Wesley Sneijder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma aug 13, 2007 10:50 pm

andy schreef:I'm sorry guys but I just can't bear to let this thread go. Wesley Sneijder was my favorite player for the past two years and now his leaving my favorite team. You know its hard for someone who lives so far way from Amsterdam (I live in Colombia, south america) to really relate to a team like Ajax. I like Ko's words so I'm going to use them, the eredivise is off-radar from a place like this (I bet you know what I'm talking about venezuelan ajacied) and people usullay support the typical european giants. But I always had a special fondness with Ajax and it is the team of my heart. And this love for Ajax grew because of an admiration for the ajax player. The first Ajacied I came to admire was Dennis Bergamp, though he already was an Arsenal player when I first saw him. For some strange reason, (I was a ten year old kid at the time) I fell in love with his original team and not Arsenal. I started to follow Ajax at a very young age because of this and my father, who used to work a lot with dutch business men would travel a lot to the Netherlands and got me my first ajax shirt and a Frank De Boer cap. As i grew older, and since I didn't like to be the weird kid at school who liked Ajax instead of MADRID, I kind of forgot about the team. But after the 2002 campaign I was back with my childhood allegiance to ajax and never left it since. As Zlatan and van der vaart left, wesley became my favorite ajacied. I used to get into long fights with my friends by telling them that one day, he would be the best midfielder in europe. Of course they could'nt undertsand in their "off-radar" minds how a player from ajax could ever be the greatest. But now his in madrid, a team they do understand. and I'm left without my hero. I'm sorry for the extension of this message but I'm kind of REALLY emotional about this. plus Ko's article was beatiful.

LONG LIVE AJAX! Wesley will forever be an Ajacied!!
That was deep bro....yeah I can relate to what your saying....I lost a couple of tears when Zlatan (or Litmanen) left the team...but thats the way it goes i still yell a goal a t the top off my lungs when Zlatan scores one of his typical acrobatic goals and I still feel great when Jari is on the pitch (whenever his semi-healthy) on whatever team he plays for. But you know what thats what makes a real fan..most people in South America are just "Fair Weather Fans" they support Madrid one year, next year they support Milan and then Chelsea the year after...they are a fan of whatever team is winning. We're diferent... we support a team becuase of what it means to us, we support a team because it's diferent from any other else thus we are often misunderstood and laughed at...but in the end deep inside we all know its worth it...i for one have always enjoyed being the only one in the room rooting for the other team.... :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

Dont worry... another player we can all admire will come up sooner or later...its ajax tradition by now...cheer up.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

andy

Bericht door andy » ma aug 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Gracias amigo, ya sabes que aqui mismo en el continente tienes un compañero hincha del ajax.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 13, 2007 11:26 pm

Guys....I think its time to let go....lets put this chapter behind us...since he will now come under 'Former Ajax players'

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 13, 2007 11:26 pm

As I've said, I'm sorry he had to go... but it was inevitable (this year or next). The sadness is NOTHING compared to losing Zlatan for 50% of his value 24 hours before the closing of the transfer window. Particularly as when "we're old and wise" Zlatan has the potential to be viewed as truelly exceptional while Wesley was very very good.

It's like losing Zidane (perhaps an overstatement, but I'm trying to make a point) for half his value due to incompetence, versus Darren Bent for twice his value because of the dynamics (and good management) of the deal.

Don't get me wrong ... these transitions are always painful ... but it reminds me of how mismanaged the club was in the past.

At that level at least we can say "We won't get fooled again".
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

JM

Bericht door JM » di aug 14, 2007 1:55 am

This news was quite the punch in the stomach while eating my breakfast this morning. I still have come to terms with it 14 hours later. I am merely hoping for the best. I do wish Wesley all the best in Madrid.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 14, 2007 10:26 am

Sad to see Wes go ,especially to Real.

Agree with the sentiments about Zlatan's fee and of course last summer we lost players on Bosmans.

Given that Valencia were quoted 15m to 20 m euros only a month ago we have done well out of Wes.Also Liverpool paid well over the odds for Babel.

Hope we are not going to waste the money on a few non descripts.

K.J. Huntelaar

Bericht door K.J. Huntelaar » di aug 14, 2007 10:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMddFGP9F70

Presentation od Sneijder... :aai.gif:
Absolute Ajax and Olimpija Ljubljana Fan

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 14, 2007 11:03 am

K.J. Huntelaar schreef:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMddFGP9F70

Presentation od Sneijder... :aai.gif:
That's a nice little video and I guess it's an appropriate moment to close this thread down. We'll have to face it, folks: Wesley Sneijder is a 'former Ajax player'. Let's discuss him in that particular thread from now on.

Discussions about possible successors in the New Players thread, please.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten