Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma dec 05, 2005 9:25 am

how about "no-hard-feelings" Frank de Boer ? :D
just kiding ... :eusa_pray:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 05, 2005 3:23 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
This guy sound interesting here's his profile http://www.soccertimes.com/usteams/rost ... onyewu.htm
Gooch is not merely "interesting." Gooch is a monster. A force of nature. A bit prone to getting cards, though. He will, in all likelihood, go to one of the "big" leagues after the world cup. He has tremendous potential.

I agree that Ajax should address its needs in other areas, but I would be a very happy man if they picked up Gooch. And I think he would fit well with Ajax.

A fun thing to do would be to watch Onyewu's performance against Mexico in the last World Cup Qualifier. The mexicans came in and ran their mouths about how they were going to beat the Yanks, etc. Result: 2-0 for the US. Onyewu basically ate Jared Borgetti, Mexico's main "striker" up and spit him out.

Afterwards, Onyewu said of Borgetti, "I didn't think he was going to cry as much as he did." I wish I could find a larger version of the picture I posted. It shows Onyewu just destroying Borgetti with an evil glare, and Borgetti just knows he is completely dominated.

I think most teams could use a player like that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 05, 2005 7:51 pm

By the picture he looks big, tough and strong...but how skilled and fast is he ??
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma dec 05, 2005 9:27 pm

Forgive me for being parranoid...but are you guys giving the silent treatment.....I mentioned Frank de Boer as a possible return for Ajax, I would like to know your perspective. I think we should sign him, he has experience, he is a leader and has just about a couple of years in him left.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma dec 05, 2005 9:48 pm

Ayman schreef:Forgive me for being parranoid...but are you guys giving the silent treatment.....I mentioned Frank de Boer as a possible return for Ajax, I would like to know your perspective. I think we should sign him, he has experience, he is a leader and has just about a couple of years in him left.
I thought Phillippe's mention with a :eusa_pray: summed things up nicely Ayman :D

We've had a discussion before regarding signing Stam (in the context of an older player) and there was a lot of dissent. I think Stam is quite a bit younger than De Boer and I don't think FdB would do much more than warm the bench if we signed him...but then that's my opinion.

(so don't feel ignored)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 05, 2005 9:49 pm

Ayman schreef:Forgive me for being parranoid...but are you guys giving the silent treatment...
No worries, man. Nothing personal. :xyxthumbs:
I mentioned Frank de Boer as a possible return for Ajax, I would like to know your perspective. I think we should sign him
I think we shouldn't.
he has experience
Agreed.
he is a leader
Agreed.
and has just about a couple of years in him left.
And this is the bit I'm not too sure about. We didn't exactly see much of him from Qatar, did we...? I thought he was quite horrible in his last couple of years for Holland and I am not too convinced that a year or two in the Qatarian (?) league pushed him back to his old top level... Next year he'll be 36, I believe. That is not Rijkaard-old (he was 32 when he returned to Ajax); that's seriously old...

I just don't believe this would be a good idea. I think we should try to find an experienced 'pitbull' for the central midfield positions instead. That's right: I think we need a 'Davids' more than a 'Frank de Boer'.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 05, 2005 9:53 pm

By the way: according to Johan Derksen Ajax are about to make a mvoe for Jan Kromkamp, who was one of last season's stars at AZ, but now he's rotting on the bench at Villarreal. He's very unhappy over there and Derksen claims that he would love to join Ajax on loan for half a season, which will give him a chance to claim a slot in the Holland squad for Germany.

I have very serious doubt about this rumour. I don't really believe it. But if it's true, it would mean that Ajax really have the intention to get rid of Trabelsi in January.

We were after Kromkamp last season as well, by the way. He's a great player.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 05, 2005 10:31 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:By the picture he looks big, tough and strong...but how skilled and fast is he ??
Fast, yes. Skilled, fairly. His skills are still improving, but he is a tremendous physical specimen, and a monster in the air.

