New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 10, 2007 4:24 pm

I love the move. Pace , skill , and two feet sounds good to me. Left wings are definitely not more numerous than weeds on the training pitch . Mitea goes from zero to injured in under five seconds , Goossen is inexperienced though promising , Sarpong is more mf , Leonardo is out until Christmas or so , Manucaryan ...see Mitea comment, Emanuelson needs to be at lb and to make hisd overlapping runs from there.

Kennedy and Rommedahl need to torment opponents from the right or center .

WELCOME DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's to a mutually beneficial time for you and for Ajax.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Is it too early to start the latest Orlando Engelaar to Ajax rumour? Excuse the gallows humour. Too much iced tea has me jittery. Got to cut down on the caffeine.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za aug 11, 2007 12:03 pm

If Sneijder does leave (which seems more likely...) Ajax are credited to want either Afellay or Aissati. Both good players but from PSV..

We really need a playmaker replacement now
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo aug 12, 2007 1:20 pm

former club brugge striker mendoza is coming for a quick trial

in dutch
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 12, 2007 7:17 pm

I saw Andres " El Condor " Mendoza play in Peru and in the US for the Peruvian National Team. When I saw him , he showed pace to turn players while driving in from a wing position and the size to play inside . I believe he's about 6'3" . Pacy with long strides. Has played in Europe for a few years. Might be worth a look at the right price.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 12, 2007 8:19 pm

I lied. Wikipedia says he's 6'2" . I hope he does well in his trial. If he does , I might be able to break out my Sporting Cristal jersey.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » zo aug 12, 2007 8:21 pm

It's been a looong time but I'm back in the forum, hope everyone is doing well. This Mendoza news has really surprised me, I can't believe it. I know him very well since he started playing football with Sporting Cristal here in Peru and believe me this is not the kind of player we should get. My friends, this guy is no Farfan.

Mendoza is probably the most hated player here in Peru because of an incredible, incredible, unbeliavable goal he missed in the last minute against Ecuador in a qualifying game for the world cup. I wanted to kill myself when I saw him miss,every single person in the stadium shouted at the same time: "son of a b**...!!!" after he missed that shot .I'll never forget that, I'll try finding a video of it so you guys can understand what I mean.
But Mendoza was also kicked out of the national team when he was younger because he started laughing and making fun of our anthem. He is the kind of player you see miss a goal and he manages to have a huge smile in his face all the time.
Physically he is strong, very fast and has a powerful left kick. He never uses his right foot to kick. He missed that goal against Ecuador because of that, he was alone in front of the goal, he only needed to use his right foot to push the ball inside but the idiot tried kicking it with his left (he didn't even kicked the ball, he just missed the ball in the air). His heading is not that good.
Definetly his best years where at Club Brugge where he played from 1999 to 2005, then that year he left to Olympique de Marseille where the coach thought he was dissapointing and let him go to Metalurg Donezkt from Ukraine.
He is fast and has a strong kick but his attitude is unbeliavable, he seems to just simply not care at all about anything. If Ten Cate thinks he is a good back up for Huntelaar or Suarez I think Ajax should buy me, I'm far better. If Ajax decides to buy Mendoza (I pray to God that we don't) I think it will be a mistake, but well, this is football anything can happen, maybe he starts playing well and I wont hate him that much. Anyways is great being back in the forum, hope we have a great season this year :ajaxsmiley.gif:
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 12, 2007 8:57 pm

I think Ajax is looking at Mendoza as cover for Suarez, not as a first eleven player . We need cover. Not sure who else is on the market. I like the pace of Mitea or Manucharyan , but the injuries... I like Goossens , but do you really want a player with little or no experience as cover ? I like Emanuelson...at left back.Sorry to be singing a familiar refrain .
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo aug 12, 2007 9:55 pm

With Sneijder gone, there's another huge gap in midfield following the Davids injury.

I've heard rumours of Ajax being linked to Afellay, Aissati (both PSVers..) Van der Vaart, Boussoufa, and even old man Seedorf.

It's hard to imagine seeing any of them at Ajax..hey I think we should use Kenneth Perez!!

Oh wait.
Get a Cock

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo aug 12, 2007 10:01 pm

There's really something wrong. They couldn't sell Babel, Perez and Sneijder the same summer... But they did. I wonder who will be the guy able to strike from long range. Ajax will really miss those goals.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » zo aug 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Yeah, long range goals, free kicks, he was very important for us. Not easy to replace
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:There's really something wrong. They couldn't sell Babel, Perez and Sneijder the same summer... But they did. I wonder who will be the guy able to strike from long range. Ajax will really miss those goals.
It's totally short sighted to say the least, especially with Davids out injured, and even when fit, he's not exactly one for the future. Van Geel is quoted as saying that We are proud that after Ryan Babel another player from our youth program has joined a European top club for a lot of money" but you'd have thought that they might also have been proud to do well in Europe or to win the league or whatever.

Very poor show and makes a mockery of their statements earlier in the summer. I've just re-checked Ajax.nl and see that they've now taken down the "Sneijder stays" headline that was up further down the page till about 5 minutes ago - someone obviously saw the irony in that particular situation.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » zo aug 12, 2007 10:32 pm

The only player that can save the season and replace sneijder is riquelme.
He should cost about 10m
I really cant understand the ajax policy.. for the first time in many years we have a solid defence, but guess what our midfield sucks, we dont have even one creative playmaker after sneider left. This is getting very frustrating as our sinings for the new season are horrible exept suares, there are no real quality winger. I guess that this season ajax will play diffencive style...

We need a super top quality purchase now!!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo aug 12, 2007 10:44 pm

But Kennedy can play in that position...besides...in the early/mid 90's we also lost key players such as Jonk and Bergkamp...this time its Babel and Sneijder...the future is bright for Ajax

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » zo aug 12, 2007 10:50 pm

Riquelme would be fucking great ,but is too hard for us to make a deal .

I really cannot see any player ,that we can buy ,at Wesley´s level.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo aug 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Van der Vaart schreef:Riquelme would be fucking great ,but is too hard for us to make a deal .

I really cannot see any player ,that we can buy ,at Wesley´s level.
Jesus Christ!!!! What is up with these guys. Why do you have sell someone at the end of the transfer season. This is so frigging short-sighted.With him in the team, we might have gone that one extra round which would've brought us money anyway.

This is the most disappointing thing I've heard all month. Wasn't Van Geel supposed to be this really smart dude who was supposed to get us really good players. We're going to have a really tough time buying anyone for cheap as everyone knows that we're sitting on a load of cash.

I don't see anything he's done this summer except getting Suarez.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 13, 2007 12:16 am

So much for the idea that CL football , and the group stage , is important to Ajax. I guess the 27 million should offset any CL failure. Unless they figure Slavia Prague will just roll over and die. Obviously , management didn't learn jack shit from the Zlatan sale . Forget Ajax = Art . To the money gubbing whores , Ajax = money . Period. I know Sneijder was not long for Ajax , but THREE DAYS? Jesus Christ. Also , I know we've lost talented players a zillion times before. But , THREE DAYS?

Regarding player moves, I can't see Riquelme to Ajax . I do see us going Spanish however. Not sure whom . La Liga or Liga 2 aren't as far along in their training so a Prieto or Motta makes some sense. Re: Riquelme , it appears he's returning to Villareal. Also, Kennedy can slot in to the center , but that leaves exactly Rommedahl to play right wing. God help us if we suffer , when we suffer , another injury.

So , now we need a left midfielder , a center mid who can score and create ( or a rw if Kennedy moves inside) , and perhaps a sercond, multi-positional mf as coverage. All in three days. Just Bloody Lovely!!!

I wonder if the cow who left the beautiful steaming sculpture in the middle of the ArenA pitch is available for an encore?
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 13, 2007 1:00 am

Please let's stop with those latin purchases, they tend to not deliver and never be in the mood for life in the north.
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 13, 2007 1:19 am

If we can find players who have the skill and heart of Gabri , MOST OF THE TIME and minus the tarjetas rojas , I'm all for signing good Latin talent ...or talent from anywhere for that matter.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma aug 13, 2007 5:34 am

ok people wait a sec here...Sneijder aint no Maradona..i mean I can understand the feeling here but...was Ajax really that Sneijder dependant ??? If the answer is yes than we were already fucked in the first place. Is our team that terrible that without Sneijder we cant beat Slavia Prague ???. I think not. Football is so fucking unpredictable...last season we had Sneijder,Babel and Perez and what happened ??? Copenhagen fucked us through the arse in the champs league and even though we came close in the end we lost the Eredivisie title...I dont know about you guy's but after a lot of thought i'm ready to look in another direccion...it's time to move on, turn the page, say hello to new players, and a new squad..hell we might all be surprised.

We all know Van Geel way to much....I steel believe something is gonna happen, some transfer's are coming and in the end...everything is going to be fine.

Crossing Fingers that i dont have to eat my words.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 13, 2007 8:12 am

We all know Van Geel way to much....I steel believe something is gonna happen, some transfer's are coming and in the end...everything is going to be fine.
maybe they will buy a new grass for the Arena, and new lockers for De Toekomst ?
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 13, 2007 8:25 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:ok people wait a sec here...Sneijder aint no Maradona..i mean I can understand the feeling here but...was Ajax really that Sneijder dependant ??? If the answer is yes than we were already fucked in the first place. Is our team that terrible that without Sneijder we cant beat Slavia Prague ???. I think not. Football is so fucking unpredictable...last season we had Sneijder,Babel and Perez and what happened ??? Copenhagen fucked us through the arse in the champs league and even though we came close in the end we lost the Eredivisie title...I dont know about you guy's but after a lot of thought i'm ready to look in another direccion...it's time to move on, turn the page, say hello to new players, and a new squad..hell we might all be surprised.

Crossing Fingers that i dont have to eat my words.
Funny that, I was thinking the same thing... Sneijder is a good footballer, and plays in a key position for Ajax, but I can't say with hand on heart that his performances in that role have been consistentlyso incredible that he has driven the team to a higher level, and that without him the world is going to collapse. When he first burst onto the scene he turned games on his own (e.g. Holland v. Scotland play off) but it's been rare to see him do that in the last couple of years. A player you find hard to replace is a guy who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and determine it's direction over the long term... Rafael V.d.V. had that quality too for a while, then went off the boil 12 to 18 months before he left.

Onto the thread subject ( ;o) ), last night on Studio Voetbal they interviewed Van Geel by phone, and he confirmed that they had already been studying replacements for a week or so. He said finding a direct replacement was difficult because if there was another Wesley out there who was less expensive Real Madrid wouldn't have come to Ajax. He said the solution was was probably bringing in a combination of several players to compensate for Wesley's absence. Out of the blue Hugo Borst asked him if they were going to try to get Mota, to which Van Geel hesitated slightly and then said he didn't want to discuss specific names. Borst had a big grin on his face and was nodding his head up and down as Van Geel answered suggesting he knew more.

Who the hell is Mota??? :confused.gif:

A (very) quick look on Google would suggest he's a Swiss bloke playing for Sampdoria. There's also a Brazilian playing in South Korea for Seongnam.

Is it on of these or is there another one out there?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 13, 2007 9:20 am

I believe Mr. Borst was refering to Thiago Motta. Thiago Motta is a spanish MF who plays at Barcelona . I recall seeing him play in friendlies, Amsterdam Tourney 02 comes to mind , in a # 3 shirt . I think he would be more of a younger replacement for Davids than for Sneijder. I also remember than he had at least one injury which had him out for 8 months or more.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 13, 2007 9:22 am

Manneken Pis schreef: A (very) quick look on Google would suggest he's a Swiss bloke playing for Sampdoria.
this one is Da Mota
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma aug 13, 2007 9:22 am

It's Motta, from Barcelona. AC Milan is also interested in him.

Furthermore, Van Geel said yesterday evening in a tv programme that Ajax will not buy a replacement before wednesday. So Ten Cate has to figure it out with the current squad. But Ajax will buy 2 or 3 players in the comming weeks, otherwise we're seriously fucked.

Plaats reactie