proper decision to be made, in case we are eliminated by Prague, would be to fire HTC right away. Then we could start again on a new basis.
Furthermore : he should be told ASAP. Because an extra motivation would not hurt
Ajax will prevail in Prague -- "Don't give up the Ship"
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 16, 2007 9:49 am

ajax-erie schreef:Ajax will prevail in Prague
Word.

:ajaxscarf.gif:

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do aug 16, 2007 10:14 am

philippe schreef:I do not agree with you : if we are eliminated from the CL, HTC walks. He failed last season, and if he fails once again, he gets fired.

<snip>

Furthermore : he should be told ASAP. Because an extra motivation would not hurt.
Crickey I'm surprised you're not a Sarkozy fan... he's got similar attitudes to work/performance, and consequences/rewards.... :confused.gif:

(I know off topic..... sorry mods...... couldn't resist :blush.gif: )

No offence intended Philippe... :aai.gif:

Seriously though, firing him would not solve anything immediate and is premature in my eyes;

Don't get me wrong I was gutted last night too. I have worries about the return leg in Prague. I can see Huntelaar has lost all confidence. I'm not sure why Suarez played #10 and not Kennedy.

BUT:

- on the basis of very few games we are condemming the purchases as no good.
- on the basis of two days we are condemming Van Geel for not finding a Wesley replacement.
- on the basis of one game (which we dominated) we are condemming the season.

Recriminatitions and firing squads won't prove the condemnation above nor solve the immediate problems.

When the going gets tough..........
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 10:24 am

Bloody hell, it's not "on the basis of one game", it's about the most important target with Dutch title ! It's about playing the CL !

All is not lost yet since we can still win in Prague.

But if we don't ... what will HTC have brought to Ajax ?

What relation with that rightist maniac, I don't know.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 16, 2007 10:54 am

philippe schreef:Bloody hell, it's not "on the basis of one game", it's about the most important target with Dutch title ! It's about playing the CL !
Yep. But it's half-time, mate. 0-1 down at half-time.
All is not lost yet since we can still win in Prague.
That's what I'm saying. :excited.gif:
But if we don't ... what will HTC have brought to Ajax ?
Not much and most definitely not enough. No disagreement there.

If we don't play Champions League and/or win the title this year, it is time for him to go. That's why they gave him a two year contract, and it won't be extended if it goes wrong this season.

But if we crash out against Slavia, and if we fire Ten Cate immediately... then what? Who would you suggest?

I really think you're over-reacting here. Ten Cate's first season was not superb, but it wasn't bad, either: the football improved, there were more entertaining games, more points, more goals, we lost out to PSV on goal-differential in the end, we won the J.C. Shield, the KNVB Cup and the play-offs and a few players developed so well that they were sold for more than 40 million euros in total (the fact that they left, by the way, is not Ten Cate's fault).

In other words: based on his first season, there is no reason to fire the man. No reason to say he's a hero either, but that's a different story.

And now he's in his second season. We grabbed the J.C. Shield in the first official game. The second official game was lost, which means that we're 0-1 down at 'half-time' in the Champions League qualifier against Slavia.

And you want to fire him immediately if we fail to qualify for the CL...? I just don't see the point, and even if I did: kicking Ten Cate out and trying to find a better coach on September 1st? Screaming from the sideline is easy, but what would be your plan, Philippe?

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 11:59 am

Kowalczyk schreef: And you want to fire him immediately if we fail to qualify for the CL...? I just don't see the point, and even if I did: kicking Ten Cate out and trying to find a better coach on September 1st? Screaming from the sideline is easy, but what would be your plan, Philippe?

K.
That's not the issue : the issue is what is HTC's plan if we are kicked out of the CL ? European competition over, weakened squad : then it would be time to move on.
:bomb.gif:
Waiting for the end of the season would be a waste of time, because whatever happens in the home league we obviously wouldn't trust HTC anymore for international competition.
I know we currently are in such a bad situation that we can't find good players to hire. But I think we could find another coach more easily.
Screaming from the sideline is easy, that's the fate of all supporters, because it seems that approving the official line is even easier. And it does lead us anywhere, does it ?
:00000633:
As a matter of fact, if HTC feels like staying with Ajax more than a few months more at most, he has to win in Prague.
:afca.gif:
And all will be forgiven. :xyxthumbs.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Hmmm passed wednesday and we havent seen two players in, infact most players have been rejecting us. :biggrin.gif:

Hope Van Geel and co. will bring in quality signings soon.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 1:23 pm

maybe some new youngster named Trabelsi ? :eusa_liar.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do aug 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: And you want to fire him immediately if we fail to qualify for the CL...? I just don't see the point, and even if I did: kicking Ten Cate out and trying to find a better coach on September 1st? Screaming from the sideline is easy, but what would be your plan, Philippe?
I love philippe's "passion," but all he talks about over and over is staging HTC's public execution without much of any thought beyond that. The above quoted question is obviously the most important one, and as long as the rambling comments on this board don't contain a specific plan with specific names and a thoughtful vision and direction for the club with those specific new personnel, then any discussion of firing HTC immediately can be easily and quickly discarded and ignored.

I give HTC until the end of the season. If the team fails in Prague, and if the team doesn't win the league title... then I say HTC is out and we can talk then.

Sorry for not including a "new player" comment in this post.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 16, 2007 8:37 pm

AjaxPDX schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:as long as the rambling comments on this board don't contain a specific plan with specific names and a thoughtful vision and direction for the club with those specific new personnel, then any discussion of firing HTC immediately can be easily and quickly discarded and ignored.
I don't think they had "a specific plan with specific names and a thoughtful vision and direction " when they sold Sneijder, it was just about the money, and there it would about getting rid of a coach who can not build any succes in european competitions ... :blush.gif:

we sure he will put himself together within a fortnight, and save his job
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 16, 2007 8:59 pm

Here are the hard facts - Van Geel spent 9.5 million Euros bringing players in. We have sold 3 players for 49 million Euros. That leaves 39.5 million. With that kind of money, you can pretty much buy any player in the world. We need at least 2 midfielders, especially established ones like Gabri since Davids is out. I vote for Junhino from Lyon for one (I know, fat chance of that happening).

There is no point in trying to get someone no one has heard of for 1 or 2 million for the immediate need. It is a waste of time and money. Spend the bucks and FAST or it is no Champions League again. For crying out loud, I do not think that we could beat Feyenoord with our current squad. If he is not going to do something, might as well sell Huntelaar as well and earn interest on the fat wad of cash.

Plaats reactie