Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 24, 2006 4:52 pm

carcajou schreef:Plus in Mitea's case, we shouldn't forget how much of an under-achiver he is.

Seriously he's always failed to impress me, and I don't think he'll ever be the winger for Ajax.

:X

Who cares about Escudé now ? As soon as he arrived in Amsterdam, he let know that Ajax would be a stepping stone for a "big league" club. Now he is gone in Spain, and sure is a happy man there.

It seems very unlikely that Blind would not remain our coach if we make it to the CL, and win the Cup in beating Psv. After all, the season would not have been so bad. And his tactics seem to work better now.

If the season's end is as good as it could be, Blind should stay.
Appie, stay strong !

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » ma apr 24, 2006 6:09 pm

IMO some of us do not take into account the fact that a coach (especially inexpirienced one) grows and learns with his team. I was against Blind almost the whole season but now.... I don't know. Let's look at facts and the fact is that at De Kuip Ajax showed pure class. No, Ajax was not brilliant, there were a lot of mistakes, a lot of moves and passes were erratic, but!!! almost every team in the world would make mistakes at De Kuip during first 20 minutes after 3-0 at home. Ajax showed class in tactics, confidence and effectiveness.
And seeing that I ask myself: May be Blind is not that bad? May be he learned smth with this young team? And may be he keeps learning?

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » ma apr 24, 2006 7:21 pm

The results against Fword were brilliant… but I don’t accept that they make a good case for Blind to stay. After more than a year when our tactics, motivation and effectiveness have been poor more often than not, these results could just be a “flash in the panâ€

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma apr 24, 2006 9:07 pm

Blind to stay only if Ajax win the play-offs AND defeat PSV to win the Dutch Cup.I'm not sold on him as coach. My fave player ever, but he needs to be a motivator if he's to succeed on the touchline. It would be tough to dismiss a guy if he can succeed with the gun to his head.Unless the board is totally sold on Henk Ten Cate , Ron Jans, or some unnamed high profile coach. I'd say, IF HE IS SUCCESSFUL,he stays to welcome in Stam, Perez and one or two other signings and see if he can reach the CL group stage.If he can successfully navigate reaching the group stage, he finishes 06.

As for coach-player issues, name me a player who is ever happy with diminished playing time or a coach who doesn't have differences with one of his primadonnas?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di apr 25, 2006 12:51 am

Kowalczyk schreef:After the game the supporters in the away section chanted Danny Blind's name for minutes. That's when the above picture was taken. Blind was very emotional about it. He was interviewed on TV and behind his back the fans kept chanting his name. He almost started crying and had to stop the interview. Quite moving...

K.
Nobody wants to go to work everyday and get criticised. The man is trying his best so it is nice to see the fans show their thanks for beating our worst of enemies. Good for him.

If Ajax can continue to improve in the small time remaining for this season, it will be interesting to see what the board (or Blind) will do.

For me, 2 half decent games at the end of the season doesn't change the fact that over the regular season, this has been an incredibly poor year, however if we do qualify for CL footy and win the Cup it will be tough for the board thats for sure.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 25, 2006 5:02 pm

this is the most stupid moment to make this announcement : Blind will not be the coach next season

Ajax-trainer weet niet of hij volgend seizoen nog hoofdtrainer is
Blind mist steun Ajax
Trainer Danny Blind mist de onvoorwaardelijke steun van de leiding van Ajax. De oefenmeester betreurt het dat de bestuursleden van de Amsterdamse club weigeren te zeggen dat hij ook volgend seizoen nog hoofdcoach is. Hij heeft dat technisch directeur Martin van Geel inmiddels laten weten.

I wonder if this club is run by idiots
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 25, 2006 9:32 pm

philippe schreef:this is the most stupid moment to make this announcement : Blind will not be the coach next season

Ajax-trainer weet niet of hij volgend seizoen nog hoofdtrainer is
Blind mist steun Ajax
Trainer Danny Blind mist de onvoorwaardelijke steun van de leiding van Ajax. De oefenmeester betreurt het dat de bestuursleden van de Amsterdamse club weigeren te zeggen dat hij ook volgend seizoen nog hoofdcoach is. Hij heeft dat technisch directeur Martin van Geel inmiddels laten weten.

I wonder if this club is run by idiots
All that quote says is that Blind feels that he doesn't have support from the club, and that he let van Geel know. There's no announcement about Blind's future at all in that quote.

"Ajax-coach doesn't know if he will be head coach next season. Blind misses support from Ajax.

Coach Danny Blind misses the unconditional support from the leadership at Ajax. The "practice-master" is saddened that the leadership of the Amsterdam club's board refuse to tell him that he will be head coach next season. He even let tecnical director Martin van Geel know that."
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di apr 25, 2006 10:42 pm

No offense to my alltime fave Ajacied,but how can he expect UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT when the season hasn't gone well? How can he expect said support when the play-offs weren't a certainty until very late in the campaign?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo apr 26, 2006 8:14 am

It's hard to judge how reliable it is, but today there's an article in newspaper De Telegraaf where it says that Blind will leave at the end of the season.
Apparantly the most likely candidates are Ten Cate and Rijkaard, the idea being that if they win the CL with Barcelona they have won everything they can there and want a new challenge.

It all sounds very speculative to me, but we'll see...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 26, 2006 8:49 am

Danny Blind moet weg van Ajax
door onze Telesportredactie
AMSTERDAM - Danny Blind vertrekt na dit seizoen bij Ajax. De clubleiding heeft gekozen voor een drastische koerswijziging en breekt opnieuw voortijdig met een hoofdtrainer.

I am sorry, but this is clear.
The worst time to make such an announcement.

What a terrible club management ! :redcard:
Appie, stay strong !

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » wo apr 26, 2006 9:00 am

Philippe wrote
But is there an announcement? I have not seen anything that quotes a club official who says this is so. Is it just press rumour and speculation based on Danny Blind's disappointment that he has not been given the unconditional support that he (unreasonably) asked for?

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo apr 26, 2006 9:02 am

DrDuncan schreef:Philippe wrote
But is there an announcement? I have not seen anything that quotes a club official who says this is so. Is it just press rumour and speculation based on Danny Blind's disappointment that he has not been given the unconditional support that he (unreasonably) asked for?
Yup, that's really it. It is indeed press rumoer. But.. de Telegraaf is a Amsterdam based newspaper and they have good connection with Ajax. Cruijff writes a collum for them and so on. So I expect they have a few sources who may have leaked this information.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 26, 2006 9:03 am

I assume that De Telegraaf is a very reliable source of information as far as Ajax is concerned.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 26, 2006 9:38 am

philippe schreef:I assume that De Telegraaf is a very reliable source of information as far as Ajax is concerned.
They are the least reliable one out of Holland's national newspapers. It's basically the only paper that will sometimes report nonsense or sleazy stuff, 'English tabloid style'.

As far as football news is concerned: they always pay a lot of attention to football and tend to report things as news a bit prematurely. They want to have it earlier than the others and often take the risk that - for example - a transfer might fall through on the last moment. For example, they reported a few times (as news) that Bergkamp would return to Ajax. That never happened.

But having said that: they are right (and the first to run it as news) in 95% of the cases. I am pretty sure they didn't make this up. And I am also very sure that Ajax are not at all pleased with this article. But they had it coming, as they refuse to tell the truth, even to Blind himself (which I think is not fair; they should have informed the bloke behind closed doors).

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 26, 2006 9:42 am

it sucks
Appie, stay strong !

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo apr 26, 2006 9:52 am

They agreed to evaluate the season at the end of it and that's exactly what they will be doing. Nothing wrong with that.

magiconenl

Bericht door magiconenl » wo apr 26, 2006 10:36 am

Neefkens schreef:They agreed to evaluate the season at the end of it and that's exactly what they will be doing. Nothing wrong with that.

see ajax.nl

Laatste nieuws

Evaluatie technische staf Ajax na afloop seizoen

Amsterdam, 26 april 2006
AFC Ajax evalueert zijn technische staf na afloop van het seizoen. Voor dat moment doet Ajax daarover geen uitspraken. Ajax betreurt de huidige speculaties in de media die niet in het belang zijn van de club.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 26, 2006 10:41 am

that's a relief :eusa_liar:
Appie, stay strong !

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo apr 26, 2006 10:42 am

Great you're happy now :xyxthumbs: :hypocrite:

WelshAjaxFan

Bericht door WelshAjaxFan » wo apr 26, 2006 1:29 pm

Looks like Blind's spell in the hot seat is over then at the end of the season - a bit dissapointed actually as he is a former Ajax player. Do you think he will stay in the club at some capacity maybe involved in the youth system?

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... +for+Blind?

After his success at Porto this season what about Co Adrianse returning?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 26, 2006 2:03 pm

magiconenl schreef:see ajax.nl

Laatste nieuws

Evaluatie technische staf Ajax na afloop seizoen

Amsterdam, 26 april 2006
AFC Ajax evalueert zijn technische staf na afloop van het seizoen. Voor dat moment doet Ajax daarover geen uitspraken. Ajax betreurt de huidige speculaties in de media die niet in het belang zijn van de club.
May I remind you that most visitors to this zone of Ajax Talk do not speak/read Dutch, and that this in an English-language forum...

The Ajax.nl report you copied and pasted into your post is only three sentences long, so it's not too bad. But please don't copy-paste Dutch language reports into your posts. If you wish the share it with your fellow non-Dutch Ajax Talkers, please translate the report or summarize it in your own (English...) words.

Nothing personal, but posts that contain long copy-pasted pieces of text in another language than English will be deleted. Sounds a bit harsh, but in the past it just happened too frequently and many people were annoyed by it...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo apr 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Somewhere said Barcas Rijkaard AND ten Cate might be appointed. Ten Cate? Maybe. Rijkaard? Miracle needed.
Get a Cock

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo apr 26, 2006 4:45 pm

I was listening to Radio Noord-Holland and they said that Ajax have been talking to Louis van Gaal the last few months as well. But that this was "before Cruijff was contacted."

Why are they asking Cruijff for advice again?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 26, 2006 4:55 pm

Van Gaal seems out of the question.

He wrote this comprehensive 'masterplan' for the club when he was technical director. Ajax have just flushed that masterplan down the toilet. They announced they will write a new one (I believe Van Geel is the man to do it).

They have just officially abandoned Van Gaal's philosophy and now they want to land him as head-coach again...? Sounds a bit odd... Don't think we should take this story seriously. Even Co seems a more realistic option.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo apr 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Rijkaard? No thanks :nooo: . Ten Cate? Yes please :yes: I have to say its sad the way things seem to be ending, I feel bitter that Blind is on the fringe of being sacked X'C

Plaats reactie