Also, I don't like the idea of bringing either of the de Boer boys back.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma dec 05, 2005 11:10 pm

aveslacker schreef:
I wish I could find a larger version of the picture I posted...

i aim to please... this is known as a "better reco'nize" face
Afbeelding
Laatst gewijzigd door bluedaddy19 op ma dec 05, 2005 11:16 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ozzerdibazio
Contacteer:

Bericht door ozzerdibazio » ma dec 05, 2005 11:12 pm

i agree. I don't think Frank de Boer would be a good addition. He hasn't done anything of note for years. He has experience but little else nowadays. Also i dont see why we need a central defender. Personally i'd like to see Escude and Grygera as the central partnership with Heitinga and Vermaelen as backup; with Maduro pushing up to a holding role ala Galasek. If juanfran can get a few good games and prove himself i think he'd be good as he has a good addition as well. I'd love to see kromkamp come as well. Can he play in midfield or is it just my imagination?

Anyway just my thoughts.

ozzerdibazio
Contacteer:

Bericht door ozzerdibazio » ma dec 05, 2005 11:15 pm

Second addition is meant to say attitude. sorry

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 06, 2005 12:14 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ayman schreef:Forgive me for being parranoid...but are you guys giving the silent treatment...
No worries, man. Nothing personal. :xyxthumbs:
I mentioned Frank de Boer as a possible return for Ajax, I would like to know your perspective. I think we should sign him
I think we shouldn't.
he has experience
Agreed.
he is a leader
Agreed.
and has just about a couple of years in him left.
And this is the bit I'm not too sure about. We didn't exactly see much of him from Qatar, did we...? I thought he was quite horrible in his last couple of years for Holland and I am not too convinced that a year or two in the Qatarian (?) league pushed him back to his old top level... Next year he'll be 36, I believe. That is not Rijkaard-old (he was 32 when he returned to Ajax); that's seriously old...

I just don't believe this would be a good idea. I think we should try to find an experienced 'pitbull' for the central midfield positions instead. That's right: I think we need a 'Davids' more than a 'Frank de Boer'.

K.
I think it really depends on what Frank want´s, we all know FdB attitude problem if he thinks that he's going to claim a starting spot on this team he is dead wrong, now if he does'nt care about sitting on the bench with limited playing time, he might be a good adition, he could very well play against small teams here in Holland or maybe its just better for him to find a medium size club where he could be a starter kind of what Konterman did. Teams like Vitesse,Nac,Twente might be interested in his service.Kromkamp would be a very good adition but he is cup tied, i would prefeer to buy him rather than loan him.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 06, 2005 12:16 am

aveslacker schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:By the picture he looks big, tough and strong...but how skilled and fast is he ??
Fast, yes. Skilled, fairly. His skills are still improving, but he is a tremendous physical specimen, and a monster in the air.

Also, I don't like the idea of bringing either of the de Boer boys back.
If the guy's a monster than its very funny his nickname is "Gooch".

Gooch the monster :D

I would say he's heading to England.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di dec 06, 2005 12:44 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: If the guy's a monster than its very funny his nickname is "Gooch".

Gooch the monster :D

I would say he's heading to England.

short for oguchi... he did go to clemson university (in south carolina), after all :D
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

dws

Bericht door dws » di dec 06, 2005 3:10 am

Kowalczyk schreef:By the way: according to Johan Derksen Ajax are about to make a mvoe for Jan Kromkamp, who was one of last season's stars at AZ, but now he's rotting on the bench at Villarreal. He's very unhappy over there and Derksen claims that he would love to join Ajax on loan for half a season, which will give him a chance to claim a slot in the Holland squad for Germany.

I have very serious doubt about this rumour. I don't really believe it. But if it's true, it would mean that Ajax really have the intention to get rid of Trabelsi in January.

We were after Kromkamp last season as well, by the way. He's a great player.

K.

It must be true :yes:. I suggested in an earlier post that Ajax should trade Trabelsi plus cash for Kromkamp. Villareal might just be ameniable to such a proposal.

We can always hope.

dws

Bericht door dws » di dec 06, 2005 3:20 am

I think we should try to find an experienced 'pitbull' for the central midfield positions instead. That's right: I think we need a 'Davids'

Fernando Ricksen of Rangers could fit the bill. I know he is a bit of a nutter, but the same could be said of Edgar.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 06, 2005 7:12 am

dws schreef:Fernando Ricksen of Rangers could fit the bill. I know he is a bit of a nutter, but the same could be said of Edgar.
Yeah. Perhaps is real nutter in midfield is just what we need.

By the way: according to Algemeen Dagblad Ajax want to seriously make a move for Ronnie Vlaar in the winter break. If he's not too expensive (1.5 million euros according to the papers) I'd say: do it.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 06, 2005 9:24 am

EXCLUSIEF - Ajax heeft bij Jan Kromkamp geïnformeerd of hij interesse heeft in een verblijf bij de Amsterdamse club

The guy Ajax are interested in currenly plays for Villareal
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di dec 06, 2005 10:28 am

Let's get Riquelme in the process :blush:
Get a Cock

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di dec 06, 2005 12:56 pm

dws schreef:
Fernando Ricksen of Rangers could fit the bill. I know he is a bit of a nutter, but the same could be said of Edgar.
I seriously hope not. Having watched Rangers on tv a few times this season and from speaking to friends back home, Ricksen is not what we want at all. Yes, he is a nutter but the diiference between him and Davids is that Davids knows how to play football. Ricksen, on the other hand, is just a headless chicken a la Boukhari - plenty of running around but doesn't do much.

Have to say, personally, I detest Ricksen - heard a lot of alleged incidents about him in Glasgow at night time and he comes across as a complete arrogant numpty.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo dec 07, 2005 12:36 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
dws schreef:
I seriously hope not. Having watched Rangers on tv a few times this season and from speaking to friends back home, Ricksen is not what we want at all. Yes, he is a nutter but the diiference between him and Davids is that Davids knows how to play football. Ricksen, on the other hand, is just a headless chicken a la Boukhari - plenty of running around but doesn't do much.

Have to say, personally, I detest Ricksen - heard a lot of alleged incidents about him in Glasgow at night time and he comes across as a complete arrogant numpty.
Ricksen is a good midfielder :yes: ; not so good rightback.

Yes, he has not had a great season , but last season he played well at midfield. :yes:

Co Adriaanse rates him highly. I think Co's opinion of a player should be taken seriously. :yes:

He has been foolish in the past, but has cleaned up his act in the past couple of years. :yes:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 07, 2005 1:34 pm

One of the links on Ajax Netwerk seems to say that Vlaar is too expensive at 1.5 m euros. I am not sure if I have got this right. One of you Dutch speakers will put me right. I would have thought this was cheap for a promising young defender who has already played for his country. It could of be that Az want alot more than 1.5 m euros.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 07, 2005 1:46 pm

Re last posting, I have just seen on an english site that AZ want more money than Ajax have offered so Ajax have pulled out. AZ obviously want more than 1.5 m euros.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo dec 07, 2005 4:09 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
aveslacker schreef:
I wish I could find a larger version of the picture I posted...

i aim to please... this is known as a "better reco'nize" face
Thanks. Man, is that awesome or what!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » do dec 08, 2005 11:49 pm

SPL schreef:One of the links on Ajax Netwerk seems to say that Vlaar is too expensive at 1.5 m euros. I am not sure if I have got this right. One of you Dutch speakers will put me right. I would have thought this was cheap for a promising young defender who has already played for his country. It could of be that Az want alot more than 1.5 m euros.
AZ aren't in a great bargaining position as Vlaar's contract is expiring at the end of this season. Starting January 1st, Ajax will be allowed to offer a contract to Vlaar.

Gesloten