Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jun 12, 2007 9:17 am

From Voetbal International:

De Mul kan can sign for 5 years with Sevilla

12/6/2007 9 :18

Ajax and Sevilla have negotiated the transfer of Tom De Mul to Spain. For the 21-year old Belgian youth international, a 5 year contact lies ready to be signed with the UEFA Cup-winners.
Martin van Geel, technical director from Ajax, has confirmed that the negotiations are completed. The Amsterdammers have agreed of a transfer fee of around €4 million for the right winger, who wants to leave.

'I know what I want: to play for Sevilla', De Mul had stated earlier. 'Which footballer would not want to play for such a good club?'

With Ajax the Belgian has a contract that still lasts until mid 2008. The difficult atmosphere in the changing room convinced De Mul that leaving was what was best for him.

Sounds like he was tired of being told he couldn't beat his man even if the defender was tied up and he was given a baseball bat............
:drecul.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jun 12, 2007 11:18 am

Now that we sold both Rosales and de Mul, we badly need to sign a right winger :koe2.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di jun 12, 2007 11:26 am

We signed Kennedy.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jun 12, 2007 12:33 pm

...and I'am convinced that leonardo and even more edgar manucharyan could be very good also in the right wing..
O tempora o mores

JM

Bericht door JM » di jun 12, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm real curious to see Kennedy get a go there. The Swedes I know like him a lot!

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » di jun 12, 2007 9:33 pm

And still I am a bit anxious about him..

K.J. Huntelaar

Bericht door K.J. Huntelaar » wo jun 13, 2007 1:39 pm

So Perez is surely leaving?
Absolute Ajax and Olimpija Ljubljana Fan

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » wo jun 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Yes, he is surely leaving. He want's to go to PSV, but Ajax probably don't want him to go to an direct competitor, so it's getting a bit weird this whole transfer story of Perez..

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 13, 2007 11:33 pm

The english press are telling 2 sides to Babel to Arsenal. Independent which is a good quality paper quotes Wenger as saying he does not want Babel, but the Mirror a low quality tabloid paper today states they want him .

I think the first story is probably true. I do not think he will go this summer.

Papers having to fill news I believe.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 16, 2007 1:17 pm

May I suggest we continue with Babel talk here rather than in new players.

The press item about him wanting to go to Arsenal appeared in January and has just been thrown in again as a way of filling paper space.

I will be surprised if he goes this summer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Valencia have evidently made a14m euros bid for Sneijder. A couple of more million euros and we will probably say yes!

I note that 2 of our reserves are lining up moves

Duistin Huisman to MVV
Michael Timisela to VVV Venlo. Both did not have their contracts renewed.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Here is an idea...swap Perez for Castelen, Feyenoord are harmless, so the addition of perez wont hurt. Plus we need a right winger

Maurice
Contacteer:

Bericht door Maurice » za jun 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Here is an idea...swap Perez for Castelen, Feyenoord are harmless, so the addition of perez wont hurt. Plus we need a right winger
Well if i remember correctly , Castelen dreamed transfer is to join PSG... I don't think he want's to join Ajax. + we already have Backircoglu and Leonardo.
Pompiedom

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 16, 2007 3:33 pm

And Castelen isn't great. De Ridder, De Mul, and Krohn-Dehli are better.

Sneijder claims he still wants to leave Ajax, and that they know it. Only the financial stuff is the problem.
Get a Cock

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo jun 17, 2007 1:50 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:And Castelen isn't great. De Ridder, De Mul, and Krohn-Dehli are better.

Sneijder claims he still wants to leave Ajax, and that they know it. Only the financial stuff is the problem.
Castelen is easily better than De Ridder and Krohn-Dehli, and at least as good as De Mul, probably better

Sevag

Bericht door Sevag » zo jun 17, 2007 3:03 am

The more games Babel plays in the U-21 competition, the more likely he will attract foreign clubs. Arsenal does seem like a believable option, after the competition it will be clear if he is staying or leaving.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma jun 18, 2007 1:04 am

Looks like Arsenal is ready to make a £6mln offer for Babel, after under-21 championship. In his contract with Ajax his ransom fee is £6mln, so if Wenger really decides to make the offer, we can do pretty much nothing about that. i have to say this would be fuc*ing shame to see him leaving this summer. 6mln is not bad money, but i think after 1 or 2 seasons with Ajax, his worth could be double

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma jun 18, 2007 9:58 am

Van basten schreef:Looks like Arsenal is ready to make a £6mln offer for Babel, after under-21 championship. In his contract with Ajax his ransom fee is £6mln, so if Wenger really decides to make the offer, we can do pretty much nothing about that. i have to say this would be fuc*ing shame to see him leaving this summer. 6mln is not bad money, but i think after 1 or 2 seasons with Ajax, his worth could be double
Or he could disappoint (not that I'm a big fan of the dude anyway.....) and get in conflict à la Van der Vaart / de Boer and leave the club for shit next summer. Also you have to understand that the closer you are of the end of your contract, the cheaper you are, so I doubt seeing him stay longer at Ajax would actually improve what he's worth, unless he gets a big ass contract extension (that he probably won't sign anyway, because stupid young players dream of Liga, Premier League and Calcio and there's basically nothing we can do about that as long as the Eredivisie will be so uneven in quality). He can go for all I care we'll find another golden nugget in the youth ranks to replace him, that's how it goes.
meh :|

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jun 18, 2007 11:19 am

carcajou schreef:...unless he gets a big ass contract extension (that he probably won't sign anyway, because stupid young players dream of Liga, Premier League and Calcio and there's basically nothing we can do about that as long as the Eredivisie will be so uneven in quality).
Well, he won't sign a new one soon as he just signed until 2010 last february if I remember well. This means his value can still be higher next summer at least, so we are not in a hurry to sell. Except if Ajax don't believe in him and in that case, of course, the sooner, the better...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma jun 18, 2007 11:48 am

carcajou wrote
He can go for all I care we'll find another golden nugget in the youth ranks to replace him, that's how it goes
If it was so easy..

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 18, 2007 12:18 pm

If he goes to Arsenal now, he will be on the bench in no time.

If he's smart he'll stay for another two years - and then leave.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jun 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:If he goes to Arsenal now, he will be on the bench in no time.

If he's smart he'll stay for another two years - and then leave.

K.
Depends also on the agent's influence.....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 18, 2007 5:58 pm

I thought I read the minimum 10m euros applies to summer of 2008 onwards ie period of his new contract.

Would agree he would only sit on the Arsenall bench.4th/ 5th choice striker at a club who play 4-4-2.

If he is set on a move then Ajax should sell him now but why did he sign a new contract 4 months ago if he wants out this summer???

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jun 18, 2007 7:02 pm

SPL schreef: but why did he sign a new contract 4 months ago if he wants out this summer???
I think MP answered that one
Depends also on the agent's influence.....
If remember rightly four months ago he wasn't doing that well and he signed and now he is playing again Mr Agent has put $£$£'s in his eyes....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jun 19, 2007 1:11 pm

an italian indipendent website says that it's not so sure that the affaire between KJH and Juventus is over.
According to this website, in my opinion not a bullshit-site, the statement of Klaas "I will remain at Ajax still one year" was made for increasing his possibile salary in Turin
O tempora o mores

Plaats reactie