Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Van basten

Re: Rosenberg on his way out...

Bericht door Van basten » do jan 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: According to Swedish newspaper AS one of the clubs interested in Rosenberg is... PSV. They reportedly offered Ajax a fee of 3 million euros, but Ajax want to receive twice as much. According to AS Olympique Lyon, Levante, Espanyol, Parma, Hamburger SV, Roda JC and Feyenoord have also shown interest at some point. Ajax, meanwhile, claim that there is no serious interest whatsoever at the moment.
.[/b]
we will not get 6 milions for him. 4-5 milion would be resionable

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za jan 06, 2007 1:44 pm

let's sell Mel Perez instead :D
Appie, stay strong !

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » wo jan 24, 2007 12:39 pm

Rosenberg went to Werder???

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jan 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Azeri schreef:Rosenberg went to Werder???
No. Werder are said to be interested, that's all. Rumour mill.

His agent, Martin Dahlin, said: "Ajax want to sell Rosenberg, but the clubs that are interested only seem to want him on loan."

K.
Still alive...

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » wo jan 24, 2007 1:17 pm

The matter is that this "rumour" is published by Sport-Express (Moscow)... quite reliable newspaper so far.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jan 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Ajax.nl : "Markus Rosenberg naar Werder Bremen"

Now, this is official... He won't play in UEFA if I understand well.
Good luck guy !
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jan 25, 2007 7:21 pm

They are taking about beween 3 and 4 1/2 million €.

Sounds good to me.
Never disliked the guy (team player, tried hard e.t.c.) but he's never convinced me he was going to make it at Ajax ("T.I.P.S.").
Good luck to him.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » do jan 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Good luck to Markus in his future career!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jan 25, 2007 8:31 pm

(see below X'C )
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

roche
Contacteer:

Bericht door roche » do jan 25, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm totally out of the "know" on this, but did this guy get a fair shake at the club? I'm not a big fan or anything, just curious. I feel like he got half a season to prove himself then got eased out once KJH was brought in. It seemed like he needed an adjustment period and once that ended, he was fairly productive for the team.

Just wondering.
"Just one more...then I'll quit...forever"

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 26, 2007 1:34 am

Hmmm... I wonder if it was a good choice for him. He left Ajax because he wasn't first squad player and he didn't play much. But take a look - in Ajax he was 2nd striker (and the runner-up when KJH can't play). Does he really think that in Werder he could play more? Bremen has a really good season this year, it seems Werder works good, so I'm afraid it could be hard for Rosenberg to become a first squad player...

Besides in my opinion the best option for Ajax would be loaning him with "could be returned" clause.

PS: Henk ten Cate said that he would buy a new player when someone would leave the club. Second part is done, now I'm waiting for a new Ajacied.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 26, 2007 2:06 am

4.5 million is decent money. OK, not a profit, but covers most of the transfer cost invested and he was able to be of use to the club while he was here. I hope he does well, he has a great mentality and willingness to learn.

Now, I'd go out and buy Cork City centre-back Bennett for 500 grand before Reading get their hands on him and turn a gifted centre-back into a master of the long ball. The Irish league is turning out great finds lately. Kevin Doyle went to Reading for 70 thousand euro (yes, seventy) and is now one of the top strikers in the Premier Leauge.

But the money should be spent on a centreback, is what I'm trying to say. Jaap Stam isn't going to last forever and Grygera is leaving, so best to buy a new one now and blood him in.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jan 26, 2007 4:30 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Hmmm... I wonder if it was a good choice for him. He left Ajax because he wasn't first squad player and he didn't play much. But take a look - in Ajax he was 2nd striker (and the runner-up when KJH can't play). Does he really think that in Werder he could play more? Bremen has a really good season this year, it seems Werder works good, so I'm afraid it could be hard for Rosenberg to become a first squad player...

Besides in my opinion the best option for Ajax would be loaning him with "could be returned" clause.

PS: Henk ten Cate said that he would buy a new player when someone would leave the club. Second part is done, now I'm waiting for a new Ajacied.
Rosenberg was just another striker converted too winger experiment gone wrong. The mistake was done by Ajax not by Markus... he always gave it his best and was willing to play anywhere on the pitch. This case i believe is similar too Escude in that he really did not play bad he just got out of favour with the coach. With blind Babel was the one out with Ten Cate it was Markus..plain and simple.

Werder Bremen have bought him because Klasnic wont be able to play for some three months so at least Rosenberg will get some time to prove himself. At Bremen he at least has a system that is much better suited for his playing style(Bremen use 2 strikers up front) so who knows he might get what he wishes in germany.

Good Luck Markus, and thanks for the time's.

PD: Ten Cate already bought Rosenberg`s replacement (Leonardo :yes: )
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 26, 2007 5:05 am

Thank you so much for your contribution Rosey!!! I honestly hope he goes far in his career, he deserves it.

All the best my son!!!!!!!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jan 26, 2007 12:28 pm

best of luck markus! he was always a good guy and a hard worker
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Top bloke - Markus.

It will be hard to make in impact at Werder Bremen, but I hope he'll do it. I always liked him as a player and I thought he did quite alright on the left wing. And there was a phase in which he scored the goals, too. But Ten Cate very obviously doesn't rate him, so this is probably better for everyone.

Good luck, Markus. I'll keep an eye on you.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 26, 2007 7:59 pm

Good luck Marcus, anyone wanna buy a cheap Ajax shirt ? :sad:

I think I must be a bit cursed with chosing a name for my shirt. Last year I had Yannis (which was deliberate if you see what I mean) but this year all I did deliberately was not chose Huntelaar like everyone else (walking round Amsterdam in the summer I even had one guy saying to me "Huntelaar?, Huntelaar? - Oh not Huntelaar" when he saw I had someone else).

Oh well, at least I've got a collectors item :eusa_dance: . Good player this, I think, shame he didn't fit and wasn't really given that much of a chance.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Thread closed

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 30, 2007 11:52 am

Okay folks, it's time to close this thread down. Markus has made made his official début for Werder Bremen this weekend. I hope he'll do well and I must say I didn't like to see him leave. Fact is that he is a Former Ajax Player now - and that your remarks about him may be posted in that thread from now on.

Good luck, Markus.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten