Maxwell

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

'Maxwell to Inter'

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jan 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Breaking News: Italian sports site Sportal reports that Ajax and Internazionale have just reached an agreement on the transfer of Maxwell to the Milan clun. Inter will reportedly pay Ajax 1 million euros for the January transfer. Maxwell's contract would have expired at season's end. Inter can not play Maxwell this season: they already have the maximum number of non-EU players in their squad. That is why, according to Sportal, Maxwell will be loaned out to Ascoli before joining Inter.

Earlier today VI.nl reported that Ajax and Inter were talking.

Note that this news has not been confirmed by the clubs or any reliable Dutch news source. It sounds realiable, though...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 30, 2006 6:06 pm

I do not think we will be selling him before the summer . The only reason I believe is that if he stays in Holland until the summer he will have been living here 5 years and will obtain a Dutch passport.Also of course he probably wont be fit to play before the end of Feb.

Inter were planing to sign him now for 1m euros and loan him out to another Italian team as they have their full quota of non EU players.

Could they not still sign him and loan him out to another Dutch team?????

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm

SPL schreef:I do not think we will be selling him before the summer.
He's gone. Not sold, but they let him go on a freebie. His contract will be dissolved as per 01 February. Confirmed on Ajax.nl.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » ma jan 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Today Ajax and Maxwell have decided to part ways immediately. This means that Ajax will not get anything from Maxwell's next club, but also that we don't have to pay any more of his wages.

(Confirmed on ajax.nl)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 1:14 am

News report is up on Ajax USA:

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... ruary.html

Thank you, Maxi. Good luck, mate.

K.
Still alive...

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » di jan 31, 2006 10:54 am

why!
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jan 31, 2006 11:06 am

Now that's a player I'm sad to see leaving. He was one of the most talented player of the team. I remember how great he was a few seasons ago.

Maxwell - Escudé - Grygera - Trabelsi

:nooo: THESE WERE THE GOOD DAYS.
meh :|

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » di jan 31, 2006 11:20 am

don't forget chivu X'C
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jan 31, 2006 11:22 am

Since he could not play because of his injury, and decided to leave, it obviously was a good move to sell him asap in order to get as much money as possible from his transfer.

Too bad though.
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di jan 31, 2006 12:05 pm

philippe schreef:Since he could not play because of his injury, and decided to leave, it obviously was a good move to sell him asap in order to get as much money as possible from his transfer.

Too bad though.
Dont think this is true - Ajax decided to terminate his contract meaning no money shall be received. Basically looks like a wage cutting exercise to me - he would be leaving and has not played all season so why pay him for the few remaining games.

Will be very sad to see him go - think in the 4 years I have been watching Ajax now, he has been my favourite player. Could be a bit lazy looking at times but think that was actually just his style - very laid back. Always looked very comfortable on the ball.

Maxy best wishes for future
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2006 6:55 pm

Can some one in Holland, with their ear to the ground explain to me why on Saturday Inter were reported to be paying 1m euros for him and then to loan him to Empoli etc but 2 days later we are cancelling his contract and Inter are signing him straight away and loaning him out???

Was this sum of money just hot air from the press?? After all he is not going to play for about a month and wont play for Inter this season so why should they pay money for him!!

At least that will shut me up on moan No1( you can then explain Stam's 3m etc to shut me up on moan No 2)

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di jan 31, 2006 7:23 pm

The 1 million was probably hot air. I don't see why Inter would pay money for an injured player whose contract is expiring.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » di jan 31, 2006 8:58 pm

This is a big loss, in my opinion. Before he got injured, he was one of the best 2-3 players in the squad. Losing Maxwell for free on the same day Ajax signs Stam kind of cancels each other out and dampens the good news of Stam's arrival.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jan 31, 2006 9:52 pm

I was very often impressed by Maxwell. He also seemed like a very humble person that showed the way on the pitch throufh playing well more than anythin else.

You need those kind of players as well in a team.

Hats off Maxwell! Hope you get all you want out of your future carreer.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Moan no 1

I can now answer myself on the transfer, well uefa.com have. It said he is going to Empoli temporary until the end of the season when he will join Inter.

He cannot join them immediately because they already have 3 non EU players on their books.

Thus the talk of 1m euros was rubbish. Ajax were never going to play him again this season so cancelling the contract so he can join a small Italian team makes sense.

PS

Moan No 2 still think 3m for Stam is too much but we obviously had to pay that to beat PSV. Hiddink states the whole deal was worth 6m euros in total so Stam must be getting about 1.5 m euros per season.

Right I will shut up now on the above.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo feb 01, 2006 2:38 pm

SPL schreef:Moan No 2 still think 3m for Stam is too much but we obviously had to pay that to beat PSV. Hiddink states the whole deal was worth 6m euros in total so Stam must be getting about 1.5 m euros per season.
Not too much money for a player who can ensure CL rather than UEFA Cup football and all the riches that can bring.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Gesloten