Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo dec 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Johan Cruijff: At Ajax nothing functions

Johan Cruijff is very critical of his old love Ajax. [...]'You could say they're working badly there. No part of the organisation runs synchronously with any other part. At the moment nothing really functions. That's very sad.

Cruijff has been an advisor of the board of directors before and is still available to help his club. 'I warned them years ago, but they didn't take my advise'.

'If a club that exists for a hundred years can't find a new president from it's midst, something must be terribly wrong. I think it's high time to analyze the whole club, in every area'.
FYI: this interview was held on the 2nd of november.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 14, 2005 2:34 pm

on the VI website today it is dated : 14/12/2005 10:24 ....
Appie, stay strong !

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo dec 14, 2005 7:44 pm

VI are quoting an interview in the magazine Sport Bestuur & Management which recently came out. A lot of news sources have brought this part about Ajax as an item.

The reason the date is significant is because Van Geel recently told the press that he has talked to Cruijff and that they agree on the direction Ajax should take. This puts these quotes by Cruijff in a strange perspective, but the interview turns out to be relatively old.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jan 29, 2006 8:32 pm

I cant believe the board are not putting any pressure on Blind......Jesus

dws

Bericht door dws » zo jan 29, 2006 8:44 pm

Ayman schreef:I cant believe the board are not putting any pressure on Blind......Jesus
They appointed Blind and prior to his appointment they appointed Koeman.
They will be sitting tight and hoping Danny makes the first move.

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » ma jan 30, 2006 12:07 pm

One has to admire the briliant scheme made up to destroy Ajax. First you install a Feyenoord coach. Based on the foundation laid by Adriaanse you have him win the title and when everybody is lulled into a false sense of security, you have the infiltrant fuck up the team and piss on decades of tradition. Then when his work is done you assign a lightweight, incompetent coach to reap havoc upon the already battered club...

Now all we need to find out is who is behind this conspiracy...
Try me, I'll make you famous.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 30, 2006 3:03 pm

Let's bring Nuninga and van Gaal back. And get rid of Jaakke.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 30, 2006 5:56 pm

There is only one person at AZ we need and he is not a player. Van Gaal should be brought back. Might not be popular but who cares .

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma jan 30, 2006 6:56 pm

SPL schreef:There is only one person at AZ we need and he is not a player. Van Gaal should be brought back. Might not be popular but who cares .
If there is one thing I feel Ajax are doing too much is, going back and forth with players. In or out, who knows? The management and training seem to redecide every other minute on the players.

let's not start doing the same thing with coaches.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 1:20 am

I guess this thread is the place to give a big, fat thumbs up to Martin van Geel. The man accepted the challenge when the situation was very, very difficult (with all the expiring) contracts, but we can't exactly accuse him of laziness so far. He's making the absolute most out of it and he seems to know what he's doing. This guy is smart and I have to say hat's off.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 2:12 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I guess this thread is the place to give a big, fat thumbs up to Martin van Geel. The man accepted the challenge when the situation was very, very difficult (with all the expiring) contracts, but we can't exactly accuse him of laziness so far. He's making the absolute most out of it and he seems to know what he's doing. This guy is smart and I have to say hat's off.

K.
Van Geel :xyxthumbs:

How much of an input would Blind and Krol have had in identifieing Perez and Stam as players Ajax should sign ?

If Blind has had a significant input into player purchases for next season
will this strengthen his position ? I know that Ajax have not made any statement on Danny's future. It just makes you wonder .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 31, 2006 6:30 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I guess this thread is the place to give a big, fat thumbs up to Martin van Geel. The man accepted the challenge when the situation was very, very difficult (with all the expiring) contracts, but we can't exactly accuse him of laziness so far. He's making the absolute most out of it and he seems to know what he's doing. This guy is smart and I have to say hat's off.

K.
I just wrote something about that in another thread. But in general, I agree.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » di jan 31, 2006 7:57 am

[quote="philippe"]Let's bring Nuninga and van Gaal back. And get rid of Jaakke.[/quote]

You are just being silly now, aren't you.
I reckon you borrowed the anti-Jaake sentiment from the poor informed South side and think it is clever.

It is not, it is BS.

Van Gaal is for a big part responsible for the fact that a lot of our players walk away for free. While he was busy writing plans, he kinda forgot to do his job. Luckily Jaake is doing his job and signed Van Geel who is actually taking care of business.
And Nuninga has been responsible for the technical portfolio on the board in the last 5 years.
Judging from the way the first team has been performing, not to mention the lacklustre state of the Academy, would you say the guy has been doing such a fucking great job? Nah, not impressive to say the least.

Apart from that, bug thumbs up to Van Geel... signing Stam, Perez, getting ride of Maxwell... at least some reason to look upon the future with some more confidence.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jan 31, 2006 11:49 am

Undertaker schreef:
philippe schreef:Let's bring Nuninga and van Gaal back. And get rid of Jaakke.
You are just being silly now, aren't you.
I reckon you borrowed the anti-Jaake sentiment from the poor informed South side and think it is clever.

It is not, it is BS.
I don't give a damn about people calling others stupid just because they don't share their point of view.

Nasty new habit on this forum. Part of the general decline I guess.
Appie, stay strong !

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » di jan 31, 2006 12:03 pm

Then you better start backing up your oneliners with some solid argumentation.

You are missing the point of a discussion board I fear. usually no one cares for oneliners such as:
Yeah, they suck!
Ajax rulezzzz, Feyenoord sucks!
The French should be forbidden to leave their country!
They should kick Jaake out!
Bring back Van Gaal!
etc.

