Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo apr 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Ayman schreef:Rijkaard? No thanks :nooo:
Why? I think we'd need a :wizard_d: anyway.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

magiconenl

Bericht door magiconenl » wo apr 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Ayman schreef:Rijkaard? No thanks :nooo: . Ten Cate? Yes please :yes: I have to say its sad the way things seem to be ending, I feel bitter that Blind is on the fringe of being sacked X'C
I think it's time for ten Cate to move along without Rijkaard. Anyway, i can't see Rijkaard doing AJAX after Barca. So, IF Ten Cate make a career move it just can be ajax.

Not that i would be happy with it. A club like NEC :nec: or so is a nice club for 1 or 2 year to begin a coaching career. To much people are being thrown in the deep for the last years

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo apr 26, 2006 6:57 pm

They shouldn't sack Blind until they have a new, experienced coach signed up. No point giving Blind the flick and then finding out all your favourite candidates don't want the job. Then they'll probably have to promote Frank de Boer.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo apr 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Can't see Rijkaard and Ten Cate moving together to a club with much smaller purse strings than Barcelona. Maybe Ten Cate, although I'd prefer someone like Ron Jans... experienced as a head man and look what he did with a club modest by pro standards.Or, as said, the return of Co.

Back to Rjkaard -Ten Cate, Challenge ...yes. But, what level of players do they expect to be able to buy? Unless I missed something and Bill Gates is planning a takeover.

As for De Telegraaf, I'll believe their report if Ajax-USA and Ajax.nl report it as true.

Poor timing for any Blind to go articles. Must be someone with connections to the bookies.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Blind3 schreef:Maybe Ten Cate, although I'd prefer someone like Ron Jans... experienced as a head man and look what he did with a club modest by pro standards.
Ten Cate did something very similar at NAC, actually... He brought them back into Europe and the team was the undisputed revelation of the Eredivisie. And look where they are now...

But yeah, Ron Jans is cool. Great guy. Great music fan as well. Superb taste and an album collection of thousands of titles. He actually puts up monthly lists of quality CD's in the locker room. "You must listen to this"-type stuff. Awesome. Very special man. And I loved his calm, gentleman-like reaction after Louis van Gaal had lashed out at him in a very un-stylish manner after the AZ v Groningen game.

Fantastic person. No doubt about it.

K.
Still alive...

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » do apr 27, 2006 11:26 am

Danish paper B.T. had an article today about Michael Laudrup's coaching future (in Danish). I'll try and paraphrase the essential part:

from bt.dk: Laudrup Flattered

Laudrup is mention in connection to the empty seat in Real Madrid, but refuses to discuss his future until after the cup and championship have been decided.

In an internet pole on the Spanish sports paper Marca's website, 70% of 36.000 users thought that the Dane would be the right choice for a new coach. "it is always nice to be appreciated", said Laudrup, who wouldn't say whether he had been contacted by Real Madrid or not: "It would be bad timing to comment on that when we are facing a cup semi-final game today and FC Copenhagen on Sunday. the Spanish press has previously linked Laudrup with the royal Spanish club in which he played during the 90s.

Therefore, the rest of the world will not know whether Laudrup is interested in replacing under-pressure Ajax-coach Danny Blind - a job the national team legend has previously been connected to.

Not until Brøndby is definitively out of the race for the championship and the cup will Laurdup comment further on his future. This could be as soon as Monday (edit not anymore, FCK drew 1-1 last night) or as late as May 14th.

--Basically no news under the sun, except Laudrup, being the pro he is, will not publicize his next coaching gig 'till after the Danish cup and league have been decided. Brøndby is currently second in the league with six points up to FC Copenhagen playing them on Sunday. They play the return-leg of the cup-quarter final tonight (down 2-5).

WelshAjaxFan

Bericht door WelshAjaxFan » do apr 27, 2006 11:48 am

I hope the board decide to stick with Blind - give him another season! There looks like there will be a lot of comings and goings in the player deparment during the summer and if Blind can purchase well and keep improving our young guns then there is every chance we can do well next season in the league and hopefully the last 16 of the champs league again. With Hiddink leaving PSV, next season could be our chance is step back into the spotlight!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do apr 27, 2006 12:14 pm

The board needs to think of the squad. They feel connected with Blind right now, that's theyre performing reasnoably well during these play offs. If the board really feels something needs to be done about the head coach, they should take real careful time to solve Ajax's problems once and for all.
Get a Cock

WelshAjaxFan

Bericht door WelshAjaxFan » do apr 27, 2006 12:24 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:The board needs to think of the squad. They feel connected with Blind right now, that's theyre performing reasnoably well during these play offs. If the board really feels something needs to be done about the head coach, they should take real careful time to solve Ajax's problems once and for all.
I agree - great point! No point in rushing into things. However, if Ajax win the play-offs and the cup final (fingers crossed) do you think this season will be seen as a success?

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do apr 27, 2006 1:45 pm

Rumours are getting stronger and stronger, we almost can say that Henk ten Cate will be the next head coach of Ajax.

If Laudrup would like to be his assistent: :party:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 27, 2006 2:23 pm

who's that guy ?
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do apr 27, 2006 2:25 pm

philippe schreef:who's that guy ?
que?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 27, 2006 2:59 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:The board needs to think of the squad. They feel connected with Blind right now, that's theyre performing reasnoably well during these play offs. If the board really feels something needs to be done about the head coach, they should take real careful time to solve Ajax's problems once and for all.
Zoef, I'm disappointed in you. You haven't made a penis reference in several months. Is everything alright? :D
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do apr 27, 2006 8:25 pm

Cannot see Rijkaard doing a good job at Ajax with the current crop of players. I put him in the same peg as Blind - give them both great motivated players and they will be successful. On the other hand give him a crowd of poorish players and he can get you relegated (ie. Sparta). So no thankyou been there seen that one.

My money and vote is on Laudrup.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Henk ten Cate

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Okay, ladies and gentlemen... This will probably not be announced officially any time soon, but the moment's coming closer... This report popped up on the teletext service of RTV Noord-Holland today.
Ajax reach agreement with Ten Cate

AMSTERDAM - Henk ten Cate will be head-coach of Ajax-1 next season, according to 'football watcher' Ton Ojers in Sunday's Noord-Holland Sport show on RTV N-H.

The 51 year-old Amsterdammer has been landed as Danny Blind's successor. Henk ten Cate is currently Frank Rijkaard's assistant at FC Barcelona. Before that he worked for Heracles, Go Ahead Eagles, Sparta, KFC Bayer Uerdingen 05, MTK Budapest and NAC Breda.

Henk ten Cate's reaction: "This is pure speculation." It is as yet unknown when he will be presented as Ajax's new head-coach.
I hope it's true. Henk is a good guy and I always liked his philosophy as a coach.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo apr 30, 2006 8:24 pm

I was first, 20 days ago.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 30, 2006 8:28 pm

Steef schreef:I was first, 20 days ago.
If you claimed this 20 days ago you were just being premature... :hypocrite:

K.
Still alive...

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » zo apr 30, 2006 8:32 pm

With all due respect: who the f**k is Ton Ojers??? I mean: of course I know who he is, but what does he know more than we all do? I don't see anything new in this announcement.
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » zo apr 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
In fact he's "claiming" it for about a year now :rofl:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 30, 2006 8:36 pm

You're right: Ton Ojers is a tit.

Just sharing a report with my people, you know. Don't shoot the messenger. :D

K.
Still alive...

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » zo apr 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Don't worry! :D
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo apr 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Neefkens schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
In fact he's "claiming" it for about a year now :rofl:
You don't know shit about the internal affairs of Ajax. When Van Eijden ( a close friend of Blind) left the scene, power shifted to Fontein and Van Geel.

Van Geel never wanted Blind. He just didnt have the backing yet to throw him out and get his own head coach.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 30, 2006 8:42 pm

I definitely think Steef has a point.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo apr 30, 2006 9:12 pm

I only hope that someone at the club has the common decency to tell Blind before he hears about it through the media.

Who knows though it could be another Scolarigate.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 01, 2006 2:46 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:I only hope that someone at the club has the common decency to tell Blind before he hears about it through the media.

Who knows though it could be another Scolarigate.
Agree. For all his faults as a coach, i can't dislike Blind. By the time Koeman left, I was pretty much done with him. But I have a soft spot in my heart for Blind, who has pretty much given his adult life to this club. He deserves to be treated with honor and respect, regardless of what his fate is.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie