Wesley Sneijder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za aug 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Good.

I hope we get them in the Champions League.

Irony has a habit of biting you in the arse in cases like this... :ajaxsmiley.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za aug 11, 2007 3:10 pm

lequipe.fr (usually a reliable source) has him going to Real for 25 million euros, which is good money.
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za aug 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Sneijder looks set to stay this season. I wonder how he's feeling about this..
Real Madrid have ended their interest in Wesley Sneijder after their latest move for the midfielder was rejected by Ajax, the Dutch club has announced.

The Spanish giants had tabled a bid of around 24million euros (£16million) for the 23-year-old in midweek, with the Dutch champions thought to be holding out for 30million euros (£20million).

Ajax then lowered that price tag on Friday, with reports in Spain suggesting a deal had been reached by the two outfits.

Those rumours were later quashed by Ajax, who have now announced Madrid have withdrawn their interest after the clubs were unable to agree on details.

A statement on www.ajax.nl confirmed: "Ajax have rejected an ultimatum by Real Madrid about the transfer of Wesley Sneijder. The Spanish club has subsequently withdrawn its offer for the Ajax midfielder.

"Ajax received an official offer from Real Madrid about the transfer of Wesley Sneijder for 24million euros on Wednesday. In a fax it was announced that Sneijder had to be eligible to play in Spain before August 24.

"Ajax then lowered the initial fee from 30million euros to 27million euros. Real Madrid reacted on Friday 7pm with the message that their offer was not negotiable.

"Then all of a sudden an ultimatum was issued to decide with a 'yes' or 'no' within the next three hours.

"Ajax refuse to be put under pressure and have rejected the ultimatum. Real Madrid then withdrew their offer."

The news will be welcomed by Ajax coach Henk ten Cate, who will have Sneijder available for the opening leg of their Champions League third qualifying round clash against Slavia Prague on Wednesday.
Get a Cock

JM

Bericht door JM » za aug 11, 2007 3:40 pm

You guys sure know how to make me nervous. I hope this is the end of it.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Real Madrid acting like nothing more than schoolyard bullies or shakedown artists. Ultimatums ? What's next? The firebomb through the shop window? Must be available to play in Spain by August 24. Hey Real...Here's a royal FUCK YOU!!!

I've doubled my order to two Real voodoo dolls. And extra long pins.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 11, 2007 5:55 pm

Blind3 schreef:Real Madrid acting like nothing more than schoolyard bullies or shakedown artists. Ultimatums ? What's next? The firebomb through the shop window? Must be available to play in Spain by August 24. Hey Real...Here's a royal FUCK YOU!!!

I've doubled my order to two Real voodoo dolls. And extra long pins.
Here you go -
http://www.t0.or.at/vvv/vvv.htm
OR
http://www.spellmaker.com/doll.htm
OR
http://www.seefred.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/ ... oodoll.htm

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Thank you Amol! I very much appreciate the research on your part. I'm getting two others as well...PSV and F-word. A couple of badge graphics and I'm all set
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Blind3 schreef:Thank you Amol! I very much appreciate the research on your part. I'm getting two others as well...PSV and F-word. A couple of badge graphics and I'm all set
Pleasure is all mine. Madrid, by far is my most hated club out there. I usually curse them at the beginning of the year, but failed to do so last year :blush.gif:

A friend of mine is a die hard Real supporter and always gets me riled up. So the need for cursing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 11, 2007 7:24 pm

I am very pleased we were not bullied.With an important CL game next week it would have given us no time to buy a replacement.

Real are probably a month too late as a deal would have been done then.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo aug 12, 2007 12:11 pm

Real officialy apoligized for their behaviour. i hope this doesn't mean that they will come with new offer now

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 12, 2007 7:25 pm

I think the only reason that Madrid apologized was that Ajax stood up to them . Like a bully who backs down when the kid he's terrorizing turns out to have taken boxing lessons.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo aug 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Sneijder left for 27m euros to real Madrid

http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=63767

Best of Luck Wes!
Get a Cock

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Ladies and Gentleman, the season is fucked... This is confirmed by Ajax.nl

I'm not that surprised, but still, I can't believe how not ambitious they are...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo aug 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Our fatcats friends are killing Ajax.

