Daniël de Ridder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 2:11 pm

I agree with OPH: I think De Ridder's better than De Mul, but over all I must admit we seem to overrate him a little bit. He never got the chance to prove himself for a longer period of time, but last season he did get quite a lot of chances as a sub, and in most cases he just didn't deliver.

It's just that I like the kid so much. I have so much sympathy for him and Ajax was his dream. I remember when he was interviewed about his situation on AT5 last season. He almost started to cry when he explained that he didn't understand it. Heart-breaking.

I am not saying that Danny Blind is wrong (perhaps is right), but this is a painful departure of a wonderful person - that's for sure.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 22, 2005 6:46 pm

I like De Ridder ,but just don't see how he gets a game with the present squad short of catastrophic injury problems. He produced the occasional flash of brilliance, but, wasn't consistently of high caliber. I feel Rosales is a better right wing.I feel Maduro,Pienaar, or De Jong are better at right midfield.So, where does de Ridder find a game?

Sad to see him go,very sad in fact, but it appears he was a reserve side 1st choice at best. :sad:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 10:36 pm

Nooo... X'C X'C

Ridders was sent off tonight. 43rd minute, after what appears to have been a punch-up with an opponent... Red card in what was probably his last game as an Ajacied.

What a way to go...

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di aug 23, 2005 12:01 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Nooo... X'C X'C

Ridders was sent off tonight. 43rd minute, after what appears to have been a punch-up with an opponent... Red card in what was probably his last game as an Ajacied.

What a way to go...

K.
A few years of frustration will do that to you...pity. I always thought De Ridder was a great prospect. Hopefully he will get to another great club that will give him a fair go.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 23, 2005 10:57 am

What a waste ! One more name on the too long list of very talented players leaving Ajax too soon. :nooo:
Appie, stay strong !

Ayman

The clock is ticking for de Ridder

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 27, 2005 1:56 pm

Time really is running out for Danny de Ridder to find a new club. I just pray that he accepts a loan deal to an Eredivisie club and proves to Blind that he deserves a place in the Ajax squad.

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » za aug 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Sometimes I don't understand Ajax sometimes, we would rather play Pienaar who is not a winger rather than somebody who gives us natural width.

I hope he goes on loan rather than being sold so he can show Blind what he could offer to the team.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo aug 28, 2005 12:22 am

I agree, I feel De Jong should be a right back and Pienaar the right midfielder, with De Ridder and Rosales fighting for the right wing
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo aug 28, 2005 4:31 am

All to true, we are a team of multifacetic players, almost everybody can play in two even thre positions, hell just look at Bouckhari, left winger,left midfielder, GOLKEEPER. Yes GOLKEEPER. Christ.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » zo aug 28, 2005 12:40 pm

Of course there is a difference between being able to play in a posistion and being able to do well in that posistion.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo aug 28, 2005 3:42 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:All to true, we are a team of multifacetic players, almost everybody can play in two even thre positions, hell just look at Bouckhari, left winger,left midfielder, GOLKEEPER. Yes GOLKEEPER. Christ.
And you even forgot his REAL position, which is #10 :D
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 29, 2005 2:37 pm

According to regional newspaper Noord-Hollands Dagblad there is an official bid from Celta de Vigo... The paper claims that talks with the Spanish club have officially started...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ridders to Celta?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 5:28 pm

Just put this one up as a news link on Ajax USA... It's from Sporting Life:
Celta chase De Ridder

Ajax have confirmed Celta Vigo are in pole position to sign right winger Daniel de Ridder.

De Ridder is well down the pecking order at Ajax and Celta have officially informed the Dutch giants of their interest in the 21-year-old, whose contract at the Amsterdam ArenA runs until the summer of 2007.

"Celta are indeed the only club we are talking with about De Ridder," Ajax technical director Martin van Geel said.

De Ridder may be on his way out of Ajax before the transfer window closes, but former captain Tomas Galasek looks to be going nowhere.

Galasek has been relegated to the substitutes bench under Ajax coach Danny Blind and the Czech Republic international has spoken to Van Geel about his future.

But Van Geel's reply was: "a transfer for Tomas is out of the question for now."
K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 11:14 pm

Seems to be a done deal...

Spanish newspaper Marca, Spanish press agency EFE and reliable Dutch news sources such as VI.nl and NOS Teletekst all report that Ajax have loaned Dani de Ridder out to Celta de Vigo for one season, with an option for the Spanish side to buy him at season's end.

For those who can read Spanish:
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futb ... 56220.html

This will be officially confirmed by the clubs tomorrow -- safe bet.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo aug 31, 2005 12:48 am

Good deal people its the best for both partys, celta is an ofensive minded team that just got back from the second division, for that reason they are going with young players, i bet he´ll get plenty of playing time at Balaidos. Sad that he never got a chance at Ajax but glad that he's going to a good team with a lot of oportunity. Good look Ridders, hope you become a good one for the "Orange" in the future.

I'll keep an eye on him trough Espn international ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » wo aug 31, 2005 4:20 am

De Ridder is overrated and would be useless at Ajax... hope the Celta-deal is true and goes through.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo aug 31, 2005 11:37 am

I said it before and I'll say it again.

It is very interesting how a player can be rated enough outside Netherlands to draw interest from clubs in the highest division in both England and Spain.

Are we just simply too impatient with players here or what?

Then again I wouldn't be so certain that Ridders will play that much for Celta either.

Anyways: good luck!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 31, 2005 11:43 am

It's everywhere now (Sportweek magazine and Sky Sports now also run it as news, but no confirmation on Ajax.nl just yet...

I'm sure it's all true, but the Obodai case showed us that '99.9% sure' is not the same as '100% sure'... Ajax USA will run it as news as soon as the clubs have confirmed it.

K.
Still alive...

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » wo aug 31, 2005 3:49 pm

In a year football can change alot, on the one hand he could set La Liga alight or he could only play a couple of games.

Best of luck to him though.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 31, 2005 6:30 pm

Okay - so now we know why Ajax didn't confirm it yet: they were still talking to Celta. Pretty much the whole world has now reported that De Ridder has been loaned out to Celta for a year, with an option for the Spanish side to land him permanently at season's end. Not true: De Ridder has been sold. No loan deal. It's on Ajax.nl now; news report on Ajax USA will be up in an eyewink.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo aug 31, 2005 6:34 pm

Poor Celta-fans. :nooo:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 31, 2005 7:54 pm

Steef schreef:Poor Celta-fans. :nooo:
Piss off.

Time to close this thread down, folks... Comments on the transfer in the Players Leaving Ajax thread please.

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=4622

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten