Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 10, 2006 12:50 pm

JOHN C. JAAKKE

Position: Chairman AFC Ajax and chairman Board of Supervisory Directors AFC AJAX NV
Appointed: 01-07-2003 (AFC Ajax), 01-07-2003 (AFC Ajax NV)

Now John, let's evaluate your work if you don't mind.
Appie, stay strong !

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo mei 10, 2006 2:01 pm

OK, he's done an great job :yes:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Neefkens schreef:OK, he's done an great job :yes:
Ah Ah ! that was a good laugh ! cruel humour ! :drecul2: :D
Appie, stay strong !

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo mei 10, 2006 2:21 pm

The truth, nothing but the truth.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 10, 2006 2:37 pm

that's what sollicitors make you say in court, no matter what was done
Appie, stay strong !

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo mei 10, 2006 2:44 pm

What is your evaluation, Philippe? What has Jaakke done wrong specifically?

(And please don't blame him for Blind's sacking, since that's Van Geel's responsibility)

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 10, 2006 2:46 pm

These board members walk around with their balls up their ass

business men..hah.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 10, 2006 2:49 pm

What should I blame him for since he does not seem to do anything ?
Everything goes wrong since he is the chairman, we are losing every worthy Ajax man after another, but that's only a coincidence.
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo mei 10, 2006 2:53 pm

philippe schreef:What should I blame him for since he does not seem to do anything ?
Everything goes wrong since he is the chairman, we are losing every worthy Ajax man after another, but that's only a coincidence.
Philippe, like whom - which Ajax men specifically.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 10, 2006 3:01 pm

Ronald Koeman ;)
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mei 10, 2006 4:29 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:These board members walk around with their balls up their ass

business men..hah.
That's more like it Zoef!!! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

John Jaakke

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 08, 2006 1:50 pm

From Ajax.nl (English version):
Ajax chairman Jaakke reappointed

At a meeting of the Members' Council of AFC Ajax, John Jaakke has been unanimously reappointed as chairman of the club AFC Ajax. It will be the second three-year term for Jakke as chairman.
http://english.ajax.nl/show/id=118083/contentid=47439

We won't run this as news on Ajax USA, because it was pretty much a formality. We did put it up as a news link on the homepage. There's not much to say about it, apart from the headline. John Jaakke will be Ajax's chairman until the summer of 2009 (at least) and although many supporters have been quite angry with him I honestly don't see what the man did wrong. On a management level things are going quite well at Ajax now, so I'm glad nothing changes.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo jun 11, 2006 9:27 am

According to Volkskrant Jaakke is one of the most influential people in Holland. And - as you may guess - one of the richest.

I don't have many chances to follow our board's decision, but I think that he has made rather good decisions. So maybe someone could explain me why Ajax supporters don't like him? Is it because he wasn't Ajax player/coach/whatever? Or maybe there were any argues Jakke - fans?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma jun 12, 2006 12:36 am

Not sure if he was involved in the Ibrahimovic fire sale, but ,if so, that would be my only gripe against the man.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 12, 2006 5:49 am

Blind3 schreef:Not sure if he was involved in the Ibrahimovic fire sale, but ,if so, that would be my only gripe against the man.
Not really. The man who really disliked Zlatan and wanted to get rid of him was Louis van Gaal. He needed Koeman's approval, though - and Koeman said 'okay'. Even Arie van Eijden (general director) would have been more responsible for that sale than Jaakke: selling players is an Ajax NV affair (i.e. Ajax the company) rather than an AFC Ajax (Ajax the club) affair.

It is hard (if not impossible) for people like Jaakke and Maarten Fontein to ever become popular, because they don't have very posh accents and are not originally 'Ajax people' (from the core of the club). They have little credit and whenever anything goes wrong the fans will turn against them rather than against a man like Danny Blind or Louis van Gaal.

Jaakke got the blame from the fans for the dismissal of Danny Blind, which is totally stupid. Firing Blind was Van Geel's job, but the fans are quite happy with Van Geel, so they decided to pick someone else - as simple (and as stupid) as that.

John Jaakke (or the board of AFC Ajax, the club) is not directly responsible for the appointment or the dismissal of the head-coach for Ajax-1. That is the responsibility of the technical director (Van Geel, in this case).

The board of AFC Ajax appoint the board of directors for Ajax NV (the company). In other words: John Jaakke and his board members are responsible for the appointment of Martin van Geel - and for giving him the power and responsibilities he has at the moment. Which, in my opinion, is a case of excellent management. I don't see the problem with Jaakke at all.

Even journalists and TV guys are always very sceptical about him, but even they can only come up with stupid, irrelevant and irrational 'fan arguments': Jaakke is in it for his own glory, he is conceited and vain, etcetera.

Like I care. I want the man to appoint the right directors and to take the right decisions with his board. Over all, I am quite pleased with the way Ajax is managed is point (club board and board of directors). For the first time in years I actually get the impression that they know what they're doing. Jaakke is part of that (albeit not a very important part when it comes to direct responsibility; the club board has more of a supervising responsibility). So why change anything?

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jun 14, 2006 12:53 pm

Interesting information from L1. Last year, when Ajax was looking for a new technical director, the main candidate was S. Vergoosen - former coach of Roda Kerkrade.

Ajax decided not to take him, because we should pay the money for him (he had a contract with Nagoya Grampus that time). And then we've decided to sign vam Geel ;) .

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 9:09 am

Ten Cate was hired because of his experience in international and in general topgames.
We finished fourth and last of the Amsterdam tournament.
We were eliminated from the CL in a ridiculous way by Copenhaguen.
What's next ?

Remember that with Blind we won every crucial game, from the Cruyff trophy, to the play-offs, and the Dutch cup.

The season just began and it's already crisis.

Another very clever choice by Jaakke and co.
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 9:12 am

It is a clever choise, Ten Cate will bring us succes. I've seen better football in the first half yesterday then in the complete season last year.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 9:19 am

Henk de Gier schreef:It is a clever choise, Ten Cate will bring us succes. I've seen better football in the first half yesterday then in the complete season last year.
Ah Ah Ah ! how sarcastic, the question is : when and where ? :rofl:
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 9:25 am

nothing sarcastic about it.

Whining after 1 lost game is pathetic Phillipe. In a few months you will see the work of Ten Cate, i've seen a lot of progress so far and 1 lost match doesn't change that.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 9:43 am

Mind you I am not whining but crying out loud.

What is pathetic is the way we were humiliated yesterday for the very single game we could not afford to lose of the whole season. Let's face it : we were bad, just like for the Amsterdam tournament.

We had only one good game so far, against psv.

The elimination from the CL is not just "one lost game". It is a very severe blow to our reputation, and to our finance. And it will long and difficult to recover from it.
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 9:48 am

Did you read the result in the paper or did you see the match? I can't imagine you've seen the match.

the tournament doesn't say shit. We won it last year, and we hit a recordbreaking 10 lost matches in the competition. The AT is just a practicegame, nothing more nothing less.

Ajax was much stronger then Kopenhagen in the first half, i've seen a better Ajax then in the last couple of years, Ajax is making progress and this loss doesn't change anything about it.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 9:58 am

Same old song : "you don't agree with me, so you have not seen the game".
Yes, very unfortunately, I have seen it all, it was broadcasted on eurosport live.
Be realistic, we lost a truly crucial home game to FC Copenhagen.
We are eliminated from the CL.
How can you say that we have improved ? We have been dominated during all the second half.
Our defence was nowhere on many occasions, KJH could not do anything good, he seemed all alone in front.
Appie, stay strong !

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do aug 24, 2006 10:00 am

If you've seen the match, and haven't seen the progress you're either blind, don't know anything about football or you were drunk during the game.

The first half, Ajax was way better then Kopenhagen and way better then the shape Danny Blind left Ajax with. That's progress!
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 24, 2006 10:12 am

Henk de Gier schreef: you're either blind, don't know anything about football or you were drunk during the game.
I think I will leave you to your insults, and will not argue with you anymore.

No respect means no dialogue.

If you are happy with what you have seen, good for you.

Bottom line.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie