New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jul 19, 2007 7:59 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
paladinby schreef: Belarusian Football federation got something like 2-3 mln euros for him.
I've not heard of this scenario. Are you saying that the Ukranian National team had to pay a type of transfer fee to the Belorussian Football Association so that he could play for Ukraine instead?

That would be quite incredible imo.
Hey, in Eastern Europe ANYTHING is possible.....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » do jul 19, 2007 9:25 am

I've not heard of this scenario. Are you saying that the Ukranian National team had to pay a type of transfer fee to the Belorussian Football Association so that he could play for Ukraine instead?

Have you ever heard that you can bribe a policeman in Eastern Europe or a football referee? Just think of it like it's some other planet.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jul 19, 2007 8:41 pm

paladinby schreef:

Have you ever heard that you can bribe a policeman in Eastern Europe or a football referee? Just think of it like it's some other planet.
Well, I don't beleieve everything I read so can't comment on Eastern Europe in general but anything like this in the football world would have to be under UEFA/FIFA rules surely? That's what I can't quite work out.......
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do jul 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Spits Urzaiz (35) naar Ajax

Ajax heeft zich versterkt met de 35-jarige Spanjaard Ismael Urzaiz (l). De gelouterde spits van Athletic Bilbao ondertekent een contract voor een jaar bij de Amsterdamse club. ANP Photo
AMSTERDAM (ANP) - Ajax heeft zich versterkt met de 35-jarige Spanjaard Ismael Urzaiz. De gelouterde spits van Athletic Bilbao ondertekent een contract voor een jaar bij de Amsterdamse club.

Hij is al medisch goedgekeurd en wordt op korte termijn gepresenteerd. ,,Hij is zo fit als een hoentje'', liet technisch directeur Martin van Geel weten.

,,We hebben onze pinchhitter binnen'', vervolgde hij. ,,Ismael wordt de tweede man achter Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. Hij gaat als breekijzer dienen, als targetman, om een verdedigende muur te slechten. Hij heeft uiteraard ingestemd met die rol.''

Urzaiz debuteerde zestien jaar geleden in de Spaanse profliga bij Albacete. Daarna speelde hij voor Celta Vigo, Rayo Vallecano, Salamanca en Espanyol. Vanaf 1996 kwam hij uit voor Athletic Bilbao. Voor die club maakte hij 115 treffers in 366 wedstrijden. Urzaiz mocht bij Bilbao transfervrij vertrekken.

35 year old Urzaiz signed a one year deal. He's to be the pinch hitter Ten Cate wanted. Urzaiz comes from Bilbao
I think I lost my fucking headache

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jul 19, 2007 9:13 pm

LucaS schreef:
Spits Urzaiz (35) naar Ajax

Ajax heeft zich versterkt met de 35-jarige Spanjaard Ismael Urzaiz (l). De gelouterde spits van Athletic Bilbao ondertekent een contract voor een jaar bij de Amsterdamse club. ANP Photo
AMSTERDAM (ANP) - Ajax heeft zich versterkt met de 35-jarige Spanjaard Ismael Urzaiz. De gelouterde spits van Athletic Bilbao ondertekent een contract voor een jaar bij de Amsterdamse club.

Hij is al medisch goedgekeurd en wordt op korte termijn gepresenteerd. ,,Hij is zo fit als een hoentje'', liet technisch directeur Martin van Geel weten.

,,We hebben onze pinchhitter binnen'', vervolgde hij. ,,Ismael wordt de tweede man achter Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. Hij gaat als breekijzer dienen, als targetman, om een verdedigende muur te slechten. Hij heeft uiteraard ingestemd met die rol.''

Urzaiz debuteerde zestien jaar geleden in de Spaanse profliga bij Albacete. Daarna speelde hij voor Celta Vigo, Rayo Vallecano, Salamanca en Espanyol. Vanaf 1996 kwam hij uit voor Athletic Bilbao. Voor die club maakte hij 115 treffers in 366 wedstrijden. Urzaiz mocht bij Bilbao transfervrij vertrekken.

35 year old Urzaiz signed a one year deal. He's to be the pinch hitter Ten Cate wanted. Urzaiz comes from Bilbao
Well I've never heard of him but at 35 he's not exactly one for the future is he?!

He could still be a good signing of course but I'd be happier if he was 5 (or 10) years younger.....

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » do jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:He could still be a good signing of course but I'd be happier if he was 5 (or 10) years younger.....
A pinch hitter from 25, if you could find a pinch hitter of that age he would be a very bad player or he would be crazy. On your 25th you still have ambitions as a good player. This player is experienced, fysical strong, tall, good heading, and knows that he has to play as a pinch hitter and wants to do it. Also outside the field he can be a benefit to the group. With his experience and knowledge he can learn a guy like Huntelaar a lot. Before he came, Huntelaar had no one as experienced striker who could learn him more..

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jul 20, 2007 7:34 am

Daniel_vT schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:He could still be a good signing of course but I'd be happier if he was 5 (or 10) years younger.....
A pinch hitter from 25, if you could find a pinch hitter of that age he would be a very bad player or he would be crazy. On your 25th you still have ambitions as a good player. This player is experienced, fysical strong, tall, good heading, and knows that he has to play as a pinch hitter and wants to do it. Also outside the field he can be a benefit to the group. With his experience and knowledge he can learn a guy like Huntelaar a lot. Before he came, Huntelaar had no one as experienced striker who could learn him more..
I'm obviously not up to speed on the jargon. What's a "pinch hitter" please?

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr jul 20, 2007 7:45 am

Somebody you can bring on the pitch the last part of the match when you're desperately are looking for a goal (or more) and the normal fieldplay doesn't work. Often a long and strong player
I think I lost my fucking headache

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jul 20, 2007 12:07 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I'm obviously not up to speed on the jargon. What's a "pinch hitter" please?
Basically it's the opposite of a "pint shitter".

Does that clear it up for you.... :drecul.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 20, 2007 2:08 pm

Pinch hitter is a baseball term . In that game ,it's somone who takes the batting /hitting place of another. In this case, it would be the introduction of a striker who is ,or very nearly is, two meters tall. I've watched Ismael Urzaiz on Gol Tv's broadcasts of Athletic matches. The guy is ginormous. He is a pretty good goal poaching option. He and the Hunter , twin towers, could give opponents fits if HtC decides to go with that look up front.

Is it just me thinking this way or does anyone else think Ajax might do well to sell Spanish language dictionaries in the Team shop? And Euskadi/Basque flags.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jul 20, 2007 3:28 pm

he`s the classic battering ram type striker...big, tall and strong...but clumsy think off an annastassiou type player with a couple of more inches in height. He once was the top striker in spain's national team. But he has gotten old...in fact Ten Cate lured him out of retirement.

Let`s hope he can bring something good to the table, its been a while since i have had a chance to catch a glimpse of him.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jul 20, 2007 4:03 pm

great player, although I would have preferred a younger one improving this year and catching next time the n° 9 spot when huntelaar will be sold...

but what about these rumours on dennis rommedhal at ajax? would be great!
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 20, 2007 4:03 pm

And we signed Dennis Rommedahl, too!

Ex-PSV. Right winger. Now this is a signing that I don't like. I always thought he was crap...

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jul 20, 2007 4:27 pm

I don't know..a few years ago I really liked him like one of the best (and the few) right wingers around..
O tempora o mores

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » vr jul 20, 2007 5:38 pm

After signing urzaiz what will with the milevsky transfer?
we need him also

dws

Bericht door dws » vr jul 20, 2007 5:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:And we signed Dennis Rommedahl, too!

Ex-PSV. Right winger. Now this is a signing that I don't like. I always thought he was crap...

K.
Not another winger who can't cross the ball :furious3.gif: .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 20, 2007 7:25 pm

I seem to remember a Ko-ism about Rommedahl that I agreed with when I first heard it 5 or 6 years ago. The -ism was a description of said Bulb alumnus and Charlton disaster as a player running around the pitch like the Roadrunner cartoon character . Fast , but little else.

Maybe we can exchange him for Perez and send " beep-beep" Dennis back to Bulb City. I know he's 28 and still in his prime playing years and adds gobs of experience ( RKC , PSV, Charlton) , but ...and excuse me for beating around the bush .... I HATE THIS MOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Thus endeth the sermon.

:eusa_doh.gif:
Laatst gewijzigd door Blind3 op vr jul 20, 2007 7:52 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 20, 2007 7:30 pm

Wonder if the Rommedahl deal is just as cover for Kennedy , or if this changes Kennedy's role ; for example , moving him into more of midfield or # 10 role.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jul 20, 2007 8:16 pm

Never have payed atentión too him so cant really give my opinión....we are getting a bit old on the transfer's now....just a thougt.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za jul 21, 2007 9:47 am

Blind3 schreef:Wonder if the Rommedahl deal is just as cover for Kennedy , or if this changes Kennedy's role ; for example , moving him into more of midfield or # 10 role.
No he will be a cover for Kennedy (thank god). Rommedahl does the 100 meters in 4 seconds, but has hardly any football-skills.

This is not the Ajax-style of scouting.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 21, 2007 11:32 am

Blind3 schreef:Pinch hitter is a baseball term .
OK, that explains why I'd not heard it. I see what you're saying though.

Rommedahl was a complete nthingness at Charlton btw, not that easy - not impressed by that signing and he's older now etc. I take it he was a free though....?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 21, 2007 11:50 am

Bad news he is costing 1m euros!!! Didn't impress at Charlton.

Overall not impressed with our signings. a 35 year old striker ,Delorge who played for Charlton and possibly Collin from Norwich.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » za jul 21, 2007 9:16 pm

Hate to correct you SPL but im sure Delorge played for Coventry,& poorly on the few occasions he did play.

Must say im a bit worried about the three lads that have been brought in with league experience in England.Delorge was a flop at Coventry,saw Collin twice with Norwich & i think average would be a good word to describe him.As for Rommendahl he once scored a last minute goal against Palace & i dislike him for that :hypocrite.gif: ,but thats all he ever did for Charlton & i think he's rubbish.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 22, 2007 5:05 am

I believe Rommedahl had a whopping 4 goals in 75 games for Charlton. Delorge is depth at best. I mean , Coventry and Den Haag is not a world beating football pedigree. I'm glad we have the likes of Sarpong to play on the left . Or Sneijder. if Heitinga plays in the midfield . I'd hate to us have to be too reliant on Delorge.

Not even August and already Davids , Mitea , and Vertonghen hurt. W-T-F ?
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 22, 2007 1:44 pm

sorry I did mean Delorge at Coventry.

Plaats reactie