New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jul 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:According to FIFA.com, he is a midfielder. It would make more sense, but still, it's not what we really need right now.
Dunno about that....I think they need a 'fighter' (a la Davids/Makalele e.t.c.) to do the grunt work.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jul 11, 2005 8:19 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Dunno about that....I think they need a 'fighter' (a la Davids/Makalele e.t.c.) to do the grunt work.

on that note, the benny feilhaber to a dutch club rumours have intensified a bit, but we still don't know who he met with in amsterdam last week - he is currently playing for the US at the maccabi games in israel - he has the two-way midfield game of davids combined with the flow control skills and cool demeanor of claudio reyna

if i had to guess who might get him, it would be us, PSV, AZ or twente as a dark horse - i don't believe Fword are in the race - he also has a standing offer from hamburg, as well as rumoured interest from espanyol, real betis and 'gladbach

it would be nice to have a yank in the rood en wit again [/i]
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Dusan Djuric

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 19, 2005 12:08 pm

According to Swedish newspaper Expressen Ajax's 'Scandinavia scout' John Steen Olsen has watched Swedish striker Dusan Djuric of Halmstads BK. I recognize a few interesting words in the article, namely 'Feyenoord', 'AZ Alkmaar', 'FC Copenhagen' and 'Anderlecht'...

For our Swedes:
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?d=1148&a=406028

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di jul 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Yep, read it yesterday. Dusan Djuric is an interesting midfielder. Smart, fast and with good technique.

He comments the interest from the clubs you mentioned and says he thinks a move to the Dutch league would be a good first step in his career.

I have a feeling this guy could end up in AZ or some other just-under-the-top-club. He's got potential, but I'm not sure he's Ajax material just yet.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

ajaxshark

Bericht door ajaxshark » zo jul 24, 2005 3:21 am

Any more news on Davids or Van Der Meyde? I live in America and can't speak a lick of Dutch so my Ajax news is limited. I am so encouraged by this start...it looks like Blind can see after all and Rosenberg should just keep getting better and better ( creative and a scoring threat...finally a real striker!). But I think this team is lacking veterans, and i think either would be an unbeliveable addition. Also, Keeper...I lean towards and prefer Lobont, but if not him than I thought Stecklenberg was a lock. But it seems alot of you are lovin this other cat (Vermeelen, I think?) I'd like to hear some opinions on that. Also, anytime De Ridder gets time I see production...I don't understand why the squad isn't higher on him? It's time Ajax gets back into the elite of Europe where they belong!!! :worshippy:

ajaxshark

Bericht door ajaxshark » zo jul 24, 2005 3:25 am

Also, are there any kids that are ready to make the jump up anytime soon?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 24, 2005 10:46 am

ajaxshark schreef:Any more news on Davids or Van Der Meyde?
Yeah... That there is absolutely no way in the world that they will return to Ajax. Ajax wanted Davids at some point (not anymore), but Davids doesn't want Ajax. Van der Meyde would have loved to return, but Ajax are not interested. Chance of these two returning: 0.0%

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jul 25, 2005 2:53 pm

supposedly, everton are in talks with inter for them

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jul 25, 2005 6:18 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:

From FansFC website.....

Premiership quartet in battle for Dutch star Davids
14:47 July, 25, 2005
Middlesbrough, West Ham, Tottenham and Everton are all thought to be weighing up a move for Edgar Davids

The 32-year-old star is not in the first team plans at Inter Milan and will be offered to Premiership clubs on a season-long loan by the Italian giants.

Davids has played for a number of Europe's top clubs during a glittering career but is yet to test his skills in England and would be a major coup for any of the sides chasing him.

The Dutch international is on a huge contract at the San Siro stadium and any club looking to do a deal for him will have to pay a large percentage of his weekly wage.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jul 26, 2005 7:38 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:

From FansFC website.....

Premiership quartet in battle for Dutch star Davids
14:47 July, 25, 2005
Middlesbrough, West Ham, Tottenham and Everton are all thought to be weighing up a move for Edgar Davids
According to BBC TV news Davids has signed for Tottenham, on a free transfer, subject to medical.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 27, 2005 3:34 pm

now lets get saviola in, loan or permanent, i love that guy... :cheer:
Get a Cock

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jul 30, 2005 4:28 pm

italian newspapers report that Inter Milan LB Francesco Coco has flown today in A'Dam for closing a deal with Ajax board.
Coco has played also for AC Milan and Barcelona but is something like two years whitout playing for various injuries.
Anyway, if he's fit he could be a good LB, no great quality but great runner. And also he could be first italian ever at Ajax, I think..
don t'know if that reports are true but as italian Ajacied I would be pretty happy if the deal will be done.
O tempora o mores

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jul 30, 2005 7:37 pm

orange goblin schreef:italian newspapers report that Inter Milan LB Francesco Coco has flown today in A'Dam for closing a deal with Ajax board.
Coco has played also for AC Milan and Barcelona but is something like two years whitout playing for various injuries.
Anyway, if he's fit he could be a good LB, no great quality but great runner. And also he could be first italian ever at Ajax, I think..
don t'know if that reports are true but as italian Ajacied I would be pretty happy if the deal will be done.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francesco coco is, without using any hyperbole, THE WORST wide defender on planet earth - my only consolation is that "italian reports" usually translates to "complete bullshit"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za jul 30, 2005 8:01 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef: OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francesco coco is, without using any hyperbole, THE WORST wide defender on planet earth - my only consolation is that "italian reports" usually translates to "complete bullshit"
Plus he's Italian so I obviously don't want him in my team...
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jul 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Duh, as if Dutch players did well with Italian coaches, what makes Italian players do well with Dutch coaches? Plus we got grygera, heitinga, whoever, which are much better than this Coco dudette.
Get a Cock

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » za jul 30, 2005 9:43 pm

Coco?????We already have our own resident Clown in the squad.Complete with bad hair,stumpy little legs,flipper feet and keeps falling over.

You know who Im talking about.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jul 31, 2005 1:57 pm

Wesley Sneider has bad hair?

Can't say I ever noticed.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo jul 31, 2005 6:56 pm

Come on guys, we are in desperate need of at least an average lefty who can do the job. Coco might be italian( and boy do i hate the bloody italians) but lets not close the door just because of that fact. He has top club and international experience. Is a good defender( like every single italian) and should be kind of cheap( why the hell would we be interested in a freaking italian). My point is we dont have a sure fire left back, Coco has played that position all his life and feels confortable in it. I say lets see the price tag and then give him a chance. He might not be the ofensive minded and skilled defender as Maxwell was but he sure is more solid in the defensive aspect of the game.

Lets wait and see.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jul 31, 2005 10:17 pm

Omg....Coco....a reject from AC Milan went on loan to Barcelona, flopped, now he Inter dont want him, is that how dire our situation is.......we cant find a decent left back therefore we are going for a reject, I know left backs dont grow on trees but surely our scouts can find some in eastern europe or scandinavia

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » zo jul 31, 2005 11:17 pm

should go for clemente rodriguez from one of those moscow teams.

edit:
or cicinho from sao paulo, that would be GREAT! :cheer:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

No Coco!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 31, 2005 11:33 pm

No worries, folks...

Danny Blind confirmed on SBS6 tonight that Coco was offered to Ajax, but he said that Ajax are not interested because he's too injury-prone. Blind said that Coco is not an option.

He also said that agents have offered more left fullbacks to Ajax, because they all know Ajax are looking for one. 04 August is the registration deadline for the Champions League...

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 01, 2005 12:01 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Come on guys, we are in desperate need of at least an average lefty who can do the job. Coco might be italian( and boy do i hate the bloody italians) but lets not close the door just because of that fact. He has top club and international experience. Is a good defender( like every single italian) and should be kind of cheap( why the hell would we be interested in a freaking italian). My point is we dont have a sure fire left back, Coco has played that position all his life and feels confortable in it. I say lets see the price tag and then give him a chance. He might not be the ofensive minded and skilled defender as Maxwell was but he sure is more solid in the defensive aspect of the game.

Lets wait and see.
if by solid defensively, you mean getting caught up the wing 22 times per match and giving away danger free kicks every six minutes... then yeah, he's as "solid" as it gets

i'm only gonna say this once: coco is FAR more comfortable as a right back than he is as a leftback... and he FRIGGIN' SUCKS ASS as a right back

you do the math

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 01, 2005 12:10 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Come on guys, we are in desperate need of at least an average lefty who can do the job. Coco might be italian( and boy do i hate the bloody italians) but lets not close the door just because of that fact. He has top club and international experience. Is a good defender( like every single italian) and should be kind of cheap( why the hell would we be interested in a freaking italian). My point is we dont have a sure fire left back, Coco has played that position all his life and feels confortable in it. I say lets see the price tag and then give him a chance. He might not be the ofensive minded and skilled defender as Maxwell was but he sure is more solid in the defensive aspect of the game.

Lets wait and see.
if by solid defensively, you mean getting caught up the wing 22 times per match and giving away danger free kicks every six minutes... then yeah, he's as "solid" as it gets

i'm only gonna say this once: coco is FAR more comfortable as a right back than he is as a leftback... and he FRIGGIN' SUCKS ASS as a right back

you do the math
Plus he's hardly played a game in the last years. Not mentioning he's Italian.
meh :|

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma aug 01, 2005 12:55 pm

I like the fact u hate us italians. seriously. we deserved it in many years of stupid football and not only football.

by the way, newspapers said that coco and his father today will have talks with blind and already had a meeting with the club board. apparently he had also offers from everton, fulham and olympiakos, but had no doubts when someone talked him about ajax.....

coco is now finally fit, had played some games in Inter pre-season campaingn both as LB e RB..I never loved him too much, but in Inter no less than 40 LB had failed in last fifteen years... i feel that he could be a good option for us, strong and great runner as i said.
let's see..
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Carcajou schreef: Not mentioning he's Italian.
we already have a Frenchman, and that enough
Appie, stay strong !

Gesloten