Why are we playing so bad?!

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 26, 2005 2:20 pm

pizza 5 schreef: 6-We should never have missed out on Davids,we badly need this type of player to kick some arses.Fuckin SQD with his alice band and suntanned legs,he needs to have a proper haircut and get stuck in.He would be better off back in the Moulin Rouge doing the can-can.And whos bright idea was it to sell De-Ridder?????Blind thinks,yeah I can sell him because I dont really need someone to beat full backs and get in crosses,I need a right footed striker on the left wing and an unbalanced dwarf who spends most of a match on his arse on the right wing............

time for my pills.
:D :D :D :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

I just want you to know that a) even if I don't agree with everything you wrote, that was awesome; and b) I had to use great restraint not to put my favorite emoticon in this post to commemorate it (the one with the dancing spiderman).

Well done!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » ma sep 26, 2005 3:50 pm

SPL schreef:One point that I was going to mention before . Is Van Basten doing this club any favours by putting every young dutch kid in the full Orange side.

Babel, Maduro and now Emanuelson have all been put straight into the full national squad before they have really started their careers and this might make them think they have already made it!!!! At present De Jong and Heitinga are also in the squad but cannot get regular first team action.

It is just a thought I have had since young Maduro was selected after his 2nd game.

I am sure some of you will come back and tell me this is crap. !!

One point that I have made before we are still no nearer giving Pienaar and De Jong new contracts. If they have not agreed them by January I think we should sell them and get some money as we cannot afford to let them go on Bosman's.If we are still struggling by then I think we should look to sell Trabelsi for the same reason.He is going to leave at the end of the season so why not get some money in January.

Looking at the team and seeing all the goals we have conceeded our defence is the main problem and Blind needs to decide who are the best players and stick to them. Watching the AZ game they were very poor .

As to the attack I feel we are missing Mitea who is a proper left winger. Why Babel is played there is a mystery. He should be given the central strikers role .

One positive point this season. Thanks to Van Der Vaart being sold Sneijder is now blossoming and playing well and scoring.
Trabelsi wont agree with any transfer this winter when the transfer window opens. Why would he? He can can get a much better contract with a team if no transfer fee's are involved. And anyway, i have a sneaky feeling that he allready signed a precontract somewhere.

But seriously though, look at what players are possibly walking out of the door for free next summer, Maxwell, Pienaar, De Jong, Trabelsi. Thats 4 starting 11 players (ok ok, not allways) but if we do consider them that then thats 1/3 of our team walking out and we get 0 in return. Who ever is doing the planning aint doing a grand job.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma sep 26, 2005 7:40 pm

Who ever is doing the planning aint doing a grand job.
Don't we know it. Pienaar wanted to sign on but they wouldn't give him the same money as Johnny Heitinga.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 26, 2005 7:54 pm

bryan schreef:Don't we know it. Pienaar wanted to sign on but they wouldn't give him the same money as Johnny Heitinga.
That's what I heard too - and it's a f*cking disgrace.

Johnny Heitinga... I mean: who...? One of or crappiest players, plain simple. Boukhari category; nothing more than that. Both Escudé and Grygera have more quality in their left bollock than Heitinga in his entire body, but the Amsterdam crowd will never acknowledge that because Heitinga's from the Holy Youth System.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di sep 27, 2005 9:01 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
bryan schreef:Don't we know it. Pienaar wanted to sign on but they wouldn't give him the same money as Johnny Heitinga.
That's what I heard too - and it's a f*cking disgrace.

Johnny Heitinga... I mean: who...? One of or crappiest players, plain simple. Boukhari category; nothing more than that. Both Escudé and Grygera have more quality in their left bollock than Heitinga in his entire body, but the Amsterdam crowd will never acknowledge that because Heitinga's from the Holy Youth System.

K.
Heitinga's not that bad. Bad, yes. At the moment I think he completely devoid of self confidence. But he has stil been selected by two different national team coaches, which must count for something. But right now he doesn't deserve his place in the team. Put him in jong Ajax instead of the bench so he can get some regular match play.

As to Pienaar, he was no world beater last year either, but he is coming back to form, and deserves to be paid at least as much as Heitinga. Ajax can afford it, so give him the money.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 27, 2005 5:36 pm

I am glad I have started up the debate about the biggest problem at this club, ie Bosman rearing its ugly head again.

I agree Trabelsi is unlikely to go in January but as for Pienaar the press over here are predicting he will leave for free next summer. He is playing well but is injury prone. Maxwell was going to be sold pre season but for his injury. De Jong !!! who knows.

It is very sad that a great club like Ajax has not learnt from the mid 1990's when we lost nearly a whole team through Bosman's and we are now likely to lose 4 first teamers for nothing.

Apart from fringe players like Boukhari we should never let anyone enter the last year of their contract.

Trabelsi telling us he is off at the end of this season is unacceptable , we should have sold him . De Jong and Pienaar should have had contract extensions this time last season. Sneijder's contract runs out 2007 any well run club would be offering him new terms now.

Ajax is a great club run by amatuers.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo sep 28, 2005 12:53 pm

I think it is only rumor, but I've read (in "Przegląd Sportowy"- the most popular polish sport newspaper) that Pienaar will go to Borussia Dortmund as an exchange for Jan Koller.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » wo sep 28, 2005 2:09 pm

I think it is only rumor, but I've read (in "Przegląd Sportowy"- the most popular polish sport newspaper) that Pienaar will go to Borussia Dortmund as an exchange for Jan Koller.
i read this in a belarusian sport newspaper....

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo sep 28, 2005 6:41 pm

As an exchange? Please tell me there's money coming Ajax's way too, because an ageing past it striker for our best midfielder doesn't sound very fair.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 28, 2005 6:58 pm

What , their getting Sneijder? ;)

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 28, 2005 7:02 pm

Shit bryan i cant fucking spell, their should read they're.

It's all that ranting about last night . :D

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 28, 2005 8:01 pm

i say if somebody want to pay up for pienaar, he should go

i have kinda resigned myself to the fact that we need to be patient for our football advantage to translate into regular wins - i believe it will come, and i still believe we will win the eredivisie this season
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo sep 28, 2005 9:31 pm

paladinby schreef:
It's bullshit, AND YOU KNOW THAT !! Guys !! Don't you agree ? Guys ??
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 28, 2005 9:49 pm

Pienaar is a good player, but not one i would be too concerned about losing.
However, the story probably is bullshit given the financial problems BVB have been experiencing.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo sep 28, 2005 9:49 pm

Can it be something else than bullshit ? Seriously ?
We don't need Koller at all, simple as that...

But I already read somewhere that Borussia is interested, to replace Rosicky if he leaves at the end of the season...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » wo sep 28, 2005 10:14 pm

I think BVB are in a similar situation to Rangers .... sell a player sign a Bosman.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do sep 29, 2005 10:14 am

Carcajou schreef:
paladinby schreef:
You sound a bit desperate here Carcajou....has it got something to do with your likings of Koller?

If he was a few years younger it actually wouldn't be such a bad swap. But I still think it's pretty much a newspaper story...that is not a real one.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do sep 29, 2005 11:44 am

Carcajou schreef:
paladinby schreef:
it can't be true because Koller is too old, just like Arveladze :X
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 29, 2005 11:56 am

philippe schreef:it can't be true because Koller is too old, just like Arveladze :X
And Van Hooydonk at the time... (who then won the UEFA Cup for Feyenerd all by himself).

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do sep 29, 2005 12:07 pm

Wouldnt be a wise swap,seeing as Koller ruptured his knee ligaments over the weekend & is out for the season. :sad:

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do sep 29, 2005 7:30 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
philippe schreef:it can't be true because Koller is too old, just like Arveladze :X
And Van Hooydonk at the time... (who then won the UEFA Cup for Feyenerd all by himself).

K.
Feyenoord had a pretty good team too with Tomasson, Kalou, Emerton, Bosvelt, Van Persie. But I think I know what you mean. ;)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di okt 18, 2005 10:11 am

from VI.NL today : " Juve aast op Maduro, Aston Villa wil Galásek ".
In case any of those two would be sold during the season, I suggest that the fans react firmly against the current club's policy.
Enough is enough.
But I am sure this will not happen :blush:
Appie, stay strong !

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di okt 18, 2005 10:26 am

If Maduro leaves expect me to start crying.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 18, 2005 2:27 pm

I live in Leiden too Bertje, I'll accompany you
Get a Cock

cdnajaxfan

Striker Stats

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » za nov 05, 2005 7:14 pm

I found these stats on skysports.com and ajax.nl. These may explain our problems in the striking deptartment:

Charisteas - Eridevise - 7 games played, 3 of them as a substitute with 4 goals. Overall, 13 appearances with 4 goals.

Babel - Eridevise - 13 games played, 3 of them as a substitute with 2 goals. Overall, 21 appearances with 4 goals.

Anastasiou - Eridevise - 5 games played, 3 of them as a substitute with 3 goals. Overall, 12 appearances with 10 goals!

Rosenberg- Eridevise - 9 games played, 2 of them as a substitute with 3 goals. Overall, 19 appearances with 8 goals.

In terms of strike rates, 1 goal per every 2 or 3 games is very acceptable in anyone's books. Therefore, Anastasiou and Rosenberg are our best overall strikers, according to the stats. Even Charisteas seems to be hitting that mark in Eridevise play at least.

However, Babel does not even remotely come close to that kind of strike rate. I think that we brought him up too early. Either that or he is just not No. 9 or 10 material. Either way, he does not impress me much.

We may have to spend some cash on a proven goal scorer in January. And by that I mean not someone from Heerenveen or Gronigen. We need a top notch international striker. We have not had that since Zlatan left.

On a stranger note, go figure, we have the worst squad in the past 3 years and we are probably going to qualify for the knockout round of the Champions League this year. We had much better squads when we got knocked out in the group stage 2 years in a row. I do not think that we had any easier draw this year than when we had Celta Vigo and Brugge in our group. I just can't explain it.

Gesloten