Let's get rid of them now !
Laatst gewijzigd door Philippe op ma aug 13, 2007 9:06 am, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo aug 12, 2007 9:42 pm

Yeh...First Babel now Sneijder, soon we'll lose Huntelaar, Heitinga, and the likes of Stam will retire.... fuck.

27 million euros is a lot of money, now if HTC used some brains and used it for fantastic players (not known as Colin, Rommedahl, Delorge...) we can still get a team going.

Now who is going to replace Sneijder? It's hard to find someone of his calibre in a week, and we can't trust our ranks as the likes of Sarpong havent got enough games.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo aug 12, 2007 9:47 pm

the people who currently run the club are only intested in making profits, which can be achieved in selling players, and even without winning trophies...

before Sneijder left we were already looking for a midfielder, so now ...

CL, here we come ! :icon_sad.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 12, 2007 9:59 pm

This is very disapointing, though I'm not surprised. I thought that Real "apologising" was just part of the game - they get their player and Ajax keep some face by 'not' giving in to blackmail. All very disapointing but also all so predictable.

At least we have a couple of weeks to sign a replacement I suppose, better than the couple of days with Zlatan.

Do we know if Real are paying all the cash up front?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo aug 12, 2007 10:11 pm

Nope.
I still wonder why they lowered the price from 30 to 27... Do they really needed to sell ????
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » zo aug 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Nope.
I still wonder why they lowered the price from 30 to 27... Do they really needed to sell ????
For 27 million :headbang.gif: :onfire.gif:

Ajax can do a lot with 27 million -- AND Van Geel has 2 weeks to add some real quality/depth to the squad.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op zo aug 12, 2007 10:41 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » zo aug 12, 2007 10:37 pm

We´re Fucked :excited.gif:

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » zo aug 12, 2007 11:06 pm

Its really frustrating. I really thought that this year the team
could do wonderful things in the CL and in league
but now the feelig is almost gone as admittedly ajax's best has player left.
Ajax has to work really hard these days to find someone to replace him
I hope that we wont settle for a mediocre player.
On the bright side i think that Sarpong will be able to play more
now and hopefully will become our next number 10. :anew.gif: :ajax.gif: :anew.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 13, 2007 12:42 am

Two weeks? Doesn't the CL group phase start Wednesday? Or has Slavia Prague sent a condolence card to Ajax after the loss Of Sneijder and decided to forfeit the tie to Ajax?

I said it in another thread. Ajax = MONEY . I guess the shareholders , those not supporters anyway , will be happy.

As for terms of the deal , I wouldn't be surprised if Ajax allows the a-holes to pay as you go.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 13, 2007 12:55 am

Awesome deal, I know we all like Wesley and all, but man 27 million euros, we struck a great deal there, and Wesley's mind was not really in Amsterdam anymore anyway.

So now let's try to make the team better with the good money and focus on the new season.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 13, 2007 1:10 am

I'm not adverse to us moving Wesley Sneijder . I'm adverse to the Zlatanesque timing. I understand 27 mill is real , no pun intended, money. It's bad enough we're still trying to find depth at LW and left MF , unless Mendoza's just in Amsterdam on a whim and the talk of a replacement for Edje is just more talk in the "Sneijder is staying" vein , but now we're out our mf schemer and fk supremo.

A situation that's pretty as a dog poop painting.

One thing I guess we can believe , no additional players by Wednesday. I hope Smicer is hurt for Slavia . Or suspended.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 13, 2007 1:20 am

Blind3 schreef:I'm not adverse to us moving Wesley Sneijder . I'm adverse to the Zlatanesque timing. I understand 27 mill is real , no pun intended, money. It's bad enough we're still trying to find depth at LW and left MF , unless Mendoza's just in Amsterdam on a whim and the talk of a replacement for Edje is just more talk in the "Sneijder is staying" vein , but now we're out our mf schemer and fk supremo.

A situation that's pretty as a dog poop painting.

One thing I guess we can believe , no additional players by Wednesday. I hope Smicer is hurt for Slavia . Or suspended.
In modern football nothing's impossible when you have the money in hands to pay big salaries and transfer fees. I feel good about all this.

Gesloten