Angelos Charisteas

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mei 05, 2005 9:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Okay.

I was in touch with a guy I know today, who is a sports journalist (I won't give him away, but he's not working for the same paper as me).
K.
Wow you know Hugo Borst!!!
I'm impressed.... ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 06, 2005 4:06 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I do know that Albania is the poorest country in Europe today.
K.

So, as I see, Poland must be one of the richest ones. Yesterday homeless woman has found an envelope with 41 000 złotych (+/- 10 000 euro) and... she brought it to the police station! According to our right, it will be given only 10% to her. It is possibility, that she got all the money, but then she will pay 30% of this as a 'income-tax'. Can you imagine? She has found 41 000 PLN and she gave it to the police! It is not honesty- it is stupidity! 41 000 zł... I will have over 100 trips to Ajax games X'C .

ghost dog

Bericht door ghost dog » wo jun 22, 2005 6:34 pm

Charisteas is linked with Standard Liège, more news on friday.

sudesh

Bericht door sudesh » wo jun 22, 2005 9:37 pm

What is your source?

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » wo jun 22, 2005 10:29 pm

Why doesn't Koeman buy him. He seems to be the only one that is convinced that the guy can play. Can't we give him to Koeman as a birthday present or something like that. Should be great idea! :D

LXIV
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jun 22, 2005 10:55 pm

He will probably end up at Benfica, I hope we can squeeze as much money out of him as possible.

sudesh

Bericht door sudesh » vr jun 24, 2005 8:17 pm

ghost dog schreef:Charisteas is linked with Standard Liège, more news on friday.
It's friday, ghost dog :eusa_liar:

ghost dog

Bericht door ghost dog » za jun 25, 2005 4:13 pm

sudesh schreef:
ghost dog schreef:Charisteas is linked with Standard Liège, more news on friday.
It's friday, ghost dog :eusa_liar:
http://www.dhnet.be/index.phtml?content ... ?id=124426

Ok, it's not a "real" link... :blush:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za jun 25, 2005 8:28 pm

"It was quite a change for me. At Bremen there were four or five players who were more skillful than me. At Ajax there are ten or twelve. I've already learned a few new things, but I am young. I still have to learn a lot" (From Ajax USA, quoting Die Welt).

I'd rather say around 50 : all first and second squad (plus the subs), Danny Blind and Sjaake Wolfs :D :D :D :D ;)
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Charisteas on his way out...?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 20, 2005 3:42 pm

Is Angelos Charisteas on his way out?

A couple of weeks ago there were rumours in the press that Standard Liege from Belgium want him, yesterday English news sources reported that West Ham United are interested and today a paper named El Mundo/El Dia reports that Real Mallorca want to land him. Remarkably, the latter article explicitly states that Ajax want to sell him. Wouldn't surprise me, as the rumours that Blind doesn't rate him are persistent over here.

We'll see what happens.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm

There is no question that Rosenberg's signing made him excess...baggage... to requirements. In Rosenberg, Anastasiou, and Babel. we have at least three players who can perform at #9. I'd be all for giving him a chance, like I said re: Rosales at RW, but it looks quite possible he may not even get on the pitch.Better we try to get rid of him and ,perhaps, put the $ towards a LB.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » do jul 21, 2005 2:15 am

Unless Rosenberg turns out to be a major flop, Charisteas is definitely on his way out. This kinda like the worst kept secret. Everybody knows it...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 23, 2005 11:21 am

According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo-El Dia Ajax and Real Mallorca are now officially talking. Ajax reportedly demand 5 million euros for Charisteas, which is way too much for Real Mallorca.

For those who read Spanish:
http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2005/07/23 ... 69600.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 26, 2005 7:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo-El Dia Ajax and Real Mallorca are now officially talking. Ajax reportedly demand 5 million euros for Charisteas, which is way too much for Real Mallorca
The news that Ajax are actively trying to sell Angelos Charisteas is now also in Spanish newspaper AS. According to that paper Ajax have rejected a 2 million euro bid from Real Mallorca. Good decision. We bought him for around 4.5 million and he's not even been here for a year. We shouldn't settle for less than 4 million.

K.
Still alive...

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di jul 26, 2005 11:59 am

True, he is a good back-up player. If the money is right they can take him, but for less than 4 million it isn't worth it.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 26, 2005 7:03 pm

Just read the article... it says that the Mallorcan team are looking for a tall striker and that there first intentions where to bag Corradi( yeah right) but since that seems imposible there are now looking at Charisteas. It also says that it all really depends on the final word of Hector Cuper there manager if he give´s the thumbs up than Mallorca are willing "to make some sacrifices" to obtain the Greek striker. They constantly nag about the big asking price for the player and they add that it would seem more reasonable to look for a season long loan with an option to buy at seasons end( not a good idea for Ajax).

Let me add some Venezuelan pride here :headbang: our best player Juan Arango is a key player in the Mallorcan team and one of Cuper´s favorites, so i have a soft spot for this team.Theres also a small headline on the right that says " the other option, Rade Prica".

I dont know how this is gonna end but there´s a serious interest in Charisteas we might be able to get 3.5 even 4 million from this team if were lucky.

Any opinions ??????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jul 26, 2005 7:42 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
I dont know how this is gonna end but there´s a serious interest in Charisteas we might be able to get 3.5 even 4 million from this team if were lucky.

Any opinions ??????
He's not really fitted in at Ajax for a lot of reasons so I certainly agree that we should sell him if the price is right and 3.5 - 4 million would be OK, not too much of a loss considering how much he cost and that we want to offload him.

That said, despite the last few months, he's not become a bad player overnight so we don't have to accept any old offer for him.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 27, 2005 12:12 pm

For what it's worth: in today's issue of Voetbal International Martin van Geel denies that any club has shown concrete interest in Charisteas (or Lobont, for that matter). I don't believe that. I have a very strong feeling that the Real Mallorca thing is true.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jul 27, 2005 1:52 pm

First of all- Charisteas in not bad player. He is good, but not in our 4-3-3 formation. He is too slow to be a winger and I think he doesn't have any chances to be striker (we have Marcus Rosenberg). So he might be only reserve striker now, but I believe, that we should keep him in Ajax. Rosenberg might be injured during the season, and we will have good player to replace him. But we must give him a chance to play!! He didn't play to many games, and we cannot say that he is bad yet.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 27, 2005 3:27 pm

Well Blind isnt convinced by Angelos and/or Bogdan, so im guessing theyre on their way out.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 8:44 am

Real Mallorca are no longer interested in Charisteas (5 million is too much for them), but according to German newspaper Welt am Sonntag Borussia Mönchengladbach are now seriously interested. They need a new striker because several of their strikers are injured, including... Wesley Sonck.

Will they once again buy a striker from Ajax that did not make it in Amsterdam...?

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo sep 11, 2005 7:18 pm

2 goals in 2 league matches... is Harry doin'well or they're only cold numbers? I ask cause I can't see the whole games, so it's difficult for me to have a complete opinion on the players.
Anyway: I am happy for Charistes, never thought he's too bad for us.
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 11, 2005 8:40 pm

orange goblin schreef:2 goals in 2 league matches... is Harry doin'well or they're only cold numbers? I ask cause I can't see the whole games, so it's difficult for me to have a complete opinion on the players.
He scored both games as a sub and in both games I thought he did really well. More dangerous on the ball than Rosenberg and Babel, for sure, and he seems to have much more confidence on the ball than he had last season. Last season he seemed to undecided when he had the ball. He always tapped it back to a midfielder. Now he chooses the shortest way to the goal.

Yesterday he played really well, if you ask me, and I really think he should start on Wednesday. Which does not mean that Rosenberg is shit, or a bad buy or whatever. Let's give the bloke some time and bring him slowly. At the moment it's time to give Harry a shot, though.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » zo sep 11, 2005 9:43 pm

Im pleased for the bubble.Hes shown some balls to stick at it and I hope hes now turned the corner for us.Kebebs all round.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo sep 11, 2005 10:11 pm

Good to know this guy is starting to put the biscuit in the basket but i still see him as a kind of "supersub" rather than a starter.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Gesloten