Unless ofcourse one has some kind of motivation for that, since then ones view can be discussed.
Try it, you might like it.

Apart from that, being silly is not the same as being stupid. Though mistaking stupidity with silliness is ;)

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di jan 31, 2006 12:06 pm

I don't think what phillipe did was an example of a one-liner. He was just expressing his opinion. Ok, so it was one line long, but who cares? Leave him alone. I think you calling him silly and saying he was spouting BS was uncalled for.

Bring back Olsen!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 12:23 pm

Undertaker: your reply was a bit aggressive indeed. Perhaps you didn't mean it in a bad way ("ah, don't be silly, you!"), but I still want to ask you not to speak to other people in that manner anymore. This is a discussion forum. What you're doing looks more like jumping down someone's throat.

Let keep it respectful. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di jan 31, 2006 12:33 pm

K.
Fair points mate. My only worry is that we are left with the bare bones of a squad at the moment and still not 100% certain of making the play-offs. We are going to be left with a very shaky defence over the next few months and it is kind of worrying.

Not that Van Geel can take the blame for that - that is the responsibility of previous board members when drawing up contracts and Blind for dropping good players like Escude for one poor game this season.

Personally, I get the impression that Ajax as a club are now looking forward to next season rather than concentrating on the remainder of this season. This is not fair on supporters who have already paid for season tickets etc. Are these new signings being made with or without Blinds consent. The Huntelaar signing - was this done to keep supporters quiet or for tactical reasons. In my opinion, it was done to appease supporters. Signing a striker always will make better front page news than the signing of a defender. And anybody attending games knew that we had to strengthen the defence. The signing of Staam is a good move - he is still a reasonable defender ( well you still would not get games for Milan if you were crap) but also it is about time that Ajax had a player who will take responsibility on the pitch. For too long I felt that we had no one who carried this burden, not that the players did not care but there just seemed to be no one on the pitch who was a leader. Staam can hopefully provide this. Plus he should be a good influence on younger players like Emannuelson, Heitinga etc - hopefully they can learn from his experience.

One other thing - who will be capitain next year. When Schneider signed his new contract, I heard he had been promised to be made Capitain. Is this still certain with the arrival of Staam.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 12:52 pm

jamcocteau schreef:The Huntelaar signing - was this done to keep supporters quiet or for tactical reasons
Nine million to keep us quiet...?

If they only wanted to keep us quiet it would have been cheaper to buy every season ticket holder a nice bottle of Scotch: 41,000 x 25 euros = 1.025 million euros. Only 1.025 million!

Okay, a bottle of Scotch plus a voucher for a 3-course dinner at a fancy restaurant (including wine). Let's say another 100 euros per season ticket holder: 41,000 x 100 euros = 4.1 million euros.

Bottle of Scotch and dinner for 41,000 season ticket holders: 5.125 million euros.

Okay - and to finish it off, a blowjob each in the Red Light District. That would be another 41,000 x 50 euros = 2.05 million euros. Grand total: 7.175 million euros.

F*cking hell: fancy 3-course dinner, a whole bottle of Scotch to go with the dessert and a blowjob for every season ticket holder would have cost only just over 7.1 million euros!

Right! I want to be the new treasurer of this club! X'D

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di jan 31, 2006 1:03 pm

Lol eh right Ko - 25 euros a bottle is crap Scotch. Not like the Springbank you have :D 50 Euros a blow job - jeez mate you must go to see the good looking birds down the RLD.

Anyway, my point in general was - was the signing of Huntelaar a total necessity. Not slating the player here but Eur 9m is a hell of a price for an uncapped player in todays market. Just think the signing was done without the best tactical reasons in mind - would that Eur 9m not have been better spent on a good defender and midfield player.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jan 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Okay - and to finish it off, a blowjob each in the Red Light District. That would be another 41,000 x 50 euros = 2.05 million euros. Grand total: 7.175 million euros.

K.
And exactly how do we know its 50 Euros :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di jan 31, 2006 2:31 pm

bryan schreef:
Bring back Olsen!
sorry sir, he is needed elsewhere ;) :eusa_dance:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 2:34 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:And exactly how do we know its 50 Euros :D
It is 50 euros, mate... Not sure if you get a 10% discount with your season ticket, though.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 2:37 pm

- was the signing of Huntelaar a total necessity. Not slating the player here but Eur 9m is a hell of a price for an uncapped player in todays market. Just think the signing was done without the best tactical reasons in mind - would that Eur 9m not have been better spent on a good defender and midfield player.
If we had signed a winger some members of this forum would have complained we should have signed a defender instead; others would have pointed out the need for a an aggressive midfielder etc .....

We all know that no one area of the team is without blame for Ajax's predicament. We have witnessed poor defending by defenders and midfielders, poor linkup play from midfield to attack and poor wing play.
To cap it all; when our defenders, midfielders and wingers have performed well our strikers have tended to let us down.

So yes , signing Huntelaar makes sense. We required a striker as much as we required a new defender or midfielder or winger. :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 3:41 pm

Right.

I just deleted six posts: two by Undertaker, two by Philippe and two by myself. These were posts in which Undertaker provoked, Philippe took the bait and I tried to calm Undertaker down.

These posts are now gone. We start with a clean sheet in this topic (let's discuss Ajax directord and managers!) and if anyone posts anything provocative or wants to have the final word in the chest-thumping session I just deleted, I will remove that post immediately.

Undertaker: please 'talk' like a normal person. Not this provocative, morbid, so-called cheeky tone of yours. Just try to discuss Ajax normally. Thank you.

(cheeky replies to this post will be deleted, too, by the way... back on topic!)

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie