Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 08, 2005 10:23 pm

Obodai was displaced in the center and on the right by the combined Maduro ,Heitinga, Galasek,Pienaar or De Jong. Lindgren was displaced on the left by Boukhari and Lindenbergh.Sneijder can play on the left too.See Obodai re: the center midfield logjam which also impacted Lindgren.De Mul was behing Rosales,Pienaar,maybe Manucharyan, Galasek, Heitinga,De Jong in the center and right side pecking orders. Of the 4,only De Ridder is a bit of a mystery. And that because I'm drawing a blank as to the depth chart at #7...Rosales,Pienaar, and ?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 09, 2005 7:36 am

According to this morning's De Telegraaf Anthony Obodai would like to stay in Holland. He turned down a try-out offer from Bolton Wanderers and wants to find a club over here. ADO Den Haag, Heracles Almelo and Sparta Rotterdam are said to be interested.

Daniël de Ridder has confirmed to De Telegraaf that he only wants to move abroad. Ajax wish to sell both Obodai and De Ridder.

The club do not necessarily want to sell Tom De Mul and Rasmus Lindgren. They also go on loan. In that case Ajax do demand that De Mul renews his deal. Heracles and Vitesse are said to be interested in landing De Mul on loan; RKC Waalwijk, Sparta and Groningen would like to have Lindgren.

Finally: Thomas Vermaelen has been told that he can not leave as long as there is no new left fullback and Angelos Charisteas has turned down an offer from Hertha BSC. He wants to stay at Ajax. Martin van Geel was quoted somewhere this week, saying: "He will have to perform more consistently than he's done so far, but he's improving and will get the time. He doesn't have to leave."

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 09, 2005 8:10 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Martin van Geel was quoted somewhere this week, saying: "He will have to perform more consistently than he's done so far, but he's improving and will get the time. He doesn't have to leave."

K.
I disagree, he's been very consistant....consistantly ineffective.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 09, 2005 10:25 am

De Ridder shouldve gone on loan, two season loan or something
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 09, 2005 11:47 am

So, let's take a quick look at Ajax's plans with the two right wingers...

De Ridder must be sold.

De Mul can sign a new deal and then leave on loan.

Conclusion: it's quite obvious who they feel is better and who is preferred for the future. I really don't understand their judgement in this case and if I were Ridders I would give 'em the finger and f*ck off. They've wasted enough of his time already. Time for him to start a career.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 09, 2005 12:39 pm

Obodai has been released.

Pity for de ridder, he had fine times in the few games he played last season, and the 03/04. de mul is obviously not as good
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Conclusion: it's quite obvious who they feel is better and who is preferred for the future. I really don't understand their judgement in this case and if I were Ridders I would give 'em the finger and f*ck off. They've wasted enough of his time already. Time for him to start a career.
Mind you: a few minutes after I posted this I saw a link on Ajax Netwerk to an article in Het Parool. De Ridder and his agent are very pissed off by this one. There was plenty of interest for De Ridder this summer and they asked Ajax to let him go. Now he's been told he can go after all, but almost all clubs in Europe have already completed their squad and are no longer interested.

I can totally see his point. He's absolutely right. First they talked him into a contract renewal and never gave him a chance - and now this. I would be very angry with Ajax too, that's for sure.

K.
Still alive...

Antwanvanderstap
Contacteer:

Bericht door Antwanvanderstap » di aug 09, 2005 12:49 pm

If the Ridder is really as good as everone claims he is he would not be in this position. He is obviously a good player but probably not constant enough to impress Koeman or Blind. Have a feeling we are to sentimental bout the fact that he is from Mokum and jewish. He's not all that.
Een AJACIED ben je niet voor even. een AJACIED ben je voor het leven!!!!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 09, 2005 1:30 pm

De Ridder never got a good report from his jong ajax coach to the head coach. (like blind promoting sneijder few yrs ago) That could also be a reason why the head coaches never trusted in him
Get a Cock

Antwanvanderstap
Contacteer:

Bericht door Antwanvanderstap » di aug 09, 2005 1:36 pm

Sounds reasonable. But i doubt that a real good player can be ruined by the information that his coach gives to the head coach. Particularly since Blind use to be head the youth program. On top of that it is a fact that all the head coaches frequently attend youth games to see the future at the Toekomst.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » di aug 09, 2005 2:22 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Mind you: a few minutes after I posted this I saw a link on Ajax Netwerk to an article in Het Parool. De Ridder and his agent are very pissed off by this one. There was plenty of interest for De Ridder this summer and they asked Ajax to let him go. Now he's been told he can go after all, but almost all clubs in Europe have already completed their squad and are no longer interested.

I can totally see his point. He's absolutely right. First they talked him into a contract renewal and never gave him a chance - and now this. I would be very angry with Ajax too, that's for sure.

K.
On the other hand, Ajax is a professional footballclub.Their own interest is most important. They are no charitable institution, and de Ridder is paid very well to play there.

Maybe he didn't get a fair chance, I dunno, but of course he has been given chances in the best. He is training daily with the group and I guess that it's there where he couldn't impress Blind (for whatever reason). I hate to see de Ridder as well, because he showed some remarkable skills in his first season, but other than that, he never really impressed me either in other games he performed.

Hopefully he will find a good club where he can play a lot. I remember Ronald de Boer and Andy vd Meijde being on loan (or sold) for a while too (among others). They made it eventually.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Antwanvanderstap
Contacteer:

Bericht door Antwanvanderstap » di aug 09, 2005 2:30 pm

I Hear ya....always upsetting to let talent go but that's all he is right now..a talented young player

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 09, 2005 8:33 pm

Telling players they can go with just 3weeks before the transfer dealine isn't good enough. I would think De Ridder must be pissed off.Letting Lindgren and De Mul out on loan has to be good for the players as they along with Vermaelen are not going to get regular games with Ajax and playing in the reserves will be of no benefit . De Ridder should have been loaned out in the 2nd half of last season as a regular game with Willem or Twente etc could have improved his game enough to be kept by Ajax.

De Mul incidently is the last player left with a contract plus a 2 year extension .

Trabelsi,Maxwell, DeRidder, Vermaelen and Lindgren have all had such contracts. Hopefully Ajax will not give out such contracts in future as they are one sided in the clubs favour.

One last point which we will all keep on about De Jong and his contract, why are the club not giving him a proper pay rise and what is this wait until November thing ?? I think we will lose him for nothing at the end of the season if we dont watch out. I thought this club learnt its lesson after 1995 and Bosman !!! obviously not.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 09, 2005 10:08 pm

Ajax never learn.

Lindgren is going on loan to groningen.
Get a Cock

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » di aug 09, 2005 11:58 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Martin van Geel was quoted somewhere this week, saying: "He will have to perform more consistently than he's done so far, but he's improving and will get the time. He doesn't have to leave."

K.
I disagree, he's been very consistant....consistantly ineffective.
And he's played how many competitive matches for Ajax now? Give the guy some slack, imagine if all Ajax players were written off as fast as Charisteas has been by many Ajax fans.

Good luck to de Ridder wherever he may end up. It's should be obvious that his place is not at Ajax, at least not anymore. For shame.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 10:46 pm

According to De Gelderlander (a regional newspaper) Ajax and Vitesse have reached an agreement on the transfer of Tom De Mul (loan-deal) to the Arnhem club.

Meanwhile, regional news network RTV Noord-Holland reports that Olympique Marseille have made an official bid for Daniël de Ridder.

I'm sure we'll hear more news on these two guys tomorrow.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 22, 2005 11:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to De Gelderlander (a regional newspaper) Ajax and Vitesse have reached an agreement on the transfer of Tom De Mul (loan-deal) to the Arnhem club.

Meanwhile, regional news network RTV Noord-Holland reports that Olympique Marseille have made an official bid for Daniël de Ridder.

I'm sure we'll hear more news on these two guys tomorrow.

K.
De Ridder going to my fave French club... That would be great. I hope that's true.
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 23, 2005 2:01 am

We should ask for a hefty amount, as Marseille I believe, took quite a lot from the Drogba sale :D
Get a Cock

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di aug 23, 2005 7:03 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Meanwhile, regional news network RTV Noord-Holland reports that Olympique Marseille have made an official bid for Daniël de Ridder.
That would be nice. My girlfriend is moving to France for a year, and I'll probably visit her sometime. She's gonna be somewhere close to Marseille, so when I go there I'll make her go with me to a footie game for sure. Would be nice to see Ridders play over there.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 23, 2005 7:59 am

If we take a look at the in and out flows for the past 12 months, the balance is not in our favour : we sell more good players than we get. Would it be that the club's current policy is to make money by selling good players rather than by winning competitions ? just wondering ... :hypocrite:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 9:46 am

In case you didn't see the report on Ajax USA yet... Obodai's transfer to Luton Town has fallen through. He's now joined Sparta Rotterdam. Sounds very dodgy...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... parta.html

Two different blokes claiming they're his real agent... Welcome to the world of modern football...

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do sep 01, 2005 1:03 am

Looks like AjaxTalk will need new masthead artwork, now that 2 of 5 are gone.

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/templates ... _phpBB.jpg

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 01, 2005 6:53 am

ajaxusa schreef:Looks like AjaxTalk will need new masthead artwork, now that 2 of 5 are gone.
Yeah - you could make new artwork with Sneijder, De Jong, Babel, Maduro and Emanuelson, but why don't we have some 'international' artwork: Rosales, Escudé, Grygera, Rosenberg and Juanfran? :D

I must admit: just doesn't feel right... Ajax Talk should probably go for youth players again.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do sep 01, 2005 7:14 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Yeah - you could make new artwork with Sneijder, De Jong, Babel, Maduro and Emanuelson, but why don't we have some 'international' artwork: Rosales, Escudé, Grygera, Rosenberg and Juanfran? :D

K.
AND Anastasiou :headbang:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do sep 01, 2005 7:51 am

Anastasiou, of course :eusa_dance:
but it seems difficult to choose and therefore eliminate anyone : why not something like the old logo, or a banner likeAfbeelding[/i]
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie